The truth about Obama & the mortgage disaster.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thumbs down The truth about Obama & the mortgage disaster....

Barack Obama was a successful attorney. No one can deny that. What many may not know or acknowledge is what kind of attorney he was. Obama was a civil rights attorney. Basically, he looked for ways to bilk money from large companies and shave off a nice profit for himself on the basis that somehow these companies violated african-americans' civil rights.

Want proof? Here is some offical court docs that show a case where he represented a few afro-americans in a case against Citibank because they "rejected applications based on race or color." Citibank denied the applicants for a refinance because they had bad credit and somehow Obama tied this to the color of their skin and won the class action law suit in court.

Actual Court Docs

More Actual Court Docs

Meanwhile Obama was making deals with Antoin "Tony'' Rezko and his partner Daniel Mahru to raise millions of dollars in campaign money through fundraisers and donations for Obama in exchange for legal work in helping them get $43 million in tax payer dollars to rehab housing for the poor (most of which ended up getting foreclosed on). Obama also got a sweet deal on his personal residence with the assistance of Rezko.

Info On Obama's Rezko Dealings

This also didn't stop Obama from getting a nice discount on his own home loan.

Obama's Home Loan

Of course Obama's mortgage company also donated to his presidential election.

As a senator and it's no longer convenient for him as an attorney, he votes "Yes we can" (pun intended) in 2005 for the Class Action Fairness Act making courts further scrutinize Class Action lawsuits.

During the Presidential election, Obama cites that he "will combat predatory lending" and fails to acknowledge his participation in profiting from banks who were not willing to lend money to people who would not pay it back.

Just more proof that Obama is a true lawyer and will say anything as long as he will benefit from it.

Last edited by Hass; 11-10-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Unbelievable

I cannot believe we elected such a fucking crook. I am as equally stunned that the media kept so much under the hat in order to elect this prick. He is going to make history all right. This is not going to be pretty.

Between the facts in this post and the speech he gave in July about wanting a civilian presence as strong and as funded as our own military he will undoubtly make history.

I am not sure that with Cheaper Than Dirt being over run with buyers in such a "bad" economy, this is not going to be the kind of civilian security presence he was thinking.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrank
I cannot believe we elected such a fucking crook. I am as equally stunned that the media kept so much under the hat in order to elect this prick. He is going to make history all right. This is not going to be pretty.

Between the facts in this post and the speech he gave in July about wanting a civilian presence as strong and as funded as our own military he will undoubtly make history.

I am not sure that with Cheaper Than Dirt being over run with buyers in such a "bad" economy, this is not going to be the kind of civilian security presence he was thinking.
"We" didn't elect him, but the majority of the US did. Most of the states around Texas went Republican.

I also doubt he supports a Cheaper Than Dirt security presence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement