I'm sorry, please forgive me, I was wrong... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I'm sorry, please forgive me, I was wrong...

http://www.spectator.co.uk/melaniephillips/

British columnist Melanie Phillips:

'You have to pinch yourself. A Marxisant radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, worshiped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters, is on the verge of becoming President of the United States. And apparently it's considered impolite to say so.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Time Served

Proof that not all Brits suck!

d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t d f w m u s t a n g s . n e t

fuck canada
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Lifer

Damn, someone who has no stake in the election can see it, but those who should be paying attention as Americans and will vote for him can't?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Lifer

I think thats QOTD worthy.... wow...
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:55 PM
I voted for McCain!!

Looks like 55% of Americans right now are total dumb asses. Really sad.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Jew-hater?! LOL. These people kill me.

I am embarrassed to share the same name as her.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:01 PM

She's basically Ann Coulter with a British accent. Forgive me if I find her opinion as something I will disregard. But in interest of fair play, here is a rif on McCain written Sept. 28th.

"Personally, I have always been uneasy about John McCain. Anyone who endorses, as he does, the man-made global warming scam displays an alarming absence of judgment and common sense. The events of last week also showed a deeply unimpressive side to his character: his panicky attempt to slide out of the TV debate with Obama and his subsequent last-minute reversal of that decision showed lamentable judgment in a crisis."
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Time Served

And the other 55% are all in awe of him like little lambs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time
Looks like 55% of Americans right now are total dumb asses. Really sad.

I just hope they are not being led to a real slaughter.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdem
She's basically Ann Coulter with a British accent. Forgive me if I find her opinion as something I will disregard. But in interest of fair play, here is a rif on McCain written Sept. 28th.

"Personally, I have always been uneasy about John McCain. Anyone who endorses, as he does, the man-made global warming scam displays an alarming absence of judgment and common sense. The events of last week also showed a deeply unimpressive side to his character: his panicky attempt to slide out of the TV debate with Obama and his subsequent last-minute reversal of that decision showed lamentable judgment in a crisis."
Not much pack to that punch, I must say.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:24 PM
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
Jew-hater?! LOL. These people kill me.

I am embarrassed to share the same name as her.
She's probably embarassed women are using their vagina's as a reason to vote against mccain.

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
Not much pack to that punch, I must say.
No, of course not, in the same article she basically said she thought of McCain as the lesser of too evils.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
'You have to pinch yourself. A Marxisant radical who all his life has been mentored by, sat at the feet of, worshiped with, befriended, endorsed the philosophy of, funded and been in turn funded, politically promoted and supported by a nexus comprising black power anti-white racists, Jew-haters, revolutionary Marxists, unrepentant former terrorists and Chicago mobsters, is on the verge of becoming President of the United States. And apparently it's considered impolite to say so.'
Today's challenge for the left wing apologists: Point out one thing that is factually incorrect in this paragraph.

DFWMustangs.net
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
$uper $low

Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenets that said they have a ...

1. Commitment to the White Community
2. Commitment to the White Family
3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic
4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community.
5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

Would you support a President who went to a church like that? Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama's former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside. This kind of church is a racist church... A church can't have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if itʼs a white church or a black church it's still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/melanieph...yourself.thtml

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:

So you take this as an equal to the scalding fact based paragraph as that in the first post? Come on now.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
Today's challenge for the left wing apologists: Point out one thing that is factually incorrect in this paragraph.
Well, I you can't prove a negative. I could never prove he didn't know all of those people. But I would like to point out my favorite part - on the verge of becoming President of the United States.

And to be honest in my life I have also known the following at one time or another:
  • black power anti-white racists
  • Jew-haters
  • Marxists
  • mobsters
  • white power neo-nazi racists
  • felons
  • gays
  • homophobes
  • illegal immigrants
  • hardworking taxpayers
  • real Americans
  • and other assorted fake Americans
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
She's probably embarassed women are using their vagina's as a reason to vote against mccain.
LOL. I never once said that. Someone asked me about the 2nd Amendment and I told them which one was more important to me, NOT my main reason for which candidate I have chosen to vote for. In fact, there isn't just ONE reason, and those 2 are not even on my top 10. Plus, those two issues aren't changing any time soon so there's no reason to even debate the topic.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No, of course not, in the same article she basically said she thought of McCain as the lesser of too evils.
Funny...that's EXACTLY how I see it!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Its not quite as harsh but, I agree with her on that one also...
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:05 PM
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
LOL. I never once said that. Someone asked me about the 2nd Amendment and I told them which one was more important to me, NOT my main reason for which candidate I have chosen to vote for. In fact, there isn't just ONE reason, and those 2 are not even on my top 10. Plus, those two issues aren't changing any time soon so there's no reason to even debate the topic.
Yea, i remember the thread. You had fact thrown up, and like gpamp, completely ignored them.
Female Gpampers?

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well, I you can't prove a negative. I could never prove he didn't know all of those people. But I would like to point out my favorite part - on the verge of becoming President of the United States.

And to be honest in my life I have also known the following at one time or another:
  • black power anti-white racists
  • Jew-haters
  • Marxists
  • mobsters
  • white power neo-nazi racists
  • felons
  • gays
  • homophobes
  • illegal immigrants
  • hardworking taxpayers
  • real Americans
  • and other assorted fake Americans
Have you known them, or been "friendly" with them? Did you asociate with them on boards and write positive reviews of their books? Have you been at social gatherings at their home?

There is a difference between "knowing" these types of people and what Obama has a history of doing, please acknowledge that.

BTW, he is being scrutinized becuase he asked us for our vote, no other reason.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
duh...duh....duh

People hate Bush.

People are going to blow their heads off over Obama, since it is nearly impossible for any one POTUS to live up to what the US needs right now.

My '03 Sold.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
Have you known them, or been "friendly" with them? Did you asociate with them on boards and write positive reviews of their books? Have you been at social gatherings at their home?
I'm happy to take some flaming on this subject. In my line of work, it's nearly impossible to make GOOD things happen to GOOD people without the help of individuals with questionable decisions in their pasts. I work full-time for my money, but I also work on a few global non-profit initiatives, which require close negotiations and "friendliness" with individuals in business and politics across the world. Some of these people are less than respectable - and rightfully so. However, I do it all in the name of the people that I'm working so hard to help. So, I am not of the opinion that because Barack Obama sat on a non-profit board with Williams Ayers, he is disqualified from being president. I know many people in Chicago, and every one of them knows of Williams Ayers and respects the work he's done in the education field. That doesn't mean that his acts during the 60's/70's are okay, but it does mean that I will not condemn anybody for standing by his side now in his fight to educate our children.

Some people believe in forgiveness. And if I'm not mistaken, forgiveness is an important part of Christianity. Granted, I am not a Christian and don't follow any specific church or teachings, but if one is a Christian, would it not mean that forgiveness is okay? Why doesn't that apply to someone like Ayers who turned his life into something good?
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Worship me

Did that dipshit Ayers admit that what he did was wrong? Why would you forgive someone when they don't acknowledge that what they did was wrong?

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weslie
I'm happy to take some flaming on this subject. In my line of work, it's nearly impossible to make GOOD things happen to GOOD people without the help of individuals with questionable decisions in their pasts. I work full-time for my money, but I also work on a few global non-profit initiatives, which require close negotiations and "friendliness" with individuals in business and politics across the world. Some of these people are less than respectable - and rightfully so. However, I do it all in the name of the people that I'm working so hard to help. So, I am not of the opinion that because Barack Obama sat on a non-profit board with Williams Ayers, he is disqualified from being president. I know many people in Chicago, and every one of them knows of Williams Ayers and respects the work he's done in the education field. That doesn't mean that his acts during the 60's/70's are okay, but it does mean that I will not condemn anybody for standing by his side now in his fight to educate our children.

Some people believe in forgiveness. And if I'm not mistaken, forgiveness is an important part of Christianity. Granted, I am not a Christian and don't follow any specific church or teachings, but if one is a Christian, would it not mean that forgiveness is okay? Why doesn't that apply to someone like Ayers who turned his life into something good?
It is not that he sat with Ayers on a board, one time, and without knowledge. It is becuase he went to his apartment, he reviewed his book favorably, and sat on boards with him. It is that POOR JUDGMENT on Obama's part that concerns me. How does his poor judgment to choose to associate with Ayers and a very racist pastor not concern you? Seriously.

I hope you realize your situation is quite different than what Obama did, and it was not some passing association. It has been pretty much proven to all but the most die hard Obama supporters that he lied about his friendship and still does today. There are also reports from the LA Times that he had very nice things to say about a former leader/spokesperson of a radical terror group in 1993, so there may be more coming out soon. They wrote the story but won't relase the video, how convenient, huh?

So you would forgive a person, like Ayers, who has not asked for forgiveness? BTW, it is my opinion that it is not your place to forgive a person who tried to kill others.

How could I forgive the person who tried to kill you and your family? That would be pretty outrageous of me, especially if the guy who did it never asked for forgiveness or acknowledged their crime, don't you think?

I ignored all the talk about Clinton lying and cheating when it came up in '92 and dismissed all that evidence as some crazy right wing conspiracy. I now know it was all true, don't you? I know they are different, but the parallels are eerily similar IMO.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin

There is a difference between "knowing" these types of people and what Obama has a history of doing, please acknowledge that.

BTW, he is being scrutinized becuase he asked us for our vote, no other reason.
I know there is a good reason he is being scrutinized. He does want to be POTUS. I am sure you realized the sarcasm in my post. But really there is now way to go through this world and not meet people that will look bad on our reputation. It isn't who we meet but how they effect us when we cross paths. Too which I imagine almost all of you are screaming, "That's the point!!!"

Have some of the 60's radicals he meet effected his opinions? Yes, but I think saying that Obama is ready to join the Weather Underground is a reach. But you can say those same radicals helped form his view that a progressive income tax is a way to aid the poor.

Has he been impacted by Rev Wright? Yes, but to say he endorses black liberation theology is wrong. You could say Wright helped him understand what is like to be a black man in Chicago who didn't go to Harvard. And that view gives him a perspective he didn't have before.

If it were possible today for a reasonable discussion of the character and issues that would be great. Then maybe we could reason this all out. understand how a guy could be friend with someone like Ayers. But in the age we live in it doesn't happen. Surely you have met someone who was convicted of a crime, maybe a felony for drugs. That individual probably didn't say up front he/she was a felon. You saw that person in one light. They probably told you later and you thought to yourself, "Wow, I never would have thought that." Sure you look at them a little differently but you also know them as more than a 2 dimensional stereotype. You probably accept their past as being a different light and not who they are now. (Now you probably saying, "but what if they were still using?" And you'd be right there and show the limits of hypothetical examples. But I think you get the idea.) From the outside some would say how can you know a what-ever. And it is hard to explain that the person you know isn't the person they expect. I don't know if this could apply to Ayers, Wright, etc. But I do know in our current media enviroment we never will.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Worship me

Meeting a convicted felon is a little different than befriending a guy who makes a political statement with an explosive device. It's also a little different than going to a church, for decades, where the pastor holds views so radical that they are considered to be absurd. Not to mention have that same pastor perform marriage and baptism ceremonies. The guy actually stood up and said AIDS was invented by the government to kill blacks. Was Obama there and just shaking his head and nodding along?

It's not the association with these people that disturbs me, its the complacency. I don't see anything wrong with holding a potential leader of this country to a high standard.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 04:45 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weslie

Just because I may forgive someone doesn't mean I open myself up to be fucked over again. Forgiveness is granted at arms length.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I know there is a good reason he is being scrutinized. He does want to be POTUS. I am sure you realized the sarcasm in my post. But really there is now way to go through this world and not meet people that will look bad on our reputation. It isn't who we meet but how they effect us when we cross paths. Too which I imagine almost all of you are screaming, "That's the point!!!"
I didn't catch the sarcasm, guess my detector was off. Do you seriously think meeting someone who made a mistake and admitted the mistake is the same as what Obama did with Ayers, Wright, and all the others? Come on now.

Quote:
Have some of the 60's radicals he meet effected his opinions? Yes, but I think saying that Obama is ready to join the Weather Underground is a reach. But you can say those same radicals helped form his view that a progressive income tax is a way to aid the poor.
No one said he wanted to be a member, but he sure wanted the leader of the group to endorse and give his blessing to his candidacy when he began. He sought out the endorsement/assistance of a guy who never asked for forgiveness and actually thought he did not do enough to end the war. Did not do enough by bombing judges houses (with children aslepp), governbmnet buildings, and anyone who opposed his views.

He sat by and listened to a pastor spew hate for the country he wants to lead and then got married by him, had him baptize his children, and then had him as an advisor at his announcement to run for POTUS.

This is the person who wants to lead my country. How can you not question his ability to lead the country with his history.

Quote:
Has he been impacted by Rev Wright? Yes, but to say he endorses black liberation theology is wrong. You could say Wright helped him understand what is like to be a black man in Chicago who didn't go to Harvard. And that view gives him a perspective he didn't have before.
So he joined a church that advocated black theology but he didn't endorse it's ideas? What the hell was he doing for 20 years listening to the sermons then?

Do you really see how idiotic that logic is? He joined a church and didn't believe in it? Come on now.

BTW, if some terrible person had been a member in the same church, and not he pastor, we would not be having this discussion.

Quote:
If it were possible today for a reasonable discussion of the character and issues that would be great. Then maybe we could reason this all out. understand how a guy could be friend with someone like Ayers. But in the age we live in it doesn't happen. Surely you have met someone who was convicted of a crime, maybe a felony for drugs. That individual probably didn't say up front he/she was a felon. You saw that person in one light. They probably told you later and you thought to yourself, "Wow, I never would have thought that." Sure you look at them a little differently but you also know them as more than a 2 dimensional stereotype. You probably accept their past as being a different light and not who they are now. (Now you probably saying, "but what if they were still using?" And you'd be right there and show the limits of hypothetical examples. But I think you get the idea.) From the outside some would say how can you know a what-ever. And it is hard to explain that the person you know isn't the person they expect. I don't know if this could apply to Ayers, Wright, etc. But I do know in our current media enviroment we never will.
I will bet you $100 that you won't find out that I had gone into people's homes, been friendly with, or sat on boards with people who had tried to kill innocent people or who hated this country. I bet you won't find racist pastors who also hates this country in the churches I have belonged to or currently belong to. You know why you won't find out I did those things Obama did? Because I know who I associate with and I am responsible for my actions.

I don't think it is so unreasonable to think Obama is not fit to be President based upon his poor judgment and the people he has chosen to associate with.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:09 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenets that said they have a ...
Would you support a President who went to a church like that? Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama's former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside. This kind of church is a racist church... A church can't have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if itʼs a white church or a black church it's still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.

[/url]

Lol! White Power!

Clayton Bigsby - Click here for more amazing videos

Last edited by Fox466; 10-28-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement