Have a good laugh at these cavemen.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Have a good laugh at these cavemen....

What a bunch of fucking clowns.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...jMI&refer=home

Miniskirts, Headscarves Don't Mix at New Tehran Park (Update1)

By Ladane Nasseri

Nov. 12 (Bloomberg) -- A woman clad in a red T-shirt plays an Iranian drum in a Tehran park as her teenage daughter dances nearby, her hair flowing in the air.

Anywhere else in Iran they would risk being stopped by the police and possibly arrested. Here, in the first female-only park in the Islamic country's capital, a dozen women in summer garb have gathered on the grass to watch and applaud.

``We're having great fun without men,'' Setareh Sabzevari, 40, said.

Mothers' Heaven opened in May as a place where women can cast off their Islamic headscarves and dress to enjoy the sun, jog and play without offending anyone. Embraced by many visitors, the park has also sparked concern it may encourage segregation after a decade in which women gained more freedom to interact with men and participate in sports in public -- albeit with their hair and bodies fully covered.

Such initiatives are ``positive as long as women have the freedom to choose,'' said Rosa Gharachorloo, assistant professor in human and women's rights at Tehran's Azad University. ``I just would not want this to turn into a law or to become the norm. What if it extends to public libraries or cinemas?''

The mayor's office rebuffs criticism by saying Mothers' Heaven, which has on average 1,000 visitors a day, was created in response to requests from women. The city opened a second park in August and has plans for four others.

They are practical solutions that respect religious beliefs and are in line with the Islamic Republic's laws, said Mahmood Maniei, a spokesman and adviser to the mayor's office for Tehran's third district, where the park is located.

Segregation vs. Opportunity

``Would you prefer doing sports in an Islamic coat or without?'' he said. ``This is not about segregation. It's giving women equal opportunities in the city.''

Sociologist Nayereh Tavakoli said she was concerned that some activities women had already gained acceptance for could ``again be viewed as abnormal.''

``This is giving opportunities, but it's not giving equal opportunities,'' she said. ``Equal would mean that they would have similar access to any park in the city.''

Mothers' Heaven takes up 15-hectares (37 acres) of a park in northern Tehran whose tall trees and hilly terrain, supplemented by metal walls in some areas, keep the women hidden from view. A team of 15 guards patrol the gates to dissuade potential voyeurs.

The park is managed by a team of 35 women. It includes a 4- kilometer cycling track, a grass hockey field and halls with basketball and badminton courts and archery targets. Bicycles can be rented at an hourly rate of 10,000 rials, or about $1. Aerobics and yoga classes are also available.

Walking Under the Sky

Only on Fridays, when the park opens its doors to the entire family, do female visitors have to keep themselves covered.

Pantea Ebrahimian says Mothers' Heaven is a ``good move,'' especially in a city where few families have private gardens, as long as women aren't prevented from going to other parks.

``Every Iranian woman dreams of being able to walk under the sky like this,'' said the 22-year-old design graduate in a pink tank top and a miniskirt, who came for a tanning session.

In Iran, every female adult is required to cover her hair and body forms in public to avoid attracting men's attention.

Following the 1979 revolution, which replaced the monarchy with an Islamic republic, women were forced to adopt the strict dress code. They were prevented from bicycling, stretching or jogging in public so as not to be a source of distraction for men. Segregation was pushed as far as sports fields and ski slopes to limit mingling between youths of both sexes.

Bungee Jumping

Social customs relaxed under presidency of Mohammad Khatami from 1997 to 2005. While the principle of the Islamic dress code remained, women started wearing colorful scarves and shorter and tighter coats. Women were allowed to interact with men in public, and they slowly brought their leisure into the open.

Women's appetite for the next sports experience has led to a 100-long wait list at Iran's first bungee-jumping venue on the Tochal Mountain, a popular leisure spot for Tehranis. For now, founder Houman Hoviatdoust is accepting only male customers.

Iranian officials who often hike in the area ``could find it distasteful to hear women scream in public,'' he said.

Because women are still encouraged to dress modestly and act chastely, they have kept a general sense of reservation in public. For Sabzevari, Mothers' Heaven is a good compromise.

``In this society, we can't dress as we want or sing in public spaces,'' she said, pouring a glass of tea from a flask and passing around a box filled with chocolate cookies. ``Here, it's like being home only it doesn't have a ceiling.''
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Token Union Member

Why the youth in those countries doesn't rise up and over throw their 1st century government is beyond me.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
In Iran, every female adult is required to cover her hair and body forms in public to avoid attracting men's attention.

They were prevented from bicycling, stretching or jogging in public so as not to be a source of distraction for men.
Woman must hide from men's view, so not to distract men. Sounds like men are the ones with the problem.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:39 PM
T-MINUS

What a piece of shit culture.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 PM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Woman must hide from men's view, so not to distract men. Sounds like men are the ones with the problem.
agree
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Lifer

We should Nuke that whole motherfucker!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Time Served

Quote:
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Mark 9:47

Sounds like they need to be introduced to Christianity.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Lifer

Sick society. They live in the dark ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I've never thought they liked women.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:11 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I've never thought they liked women.
Muslims prefer donkeys, but only because they show delicious skin.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Time Served

They’re not that discriminating – the entire barnyard is their playground.

"A man can have sex with animals such as sheeps, cows, camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village; however, selling the meat to the next door village should be fine."

Ayatollah Khomeini
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 07:24 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop

"A man can have sex with animals such as sheeps, cows, camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village; however, selling the meat to the next door village should be fine."

Ayatollah Khomeini

and this guys is a religious icon.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:16 PM
PAN

My eyes bugged out and I had to question if I had just read what I had just read.

Damn!

What a jackedtfu, in the true sense of the term, society...
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:17 AM
Lifer

Sounds like a doggie park for women
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 06:51 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Sounds like a doggie park for women
With the exception of men walking around with little bags picking up the shit from their women.

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Lifer

And you wonder why the Middle East is full of a bunch of angry males.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Why the youth in those countries doesn't rise up and over throw their 1st century government is beyond me.
Its because they don't know any better... they were raised in that shit and they think its normal... thats also why the government in those countries censor everything, they don't want they people to find out what the world is really like... I would love to see them revolt and overthrow those clowns but I don't think it will ever happen...
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dan
Its because they don't know any better... they were raised in that shit and they think its normal... thats also why the government in those countries censor everything, they don't want they people to find out what the world is really like... I would love to see them revolt and overthrow those clowns but I don't think it will ever happen...
What is their religion for anyway?
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
What is their religion for anyway?
Shia Islam and Sunni Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Its because they don't know any better... they were raised in that shit and they think its normal...
For a few generations now.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Lifer

image edit:
muslims are not angry

Last edited by FSON; 11-13-2008 at 09:20 AM.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:25 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
I think it's more of something to do with the current goverment not having a problem killing someone who defies and protests it over there.

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
And you wonder why the Middle East is full of a bunch of angry males.
I believe that Islam wants exactly that, so that is likely the reason for the banishment of women from daily society.
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Out

Fucking savages...
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop

Ayatollah Khomeini
I couldn't believe it when I read that. I had to look it up! I can't believe that's a legit quote!

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
I think it's more of something to do with the current goverment not having a problem killing someone who defies and protests it over there.
Thats true too... people disappearing in the middle of the night...
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
Thats true too... people disappearing in the middle of the night...
Middle of the night my ass. THose bastards will shoot you there, and call in the "clean up crew" to take care of the bloody mess your brain made trying to play "catch the bullet".

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Lifer

You get to kill your sister if you see her talking or walking down the street with a strange man or a man form an illegitimate Muslim sect.

What the Hail is wrong with you people?
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Lifer

Where are SS and zurethra when you need them....these are their beloved countrymen being bashed in this thread
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Where are SS and zurethra when you need them....these are their beloved countrymen being bashed in this thread
They'll just say that they can't stand the nuts who run Iran, that religion is for fruitcakes and they don't agree with treating women like dogs. But then they'll defend these fucking idiots until the end and blame everything on "zionists". It's actually pretty pathetic.
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
They'll just say that they can't stand the nuts who run Iran, that religion is for fruitcakes and they don't agree with treating women like dogs. But then they'll defend these fucking idiots until the end and blame everything on "zionists". It's actually pretty pathetic.
They're angry because Sarah kicked their butts out of the tent. If they would only look at that in a positive light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement