You know that $143Billion to save AIG - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

You know that $143Billion to save AIG

It might been for nothing. The company is bleeding so bad, that it will sure need more and more $Billions. Lube the 'ol hole.

Quote:
A number of financial experts now fear that the federal government's $143 billion attempt to rescue troubled insurance giant American International Group may not work, and some argue that company shareholders and taxpayers would have been better served by a bankruptcy filing.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Lifer

Wow, what a waste

Working on my project Stang
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Censored

Wow I am glad that they only own a part of the company I work for. So where will all the money WE gave them go if the go bankrupt anyway?

Doors Done Rite

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5point0pony
Wow, what a waste
Ha.

Haha.

Hahaha.

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 AM
PAN

Boy, sure is nice to know that our governemntal auditors looked so deeply into this before jumping.

As for the money, it will go straight into the "vacation in some third world country" fund operated by those who ran the company into the ground to begin with...
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 AM
ebay pimp

After Congress passed the bailout, but before the checks started to be printed, the affected banks set aside a cummulative $20 billion for executive bonuses.

The same executives who put these companies in a position of bankrupcy, are reward with millions of dollars each. If you ask me, these executives should have been fired for malfeasance, with zero severance, and tried as criminals.

The governemt has already tacitly admitted the bailout will cost 2-3 trillion dollars. I think it could hit 4-5 trillion dollars.

As Ron Paul said, the bailout was "the largest robbery in history".

Last edited by White trash wagon; 11-03-2008 at 07:20 AM.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 07:23 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I think they need another corporate retreat to think this through.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Time Served

They are all crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
After Congress passed the bailout, but before the checks started to be printed, the affected banks set aside a cummulative $20 billion for executive bonuses.

The same executives who put these companies in a position of bankrupcy, are reward with millions of dollars each. If you ask me, these executives should have been fired for malfeasance, with zero severance, and tried as criminals.

The governemt has already tacitly admitted the bailout will cost 2-3 trillion dollars. I think it could hit 4-5 trillion dollars.

As Ron Paul said, the bailout was "the largest robbery in history".

Instead of the Gov. giving the Trillions for the bailout of Corporate America I think they should have given 3 million to each Man, Woman & Child in the US and held out the S.S. and W/H and year end taxes on each Person before it was sent out. That way the Gov. would instantly be in good shape, S.S. would be in good shape, everyone would most likely go out and buy new homes thus putting the housing market back in tip top shape, new & used cars would fly off the car lots thus putting all the car makers back in the swing. People would start to buy stock again. People would buy more groceries for their table so farmers would be put back to work. The list of things that would pick up could go on & on. To me that would have been the true trickle up effect! Then I could have been voted Pres. LOL:
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss D
Instead of the Gov. giving the Trillions for the bailout of Corporate America I think they should have given 3 million to each Man, Woman & Child in the US and held out the S.S. and W/H and year end taxes on each Person before it was sent out. That way the Gov. would instantly be in good shape, S.S. would be in good shape, everyone would most likely go out and buy new homes thus putting the housing market back in tip top shape, new & used cars would fly off the car lots thus putting all the car makers back in the swing. People would start to buy stock again. People would buy more groceries for their table so farmers would be put back to work. The list of things that would pick up could go on & on. To me that would have been the true trickle up effect! Then I could have been voted Pres. LOL:
Back to the kitchen.

post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 AM
duh...duh....duh

We would've been better off if they went bankrupt? Duh.

Bonuses to the loser execs? I concur, completely out in left field.

My '03 Sold.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Time Served

No way will I stay in kitchen, that is what is wrong with corporate world, too many woman & men staying in their own little world and not paying attention to what is going on outside of their own little piece of the world and letting fools take advantage of us. "Take advantage of us once, shame on them," " twice shame on us," thousands of times as we have been taken advantage of and look where we wind up in the septic tank. Not so funny is it now.

Last edited by Miss D; 11-03-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Left out part
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
No way, that is what is wrong with corporate world, too many woman & men staying in their own little world and not paying attention to what is going on outside of their own little piece of the world and letting fools take advantage of us. "Take advantage of us once, shame on them," " twice shame on us," thousands of times as we have been taken advantage of and look where we wind up in the septic tank. Not so funny is it now.
Do you get taken advantage of often?

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:29 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
No way, that is what is wrong with corporate world, too many woman & men staying in their own little world and not paying attention to what is going on outside of their own little piece of the world and letting fools take advantage of us. "Take advantage of us once, shame on them," " twice shame on us," thousands of times as we have been taken advantage of and look where we wind up in the septic tank. Not so funny is it now.
Learn a lesson:

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Time Served

Heck no, This gal can take care of herself. I just call thing as I see them.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Heck no, This gal can take care of herself. I just call thing as I see them.
So you see things as we call can get 3 mill from the guberment? Where exactly would 3 mil per person come from? Have YOU paid 3 million in taxes over your LIFETIME?
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Resident Epicurean

Jesus Christ. And people wonder why women had no rights....
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:

And we could your face on the $1 trillion dollar note. That way everyone can remember what you look like when they have to pull 3 of them out of their wallet to buy a loaf of bread.

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Time Served

Now don't get tacky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
Learn a lesson:

I've always heard that a picture is worth a thousand words and that picture says someone just might be a brick shy a full load
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Time Served

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97
And we could your face on the $1 trillion dollar note. That way everyone can remember what you look like when they have to pull 3 of them out of their wallet to buy a loaf of bread.

You missed the whole point it would be better to give the money to people that would spend it and put it back into our economy than to put in the hands of those people that would just give themselves big bonuses and then go bankrucpt anyway like I think AIG will do.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 10:43 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
You missed the whole point it would be better to give the money to people that would spend it and put it back into our economy than to put in the hands of those people that would just give themselves big bonuses and then go bankrucpt anyway like I think AIG will do.
...so giving away 143 billion dollars so we can all buy rims for our escalades and shit be dope y'all!
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 AM
$uper $low

Quote:
I think there's a point you're missing. . . .
Where is the money coming from? It's like an advanced loan for your grand kids to pay back. . . . . . .. ..
I don't smell my chicken pot pie yet, so you better get your ass back in the kitchen and finish it. Oh, and the dishes.

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:

post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Time Served

Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
So you see things as we call can get 3 mill from the guberment? Where exactly would 3 mil per person come from? Have YOU paid 3 million in taxes over your LIFETIME?

Heck no, But my thought makes about as much sense as giving greedy idots billions that will not help our economy one bit. OH IN Case you were wondering I have already voted and I voted McCain Because I do not trust Obama. When he first came out for Pres. I started checking him out because he talked a good game, but boy anyone with a half a brain can see what he is all about!
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:11 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
But my thought makes about as much sense as giving greedy idots billions that will not help our economy one bit.
How do you know it isn't going to help the economy?

post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra

Yeah, AIG's retreat for top earners and huntind expedition stimulated the economy pretty well.... Just stirring the pot.
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Yeah, AIG's retreat for top earners and huntind expedition stimulated the economy pretty well.... Just stirring the pot.
It did for Southern California and Canada (isn't that where they hunted?)

post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
greedy idots
Yeah, greedy idots bug me too.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Time Served

by by baby:

Quote:
I think there's a point you're missing. . . .
Where is the money coming from? It's like an advanced loan for your grand kids to pay back. . . . . . .. ..
I don't smell my chicken pot pie yet, so you better get your ass back in the kitchen and finish it. Oh, and the dishes.

And if anyone ever tried to use that kind of force on me to do anythin he would find himself lying 6" under the cold cold ground. Pour stupid baby? He must have forgot I know how to use three different kinds of firearms.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Time Served

The Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop

Thats what we all do, trying to make people think, but I sometime think it all a lost cause on some
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Time Served

Quote:

Did you hear the news about AIG Today?
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Did you hear the news about AIG Today?
I also heard how the commercial paper market is starting to unfreeze, I noticed treasury yields are declining (good thing) and I've also noticed the dollar has been kicking ass against foreign currencies since the bail out.

Next?

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Worship me

Quote:
And if anyone ever tried to use that kind of force on me to do anythin he would find himself lying 6" under the cold cold ground. Pour stupid baby? He must have forgot I know how to use three different kinds of firearms.
I guess you'll save money on the funeral by digging a hole that shallow.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:

How do you pour a baby? Put it in a blender first?

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Worship me

Quote:
I also heard how the commercial paper market is starting to unfreeze, I noticed treasury yields are declining (good thing) and I've also noticed the dollar has been kicking ass against foreign currencies since the bail out.

Next?
Quote:
I know what you mean about the commercial paper market, we got two cases of 8.5X11" this morning for 30% less than what we paid last month
lmao
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Time Served

The Good News

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
lmao

The good news is always wonderful, like the gas we purchased for $1.91 yesterday. Its just a shame that things had to fall so low and so many billions of dollars had to be poured in to the market, and so many people went broke, before we saw any relief.

And to the gentleman who asked how you pour a baby. Its so easy after the fool undoubles his fists and goes to sleep.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:01 PM
$uper $low

Maybe we can forgive you.... . if you post up some tit pics.
Feel free to pm them to me if you're unsure of wanting everyone to see them.

post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
lmao
FUCKING WOW...
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Maybe we can forgive you.... . if you post up some tit pics.
Feel free to pm them to me if you're unsure of wanting everyone to see them.
its funny how TITTIES can fix everything!!!
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:11 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Thumbs up A post that will live in infamy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I also heard how the commercial paper market is starting to unfreeze, I noticed treasury yields are declining (good thing) and I've also noticed the dollar has been kicking ass against foreign currencies since the bail out
I know what you mean about the commercial paper market, we got two cases of 8.5X11" this morning for 30% less than what we paid last month
lmao
No way.
I refuse to believe that.

Al, please tell me you made that up and she didn't really post (then delete) it. Please.

**shakes head... longs for the good ol' days before women's suffrage**

Holy shit.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:14 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
FUCKING WOW...

Rarely am I speechless, but after reading that all I have is

"............".

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Worship me

She didn't post that, I was making it up.

I could totally see that happening though.
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:16 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:

Thank God.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:18 PM
AHMO!

Quote:

A+ for comedic value for sure.
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 02:33 PM

This thread has me rolling... There's never a dull moment with Al P on the job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement