There is still hope for America, at least Al Franken lost - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

There is still hope for America, at least Al Franken lost

By 444 votes!!!

What bothers me the most though is that Obama won Bexar, Dallas and Harris counties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
In the Batter's Box

Dallas Co is not surprising at all...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Token Union Member

Bexar county has alot of minorities that always vote democrat. Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio are so big now that the cities encompass the entire county which they reside in. I don't know about you, but I moved my ass out to the suburbs which happens to be in a different county than San Antonio. Only trash and democrats want to live in the inner city.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 PM

Coleman should be proud. He beat a comedian by 444 votes.

There's got to be some shame in that.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Coleman should be proud. He beat a comedian by 444 votes.

There's got to be some shame in that.
Actually Franken should be ashamed, Minnesota is a pretty big Dem state of late and he still couldn't manage to pull an upset. Gives you an idea of how many people hate that dickhead.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Actually Franken should be ashamed, Minnesota is a pretty big Dem state of late and he still couldn't manage to pull an upset. Gives you an idea of how many people hate that dickhead.
...only 444 more than Colman?

The fact that Franken moved to the state 2 years ago, had no experience in politics, and ran against an incumbant and only lost by 444 says a lot more about Coleman than it does Franken, IMO.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 PM
ebay pimp

Democrats usually carry Travis, Bexar, Dallas and Harris counties, small blue spots on a big map, but the most populated areas. But until 30 years ago, Texas almost always voted "blue" (Democrat).
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 05:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
Democrats usually carry Travis, Bexar, Dallas and Harris counties, small blue spots on a big map, but the most populated areas. But until 30 years ago, Texas almost always voted "blue" (Democrat).
By the map this morning, Barry didn't carry Travis county (Austin). That shocks me. I grew up there, and it is easily the most liberal city in Texas (in the full sense of the word). All I can figure is that it's grown so much (since I was a kid), that the "transplants" that have come in have leveled the field. My daughter's down there at school, and tells me it's overwelmingy democratic.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 AM

Just an aside, Coleman hasn't technically won yet. Because it was under 500 votes, the system triggers an automatic recount. It's done by hand, as they said, sometimes takes a month.

Coleman came out, and douchely said "Franken should stop the recount" (whoever's on the downside has the power to do that)... "because it costs the taxpayer to recount"... as if Coleman would stop it if he lost by 400 votes.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:07 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
...only 444 more than Colman?

The fact that Franken moved to the state 2 years ago, had no experience in politics, and ran against an incumbant and only lost by 444 says a lot more about Coleman than it does Franken, IMO.
I think it says a lot about the dumbasses that voted for him...
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:12 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
Just an aside, Coleman hasn't technically won yet. Because it was under 500 votes, the system triggers an automatic recount. It's done by hand, as they said, sometimes takes a month.

Coleman came out, and douchely said "Franken should stop the recount" (whoever's on the downside has the power to do that)... "because it costs the taxpayer to recount"... as if Coleman would stop it if he lost by 400 votes.
and I agree, that is a total douche move
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
I think it says a lot about the dumbasses that voted for him...
Not really. It just says that they'd rather have a comedian than Coleman. Again, saying a lot about Coleman.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Lifer

How does that compare with the good sheeple of Assachusetts saying they'd rather have a murderer in the Senate than a Republican.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Not really. It just says that they'd rather have a comedian than Coleman. Again, saying a lot about Coleman.
Where the hell is the logic in this statement?

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Lifer

Why would you be surprised about Dallas Co. being blue? Take a look at the
demographic studies. Large urban areas typical vote blue with few exceptions. You must be new to politics.

In regards to Franken, I always thought he was funny in an obnoxious way, but I'm kind of glad he didn't get in. He seems pretty far to the left from what I've heard from his radio clips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Where the hell is the logic in this statement?
Well, in context, he said "I think it says a lot about the dumbasses that voted for him" (meaning Franken). I said that it says more about Coleman that half the voters would want an SNL actor as their Senator over him, than it does about said comedian.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
Well, in context, he said "I think it says a lot about the dumbasses that voted for him" (meaning Franken). I said that it says more about Coleman that half the voters would want an SNL actor as their Senator over him, than it does about said comedian.
how so? a lot of people voted for Obama... I think that says a lot about them too. If someone can't see through a smoke-screen, I think that says a lot about them
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
how so? a lot of people voted for Obama... I think that says a lot about them too. If someone can't see through a smoke-screen, I think that says a lot about them
Or maybe they didn't want a VP who didn't know Africa was a continent.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Isn't Norm Coleman on SNL too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement