$237.2 billion deficit for just October - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

$237.2 billion deficit for just October

Quote:
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The U.S. federal government deficit soared in October to a record $237.2 billion, as the government invested more than $136 billion in various bank bailout programs, the Treasury reported Thursday.
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...442C3FA7D76%7D

Just one month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Mojo rising!

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Lifer

Raise the taxes!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I've been reading a few articles about the US Government possibly losing its AAA credit rating. Also, there is a real possibility of the government declaring bankruptcy.

From a strictly political standpoint, Obama is going to be fucked. I know its not his totally his fault and I know the Democrats were only in power for two years but they are in office and they will feel the pain come election time. This financial mess that started a couple of years ago has only begun. We are fucked.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
I've been reading a few articles about the US Government possibly losing its AAA credit rating. Also, there is a real possibility of the government declaring bankruptcy.

From a strictly political standpoint, Obama is going to be fucked. I know its not his totally his fault and I know the Democrats were only in power for two years but they are in office and they will feel the pain come election time. This financial mess that started a couple of years ago has only begun. We are fucked.

This house of cards began a long time ago we just started seeing the bad results of it a couple of years ago.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Raise the taxes!
That is exactly whats going to happen. Obama said he would only raise taxes on those making over $250k. I think he'll do it for anyone making over $100k.

I also think he will HAVE TO pull all troops out of Iraq by the end of next year. If the financial mess wasn't happening, I think he would have waited until 2011 like the Bush administration is moving towards.

I think several defense projects are DONE. The F-22 is hanging by a thread as it is because so many countries want the F-35. I think they'll kill any more fighters.

NASA is done. The Shuttle will be retired in 2010 as planned and we'll be hitching rides to the space station. Unless they get smart and do something other than the Aries rocket program, NASA will die. Forget going to the moon by 2020. We won't be going back until 2030 or 2040.

Fees, Fees, Fees. The Feds will impose fees on everything. They will create toll roads all over the country to pay for infrastructure. Gasoline taxes will go up too. (though I actually support higher gas taxes for infrastructure) You'll also see fees for everything else going up..

Universal heathcare ain't happening. Obama is already scaling back his promises and healthcare is going to be the biggest one (thank God)

Shrinking military. Obama will cut the military as much as the Congress will let him and that is a lot. Kill missile defense goodbye. We may even end up pulling out our troops out of many countries including NATO allies.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
That is exactly whats going to happen. Obama said he would only raise taxes on those making over $250k. I think he'll do it for anyone making over $100k.

I also think he will HAVE TO pull all troops out of Iraq by the end of next year. If the financial mess wasn't happening, I think he would have waited until 2011 like the Bush administration is moving towards.

I think several defense projects are DONE. The F-22 is hanging by a thread as it is because so many countries want the F-35. I think they'll kill any more fighters.

NASA is done. The Shuttle will be retired in 2010 as planned and we'll be hitching rides to the space station. Unless they get smart and do something other than the Aries rocket program, NASA will die. Forget going to the moon by 2020. We won't be going back until 2030 or 2040.

Fees, Fees, Fees. The Feds will impose fees on everything. They will create toll roads all over the country to pay for infrastructure. Gasoline taxes will go up too. (though I actually support higher gas taxes for infrastructure) You'll also see fees for everything else going up..

Universal heathcare ain't happening. Obama is already scaling back his promises and healthcare is going to be the biggest one (thank God)

Shrinking military. Obama will cut the military as much as the Congress will let him and that is a lot. Kill missile defense goodbye. We may even end up pulling out our troops out of many countries including NATO allies.
If all the things happen that you say are going to happan, how long before the next attact on the USA will come from the body bommers
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:37 PM
BANNED

Lets start a real war that requires increased manufacturing of war supplies that will increase jobs at home and help the economy.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Time Served

Good greef their is two going on now & we are not making any thing for the troups, I wonder if we are losing, because may be China is making everything for us, and our troup.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss D
Good greef their is two going on now & we are not making any thing for the troups, I wonder if we are losing, because may be China is making everything for us, and our troup.
These are not the types of wars that help economy. WWII is the type. I think the possibility of wars helping economy is a thing of the past anyway. But any college history prof can prove to you that wars used to be GREAT for the economy.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Token Union Member

Quote:
Are you whiteboy's chick? If not yall would make the perfect couple.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Are you whiteboy's chick? If not yall would make the perfect couple.
DAYUMMM

LMAO

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 04:52 PM
IA2

I wouldn't mind pulling US troups out of europe. Let the europeans defend themselves. It's about time they paid for their own defense.

As far as the rest of it, I think you're probably right.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 04:59 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
If all the things happen that you say are going to happan, how long before the next attact on the USA will come from the body bommers
WTF is a body bommer?

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Token Union Member

Quote:
WTF is a body bommer?

I'm still trying to figure out how she can spell happen correctly and incorrectly in the same sentence.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
I'm still trying to figure out how she can spell happen correctly and incorrectly in the same sentence.
It takes a special talent. The kind of special that uses a short school bus.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Token Union Member

Quote:
It takes a special talent. The kind of special that uses a short school bus.

Lets hope for her sake she has a pretty face and a nice set of titts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement