This will be my last post in the Political Forum - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy
 
Monsoon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: never never land
Posts: 21,966
This will be my last post in the Political Forum

..........for about 3 weeks. I'll be too busy readin your comments and LMAO

I'm speechless right now. Utterly.

Good night.

______________________________
I'm just a poor negro
Monsoon X is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Nice...
Denny is offline  
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
74% of the general U.S population is White.
Obama won by a fucking land slide. This country has come along way. A LONG WAY. We're in uncharted water folks. Buckle your seat belts.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
 
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
I'm glad you're laughing.

We've got an inexperienced radical left liberal Democrat, with a shady past, declared President of the most power country in the free world.

You know....I really think you are a sick person. I think you take joy in argument itself more than that actual topic. Your smugness was funny at first, but now you are just revealing your lack of tact.

95% of blacks in this country voted for this man simply because he is black. No time in the history of the voting process has any candidate had 95% of the vote by the same ethnicity. I don't care if this comes across as racist, but all of those people are a total and complete joke. Idiots. Blind leading the blind.

You've got your messiah. And you can have him. And 4 years from now when everybody's lives are exactly the same as they are now, I guess I'll be the one who is laughing.

Glad to hear you are taking a break. Don't hurry back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 09:25 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Sorry you are speechless, and sorry you are done with the political forum Jonathan.

It is true that the country has taken a hard veer to the left with obama. Many of us voted against it, but many more voted for it.

The country will get what it deserves. In spades.
mikeb is offline  
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 09:41 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Sorry you are speechless, and sorry you are done with the political forum Jonathan.

It is true that the country has taken a hard veer to the left with obama. Many of us voted against it, but many more voted for it.

The country will get what it deserves. In spades.
pun?
sc281_99-0135 is offline  
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 165
Did anyone else notice the panels of bulletproof glass around Obama's acceptance speech stage? What's up with all that...
Bounty Hunter is offline  
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
Did anyone else notice the panels of bulletproof glass around Obama's acceptance speech stage? What's up with all that...
Saw that too and was wondering what it was. If it indeed was... the area was charted out for possible sniping location and they placed the barriers to block.
Skidmark is offline  
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
Did anyone else notice the panels of bulletproof glass around Obama's acceptance speech stage? What's up with all that...
They've been reading the DFWstangs board. They know one of you gun totin' rednecks is already plottin' & schemin'.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:29 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Tell me how that purchase of the new Lexus or BMW or Volvo or whatever other thing your "look at me" ass is coming in two years. Thanks for voting on race, and I hope you get what you have coming to you.

Geor! is offline  
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!
Tell me how that purchase of the new Lexus or BMW or Volvo or whatever other thing your "look at me" ass is coming in two years. Thanks for voting on race, and I hope you get what you have coming to you.
Was this for me?

'Cuz if it is, sorry to disappoint you, my fair skinned friend. I ain't black.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
Was this for me?

'Cuz if it is, sorry to disappoint you, my fair skinned friend. I ain't black.
Do you post up every 2-6 months about the new BMW or Lexus you just bought or which one you should get? If not, then no, I was not talking about you. I was specifically referring to the OP. Sorry for the confusion.

Geor! is offline  
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
I'm glad you're laughing.

We've got an inexperienced radical left liberal Democrat, with a shady past, declared President of the most power country in the free world.

You know....I really think you are a sick person. I think you take joy in argument itself more than that actual topic. Your smugness was funny at first, but now you are just revealing your lack of tact.

95% of blacks in this country voted for this man simply because he is black. No time in the history of the voting process has any candidate had 95% of the vote by the same ethnicity. I don't care if this comes across as racist, but all of those people are a total and complete joke. Idiots. Blind leading the blind.

You've got your messiah. And you can have him. And 4 years from now when everybody's lives are exactly the same as they are now, I guess I'll be the one who is laughing.

Glad to hear you are taking a break. Don't hurry back.


Half the members on this site and probably the same buddies you and me are "palin' around" with have a shady past.... 95% of Whites have done the very same thing throughout history. Like they always say - You live by the sword... You die by the sword... Don't hate the player... Hate the game...

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Half the members on this site and probably the same buddies you and me are "palin' around" with have a shady past.... 95% of Whites have done the very same thing throughout history. Like they always say - You live by the sword... You die by the sword... Don't hate the player... Hate the game...
I've never hung out with a guy involved with a group that bombed a government building, killed two policemen and then said "that wasn't enough". Maybe I am just a square though.
AL P is offline  
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I've never hung out with a guy involved with a group that bombed a government building, killed two policemen and then said "that wasn't enough". Maybe I am just a square though.
Sounds like you need new friends... geez get with the times.
Skidmark is offline  
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
OLD SCHOOL crew
 
HobieF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: If you aren't 02 or older you aren't SHIT!
Posts: 11,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
95% of blacks in this country voted for this man simply because he is black.
So what if they did? Would Ted Kennedy have ever been elected to office if he was Ted Smith? Would George W. Bush have been elected president if his father was Joe the Plumber instead of a former President? Would Schwarzenegger or Reagan become governors of California if they had never been famous actors? Would George Washington been elected our first president if he wasn't a famous war hero?

Americans have been voting politicians into office for reasons that have nothing to do with actual qualifications since the birth of this nation. It's not as if it's a new concept.

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
HobieF3 is offline  
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Lifer
 
George G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
95% of blacks in this country voted for this man simply because he is black. No time in the history of the voting process has any candidate had 95% of the vote by the same ethnicity. I don't care if this comes across as racist, but all of those people are a total and complete joke. Idiots. Blind leading the blind.....

Glad to hear you are taking a break. Don't hurry back.
I couldn't have said this better myself!

George
George G. is offline  
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:56 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
Did anyone else notice the panels of bulletproof glass around Obama's acceptance speech stage? What's up with all that...
I would imagine a good deal of this presidency will be surrounded by bullet proof glass . The democrats and Obama are not stupid . The shot could come from any direction including their own .
thesource is offline  
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Turbobrooks
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons
Posts: 16,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor!
Tell me how that purchase of the new Lexus or BMW or Volvo or whatever other thing your "look at me" ass is coming in two years. Thanks for voting on race, and I hope you get what you have coming to you.
JC worked hard for what he's got, didn't get handed anything, and can spend it any way he wants. Jealous much?

JC will suffer the same increased tax burden as the rest of the $250k+ income earners. Will you contribute more to our countries tax coffers than he will? Do you think if anyone should complain about it it should be him?



Allen Werl Performance Racecraft Motorsports Inc.

Made possible by:
http://www.jamesbschassisservices.com
http://www.brooksracecraft.com
Andrew is offline  
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew

JC will suffer the same increased tax burden as the rest of the $250k+ income earners.

Scratch that. Apparently you haven't watched the news in two weeks. About two weeks ago, that magical $250k number was dropped to $200k. Then $150k. The most recent I heard reported was $120k.
bcoop is offline  
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
[ ] Awesome story.
[x] Good news.

Slowhand is offline  
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I've never hung out with a guy involved with a group that bombed a government building, killed two policemen and then said "that wasn't enough". Maybe I am just a square though.
Yet, you may have hung out with someone who was racist, skin-head, cheater and/or a thief, womanizer, assaulter, etc. I am sure you did an FBI background check on everyone you know. Lets be real we talk about people here on DFWstangs that scam people. You say you never said the N word even in joking. Or been around family, friends, or neighbors that have had those beliefs? If not my friend you have been living in a bubble of love.... I hope none of us corrupt you.

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Yet, you may have hung out with someone who was racist, skin-head, cheater and/or a thief, womanizer, assaulter, etc. I am sure you did an FBI background check on everyone you know. Lets be real we talk about people here on DFWstangs that scam people. You say you never said the N word even in joking. Or been around family, friends, or neighbors that have had those beliefs? If not my friend you have been living in a bubble of love.... I hope none of us corrupt you.


LMFAO at the ignorance of trying to compare befriending a terrorist to ANY other immoral activities. You sir, are one ignorant douche nozzle. Leave it to a fucking Democrat to deflect and deny. After all, if we ignore it, it didn't happen, right?
bcoop is offline  
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I voted for McCain!!
 
Somewhere in Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Balls Deep
Posts: 3,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
I'm glad you're laughing.

We've got an inexperienced radical left liberal Democrat, with a shady past, declared President of the most power country in the free world.

You know....I really think you are a sick person. I think you take joy in argument itself more than that actual topic. Your smugness was funny at first, but now you are just revealing your lack of tact.

95% of blacks in this country voted for this man simply because he is black. No time in the history of the voting process has any candidate had 95% of the vote by the same ethnicity. I don't care if this comes across as racist, but all of those people are a total and complete joke. Idiots. Blind leading the blind.

You've got your messiah. And you can have him. And 4 years from now when everybody's lives are exactly the same as they are now, I guess I'll be the one who is laughing.

Glad to hear you are taking a break. Don't hurry back.
Well said man!

Somewhere in Time is offline  
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
How about instead of all the assholes trying to find anything wrong with Obama that they possibly can, try and instead find out how we can start making this country a better place to live in? Jesus fucking Christ. Since when did this site become full of sinless saints? Worry about your own shit before attacking someone else. Have your taxes gone up? Has your house been bombed? Did you drive over a fucking IED after Barack won, in once again, a landslide.

For every black person that voted for Obama because he was black, there was a white person who DIDN'T vote for him for that same reason.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:31 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
LMFAO at the ignorance of trying to compare befriending a terrorist to ANY other immoral activities. You sir, are one ignorant douche nozzle. Leave it to a fucking Democrat to deflect and deny. After all, if we ignore it, it didn't happen, right?

If so I'm dipping my douch nozzle in your mouth... So KKK or Skin heads attempting to kill someone is not a terroristic act. I'm amused by the "end of days" talk of a black man becoming president. And how he's going to ruin the country worse than it already is right now. We should not be on here dividing but building this country to be what it used to be. He beat McCain fair and square and beat him not barely, but convincingly. You hate the fact that even with all that B/S about befriending a terrorist when McCain was doing the same thing. Or no one talks of Cindy McCain stealing prescription pain meds from her own charity. WTF! GET over the fact that you can't stand a Black Man being your President.

You know what just like Katt Williams said: "If you ain't got no haters, then you must not be doing something right!" BCoop=HATER!

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
JC worked hard for what he's got, didn't get handed anything, and can spend it any way he wants. Jealous much?

JC will suffer the same increased tax burden as the rest of the $250k+ income earners. Will you contribute more to our countries tax coffers than he will? Do you think if anyone should complain about it it should be him?
I have no problem with how he spends his money -- God knows I spend mine in the worst ways possible. It's the fact that he comes on this board and flaunts it. I applaud you for sticking up for your friend but shut the fuck up, please, if you're going to misrepresent my opinion.

Geor! is offline  
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
How about instead of all the assholes trying to find anything wrong with Obama that they possibly can, try and instead find out how we can start making this country a better place to live in?
From where I'm sitting, there isn't a whole hell of a lot that can be done to fix this country. Too little, too late type of situation. And no, I'm not basing my comment on Obama being elected. This country has gone to shit, long before this election. McCain would be facing the same type of uphill battle had he been elected.



Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
For every black person that voted for Obama because he was black, there was a white person who DIDN'T vote for him for that same reason.


I find that VERY hard to believe, when you look at the statistics of votes by race.
bcoop is offline  
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I find that VERY hard to believe, when you look at the statistics of votes by race.

Brent, I have to disagree. If I had a dollar for every white person I heard say "I ain't voting for that nigger" or "that nigger better not win", I could buy another 350z. Alot of people voted for McCain simply because he was white. Its a sensitive issue, but the vast majority of people are pissed off because a black man is going to be president.
Hollywood is offline  
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
If so I'm dipping my douch nozzle in your mouth...
Actually, no you're not. Is this really all you've got? I call you ignorant, because it's a fact. And you come back with some weak ass shit like this? I bet your cunt mother is proud.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
So KKK or Skin heads attempting to kill someone is not a terroristic act.
No, it's not a terrorist act. It's called a hate crime. But, please, humor me. Go find one fucking post where I've condoned someone taking the POTUS out. Please. I'll give you all the time you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
I'm amused by the "end of days" talk of a black man becoming president. And how he's going to ruin the country worse than it already is right now.
Then why don't you go amuse yourself with the people talking about the 'end of days', because you have me confused with someone else. I've kept out of those threads for a reason. So again, please address those who've been making those comments, as I'm not the one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
We should not be on here dividing but building this country to be what it used to be.
Yeah, because I've got tons of political influence, let me tell you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
He beat McCain fair and square and beat him not barely, but convincingly.
Once again, please point out where I've said anything different. Am I crying foul? Am I saying he cheated? Nope. Again, address it with someone who made those claims. You're barking up the wrong tree, Corky.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
You hate the fact that even with all that B/S about befriending a terrorist when McCain was doing the same thing.
McCain was palling around with terrorists? News to me. Please, post a link from a non leftist news source, and I'll bow out on that comment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Or no one talks of Cindy McCain stealing prescription pain meds from her own charity.
Quite honestly, I haven't heard of this. Again, post a news source. Otherwise, much like the rest of this ignorant post, what you say has zero merit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
WTF! GET over the fact that you can't stand a Black Man being your President.
Seriously? Please humor me again, and point out where I've made one negative comment about a black man being the President Elect. Why are YOU trying to make this about race with me? Did you see me in all the other threads calling him a ____? No, you didn't. Why don't you take it up with the people who have, instead of wasting your time with someone who has said nothing of the sort?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
You know what just like Katt Williams said: "If you ain't got no haters, then you must not be doing something right!" BCoop=HATER!

If you get your words of wisdom and words to live by from Kat Williams, well.... That explains everything.
bcoop is offline  
post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:46 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Brent, I have to disagree. If I had a dollar for every white person I heard say "I ain't voting for that nigger" or "that nigger better not win", I could buy another 350z. Alot of people voted for McCain simply because he was white. Its a sensitive issue, but the vast majority of people are pissed off because a black man is going to be president.
Stephen, I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree after seeing the exit poll numbers last night. Let's see if I can't pull them up...

Edit: Nevermind, we're talking about person for person, not percentages. So yeah, I'll agree with Josh that for person to person, there were probably just as many whites voting on race as blacks. Percentage wise? No fucking way.

Geor! is offline  
post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Close To Red River
Posts: 181
Blame, Blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
How about instead of all the assholes trying to find anything wrong with Obama that they possibly can, try and instead find out how we can start making this country a better place to live in? Jesus fucking Christ. Since when did this site become full of sinless saints? Worry about your own shit before attacking someone else. Have your taxes gone up? Has your house been bombed? Did you drive over a fucking IED after Barack won, in once again, a landslide.

For every black person that voted for Obama because he was black, there was a white person who DIDN'T vote for him for that same reason.

Blame, God so much blame to go around, and why when you were telling everone how _ _ _ _ _ _ _ bad Bush or any other Pres. was did you or the rest of the God blessed country that voted for Obama try to fix the problems then.
Miss D is offline  
post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Brent, I have to disagree. If I had a dollar for every white person I heard say "I ain't voting for that nigger" or "that nigger better not win", I could buy another 350z. Alot of people voted for McCain simply because he was white. Its a sensitive issue, but the vast majority of people are pissed off because a black man is going to be president.


I think you're misunderstanding what I've said. I'm not denying that racism exists. I'm not denying that white voters simply voted against Obama, because he is black. But to say that all white voters voted for McCain simply because he is white, is nothing short of ignorant. You know, that thing that runs rampant around here, ESPECIALLY in this forum.


Look at the voting statistics. Then look at the ethnic breakdown in percentages and actual numbers. To say that for every black person that simply voted for Obama because he is black, is absurd.


Let me do some digging for actual numbers.
bcoop is offline  
post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
The figures I heard were:

Historically, blacks vote 95% Democrat.

In this election, 95% of voting blacks selected Obama.

So it's sort of 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other, though I'm sure an argument could be made that more blacks were inspired to vote this year, thereby increasing the total number, if not the overall percentage. Again, just what I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Brent, I have to disagree. If I had a dollar for every white person I heard say "I ain't voting for that nigger" or "that nigger better not win", I could buy another 350z and then flip it.
lol, sorry, I couldn't resist.

BLAKE is offline  
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Yet, you may have hung out with someone who was racist, skin-head, cheater and/or a thief, womanizer, assaulter, etc. I am sure you did an FBI background check on everyone you know. Lets be real we talk about people here on DFWstangs that scam people. You say you never said the N word even in joking. Or been around family, friends, or neighbors that have had those beliefs? If not my friend you have been living in a bubble of love.... I hope none of us corrupt you.
As I said, I'm virtually certain that I have never hung out with someone who thought setting off bombs to make a political statement is an acceptable practice.

I must congratulate you on a nice attempt at a smokescreen that you have crafted here in order to rationalize your bullshit apples to oranges comparison. Unfortunately for you, most of the members of this forum think for themselves.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
AL P is offline  
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I think you're misunderstanding what I've said. I'm not denying that racism exists. I'm not denying that white voters simply voted against Obama, because he is black. But to say that all white voters voted for McCain simply because he is white, is nothing short of ignorant. You know, that thing that runs rampant around here, ESPECIALLY in this forum.


Look at the voting statistics. Then look at the ethnic breakdown in percentages and actual numbers. To say that for every black person that simply voted for Obama because he is black, is absurd.


Let me do some digging for actual numbers.
I definitely don't agree with the comment that all people voting for McCain, voted simply because he was white. So, we agree on that. I just think McCain got alot of votes because he was the white candidate. If you look at the demographics of the states McCain won, you'll see it's mostly southern and midwestern states, areas that are known for their racial and religious bias, much more than say, the New England area.
Hollywood is offline  
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
The figures I heard were:

Historically, blacks vote 95% Democrat.

In this election, 95% of voting blacks selected Obama.

So it's sort of 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other, though I'm sure an argument could be made that more blacks were inspired to vote this year, thereby increasing the total number, if not the overall percentage. Again, just what I heard.



lol, sorry, I couldn't resist.

Blake...thats just wrong.....funny....but wrong, lol.
Hollywood is offline  
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
I just think McCain got alot of votes because he was the white candidate.

Oh, I'm certain that's the case. There are a lot of old, proud white people in this country. The truth is, we'll never know how many voted for McCain just because he was white. You'd never get a lot of people to admit it. Sure some will, but it's definitely not the majority. The same goes for African Americans. Good luck in getting them to reveal they only voted for Obama because he was black (hypothetically, as I'm not claiming every black person voted for Obama solely on race).

I just think the 1:1 ratio is slightly absurd. Back in the 50s, that wouldn't be unheard of at all. Today, I think it's just a stretch for someone that's trying so hard to make this about race. It's not about race to me. Never was. Even with him winning, it is my opinion that this election set the country back many years, when it comes to equality.
bcoop is offline  
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:58 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Quite honestly, I haven't heard of this. Again, post a news source. Otherwise, much like the rest of this ignorant post, what you say has zero merit.
I know you don't necessarily consider the Washington Post credible, but I first heard about this on CNN at some point during the primaries. I don't give a shit about her drug addictions, but here is the link if you care to read about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091103947.html
Weslie is offline  
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Blake...thats just wrong.....funny....but wrong, lol.

Heheh, you're a good sport man.

BLAKE is offline  
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weslie
I know you don't necessarily consider the Washington Post credible, but I first heard about this on CNN at some point during the primaries. I don't give a shit about her drug addictions, but here is the link if you care to read about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091103947.html


Interesting stuff. I had never heard about that.


I guess the Dems didn't push it too hard, because of Obama's admitted drug use. By doing so, they would've only shot themselves in the foot.


Yeah, I don't particularly care, either. The only time drug use would be relevant in my eyes, is a longstanding history of drug abuse with drugs like LSD, ecstacy, etc.

Even then, relevance is relative. To some it's a sign of weakness, needing a crutch to deal, etc. I do however, find it funny that drug use has always been a big issue in politics. Damning, if you will. Until this election, anyways. I didn't hear one major news outlet make any mention of it during this election. I only know this, as it was referenced in excerpts from Obama's books.


What's wrong, Shaolin? Did I make you think too hard, and your head exploded? Are you trying to find a way to spin this, to make me appear racist? What's taking so long?
bcoop is offline  
post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Close To Red River
Posts: 181
And he inhaled too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Interesting stuff. I had never heard about that.


I guess the Dems didn't push it too hard, because of Obama's admitted drug use. By doing so, they would've only shot themselves in the foot.


Yeah, I don't particularly care, either. The only time drug use would be relevant in my eyes, is a longstanding history of drug abuse with drugs like LSD, ecstacy, etc.

Even then, relevance is relative. To some it's a sign of weakness, needing a crutch to deal, etc. I do however, find it funny that drug use has always been a big issue in politics. Damning, if you will. Until this election, anyways. I didn't hear one major news outlet make any mention of it during this election. I only know this, as it was referenced in excerpts from Obama's books.


What's wrong, Shaolin? Did I make you think too hard, and your head exploded? Are you trying to find a way to spin this, to make me appear racist? What's taking so long?
As an adult Obama admitted that during high school he used marijuana, cocaine, and alcohol

Hope he don't get to stressed out as Pres
Miss D is offline  
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:14 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Actually, no you're not. Is this really all you've got? I call you ignorant, because it's a fact. And you come back with some weak ass shit like this? I bet your cunt mother is proud.




No, it's not a terrorist act. It's called a hate crime. But, please, humor me. Go find one fucking post where I've condoned someone taking the POTUS out. Please. I'll give you all the time you need.



Then why don't you go amuse yourself with the people talking about the 'end of days', because you have me confused with someone else. I've kept out of those threads for a reason. So again, please address those who've been making those comments, as I'm not the one.




Yeah, because I've got tons of political influence, let me tell you.



Once again, please point out where I've said anything different. Am I crying foul? Am I saying he cheated? Nope. Again, address it with someone who made those claims. You're barking up the wrong tree, Corky.




McCain was palling around with terrorists? News to me. Please, post a link from a non leftist news source, and I'll bow out on that comment.




Quite honestly, I haven't heard of this. Again, post a news source. Otherwise, much like the rest of this ignorant post, what you say has zero merit.




Seriously? Please humor me again, and point out where I've made one negative comment about a black man being the President Elect. Why are YOU trying to make this about race with me? Did you see me in all the other threads calling him a ____? No, you didn't. Why don't you take it up with the people who have, instead of wasting your time with someone who has said nothing of the sort?





If you get your words of wisdom and words to live by from Kat Williams, well.... That explains everything.


You're just proved how knowledgeable you are and how you can call someone names and talk about my mother as if you know me. Only because I disagree with you and now you wanna call people names as if it really matters. The fact that you're angry that a Black Man used his resources like other politicians in the past to get elected. Its people like you who keep racism and bigitry alive. The election is over and your party lost.

Its amazing how you can be a keyboard warrior... but you can't back it up or say it to my face.... I live in Irving too if you really wanna tell me off. C'mon back it up. My cell number is on my sig if you wanna say that shit to my face lets meet at Joe's.... You're a pussy and I know you don't have the balls. So lets end this shit before you get yourself hurt physically and emotionally.

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
As I said, I'm virtually certain that I have never hung out with someone who thought setting off bombs to make a political statement is an acceptable practice.

I must congratulate you on a nice attempt at a smokescreen that you have crafted here in order to rationalize your bullshit apples to oranges comparison. Unfortunately for you, most of the members of this forum think for themselves.

Thats fine I guess we can agree to disagree. I just hate when Pussies like BCoop can call someone names because you disagree with them. They show their ignorance and immaturity. Its funny how they can be keyboard post whores, but when you meet them in person they just act like everything is cool. That to me is two faced. Well Al P its been a while since I seen you or talked to you. I hope everything is going well for you. later

Last edited by Cobra Commander; 11-06-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Cobra Commander is offline  
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss D
Blame, God so much blame to go around, and why when you were telling everone how _ _ _ _ _ _ _ bad Bush or any other Pres. was did you or the rest of the God blessed country that voted for Obama try to fix the problems then.
Let's ummm............make sense next time you post.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
You're just proved how knowledgeable you are and how you can call someone names and talk about my mother as if you know me. Only because I disagree with you and now you wanna call people names as if it really matters. The fact that you're angry that a Black Man used his resources like other politicians in the past to get elected. Its people like you who keep racism and bigitry alive. The election is over and your party lost.

Its amazing how you can be a keyboard warrior... but you can't back it up or say it to my face.... I live in Irving too if you really wanna tell me off. C'mon back it up. My cell number is on my sig if you wanna say that shit to my face lets meet at Joe's.... You're a pussy and I know you don't have the balls. So lets end this shit before you get yourself hurt physically and emotionally.


LMFAO. You just don't get it do you? If you're going to call someone racist, you better make sure you are calling out the right person. You still have yet to prove where I've said anything about being angry about who our next president is, or saying something to the effect of having a black man as president.

For the record, I'll gladly meet you at Joe's to tell you how ignorant you are. But alas, I'm playing golf today and tomorrow, so it won't happen until next week.
bcoop is offline  
post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Thumbs down Fraud:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Oh, I'm certain that's the case. There are a lot of old, proud white people in this country. The truth is, we'll never know how many voted for McCain just because he was white. You'd never get a lot of people to admit it. Sure some will, but it's definitely not the majority. The same goes for African Americans. Good luck in getting them to reveal they only voted for Obama because he was black (hypothetically, as I'm not claiming every black person voted for Obama solely on race).

I just think the 1:1 ratio is slightly absurd. Back in the 50s, that wouldn't be unheard of at all. Today, I think it's just a stretch for someone that's trying so hard to make this about race. It's not about race to me. Never was. Even with him winning, it is my opinion that this election set the country back many years, when it comes to equality.
Lets talk about McCain not loving his country until the age of 31!


John McCain, the son and grandson of Navy Admirals, who attended the United States Naval Academy on the public's dime, did not appreciate our great country until well into his adulthood. On March 13 as a guest on Hannity and Colmes he said:

"I really didn't love America until I was deprived of her company."

Sean Hannity immediately went ballistic and punched McCain in his face. Oh wait, no he didn't. He proceeded to toss McCain another softball and I'm positive he hasn't mentioned the exchange since.

Lest you think McCain's statement was uttered in a moment of confusion, back on September of 1999, when he actually was a straight talker and hated Bush, he said upon launching his 2000 presidential campaign the same thing virtually word for word:

"I was born into America's service, it wasn't until I was deprived of her company that I fell in love with America.

And again in December of 1999 he said:

"I was not in love with America until I was deprived of her company"

The similarity of the wording indicates that this was actually a talking point.

McCain said this!
Cobra Commander is offline  
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Thumbs down Uninformed BCoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
LMFAO. You just don't get it do you? If you're going to call someone racist, you better make sure you are calling out the right person. You still have yet to prove where I've said anything about being angry about who our next president is, or saying something to the effect of having a black man as president.

For the record, I'll gladly meet you at Joe's to tell you how ignorant you are. But alas, I'm playing golf today and tomorrow, so it won't happen until next week.

You don't get it...

Heres your Facts Checked about the Terrorist:


Back in February, the Washington Post reported in a fact check, But the Obama-Ayers link is a tenuous one.(Washington Post, 2/18/08)

As part of a larger project where I'm compiling a long list of all the lies and smears spread about Obama, here are over two dozen lies about Ayers and Obama.

Tonight's Hannity's America featured more of these absurd lies about Obama and Ayers in Hannity's infomercial for idiocy, including an amazing interview with legendary anti-Semitic crackpot Andy Martin:

LIE: "My view is that the community organizer was really a sham event. Bill Ayers was testing him."(Andy Martin, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")

TRUTH: Bill Ayers had nothing to do with Obama's community organizing job. It's pure lunacy to imagine that Ayers was "testing" Obama.

LIE: Obama's "community organizing is a grand scheme perpetuated by none other than William Ayers."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")

TRUTH: Obama's community organizing was not a vast conspiracy for revolution devised by Bill Ayers.

LIE: "They live half a mile from William Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist" and "Just a half a mile from those homes is Louis Farrakhan."(Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")

TRUTH: It's true, of course, that Obama lives in this same neighborhood, as do tens of thousands of other people who presumably are also guilty by geographical association. The logic of this argument would be, if you live half a mile from a sex offender, then you agree with child molesters.

LIE: Obama and Ayers "appeared together at various public engagements...it would seem that they are more than just a little bit friendly."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")

TRUTH: Appearing on a speaking panel is not a sign of friendship. There is no evidence that Obama had any role in ever inviting Ayers to speak.

LIE: In 1995, Ayers and Dohrn "hosted a political coming out party for a young Barack Obama."(Sean Hannity, Hannity's America, October 5, 2008, "Obama and His Friends: History of Radicalism")

TRUTH: This was an event for Alice Palmer, not a "coming-out party" for Obama. Obama was invited by Palmer to the event.

But long before tonight's Hannity, the right-wing has been spreading a series of lies about Obama and Ayers.

LIE: "Bill Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist."

TRUTH: Bill Ayers is not, and apparently never was, a terrorist. The conventional definition of a terrorist is someone who tries to kill innocent people for political purposes. As Factcheck.org noted, In fact, nobody died as a result of bombings in which Ayers said he participated as part of the Weather Underground. (Factcheck.org)

LIE: "I'm sure he's very patriotic, but his relationship with Mr. Ayers is open to question....Because, if you're going to associate and have as a friend and serve on a board and have a guy kick off your campaign that says he's unrepentant, that he wished he'd bombed more. And then, the worst thing of all, that I think really indicates Senator Obama's attitude, is he had the incredible statement that he compared Mr. Ayers, an unrepentant terrorist -- an unrepentant terrorist, with Senator Tom Coburn. Senator Coburn, a physician who goes to Oklahoma on the weekends and brings babies into life.' (John McCain, April 20, 2008, ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos)

TRUTH: Obama was not friends with Ayers. Ayers did not kick off Obama's campaign. And Obama was not comparing Ayers' actions with Coburn. Obama was pointing out that he works with people even when he disagrees with them.

LIE: "Obama's oldest friend in politics is a murderer and unrepentant terrorist. Why are they friends?"(ExposeObama.com email, Sept. 7, 2008)

TRUTH: Ayers isn't Obama's oldest friend in politics.

LIE: Ayers was "Obama's boss."(Jerome Corsi, p. 147)

TRUTH: The chair of a foundation board is not the boss of the members.

LIE: Jerome Corsi claimed Alice "Palmer would never have introduced Obama to the Hyde Park political community at the Ayres-Dohrn home unless she saw an affinity between Ayers and Dohrn's radical leftist history, her own history of far-leftist politics, and the politics of Barack Obama."(p. 137)

TRUTH: The event wasn't held primarily for Obama. It was Palmer's own announcement that she would run for Congress. Obama was there as Palmer's endorsed successor for her Senate seat, but there's no evidence that he had any role in deciding to hold it at Ayers' home.

LIE: Jerome Corsi claims about Obama: "either he did not know Ayers and Dohrn are still radical leftists--in which case he is implausibly naive--or Obama did know, which would confirm he joined with Ayers and Dohrn because Obama too continues to believe, albeit silently and secretly, in the Far Left's radical agenda."(p. 140)

TRUTH: Obama probably knew Ayers was a leftist, but he didn't care. Obama believes in the notion of a free society, where you work with people you disagree with.

LIE: "Even today, Ayers appears to hold the same radical political beliefs he did in the Weather Underground, and Obama had to know that was also the case when he first met Ayers in 1995."(Jerome Corsi, p. 147)

TRUTH: Corsi doesn't explain how Obama "had to know" Ayers' views on politics when he first met him. Telepathy? Mind-reading?

LIE: David Freddoso calls Obama's distant connection with Bill Ayers "a remarkable relationship for a presidential nominee to have."(p. 122)

TRUTH: It reality, it's not remarkable at all. The notion that people should resign from foundations and refuse to speak in public in order to avoid any connection to a former radical never convicted of a crime is absurd.

LIE: "The major media simply have not reported on Obama's two years at New York's Columbia University, where, among other things, he lived a mere quarter-mile from former terrorist Bill Ayers."(Tony Blankley, September 24, 2008)

TRUTH: Thousands upon thousands of people lived near Bill Ayers in Manhattan. Obama didn't know Ayers.

LIE: Mr. Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval. (Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)

TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence to support his claim. Ayers was one of several people involved in starting the group, and was not its guiding spirit. According to the New York Times reporting, Obama was recruited by other CAC leaders who knew him through the Joyce Foundation.

LIE: Mr. Obama and Mr. Ayers worked as a team to advance the CAC agenda. (Stanley Kurtz, Wall Street Journal)

TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence that Obama and Ayers worked as a team. Ayers attended six meetings of the group along with Obama.

LIE: "Obama is hanging around with Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. By the way, Bill Ayers advertised himself as being a communist with a small c just when he was beginning to
partner with Obama on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. (Stanley Kurtz, Hudson Institute, Washington DC, October 1, 2008)

TRUTH: Contrary to this McCarthyist attack, there's no evidence that Obama ever knew that Ayers supposedly called himself a communist, nor is that a good reason for Obama to end his work on school reform and charitable activities.

LIE: "who provided Obama with the only executive experience he has ever had in his young life? Bill Ayers, unrepentant domestic terrorist, communist revolutionary... (Joseph Farah, World Net Daily, October 2, 2008)

TRUTH: Ayers did not provide Obama with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge job. And Obama has also had executive experience in community organizing, running a voter registration drive, as well as running his campaigns. The New York Times reported, "In fact, according to several people involved, Mr. Ayers played no role in Mr. Obama's appointment. Instead, it was suggested by Deborah Leff, then president of the Joyce Foundation, a Chicago-based group whose board Mr. Obama, a young lawyer, had joined the previous year."(Scott Shane, New York Times, October 4, 2008)

LIE: "Barack Obama is friends with Ayers, defending him as quote 'respectable and mainstream.'"(American Issues Project ad, August 2008)

TRUTH: David Axelrod described them as "friendly," not friends. Obama didn't call Ayers respectable and mainstream (although Ayers now is); Obama's campaign on his website posted an op-ed in the press that described Ayers that way.

LIE: "I can't understand why somebody who wants to be president of the United States, I'll be perfectly honest with you, would want to associate or not condemn the actions of people in the past."(Paul Ragonese, April 27, 2008, Fox News' Hannity's America)


TRUTH: Obama has condemned the past actions of Bill Ayers and called him somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago. (April 16, 2008 debate)

LIE: About Bill Ayers, "Barack Obama really couldn't bring himself to say 'you know, I really don't like that guy.' That was too much for him to say. He had to talk about what a decent guy he is and what a good professor."(Jim Geraghty, "Hype: The Obama Effect")

TRUTH: There is no record of Obama during the campaign calling Ayers "decent" and "a good professor." In fact, Obama really did bring himself to criticize Ayers, denouncing him during a Democratic debate as "somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago."

LIE: "Obama was feted at a fundraising event" at Ayers' home.("Hype: The Obama Effect")

TRUTH: Obama never had a fundraising event at Ayers' home.

LIE: Barack Obama and Bill Ayers had a close working relationship...the two of them were running the foundation together. (Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)

TRUTH: Kurtz has no evidence of a "close working relationship" beyond attending a few meetings together. The notion that Obama and Ayers were the only ones running the Chicago Annenberg Challenge is absolutely false.

LIE: "The most important smoking gun is that Barack Obama was funding Bill Ayers' radical educational projects."(Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)

TRUTH: This is false. Obama was the president of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, not its dictator. There's no evidence that Obama made any funding decisions. Moreover, it would have been completely unprofessional for anyone, including Obama, to ban Bill Ayers from receiving funding for educational projects because of alleged radical activities decades earlier which Ayers was never convicted of. Kurtz has no evidence that projects were judged based on anything other than their merits. This is a pure smear by association.

LIE: Emails "give us strong evidence that there may have been a cover-up in Bill Ayers' role choosing Barack Obama."(Stanley Kurtz, Fox News Channel's Fox and Friends, September 29, 2008)

TRUTH: This is a fabrication. The email Kurtz is referring to shows absolutely no kind of cover up. In fact, it shows exactly the opposite. In his blog, Kurtz quotes the entire email Ken Rolling wrote to CAC founders Warren Chapman and Anne Hallett and notes that Sam Dillon, Education Reporter for the New York Times, was working on an article. Rolling wrote about Dillon, He is trying to understand how Barack got 'picked' for the CAC board, by whom, why, etc. - I have avoided that question head-on though I believe Barack was Debbie Leff's/Joyce nomination." This email reveals no kind of cover-up, and the New York Times article found several sources that said Obama was not picked by Ayers.

LIE: "There is a secret group in the Obama-Biden campaign tasked with shutting off any leaks from the record that links Barack Obama to his longtime adviser and mentor Bill Ayers, professor of education at the University of Illinois and unrepentant Weatherman terrorist and fugitive from the 1970s....There is a substantial independent report from a major Democratic source that confirms Diamond's suspicions. The source confirms the unit is led by Bill Ayers himself and likely includes Tom Hayden and other members of 'Progressives for Obama.' Most critically, the Democratic source says this unit has direct access to media adviser David Axelrod of the Obama-Biden campaign."(John Batchelor, Human Events, September 12, 2008)

TRUTH: There is no "secret group." Hayden reports, "I am not part of any effort, personal or organized, trying to protect Obama against any leaks." The notion that Ayers is leading the "unit" is laughable. According to the University of Illinois library, "all papers have been available since August 26" about the school reform group that Ayers and Obama worked on. Diamond, the source cited for the existence of the "unit," declares, "I have no evidence of such a unit." Diamond added, "I told Batchelor that I would not speak to Human Events yet he made up a quote from me and placed it in his article."
Cobra Commander is offline  
post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:03 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
McCain's own campaign manager is a crook also:


Newsweek confirms the story:

Freddie Mac had previously paid an advocacy group run by Davis, called the Homeownership Alliance, $30,000 a month until the end 2005, when that group was dissolved. That relationship was the subject of a New York Times story Monday, which drew angry denunciations from the McCain campaign. McCain and his aides have vehemently objected to suggestions that Davis has ties to Freddie Mac-an especially sensitive issue given that the Republican presidential candidate has blamed "the lobbyists, politicians and bureaucrats" for the mortgage crisis that recently prompted the Bush administration to take over both Freddie Mac and its companion, Fannie Mae, and put it under federal conservatorship.

But neither the Times story -- nor the McCain campaign -- revealed that Davis's firm, the Washington, D.C. based lobbying firm Davis Manafort, continued to receive $15,000 a month from Freddie Mac until last month-long after the Homeownership Alliance had been terminated. The two sources, who requested anonymity discussing sensitive information, told Newsweek that Davis himself approached Freddie Mac in 2006 and asked for a new consulting arrangement that would allow his firm to continue to be paid. The arrangement was approved by Hollis McLoughlin, Freddie Mac's vice president for external relations, because "he [Davis] was John McCain's campaign manager and it was felt you couldn't say no," said one of the sources. [McLoughlin did not return phone calls].
Cobra Commander is offline  
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 10:04 AM
NOT AFGHANISTAN ANYMORE!!
 
Blown03_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'
Posts: 4,219
Damn dude give it a fricking rest. The election is over.

Dallas news reports Tony Romo tried to commit suicide last night!

Fortunately he dropped the gun and the bullet was intercepted!
Blown03_GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome