Palin on Bush - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Palin on Bush

Hmmm... Palin making the truth work for her.

Palin blames Bush policies for GOP defeat


"It's amazing that we did as well as we did," Palin, who was Sen. John McCain's running mate, said of the election in a separate interview with the Anchorage Daily News.
"I think the Republican ticket represented too much of the status quo, too much of what had gone on in these last eight years, that Americans were kind of shaking their heads like going, wait a minute, how did we run up a $10 trillion debt in a Republican administration? How have there been blunders with war strategy under a Republican administration? If we're talking change, we want to get far away from what it was that the present administration represented and that is to a great degree what the Republican Party at the time had been representing," Palin said in a story published Sunday.

Palin has scheduled a series of national interviews this week with Fox, NBC's "Today" show and CNN. She also plans to attend the Republican Governors Association conference in Florida this week.


http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081111/ap_on_el_pr/palin

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Already campaigning for 2012. The GOP is going to be in some deep shit if she winds up grabbing the nomination.

Slowhand is offline  
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Already campaigning for 2012. The GOP is going to be in some deep shit if she winds up grabbing the nomination.
She won't grab shit, in the big scheme of things she was nothing more than a puppet to grab female votes. She's a joke really, she's too naive to even be a real politician for fucks sake.
SlowLX is offline  
 
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
She won't grab shit, in the big scheme of things she was nothing more than a puppet to grab female votes. She's a joke really, she's too naive to even be a real politician for fucks sake.
If Obama can grab a nomination...

Slowhand is offline  
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
If Obama can grab a nomination...
appealing to the political public is different than appealing to the mass public.
Obama is the democratic way of saving themselves, a savior. A fucking idiot regardless.
Palin is the republican way of trying to pick up any disheartened hilary votes. A fucking idiot regardless. So yea I can see ur anxieties lol

Theyre both tools for their party, neither are really independent
SlowLX is offline  
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
appealing to the political public is different than appealing to the mass public.
Obama is the democratic way of saving themselves, a savior. A fucking idiot regardless.
Palin is the republican way of trying to pick up any disheartened hilary votes. A fucking idiot regardless. So yea I can see ur anxieties lol

Theyre both tools for their party, neither are really independent
Ha. I don't think she will but after the supreme quality of the candidates this election, I just wouldn't be surprised.

Slowhand is offline  
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
If Obama can grab a nomination...
LOL... that's what I was thinking! I think that her boldness is better than the typical politician bullshit they spew after they've been versed in "proper politician etiquette."
Denny is offline  
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
I fully agree with her.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
I fully agree with her.

Stevo
That just means u fully agree with the GOP, thats cool I'm pretty conservative myself. But she isn't an individually, bright, upbeat politician. She's more of the same, she just doesn't know it.

Just like Obama is for those of u out there. Both are people who either don't understand the system or are trying to manipulate it.
SlowLX is offline  
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
I fully agree with her.

Stevo
I agree as well but that still doesn't change my overall opinion of her.

Slowhand is offline  
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
That just means u fully agree with the GOP, thats cool I'm pretty conservative myself.
No, I just agree with her that Bush was THE reason the republicans lost this election.

Don't be like the bitch liberals who keep trying to put words into other people's mouths in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
But she isn't an individually, bright, upbeat politician. She's more of the same, she just doesn't know it.
As compared to whom? Just because she is conservative doesn't mean she is more of the same. She might not be the smartest turd in the bowl, but I can think of only one other governor that I would have liked to see as McCains' VP.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
No, I just agree with her that Bush was THE reason the republicans lost this election.

Don't be like the bitch liberals who keep trying to put words into other people's mouths in this forum.



As compared to whom? Just because she is conservative doesn't mean she is more of the same. She might not be the smartest turd in the bowl, but I can think of only one other governor that I would have liked to see as McCains' VP.

Stevo
I'm simply saying anyone that believes she can be the savior of GOP politics is just as blind to her role as the tards that voted for obama. She's a pawn of the overall political will, nothing more. If you inferred any more from that or I gave the wrong impression...my bad
SlowLX is offline  
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
As compared to whom? Just because she is conservative doesn't mean she is more of the same. She might not be the smartest turd in the bowl, but I can think of only one other governor that I would have liked to see as McCains' VP.

Stevo
If you say Perry you have to leave. If you're thinking Jindal you can stay.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Founding Member
 
fordracing19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Lake Dallas Texas
Posts: 6,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
If you say Perry you have to leave. If you're thinking Jindal you can stay.
Schwarzenegger

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
fordracing19 is offline  
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:47 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
If you say Perry you have to go hang yourself. If you're thinking Jindal you can stay.
Fixed.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 09:50 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
I'm simply saying anyone that believes she can be the savior of GOP politics is just as blind to her role as the tards that voted for obama. She's a pawn of the overall political will, nothing more. If you inferred any more from that or I gave the wrong impression...my bad
Never called her a GOP savior, just said I agreed with her that this election was un-winnable because of G Dub. She wouldn't be my first choice as potus, but she wouldn't be my last choice either.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Putting the sensual in nonconsensual since 1984
Posts: 12,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
If you're thinking Jindal you can stay.
I was going to mention him. I've heard some really good stuff.


.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Strychnine is offline  
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 10:46 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine
I was going to mention him. I've heard some really good stuff.
Yes, I was referring to Jindal, but from his reactions to people asking him about possibly running in 2012, says he is only interested in being governor of Louisiana.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
That's a good idea for a threat. Who's running in 2012?

I think, given the next 4 years in the public eye, Palin will disapear. Or at least become a cartoon of herself. Every time I hear her speak I think "how can she lead ANYthing?"

I can't think of anyone, actually. There hasn't been many polarizing people in the GOP, minus the bad ones. No one really stands out. Maybe Huckabee or Romney will get a better chance without McCain rallying the middle. Other than that, a lot of people got crossed off the list after this set of campaigns.
gpamp is offline  
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
That's a good idea for a threat. Who's running in 2012?

I think, given the next 4 years in the public eye, Palin will disapear. Or at least become a cartoon of herself. Every time I hear her speak I think "how can she lead ANYthing?"
We're talking about Sara Palin, not Obama.
Denny is offline  
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
That's a good idea for a threat. Who's running in 2012?

I think, given the next 4 years in the public eye, Palin will disapear. Or at least become a cartoon of herself. Every time I hear her speak I think "how can she lead ANYthing?"

I can't think of anyone, actually. There hasn't been many polarizing people in the GOP, minus the bad ones. No one really stands out. Maybe Huckabee or Romney will get a better chance without McCain rallying the middle. Other than that, a lot of people got crossed off the list after this set of campaigns.
I'm surprised you're able to tie your shoes with the level of intelligence you show. 80+ approval rating in her home state and was found innocent of ALL CHARGES in that "trooper-gate" bullshit. Her political career is just beginning...like it or not.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Yes, I was referring to Jindal, but from his reactions to people asking him about possibly running in 2012, says he is only interested in being governor of Louisiana.

Stevo
I think that's part of his appeal. He's focused and doesn't get sidetracked.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
I think, given the next 4 years in the public eye, Palin will disapear. Or at least become a cartoon of herself. Every time I hear her speak I think "how can she lead ANYthing?"
Every time you start a sentence with those two words "I think", you provide us all a textbook example of what an oxymoron, as well as a moron, are. Thanks, tampon.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
I liked the porn she was in a couple of weeks ago...

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:32 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I'm surprised you're able to tie your shoes with the level of intelligence you show. 80+ approval rating in her home state and was found innocent of ALL CHARGES in that "trooper-gate" bullshit. Her political career is just beginning...like it or not.
Dude, if she has an 80% approval rating in Alaska... if they were able to ask EVERY SINGLE Alaskan in that poll... then that would equal 536,000 people. With over 300 million people in America, I don't thik that's an overwhelming majority. And to top everything off, I just saw a headline where she said that she doesn't understand why everyone focused on her wardrobe towards the end of the campaign. She's absolutely clueless ifshe thinks that is what lost the race. Not to mention, I heard a comedian say this, and it's true. The did the math, using the $150k for clothes against the 2 months she wore them and said, "If you can't dress yourself for under $1,000 a day, please step away from the federal budget."

She's more of a joke than Dan Quayle was.
gpamp is offline  
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
I think she is mostly correct in how the GOP affected this election. I also think Sarah Palin doesn't deserve the negative criticism she receives on almost a daily basis. I don't see her supposed incompetence and naiveté when I look at her political record for the state of Alaska.

Oh well, it's done the election is over. These arguments are moot anyway and now just serve to pass the time in the political forum.

The desciples got their messiah and now we are going to endure 4 years of most liberal President in History with a Democratically controlled Congress. I read that one of the first things on his agenda is to repeal a few of Bush's executive orders. They are looking to repeal legislation, kill freedom of speech over the air with the Fairness Doctrine, grossly enlarge the government, and eventually laying down some wicked gun control measures.

Congratulations to the Obama supporters. You got change alright. The kind of change that's been written about in history books that usually leads to dissent and insurrection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Dude, if she has an 80% approval rating in Alaska... if they were able to ask EVERY SINGLE Alaskan in that poll... then that would equal 536,000 people. With over 300 million people in America, I don't thik that's an overwhelming majority. And to top everything off, I just saw a headline where she said that she doesn't understand why everyone focused on her wardrobe towards the end of the campaign. She's absolutely clueless ifshe thinks that is what lost the race. Not to mention, I heard a comedian say this, and it's true. The did the math, using the $150k for clothes against the 2 months she wore them and said, "If you can't dress yourself for under $1,000 a day, please step away from the federal budget."

She's more of a joke than Dan Quayle was.
That's why they do percentages, dumbass. What's 80% of 300 million? See?

No one is more of a joke than Qualyle, except maybe Kerry.
Denny is offline  
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Dude, if she has an 80% approval rating in Alaska... if they were able to ask EVERY SINGLE Alaskan in that poll... then that would equal 536,000 people. With over 300 million people in America, I don't thik that's an overwhelming majority. And to top everything off, I just saw a headline where she said that she doesn't understand why everyone focused on her wardrobe towards the end of the campaign. She's absolutely clueless ifshe thinks that is what lost the race. Not to mention, I heard a comedian say this, and it's true. The did the math, using the $150k for clothes against the 2 months she wore them and said, "If you can't dress yourself for under $1,000 a day, please step away from the federal budget."

She's more of a joke than Dan Quayle was.
Wow. I'm not even sure that MILK is capable of a post this bad.

Slowhand is offline  
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:43 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
That's why they do percentages, dumbass. What's 80% of 300 million? See?

No one is more of a joke than Qualyle, except maybe Kerry.
I KNOW what a percentage is, Denny. I'm just saying that using her approval rating in Alaska isn't saying a lot, because of how small the state is.

More than half the country sees her as more of a joke than the GOP sees Obama as. She'll never be taken seriously. Mark my words for 2012.
gpamp is offline  
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Dude, if she has an 80% approval rating in Alaska... if they were able to ask EVERY SINGLE Alaskan in that poll... then that would equal 536,000 people. With over 300 million people in America, I don't thik that's an overwhelming majority.
A Governor's state approval ratings are based to those that reside within her state, not the nation at large. I don't really see your point. You are minimizing the success in her state because you are an angry liberal. All you can focus on is the population of Alaska and therefore deem her unqualified. However, you think Obama with his less than 4 years in the Senate makes him infinitely more qualified. Not to mention his shady associations with radials. He started his Presidential campaign 25 months after being sworn in. He basically felt qualified to run for President after 2 years as a Senator. Does that sound qualified to you? Well, your answer is yes. However, the correct answer is no.

Keep drinking the Kook-Aid. And with every swallow it makes Obama look bigger, brighter, and better. It makes the socialism go down easier. It makes the shady radical nut jobs he associated and work with disappear completely from your mind. Keep drinking.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
She's absolutely clueless ifshe thinks that is what lost the race. Not to mention, I heard a comedian say this, and it's true. The did the math, using the $150k for clothes against the 2 months she wore them and said, "If you can't dress yourself for under $1,000 a day, please step away from the federal budget."
A comedian, really?? And it's the truth?


Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
She's more of a joke than Dan Quayle was.
In 4 years Obama is going to make Dan Quayle look competent in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 07:45 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
I KNOW what a percentage is, Denny. I'm just saying that using her approval rating in Alaska isn't saying a lot, because of how small the state is.

More than half the country sees her as more of a joke than the GOP sees Obama as. She'll never be taken seriously. Mark my words for 2012.
She won't have a chance in 2012.
Denny is offline  
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 08:03 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
...and was found innocent of ALL CHARGES in that "trooper-gate" bullshit. Her political career is just beginning...like it or not.
Forgot about this.

She was found GUILTY by a bi-partisan committee. So she hired her own. THEY found her innocent.
gpamp is offline  
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 08:08 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
2012 is still a long ways off. A LOT can happen between now and then. Obama could end up being wildly successful (I'm betting not). But political fortunes can change overnight...

IMO the following are the Republican's best hope for winning the Presidency.

1. Sarah Palin: She's not my favorite either BUT she now OWNS the conservative movement in the Republican party. Yes, she isn't experienced and frankly not as smart/educated as Obama but she has "almost" Reagan'esq qualities in communication. When she has four years of real experience as a governor she will be more qualified to be a President. I'll reserve my final judgment as to whether she will be a good candidate later...

2. Bobby Jindal: How historic would it be to go from the first Black President to the first Indian American President. However Jindal has conservative written all over him. Unlike Palin, many in the party consider him to be super intelligent. Newt Gingrich can't stop singing his praises. He has already made huge strides in turning Louisiana around. My home state has gone from WORSE in political ethics laws to FIRST in the Nation and he did that in less than a month after taking the oath of office. As a result, THOUSANDS of people left political office throughout the state within WEEKS. Many of those people were in unpaid positions but they were lining their pockets in other ways. It was greatness to read about it in the papers. He then took the state's budget surplus and spent it in areas where it was direly needed. It has been put into roads and bridges as well as trying to stop coastal erosion (a big issue in Southern Louisiana) In other words, he has re-invested in Louisiana. My only question for him is how will he fix Louisiana's horrible education system.

But here's the deal. Bobby Jindal is a true blue Louisiana boy. He LOVES Louisiana. IMO he isn't going to leave the Governorship until he has served two full terms (he will easily win re-election) There is a lot of indication that He was offered the Vice Presidency but he turned it down.

3. Newt Gingrich: Newt is very possibly the smartest man in the Republican party. To say otherwise is to either be very ignorant of this man or an ideologue. However Newt does still suffer an image problem from his days back in the House. He has claimed that his time in the House was a humbling and very educational experience about his own shortcomings. That is one reason so many in the party look up to him these days. Also, he was the man that almost single handedly took the House away from the Democrats. Not only that, but he actually kept is promises in the Contract with America. As the House Speaker, he passed every piece of legislation. Unfortunately most were shot down by the Senate or killed in the courts. But still, that was a huge accomplishment. Frankly he is my top choice.


Then there are the Other Guys:

1. Mitt Romney: We could use a businessman in office right now. Mitt is mostly a fiscal and social conservative. I don't agree with him on a lot of issues but I would vote for him against most Democratic opponents. But, as all are aware, being a Mormon is an albatross around his neck that I don't think he can overcome.

2. Mike Huckabee: He is very conservative with social concerns. Perhaps too conservative for the tastes of many. He'll have to overcome a lot of doubts to win a General Election. He is also a fiscal moderate AT BEST. He pushed himself as a fiscal conservative but his policies in Arkansas showed something different. I would consider voting for him but I would have to think about it... Another thing. He is going to have his own TV show soon. That is going to give him a lot of public exposure. While that can be a good thing, it also creates a lot of political fodder that can be used against him in the future.

Ron Paul: Dr. Paul is quite possibly the most fiscally conservative man serving in government at the Federal Level. He is also a social conservative (though not as much as Huckabee). There were only two things that hurt him in the Primaries, his anti war stance and his personality. It is really too bad because in this economy he is probably the right Doctor for the job. In 2012 the war will be over and a non issue and personality issues can be corrected. He is a dark horse but if Obama fucks things up he can run as a candidate for real change because unlike other politicians, he actually does what he says. One other thing. He is the only guy mentioned here that understands how to use the Internet to his advantage. Obama ran away in fund raising because of the internet. Paul is very capable of countering that..

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 08:09 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Forgot about this.

She was found GUILTY by a bi-partisan committee. So she hired her own. THEY found her innocent.
Guilty of ethics violations, not breaking the law. There is a difference.

Frankly, you're guilty of ethics violations just by becoming a politician.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
3. Newt Gingrich: Newt is very possibly the smartest man in the Republican party. To say otherwise is to either be very ignorant of this man or an ideologue. However Newt does still suffer an image problem from his days back in the House. He has claimed that his time in the House was a humbling and very educational experience about his own shortcomings. That is one reason so many in the party look up to him these days. Also, he was the man that almost single handedly took the House away from the Democrats. Not only that, but he actually kept is promises in the Contract with America. As the House Speaker, he passed every piece of legislation. Unfortunately most were shot down by the Senate or killed in the courts. But still, that was a huge accomplishment. Frankly he is my top choice.
Him or Keyes... You wouldn't hear a complaint from me.
Denny is offline  
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
I liked the porn she was in a couple of weeks ago...

Link?
Fox466 is offline  
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Link?
torrent - search nailin palin

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Which torrent do you guys use?
Fox466 is offline  
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 10:46 AM
ebay pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Ron Paul: Dr. Paul is quite possibly the most fiscally conservative man serving in government at the Federal Level. He is also a social conservative (though not as much as Huckabee). There were only two things that hurt him in the Primaries, his anti war stance and his personality. It is really too bad because in this economy he is probably the right Doctor for the job. In 2012 the war will be over and a non issue and personality issues can be corrected. He is a dark horse but if Obama fucks things up he can run as a candidate for real change because unlike other politicians, he actually does what he says. One other thing. He is the only guy mentioned here that understands how to use the Internet to his advantage. Obama ran away in fund raising because of the internet. Paul is very capable of countering that..
This was Ron Paul's last chance, he's too old in 2012. I don't think many would vote for a 77 year old in 2012.
White trash wagon is offline  
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
This was our last chance, Ron Paul is too old in 2012. I don't think many would vote for a 77 year old in 2012.


I sure would like to see Obama utilize RP's advise on finacial and economical issues. We'll see if he's as smart as he sez he is?!

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Frankly, you're guilty of ethics violations just by becoming a politician.
Ok, that was funny.
gpamp is offline  
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:01 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt


I sure would like to see Obama utilize RP's advise on finacial and economical issues. We'll see if he's as smart as he sez he is?!
No chance in Hades.

Obama and Paul's have diametrically opposed economic philosophies. Also, Obama is a mental midget on economics compared to Paul. He will be getting his advice from too many people that would oppose Paul at every step. No Gold standard, no liquidation of assets, no allowing actual market forces to right the ship without intervention from the government. No allowance for pain of any sort.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Him or Keyes... You wouldn't hear a complaint from me.
The country isn't ready for Keyes. I like him a lot but the country is politically right of center. Keyes is quite a bit further right.

I think Newt could be out. I just read the article below that says he is going after the RNC chairmanship. If he wins, he won't be running. Newt has said numerous times that he really like Bobby Jindal. He has also said he like Palin. I think he preference would be Jindal but if he thinks Obama won't lose in 2012, he'll push Palin. Just my opinion...

That chairmanship is going to determine whether or not the Republicans are going to distinguish themselves as conservatives or if they are going to continue the failure of their moderate positions. Republicans make terrible moderates. You might as well elect a Democrat.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ership/?page=2

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
The country isn't ready for Keyes. I like him a lot but the country is politically right of center. Keyes is quite a bit further right.
I disagree with you on a couple of points.

57.8 million people in this country weren't ready for Obama, but here we are. And I think the election results contradict your statement about the country being politically right of center. The majority of this country just elected the most liberal Senator on record to be POTUS. I believe that makes this nation politically left of center. Actually, saying left of center is too conservative when describing Obama. He is the further to the left than any previous POTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 02:31 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
I disagree with you on a couple of points.

57.8 million people in this country weren't ready for Obama, but here we are. And I think the election results contradict your statement about the country being politically right of center. The majority of this country just elected the most liberal Senator on record to be POTUS. I believe that makes this nation politically left of center. Actually, saying left of center is too conservative when describing Obama. He is the further to the left than any previous POTUS.
The people of this country just came off of 8 years of suck from the Bush administration. They voted "change" That change is bullshit but it isn't GWB. McCain never could get away from his associations with GWB.

If the country isn't right of center (and I'm not saying they are hard right) then why did CALIFORNIA of all places kill gay marriage. This country isn't liberal by any stretch. Sure we have liberal groups like most black Americans but by in large we are moderates with a right lean. Most people do want less government and lower taxes. Those are supposed to be Republican tenets. However those and just about every other conservative stance was abandoned. Throw on to that an economy that just went straight to shit and you know what you get? You get Barack Obama.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
The people of this country just came off of 8 years of suck from the Bush administration. They voted "change" That change is bullshit but it isn't GWB. McCain never could get away from his associations with GWB.

If the country isn't right of center (and I'm not saying they are hard right) then why did CALIFORNIA of all places kill gay marriage. This country isn't liberal by any stretch. Sure we have liberal groups like most black Americans but by in large we are moderates with a right lean. Most people do want less government and lower taxes. Those are supposed to be Republican tenets. However those and just about every other conservative stance was abandoned. Throw on to that an economy that just went straight to shit and you know what you get? You get Barack Obama.
In regards to Proposition 8. It only won by 4.5% margin. And their Republican Governor says he's disappointed that it didn't pass. Another Republican than needs to switch party's. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...prop-8-sunday/

I'm still going to disagree with you about our country not being liberal by any stretch. I reiterate that Obama defeating McCain by a landslide is a good barometer of just how liberal this country has become. Yes, you are right about people voting for someone who was simply the opposite of Bush. Yes, the gross failures of that Administration is a factor that affected a lot of white male voters.

Still, I maintain that you have to be liberal to vote for a far leftist liberal like Obama. You have to subscribe to that ideology at some personal level. I voted for McCain, but I still see myself as a moderate Democrat. And I didn't vote for Obama primarily for that reason. Like McCain said in one of the debates, it's hard to reach that far across the aisle.Unlike many people in this country, I didn't place my vote based on race or just to spite President Bush. And I really wish that would have been the case for other people as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: arlington
Posts: 1,063
is it just me or, when i saw the thread title it sounded like a new porn. lol.

LKQ GRUNT....
current daily -
2000 GT
slow party of one!
butt86 is offline  
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Dude, if she has an 80% approval rating in Alaska... if they were able to ask EVERY SINGLE Alaskan in that poll... then that would equal 536,000 people. With over 300 million people in America, I don't thik that's an overwhelming majority. And to top everything off, I just saw a headline where she said that she doesn't understand why everyone focused on her wardrobe towards the end of the campaign. She's absolutely clueless ifshe thinks that is what lost the race. Not to mention, I heard a comedian say this, and it's true. The did the math, using the $150k for clothes against the 2 months she wore them and said, "If you can't dress yourself for under $1,000 a day, please step away from the federal budget."

She's more of a joke than Dan Quayle was.
You are the biggest tool koolaid drinking fat leprechaun idiot in the world.

BTW, is the comedian you quote Olberman? If so, he is one of the few people in this world who is a bigger lying hypocrite than you are.



















Oops, Olberman is not a comedian, he is a sportscaster that has a liberal rhetoric spewing show on MSNBC, my bad.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by butt86
is it just me or, when i saw the thread title it sounded like a new porn. lol.
I think she would hurt him.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
No chance in Hades.

Obama and Paul's have diametrically opposed economic philosophies. Also, Obama is a mental midget on economics compared to Paul. He will be getting his advice from too many people that would oppose Paul at every step.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv_dq...eature=related

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome