Joe The Plubmer In Talks For A Record Deal - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Joe The Plubmer In Talks For A Record Deal

LMAO, this election has been a pure circus.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/15072.html

Quote:
Move over, Sanjaya, and tell William Hung the news: Joe the Plumber is being pursued for a major record deal and could come out with a country album as early as Inauguration Day.

“Joe” — aka Samuel Wurzelbacher, a Holland, Ohio, pipe-and-toilet man — just signed with a Nashville public relations and management firm to handle interview requests and media appearances, as well as create new career opportunities, including a shift out of the plumbing trade into stage and studio performances.

On Tuesday, Wurzelbacher joined country music artist and producer Aaron Tippin to form a new partnership that includes booking-management firm Bobby Roberts and publicity-management concern The Press Office to field the multiple media offers he’s received over the past few weeks.

Among the requests: a possible record deal with a major label, personal appearances and corporate sponsorships. A longtime country music fan, Wurzelbacher can sing and “knocks around on guitar” but is not an accomplished musician or songwriter, according to The Press Office’s Jim Della Croce.

“He’s a complicated guy with a very dynamic personality,” Della Croce told Politico. “He can sing and obviously has a strong political point of view.”

The Press Office, a PR firm based in Nashville, Tenn., represents an eclectic array of other clients including country stars John Anderson and the Gatlin Brothers, quirky folk singer Leon Redbone, NASCAR driver Chase Mattioli and animal repellent firm Liquid Fence. The Bobby Roberts Company reps several of the same acts, in addition to Juice Newton, Merle Haggard and Jon Secada.

Wurzelbacher made his auspicious debut earlier this month when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama appeared in “Joe’s” neighborhood and was buttonholed on his tax plan. The media blitz went into high gear after John McCain talked about Wurzelbacher during the last televised presidential debate.

He has since made an appearance on Fox’s weekend variety show starring former presidential aspirant Mike Huckabee, and this week was showcased by McCain in a series of “Joe the Plumber” events.

The new partnership originated on the set of the “Huckabee” show, where Tippin appeared with his band during the same program.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Lifer

He may reach that 250K, 200K, or 150K limit, depending upon who is talking Obama or Biden, after all. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Lifer

I think his 15 minutes is about up. Hope so anyway.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:17 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I think his 15 minutes is about up. Hope so anyway.
Not me. I hope he makes it big.

Funny how dems want to keep ya down and conservatives want everyone to succeed, isn't it?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466

Funny how dems want to keep ya down and conservatives want everyone to succeed, isn't it?
No kidding. They just can't stand it...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Funny how you say dems and conservatives. Keeps it simple, for the short term anyway.

BTW, George Jones just called. Joe the Plumber, Congressman, and Recording Artist has scared him into retirement.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
PAN

George Jones stopped loving you today!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Very nice Mike!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Lifer

Go Joe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 08:11 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Quote:

Easy to see why.
Dems appeal to the poor, get their power from the poor, so it is in their best interest to make sure they stay poor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement