The best man actually won! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

The best man actually won!

Seriously... you guys really are sore losers. Threads wishing death upon an American President elect? Really?

And Mustangman, if you're seriously ashamed of your country, I hear Kenya's nice. Get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 01:59 AM

post #3 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Time Served

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Seriously... you guys really are sore losers. Threads wishing death upon an American President elect? Really?

And Mustangman, if you're seriously ashamed of your country, I hear Kenya's nice. Get there.
who did you hear that from and what made you say kenya? I don't agree with the wishing death but I thought it was strange that kenya borders Muslim loving countries. I also think it's strange that a large number of Muslim countries are the most f-d up places. If i wanted to change to a third world country i would have voted obama also. Brilliant post man, lets archive this and bring it back after presidential support has dropped through the floor.

95' drop top, lowered, systemax heads, bbk exhaust, msd 6al, 65mm tb, pullies, cobra intake, 3.73's and more to come. 14.6 @ 96mph before 3550 and intake swap

96' bird 6spd 14.3 @ 98mph - sold

89 carbed coupe rollin the streets

post #4 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple 5.0
who did you hear that from and what made you say kenya? I don't agree with the wishing death but I thought it was strange that kenya borders Muslim loving countries. I also think it's strange that a large number of Muslim countries are the most f-d up places. If i wanted to change to a third world country i would have voted obama also. Brilliant post man, lets archive this and bring it back after presidential support has dropped through the floor.
You republicans are a bunch of sore losers and never have anything positive to say about anything on the other side of the fence. Fucking grow up, your side lost so stop being little bitches and whining about completely irrelevant shit. Be a man and take the loss like a man. Obama is the best thing that could have happened to the United States, and the WORLD agrees.
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
post #5 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 04:23 AM
Lifer

The American people voted, and wanted change. Is it my guy? Nope. I don't recall wishing death on anyone. As a matter of fact, I've said I want Barry to live through his term, and do well. Nobody wants him to fail.

God knows why that stupid-ass canadian is on this board again, sticking his nose in America's business. I mean, really. I thought he had been banned...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
You republicans are a bunch of sore losers and never have anything positive to say about anything on the other side of the fence. Fucking grow up, your side lost so stop being little bitches and whining about completely irrelevant shit. Be a man and take the loss like a man. Obama is the best thing that could have happened to the United States, and the WORLD agrees.
SS
Republicans didn't lose. The US lost... and ultimately the world loses.

I'm with Vertnut. I'm going to pray that he does what's best while in Office. Anyone wanting their President to fail is basically wanting the country to fail. I just hope "his best" is what is best for this nation. Whether it' happens to be right or wrong, failure in his position is serious failure to all of us.
post #7 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 04:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:

First, I think the thread about the Obama death poll was stupid and in poor taste. And that is basically what I said when I saw that thread.

Secondly, I am ashamed at the direction we are taking. I'm ashamed at all the life long Republicans that sold out their base and voted for Obama on the basis of race. I'm ashamed that our country made a decision that compromises our safety. I could go on and on.

And I have a question for you that I know you can't answer. When Michelle Obama said after her husband won the Primary, that this is the first time she's been proud of this country. How did that make you feel? Did you send her a letter recommending that she move to Kenya?

She was never proud of this country prior to that moment. All of the sacrifices and accomplishments made that created a path for Obama to ascend into the highest office in the land. Nothing to acknowledge there, I guess?

Send the Obama's a copy of your feelings on the matter. Don't be so selective when you start hurling around tasteless insults such as this. Try and include everyone for the sake of fairness. You should understand the concept of fairness being an Obama supporter.

See, Michelle and I are a little different on this subject of pride. I was very prideful of this country from birth until last night. Michelle Obama was not proud of this country from birth up until 6 months ago.

Bummer, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #8 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 05:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Republicans didn't lose. The US lost... and ultimately the world loses.

I'm with Vertnut. I'm going to pray that he does what's best while in Office. Anyone wanting their President to fail is basically wanting the country to fail. I just hope "his best" is what is best for this nation. Whether it' happens to be right or wrong, failure in his position is serious failure to all of us.
As always you speak the truth.

My 4 year old asked me last night at dinner if I had a good time voting yesterday. I was blessed with a bright little girl who listens closely to me and wants to understand the things I do to the best of her ability. With the pride instilled in me by my grandparents and my parents I proudly answered her YES. She then asked me why I voted and what voting meant. I told her that it is our responsibility in this wonderful country to vote for and try and pick the best people to lead us and make big decisions for all of us. She then asked me if I voted for the best person and if they were going to win. I told her that I made the best decision to vote for the man I believed in to do his best for us. I also told her he may not win, but that it is our job to hold whoever is elected to his promises.

I too like Denny will be praying that Obama will do whatever is in his power to protect our country from harm and make this a better place to live. If not like I told my daughter he has 4 years and if he does not do his job it our duty to replace him with someone who will.

1989 coupe
2006 R6S

post #9 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
The American people voted, and wanted change. Is it my guy? Nope. I don't recall wishing death on anyone. As a matter of fact, I've said I want Barry to live through his term, and do well. Nobody wants him to fail.

God knows why that stupid-ass canadian is on this board again, sticking his nose in America's business. I mean, really. I thought he had been banned...
"Bla bla bla, I'm butthurt because McCain lost and I have nothing constructive to add so I'll insult the 'Canuck'" - Vertnut
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
post #10 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 05:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
"Bla bla bla, I'm butthurt because McCain lost and I have nothing constructive to add so I'll insult the 'Canuck'" - Vertnut
SS
You see? That's why you have no business on this board. I'm not on Canadian boards for any reason. Why? I have no BUSINESS on there, that's why. Thanks for proving my point with your "drivel" and lack of respect for what this country is going through.

post #11 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
SS
This is an American forum, by and for Americans. You aren't one, but rather a butthurt, irrelevant Iranian expat who hasn't the balls to stand up with his own countrymen. Have you reconsidered strapping on that vest yet and making something of yourself to someone who cares?
post #12 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:25 AM
mannish boy

Quote:

where are the threads wishing death upon an American President elect?
post #13 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:42 AM
NEOCON EDUCATOR

This election only proved that hope is stronger than fear.
post #14 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet
This election only proved that ignorance is more pervasive than reason.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #15 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet
This election only proved that hope is stronger than fear.
It also proves that the majority isn't always right.

post #16 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Lifer

^^^^^
Applause
post #17 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:54 AM
LUCIFER

I wasn't a big fan of Mccain, but neither Obama as well. I like some ideas, and beliefs they each had.
Only time will tell if Obama will be the right choice or not, I hope so for our countries sake.

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #18 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Nobody

Quote:
no, 2004 did that, because in 2000, the majority lost out to Florida.

New Project 1964 C10 350/700r4
post #19 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 AM
How you doin'

the financial crisis killed mccain's chance to win. i believe that most of the voters that would've voted republican but voted for obama in this election did so because they were voting against a republican and not for obama. if you have an election during bad economic times, the opposite party from the one that's in office can say just about anything and people will jump on the bandwagon. in this case, all obama had to say was "change" and tons of people hopped on his side...no substance required.
post #20 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho?
LOL I still remember the humor in Al Gore losing in his home state that year.
post #21 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #22 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWho?
Actually, 1975 proved it. This is Jimmy Carter re-incarnate. The exact same formula, even down to the majorities in congress, the world economic climate, and foreign oil. We all know how that turned out, and the country still didn't learn.

post #23 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Lifer

Just because a hundred Frenchmen say it's so, don't make it right. And Buddy, we got us a whole country full of Frenchies.
post #24 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:08 AM
AHMO!

Jesus christ so far today I've heard

"My life is going to change today!"

"This is the greatest day of my life..." (this girl is married and has a newborn....)

"We now will get what we deserve"
post #25 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Lifer

The thing that gets me, out of all the Obama supporters, I only saw maybe 2 that could tell me why they were voting for him....his policies, etc... Most could only tell you, it was time for a change....
post #26 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:12 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper
The thing that gets me, out of all the Obama supporters, I only saw maybe 2 that could tell me why they were voting for him....his policies, etc... Most could only tell you, it was time for a change....
You saw 1 more then I did then.
post #27 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
You saw 1 more then I did then.

I hope I was the one. Oh, heavens to Betsy, I hope it was me.
post #28 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:18 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem
I hope I was the one. Oh, heavens to Betsy, I hope it was me.
LOL you were the one.

I'll hope Barry does well and leads this country in the coming 4 years and does not institute all of his policies but takes some bipartisan approach that's best for the country. The world is not over for conservatives just like all "our problems our solved" (not solved) for the people that I work with (like they are crowing about right now).
post #29 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Actually, 1975 proved it. This is Jimmy Carter re-incarnate. The exact same formula, even down to the majorities in congress, the world economic climate, and foreign oil. We all know how that turned out, and the country still didn't learn.
I think it is more akin to Nixon as far as policy. Its hard to separate the two though.

Winning platform was to end the war and pull the troops back home, and once elected that kind of bogged down while Keynsian wage and price controls and subsidies were enacted, stifling the market.

Carter made it worse with a one-two punch by initiating a grain embargo and not vetoing subsidy increases to farmers and to transportation interests. Carter, actually set the stage for reagan's success by removing many of the market controls and just leaving energy for Reagan to deregulate.
post #30 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I think it is more akin to Nixon as far as policy. Its hard to separate the two though.

Winning platform was to end the war and pull the troops back home, and once elected that kind of bogged down while Keynsian wage and price controls and subsidies were enacted, stifling the market.

Carter made it worse with a one-two punch by initiating a grain embargo and not vetoing subsidy increases to farmers and to transportation interests. Carter, actually set the stage for reagan's success by removing many of the market controls and just leaving energy for Reagan to deregulate.
Actually, his was not my thoughts, but historical guys smarter than me. I just lived it, and remembered it well enough to know we didn't need the same scenario. Carter's military weakness bothered me more as a young man, than his fiscal policy. We were wimps to the world, and I've never gotten over that. My first presidential election was in '80, and I haven't, nor will I, vote for a dem as president. I look at the "person" in local elections, and have voted for a wide range of people regardless of party.

post #31 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher
As always you speak the truth.

My 4 year old asked me last night at dinner if I had a good time voting yesterday. I was blessed with a bright little girl who listens closely to me and wants to understand the things I do to the best of her ability. With the pride instilled in me by my grandparents and my parents I proudly answered her YES. She then asked me why I voted and what voting meant. I told her that it is our responsibility in this wonderful country to vote for and try and pick the best people to lead us and make big decisions for all of us. She then asked me if I voted for the best person and if they were going to win. I told her that I made the best decision to vote for the man I believed in to do his best for us. I also told her he may not win, but that it is our job to hold whoever is elected to his promises.

I too like Denny will be praying that Obama will do whatever is in his power to protect our country from harm and make this a better place to live. If not like I told my daughter he has 4 years and if he does not do his job it our duty to replace him with someone who will.

I agree with you. If he doesnt take care of US he wont last .
post #32 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Good one Vert. Like it or not we have much more pressing issues to face than licking our wounds and getting sour cause our guy didn't win. I think our understanding of that is imperitive for our survival. Now that he's in it's still up to us to keep President Obama from getting too goofy with his policies. Once we get some "fires" put out I actually look for things to improve for America. The sky will not fall.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #33 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Good one Vert. Like it or not we have much more pressing issues to face than licking our wounds and getting sour cause our guy didn't win. I think our understanding of that is imperitive for our survival. Now that he's in it's still up to us to keep President Obama from getting too goofy with his policies. Once we get some "fires" put out I actually look for things to improve for America. The sky will not fall.
It's more important to me that we are all Americans, than whether or not my guy wins. Frankly, Bush had the last 4 years (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the first 4, due to 9/11) to do something, and he didn't. I, like most folks, wanted change. I just felt like McCain was the change we needed...

post #34 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
It's more important to me that we are all Americans, than whether or not my guy wins. Frankly, Bush had the last 4 years (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the first 4, due to 9/11) to do something, and he didn't. I, like most folks, wanted change. I just felt like McCain was the change we needed...
And I felt like Ron Paul was the change we needed. Didn't happen. Let's get to work with what we've got.
The news said that Obama is keeping Gates on. Decent start...

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #35 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

Obama has a lot to clean up regardless if it were McCain or him. I just don't feel too secure with Obama getting the job done. It has nothing to do with him being Black! I think McCain would have known how to deal with the Iraq troops and how to end things with Honor. That's the part that chaps me the most is how will Obama deal with Iraq?

I don't care about race and don't care about anything but what that person brings to the table. Obama is only a movement and a bunch of Hype it's not about White or Black it's about the facts that Obama doesn't have the knowledge to get it done!
post #36 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
And I have a question for you that I know you can't answer. When Michelle Obama said after her husband won the Primary, that this is the first time she's been proud of this country. How did that make you feel? Did you send her a letter recommending that she move to Kenya?
It could possibly be because I understood her meaning, rather than the soundbite. Not to mention, she was excited. And sometimes you just ramble. Sometimes words don't come out the way you intended. Like when McCain said "You know, I think you may have noticed that Senator Obama's supporters have been saying some pretty nasty things about Western Pennsylvania lately. And you know, I couldn't agree with them more." I knew what he was trying to say with that. I didn't go posting on a forum... "See?? Look! McCain hates Western Pnnsylvania!!"

Half truths have become the weapon of the Right, and you've fallen prey to them. John Cleese said that if it had been Obama who had been tortured in a Vietnamese prison camp for 2 years, that the Right Wing would have ads that said "He hung out with Communists for TWO YEARS!!". Or the fake ad that SNL did where the McCain campaign goes around & around and end with "Do you want Charles Barkley as President??" based on the fact that Obama played basketball. The American people got tired of half-truth warfare and the guilt-by-association game. Any time you say someone's guilty for being associated with someone, politically, you will probably have an association with that same person (Khalidi), somehow. That, plus Sarah, lost the election last night.
post #37 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Time Served

He's still just black-ish lying bastard he probably won't be able to do as much in office as he thinks he can but still liberal tree hugging hippies and the fornicated media that supports them lie and they played the right media game that's it, now we just have a racist muslium loving POS as president and I'm left praying that the next four years would just be over quickly.
post #38 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
No, the last 8 years proved that pretty well.
post #39 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
No, the last 8 years proved that pretty well.
At least we agree on something other than you being queer...

post #40 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 AM

The first term he will be busy cleaning up the biggest mess in history. The second term Obama will define his legacy.
post #41 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Obama is the best thing that could have happened to the United States, and the WORLD agrees.
SS
LOL, well I'd hate to disagree with the world. If we did that, before you know it we would avoid another world war or something...
post #42 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Actually, his was not my thoughts, but historical guys smarter than me. I just lived it, and remembered it well enough to know we didn't need the same scenario. Carter's military weakness bothered me more as a young man, than his fiscal policy. We were wimps to the world, and I've never gotten over that. My first presidential election was in '80, and I haven't, nor will I, vote for a dem as president. I look at the "person" in local elections, and have voted for a wide range of people regardless of party.
That isn't false either, it had a huge effect. I think wage caps on the Military killed any suport Carter had from that end too.

Do you remember how at the time the 55mph speed limit was a huge blot against Carter across the country? And the sound advice that instead of bitching about fuel oil prices the Northeast should learn to dress for the weather? That seems to be forgoten now. Or maybe it was just a phenomenon that I remeber being bigger than it was nationally.

Speaking of wimps to the world, that is very real; that is when China invaded Vietnam, . Mao had died and the new regime was hell bent on expansion. In fact I think Mao's death was a mini october (september actually) surprise working against Ford. After all the big bad commie was dead, we could all hold hands and clean up the planet together. Brezhnev took advantage too and built up the soviet military and invaded afghanistan. The final straw in the wimp label, to me, was the boycott of the olympics.
post #43 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:53 AM
The land of no ho racing

I don't really know what to think. I'm sour that my canidate didn't win. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to what Obama was doing or saying. I'm sure that he will do ok. I wish McCain would have won because you can see that the most important thing in his life is his country. Now we have a black president, and I hope that changes some lives by making the blacks do more. I know a lot of the blacks went out to vote just to see a black president win. That is fine, it just proves there are more ignorant people in this country then smart ones. So in my opinion I think that the world is declining on a daily basis. He would have been president regarless if it was this term or the next. I would rather it be this term then the next one because there will be no telling what we will be facing in the next term. A lot of the people that went out and voted this election will not go to the next one because they got what they wanted this time around. Hopefully this doesnt start a trend of unqualified people to run for president just because they know they can get people to vote simply by race. I hope that the economy gets better, and the world leaves us warless while he is in office.

Sorrry for the rant I just woke up.
post #44 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:09 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
where are the threads wishing death upon an American President elect?
??? ???
post #45 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique
The first term he will be busy cleaning up the biggest mess in history. The second term Obama will define his legacy.
Where did all these Canadians come from?
post #46 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
??? ???
he must be talking about this thread:

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=375330

post #3 is the first one that i saw, but i didn't read any further.
post #47 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique
We're FAR from the biggest mess in our history.
post #48 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:18 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
You have seen two more than I have during this whole election. In regards to personal debates, not internet pissing matches.

My own father damn near got slapped by me this morning as his own statement almost sent me over the edge. He said, "It's about time America got on board and showed the world that we are past racism." How the fuck does that prove we are past racism? Even the news said it's not about race that we now have our first black president.

I quickly asked him how this shows anything. Blank stare.
I asked him if he's ready for more taxes. He said Obama won't be implementing any more taxes than we already have.
I reminded him that Pelosi wants to raise taxes, our congress is democratically controlled and they want to raise taxes, and Obama has already said who he will raise taxes on..... US!!!!!! and our fucking business!!!!

I'm so distraught this morning over my own father, that I'm just kinda floating around in a daze.
Is that why you called me at the fucking crack of dawn?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #49 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Foxbody King

Quote:

Muslims lick balls.

2003 cobra DSG
post #50 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy
Muslims lick balls.
Pics or it didn't happen!!!

(hopefully no pics)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement