Playing the market - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Playing the market

Here is the setup I played this morning.

The Qs have been toying with it's 20 day moving average for a few days. I purchased some when it broke over 33 this morning and the trade has a potential of hitting its 50 day moving average around 37.

I have a fairly tight stop just south of the 20 day moving average at 32.00. The 20 day moving average should play support for the trade but in this market you never know.

If it does pullback a good entry would be around 33 after it trades down to 32.60 or so (20 day moving average support) and trades back up to confirm again.

So, risking $1 for a potential $4 dollars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qqqq.png
Views:	83
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	88343  

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:39 AM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
So, risking $1 for a potential $4 dollars.
This is the only part I understood LOL......
mikeb is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Here is the setup I played this morning.

The Qs have been toying with it's 20 day moving average for a few days. I purchased some when it broke over 33 this morning and the trade has a potential of hitting its 50 day moving average around 37.

I have a fairly tight stop just south of the 20 day moving average at 32.00. The 20 day moving average should play support for the trade but in this market you never know.

If it does pullback a good entry would be around 33 after it trades down to 32.60 or so (20 day moving average support) and trades back up to confirm again.

So, risking $1 for a potential $4 dollars.

Do you need an intern? And before you ask no I don't have tits or a nice ass.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Got Lateral G's??
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Your mirror about to pass your ass!
Posts: 9,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Do you need an intern? And before you ask no I don't have tits or a nice ass.
but you have a mouth and knees so you start on Monday!



Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
aggie97 is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
lmao... you walked into that one...
GT Dan is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
I just started an online virtual trade game for fun. colgate palmolive up 2.6% in 2 days. vascular solutions is getting its ass kicked though im about to sell that POS for some HANS

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~
I just started an online virtual trade game for fun. colgate palmolive up 2.6% in 2 days. vascular solutions is getting its ass kicked though im about to sell that POS for some HANS
Since it is virtual, look at AMED.

Major relative strength to most stocks, already trading above its moving averages.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:05 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Do you need an intern? And before you ask no I don't have tits or a nice ass.
He doesn't want a union guy, and get in line I asked months ago.
Nate is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Since it is virtual, look at AMED.

Major relative strength to most stocks, already trading above its moving averages.
I just bought some Hansen National. UNP is up 5%!! railroad kicks ass

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Since it is virtual, look at AMED.

Major relative strength to most stocks, already trading above its moving averages.
Nice pick! 2.8% graph looks pretty damn good but what the hell do i know...

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~
I just bought some Hansen National. UNP is up 5%!! railroad kicks ass

I picked some up when it was in the $53 range. It was to cheap to pass up. There was a good article a few months back on railroad stocks. Basicly it said the Railroads didn't get the memo that the economy was in the shitter and they were all posed to make record profits.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Got Lateral G's??
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Your mirror about to pass your ass!
Posts: 9,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Basicly it said the Railroads didn't get the memo that the economy was in the shitter and they were all posed to make record profits.
the economy is down, but not in the shitter as the media and the dems make it sound. It's equalizing where it should be. It's still working well and our monetary system is in place and working. People are just tightening their belts in fear and there have been a few job losses.

go look at the GNP from last week and compare to two years ago...yes, there is a downturn, but not 50% or more.

Media/Dems are just making a dramatic "news" story to co-miserate with the poor people in the world so they put Barry in office so that when he gets shot, they will have a REAL news story....



Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
aggie97 is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
I picked some up when it was in the $53 range. It was to cheap to pass up. There was a good article a few months back on railroad stocks. Basicly it said the Railroads didn't get the memo that the economy was in the shitter and they were all posed to make record profits.
You are looking backwards. Lets revisit rails in about 3 months.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You are looking backwards. Lets revisit rails in about 3 months.

PM coming your way.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:38 PM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
Bought some GM stock @ 5.55 a share yesterday and sold some Nov 08 $6.00 calls on it today for $0.75 a share . Sold off some ATSI I bought for $2.10 for $2.65 a share and sold some GPM I bought in the $5.60 range for $6.65 the other day . Other than , not a whole lot to talk about . Have several on my radar but waiting to see what happens with the elections and how the market responds to it .
thesource is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 09:26 PM
NEOCON EDUCATOR
 
bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: CHICAGO S&P PIT
Posts: 1,789
At least you had a stop.

S&P 500 closed at 904 and change today.

In the next 2 months it will rally 20%.
bullet is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 07:45 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
GM has taken in the ass hard the past few days .....
thesource is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 AM
LUCIFER
 
bjtheman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aubrey
Posts: 5,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource
GM has taken in the ass hard the past few days .....

I picked up GM weeks ago when it was at $6.60 share, yep...I took a loss

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED


bjtheman1 is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
I think you will see some bounce once the government steps in and provides loans to the auto industry . Obama won a large portion of his votes from the Auto workers union so he's got a few obligations to take care when it comes to paying back those voters for their support .
thesource is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Do you need an intern? And before you ask no I don't have tits or a nice ass.
But you can damn sure pull a long train, right?

Casper is offline  
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Lifer
 
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DFW
Posts: 13,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1
I picked up GM weeks ago when it was at $6.60 share, yep...I took a loss
short sell FTW!! GM isnt going anywhere though it may take some time but it will be back up. Atleast thats what i think anyways

98 Brokra
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ is offline  
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Good Lord at the posts in here.
slow99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome