Reality bites - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Reality bites

You know, obama got his first real insight into the responsibilities of a president today with his first briefing of security matters.

I have to think that his rhetoric about meeting with terriorists is probably going to change, as well as his ideas about pulling out of iraq. Reality meets idealism, and idealism looses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 PM
makin' bacon

I don't think so. I think he is fully aware that idealism got him into office, and to deviate from it, at least in the first half of his presidency, will mean a bunch of disgruntled followers. My opinion is he will stick to all the nonsense he proposed, even if it does harm to the country.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
I don't think so. I think he is fully aware that idealism got him into office, and to deviate from it, at least in the first half of his presidency, will mean a bunch of disgruntled followers. My opinion is he will stick to all the nonsense he proposed, even if it does harm to the country.

Stevo
It'll be interesting to watch, anyway.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Token Union Member

Somebody jog my memory. Is Bush showing Obama the ropes considered standard procedure or have some sitting Presidents snubed the guy coming into office. More importantly I can't remember if Clinton was this open with Bush in his first term. I do remember how some of Clinton's staff removed letters from Key boards so Bush wouldn't be able to type his name.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
You know, obama got his first real insight into the responsibilities of a president today with his first briefing of security matters.

I have to think that his rhetoric about meeting with terriorists is probably going to change, as well as his ideas about pulling out of iraq. Reality meets idealism, and idealism looses.
I was thinking the same thing today. Then I remembered that this is the same guy that didn't blink when witnesses described to him a partial birth abortion. This is the same guy that denounces everyone from his close friends to his "typical white woman" grandmother to get what he wants.

I wished he would see some Top Secret shit and his eyes would pop open so he'd see the world in a whole new light, but I'm afraid this dude is soulless.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement