Congratulations, Barack Obama!
It’s been a long road to the White House, but now the real work begins — the task of rebuilding America’s economy.
As you made clear during your impressive campaign, you are committed to clean coal technology.
With the election finally behind us, we look forward to helping you keep that commitment.
America’s coal-based electricity providers stand ready to work with you to pioneer a new generation of advanced clean coal technologies that will capture and store carbon emissions.
As a reminder, here are some of the things you’ve said about coal during the campaign:
· “If we can figure out how to sequester carbon and burn clean coal, we're the Saudi Arabia of coal.”
· “I am a big proponent of clean-coal technology and I want us to move rapidly in developing those sequestration technologies that's required.”
· “What we need to do though is to put clean coal technology on the fast track and that means money. It means investment in research. That's something that we should have already been doing.”
· “We're the Saudi Arabia of coal, and the sooner we can figure out how to burn it cleanly, not only are we going to benefit but we can license that technology to countries like China and India that are putting up new coal facilities every week.”
· “An Obama administration will provide incentives to accelerate private sector investment in commercial scale zero-carbon coal plants.”
· “Carbon capture and storage technologies hold enormous potential to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions as power our economy with domestically produced energy.”
We know your new administration will address one of the most pressing issues of our time —meeting America’s growing energy needs while addressing the climate change issue. So just remember: we’re here to help.
The American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity
I guess they missed the memo that he is going to bankrupt them ????