Bush's Regrets.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Bush's Regrets..

Quote:
Nov. 12 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush said he regrets the display of the ``Mission Accomplished'' sign as backdrop for a speech he gave about a month after the March 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq.
``To some, it said, well, `Bush thinks the war in Iraq is over,' when I didn't think that,'' he said in a CNN interview today. ``It conveyed the wrong message.''
The sign was hung on the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003, when Bush landed on the carrier wearing a flight suit to declare that major combat operations in Iraq were over. That speech has since served as a rallying point for critics of Bush's policies in Iraq.
Bush also cited other regrets in the CNN interview, which was conducted aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid in New York after a Veterans Day ceremony.
``I regret saying some things I shouldn't have said,'' Bush said. He cited comments he made after the Sept. 11 attacks, when he said of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden: ``I want justice. There's an old poster out West that said, 'Wanted, dead or alive.'''
He also said he regretted telling Iraqi insurgents in 2003: ``There are some who feel like that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is, bring 'em on.''
`Be Careful'
In the interview yesterday, he said, ``My wife reminded me that, `hey, as president of the United States, be careful what you say.'''
Bush, 62, also described his Nov. 10 meeting at the White House with his successor, President-elect Barack Obama, and said he asked former President Bill Clinton for advice on handling the transition.
``It was interesting to watch him go upstairs,'' Bush said of Obama's visit. ``He wanted to see where his little girls were going to sleep. Clearly, this guy is going to bring a sense of family to the White House, and I hope Laura and I did the same thing. But I believe he will, and I know his girls are on his mind and he wants to make sure that first and foremost, he is a good dad.''
Bush said he would return to Texas when he hands over the presidency Jan. 20 and may write a book.
``I want people to know what it was like to make some of the decisions I had to make,'' he said. ``I've had one of those presidencies where I've had to make some tough calls, and I want people to know the truth about what it was like sitting in the Oval Office.''
To contact the reporter on this story: Holly Rosenkrantz in Washington at [email protected]
Any thoughts?

Working on my project Stang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Nobody

I would love to read that book just to get some kind of grasp as to what was going through his mind. However, his pardon list will be a better read, it's probably gonna start some wars in this forum.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5point0pony
Any thoughts?
My thoughts are that you will have to find a new whipping boy in two months. You might want to log onto moveon.org and see who they decide to be your next scape goat

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

I believe my appreciation for the man's leadership in the days after 9-11 far outweigh any criticism I will ever have. That is all.

DFWMustangs.net
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
I believe my appreciation for the man's leadership in the days after 9-11 far outweigh any criticism I will ever have. That is all.
People have forgotten...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Insane In The Membrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135

x2

On a mission for commission
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 AM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Cobra_Nate
x2
No kidding everyone always says Bush was the worst pres. but look what got dropped on him. We would prob be just fine had that crap not gone down. You never know.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21
No kidding everyone always says Bush was the worst pres. but look what got dropped on him. We would prob be just fine had that crap not gone down. You never know.
I'm just glad it was him in Office, rather than Gore!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho?
I would love to read that book just to get some kind of grasp as to what was going through his mind. However, his pardon list will be a better read, it's probably gonna start some wars in this forum.
It won't touch Clinton's....

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Worship me

It will make for an interesting book.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Lifer

I have a love/dislike relationship with Bush. So, that sounds interesting to me.

However, I must point out that we have a liberal shitstorm of epic proportions just over the horizon. I think at then end of the next 4 years the Bush Admin. might not be looking so bad. And I say that having been one his biggest critics over the last 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
I have a love/dislike relationship with Bush. So, that sounds interesting to me.

However, I must point out that we have a liberal shitstorm of epic proportions just over the horizon. I think at then end of the next 4 years the Bush Admin. might not be looking so bad. And I say that having been one his biggest critics over the last 5 years.
We'll be testing the lows on the approval rating scale within six months, mark my words.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
My thoughts are that you will have to find a new whipping boy in two months. You might want to log onto moveon.org and see who they decide to be your next scape goat

Stevo
I don't think me posting this made it sound like I was using him as a scapegoat. I just think some of his comments were interesting, and I'm sure you guys would like to read the book. It's a different perspective than we're use to hearing.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Lifer

that guy cant be trusted hes tanked the us and has taken advantage of america and americans.happy to see him go,unhappy to see a muslim in the whitehouse

RON PAUL '08
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83
,unhappy to see a muslim in the whitehouse

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 01:24 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
People have forgotten...
Very sad indeed. We'll all be reminded in the next few years.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 01:44 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5point0pony
Yeah, because being muslim is like being homosexual, a homosexual can stop sucking dick and taking it up the ass and then be heterosexual for the rest of his life, right? Same thing with being a muslim, you can just decide not to be a muslim when ever you want, right? Ethnic heritage has nothing to do with it.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Lifer

I will be buying that book no doubt. He is a decent honorable man who brought integrity and honor back to the office.

God bless GWB and the USA!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
I will be buying that book no doubt. He is a decent honorable man who brought integrity and honor back to the office.

God bless GWB and the USA!
If you say so...

Main Entry: hon·or·able

Function: adjective
Date: 14th century
1: deserving of honor
2 a: of great renown : illustrious b: entitled to honor —used as a title for the children of certain British noblemen and for various government officials
3: performed or accompanied with marks of honor or respect
4 a: attesting to creditable conduct b: consistent with an untarnished reputation
5: characterized by integrity : guided by a high sense of honor and duty

Yep. God bless the USA!!!

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
KJ94GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83
that guy cant be trusted hes tanked the us and has taken advantage of america and americans.happy to see him go,unhappy to see a muslim in the whitehouse
If Obama were a muslim, why was Jeremiah Wright, the pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, his pastor?

I don't like Obama, but he's not a muslim.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Lifer

Not only did he have everything thrown at him and had to make rough decisions, this economy bullshit was drudged in by Clinton. The whole credit/mortgage BS regulations or lack thereof was Clinton's monster.

I have never lost respect for W. He is a great man and was a great leader.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
If you say so...

Main Entry: hon·or·able

Function: adjective
Date: 14th century
1: deserving of honor
2 a: of great renown : illustrious b: entitled to honor —used as a title for the children of certain British noblemen and for various government officials
3: performed or accompanied with marks of honor or respect
4 a: attesting to creditable conduct b: consistent with an untarnished reputation
5: characterized by integrity : guided by a high sense of honor and duty

Yep. God bless the USA!!!
He fits 1, 3, and 5 IMO. You can disagree with him, but to say he is dishonorable like Clinton was while in office is laughable.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement