This can't be happening! - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
This can't be happening!

Fox4 News is reporting Obama in the lead in Texas on projections made based on the early voting data.

This is unreal. Absolutely unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
McCain will win it tonight, but like I've said before, in 2012 and onward the GOP will have to defend Texas the same way they defend Ohio and Florida. We have a rapidly growing hispanic population that supported Bush by 44% but are only supporting McCain at 20%. That low hispanic support is going to kill him in Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and if McCain wasn't from Arizona chances are Obama would win it too.
ayzo is offline  
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Lifer
 
centexchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kempner,Texas
Posts: 2,247
I am now in absolute fear for the future of honest hardworking americans....

"Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine." Elvis Presley

Dana
centexchick is offline  
 
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayzo
McCain will win it tonight, but like I've said before, in 2012 and onward the GOP will have to defend Texas the same way they defend Ohio and Florida. We have a rapidly growing hispanic population that supported Bush by 44% but are only supporting McCain at 20%. That low hispanic support is going to kill him in Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and if McCain wasn't from Arizona chances are Obama would win it too.


Are you watchin the same election I am? Seems to me McCain is gettin his old ass kicked.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Rice User
 
threefortytwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bedford
Posts: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Are you watchin the same election I am? Seems to me McCain is gettin his old ass kicked.
Do us all a favor and stare at your sig for a few hours..
threefortytwo is offline  
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Hood Approved.
 
CarrieNC17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gasoline Dreams
Posts: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Are you watchin the same election I am? Seems to me McCain is gettin his old ass kicked.

x2.
CarrieNC17 is offline  
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by threefortytwo
Do us all a favor and stare at your sig for a few hours..

Go fuck your mother. I want McCain to win too. But it looks to me he's losing his ass already.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
It doesn't look good for mccain at all
mikeb is offline  
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:41 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Go fuck your mother. I want McCain to win too. But it looks to me he's losing his ass already.
With so many critical states unaccounted for it is a little early to declare ass kicking. I am not saying it won't happen but still too early to call.
usmcluke is offline  
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:41 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
My guess is that osama will end up with roughly 60% of the electorals...
Fox466 is offline  
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Are you watchin the same election I am? Seems to me McCain is gettin his old ass kicked.
Right now Obama is only leading in Dallas County, Harris County (Houston), and Travis County (Austin) and is leading in 2 deep southern counties (heavy hispanic populations)

As of 7:42 PM

McCain: 50.2%
Obama: 49.2%

With 1% of the vote in.
ayzo is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:43 PM
RIP ERIC MEJIA
 
CHINGOBLING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NORTH SIDE FORT WORTH
Posts: 894
Fuck McCain!!!! He doesn't care about brown people!

CHINGOBLING is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Midland, Tx
Posts: 570
Not looking good.

What's the first thing you guys are going to do if Obama gets it?

<--- Firing the housekeeper because she voted for Obama...seriously. No joke. Can't wait to see the look on her face when I tell her I can't afford her because of Obama's tax policy.

90 GT - Bolt ons - 8.17 @ 173.XX. Original garage queen. '05 FFW Ennis True Street Winner
94 Supra - Big time garage queen
79 FJ40 Landcruiser - 4" lift, LT-1 w/4L60e, and 35's!
'98 Shadow ACE Tourer - 300 miles!
'99 Baja H2X - Water Toy
07 GT500 - Vista Blue w/ White stripes
'93 Cobra - Black on Black, 23K miles!
Boost Addict is offline  
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:44 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
Current map:

ayzo is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:45 PM
blank
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the Air
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHINGOBLING
fuck McCain!!!! he doesnt care about brown people!
Who does?
5.0LiterRiceEater is offline  
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Lifer
 
Mixedup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHINGOBLING
fuck McCain!!!! he doesnt care about brown people!

And you think by association Barrack does?

WOW can we say racist? Oh I forgot, because of history some people are entitled to be racists .....
Mixedup is offline  
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:47 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayzo
As of 7:42 PM

McCain: 50.2%
Obama: 49.2%

With 1% of the vote in.

That's the popular vote. Electorals are whats important.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:47 PM
LUCIFER
 
bjtheman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aubrey
Posts: 5,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Are you watchin the same election I am? Seems to me McCain is gettin his old ass kicked.
That he is, a majority of his votes are from old people over 65 or racist people

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED


bjtheman1 is offline  
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:48 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That's the popular vote. Electorals are whats important.
I should have clarified, those numbers are for the state of Texas
ayzo is offline  
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:48 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Addict
Not looking good.

What's the first thing you guys are going to do if Obama gets it?

<--- Firing the housekeeper because she voted for Obama...seriously. No joke. Can't wait to see the look on her face when I tell her I can't afford her because of Obama's tax policy.
Good man!
Fox466 is offline  
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:50 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by threefortytwo
Do us all a favor and stare at your sig for a few hours..

JKD, I've got no beef with you man...

But that line may me LMAO.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: DFW
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick
I am now in absolute fear for the future of honest hardworking americans....
You and me both, we are in a big world of shit!
turbodave is offline  
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHINGOBLING
Fuck McCain!!!! He doesn't care about brown people!
Fuck Obama!!! He doesn't care about white people!

Magnus is offline  
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:51 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
JKD, I've got no beef with you man...

But that line may me LMAO.


It's all good. It was funny. He just assumed right away I was an Obama supporter saying he was getting his ass kicked. Looks to me it's gonna be an early night. Obama is gonna be President before midnight.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
It's all good. It was funny. He just assumed right away I was an Obama supporter saying he was getting his ass kicked. Looks to me it's gonna be an early night. Obama is gonna be President before midnight.
I agree, Obama is going to win. McCain was a shitty nominee and he ran a shit campaign. Limbaugh himself called McCain a "trap candidate"

However, there is a silver lining here guys. The Republican party is getting their asses whipped because they were put into office to act as CONSERVATIVES. Instead they were liberals in many ways. They took our trust and treated it like shit. A major ass whipping is exactly what they needed. This country is mainly moderate with a slight conservative lean but it doesn't like a President and Congress that does a shit job.

The Republicans have exactly two years to start getting their shit back together. If they are smart, the go to Newt Gingrich and beg him to pick up the pieces.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
If Florida goes blue , its pretty much over for McCain .
thesource is offline  
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Lifer
 
centexchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kempner,Texas
Posts: 2,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource
If Florida goes blue , its pretty much over for McCain .
if Ohio goes blue it is done. No candidate since 64 has won without Ohio.

at least that is what the media says

"Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine." Elvis Presley

Dana
centexchick is offline  
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
When Osamas president, I can go on welfare and now claim Affirmative Action??

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:06 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
When Osamas president, I can go on welfare and now claim Affirmative Action??
No, your BMW seats and windows will be removed and placed in some guys pinto

BTW, Arizona is too close to call Not a very good night for McCain.
ayzo is offline  
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayzo
No, your BMW seats and windows will be stolen and placed in some guys pinto
fixed

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
I agree, Obama is going to win. McCain was a shitty nominee and he ran a shit campaign. Limbaugh himself called McCain a "trap candidate"

However, there is a silver lining here guys. The Republican party is getting their asses whipped because they were put into office to act as CONSERVATIVES. Instead they were liberals in many ways. They took our trust and treated it like shit. A major ass whipping is exactly what they needed. This country is mainly moderate with a slight conservative lean but it doesn't like a President and Congress that does a shit job.

The Republicans have exactly two years to start getting their shit back together. If they are smart, the go to Newt Gingrich and beg him to pick up the pieces.
I agree with this post. I think it's all cyclical. I think we'll probably never see one party have their President in office longer than 8 years in todays time. News and information are available within a micro second of when things happen, the general public just knows too much now. 8 years is a long time and can generate a long list of dirty laundry for any party. Hillary would've probably had the same success this year. The GOP will have their President in if not in '12 then guaranteed '16.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lafayette, IN
Posts: 1,063
According to the bbc:

Fox news has just projected Ohio for Obama. Let me repeat this...FOX news says Obama for Ohio.

Granted it's only 5 percent reporting. I'm just shocked that fox news would throw in the towel so early.

Regarding Slo3gt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Whining about someone disclosing their salary on a message forum usually leads to said whiner being a broke dick. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.
hedkutter18 is offline  
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:20 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedkutter18
According to the bbc:

Fox news has just projected Ohio for Obama. Let me repeat this...FOX news says Obama for Ohio.

Granted it's only 5 percent reporting. I'm just shocked that fox news would throw in the towel so early.
Yeah, they are saying that mccain doesn't have the electorial college votes now.
mikeb is offline  
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Rice User
 
threefortytwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bedford
Posts: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
It's all good. It was funny.


You don't want to know the things I've said to my Obama followin GF..

*sigh.. all too depressing..

"Will Obama be impeached?" *shakes 8 ball*
"You can count on it"

WOOOOT!
threefortytwo is offline  
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
Fox news is calling Ohio for Obama
ayzo is offline  
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by threefortytwo

"Will Obama be impeached?" *shakes 8 ball*
"You can count on it"

WOOOOT!
LOL
Oh Magic 8 ball dont fail us now!!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lafayette, IN
Posts: 1,063
CBS called Ohio for Obama too.

Regarding Slo3gt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Whining about someone disclosing their salary on a message forum usually leads to said whiner being a broke dick. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.
hedkutter18 is offline  
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:29 PM
gear jammer
 
bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: out west
Posts: 2,373
Geez....this is becoming an ass-whooping of epic proportions

Live..ride..dream


1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
bucky is offline  
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:31 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
Geez....this is becoming an ass-whooping of epic proportions
Reagan/Mondale was epic.

Which way is the handout line?

I don't have the sick feeling yet, not sure why, I just don't.
Sean88gt is offline  
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lafayette, IN
Posts: 1,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
Geez....this is becoming an ass-whooping of epic proportions
Looks like it. Even McCain is sounding glum. Again, the BBC:

0158: John McCain was in reflective mood on board his plane heading to his Phoenix, Arizona HQ. "We've had a great ride, we've had a great experience and it's full of memories that we will always treasure". Does that sound like a man confident of victory?

Regarding Slo3gt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Whining about someone disclosing their salary on a message forum usually leads to said whiner being a broke dick. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.
hedkutter18 is offline  
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
picture


LMAO! That's kinda fucked up...
Fox466 is offline  
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Looks like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson finally found a way to get in the White House. The head Chef in the White House is gonna lose his mind tryin to figure out how to cook collard greens and pigs feet.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
I've said it all along , blacks and white women will put Barack Obama in the white house .

The connection between Bush and McCain was took much to shake and a lot of people highly under estimated the power of race in this election . Its truely color blinded the vast majority .
thesource is offline  
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,173
I am physically ill.
usmcluke is offline  
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:48 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
I agree with this post. I think it's all cyclical. I think we'll probably never see one party have their President in office longer than 8 years in todays time. News and information are available within a micro second of when things happen, the general public just knows too much now. 8 years is a long time and can generate a long list of dirty laundry for any party. Hillary would've probably had the same success this year. The GOP will have their President in if not in '12 then guaranteed '16.
Well I hope no party has their President in for longer than 8 years. I think we'd have a bit of a problem on our hands if they did.....

Yes, I think Hillary would have won too.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Thumbs down

Ohio is in the can for Obama. Penn and Ohio for Obama. Hell, Obama even took New Mexico which usually votes red.

I think McCain is mathematically out.

I think it's done guys. And I'm going to go puke up my beer and cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't get it....?
 
Katrina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Euless
Posts: 2,488
why is no one (media) talking about Texas? they have 34 votes up for grabs...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Katrina is offline  
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:52 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina
why is no one (media) talking about Texas? they have 34 votes up for grabs...
Because those 34 votes simply are not going to make a real difference..
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 07:52 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina
why is no one (media) talking about Texas? they have 34 votes up for grabs...
Because we are pretty predictable. IF Obama were to even make it close it would be talked about alot but Obama poses no real threat in Texas.
usmcluke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome