Econo Shitbox Commercials (Kia, Hyundai) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Econo Shitbox Commercials (Kia, Hyundai)

I'm sure you've all seen the horrid Kia commercials that have been running for the last 6 months, with the Obama impersonator.

Last night during MNF, I saw a new one for a Hyundai dealership, taking jabs at Sarah Palin with an impersonator.

So obviously, the econo shitbox market is targeted towards the lower wage earners.

Do you think the pro Democrat commercials are by marketing design, or purely coincidental?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 AM
T-MINUS

I think they know their target audience.

On a side note, I love how the government is telling the automakers that 25bil is available to them if they build fuel efficient shitboxdeathtraps when the public clearly doesn't want to buy them.

A complete success? A Suburban that gets 35mpg.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Lifer

i have a freind that owns a suzuki dealership in grapevine...........his buisiness sucks. Same demographic problem the commercials are going after, folks that will pay 20% on a car loan just to have a car don't usually live in grapevine or southlake.

real cobras don't have fog lights

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:34 AM
duh...duh....duh

I see those car-a-thon type shows on Sundays, where they are advertising the cars for sale over a 1 hour period. You know, the V6 Mustang with 20" rims is "sport"....I think I can tell the target audience from that as well.

On a side note, I stay in the econo car market for travel - but I don't buy the hype. Drove a Kia rental once....

Either way, these days you can get 30ish mpg and SOME decent comforts (i.e. Altima).

My '03 Sold.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Come see Clay.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!
Come see Clay.
Fuck Clay Cooley and his snobby piece of shit family and kids.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:12 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Hi, Bill Dickason here.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:44 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

I can't decide whether the obama fake saying his new limo is a kia would be insulting towards blacks, or humorous.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Yeah, it's no accident.

DFWMustangs.net
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Fuck Clay Cooley and his snobby piece of shit family and kids.

LOL! Care to elaborate? He's a regular of my best friend's, at my favorite eatery.

In fact, his family was in there one night, and his son is a huge Patriots fan. He had on a Brady jersey, and Witten was sitting at the next table over with Brady James. Witten walked up to him, pulled at his jersey and said "Are you kidding me? You know where you are, right?"

I've met him, as well. Seemed like a nice enough guy.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 AM
AHMO!

That kid snapped his fingers at me and told me what to do one night when he was at the place I worked at. No lil 15 year old shit is going to snap his fingers at me and tell me what to do. I let him know his server would be with him shortly to take care of that request.

Clay was just an arrogant ass the few times his familiy was in there and expected people to jump and run for him when he talked. I just didn't care much for them.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
That kid snapped his fingers at me and told me what to do one night when he was at the place I worked at. No lil 15 year old shit is going to snap his fingers at me and tell me what to do. I let him know his server would be with him shortly to take care of that request.

Clay was just an arrogant ass the few times his familiy was in there and expected people to jump and run for him when he talked. I just didn't care much for them.

I could see that happening.... Although, every time I've seen them in there, his kid has been very well behaved.

I'd love to sit here and say no matter how much money I may have, my kids would never act that way, but let's face it. I don't have that much money, so I can't really say how they'd behave.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I could see that happening.... Although, every time I've seen them in there, his kid has been very well behaved.

I'd love to sit here and say no matter how much money I may have, my kids would never act that way, but let's face it. I don't have that much money, so I can't really say how they'd behave.
This was one time when clay wasn't there and it was just the wife the oldest and a younger kiddo. the younger kids were nice but just difficult (everything special ordered) but were polite.

I will say it was one of 3 people I've ever seen pay with the Centurion (amex Black) card. He at least tipped fairly well (18-20%)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 02:21 PM
IA2

You got a job? You got $199?

Seriously, there may be a lot more people driving kias and hyundais soon if the economy stays in the tank.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
You got a job? You got $199?

Seriously, there may be a lot more people driving kias and hyundais soon if the economy stays in the tank.

Dually's going bye-bye (stupid purchase to begin with) and is being replaced with probably a used Jetta or the like.

Unless GE or one of our other LE guys can help me figure out how to make it disappear... Lol
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Dually's going bye-bye (stupid purchase to begin with) and is being replaced with probably a used Jetta or the like.

Unless GE or one of our other LE guys can help me figure out how to make it disappear... Lol
Been there, done that. I feel for ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement