Palin 0; Fruit Flies 1 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Palin 0; Fruit Flies 1

Yet another reason Palin is not only the worst choice McCain could've made. Not to mention, she'd be a dangerous back-step in society.

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/contributors/1820

To sum up the article, she gave a speech about how she wants to put our money to better use. She said she wants us to put more money into kids with special needs. Then she made fun of France for spending a ton of money on researching fruit flies. (What France has to do with our spending, I have no clue) Then, not 30 min. later, reports came out that studying fruit flies won some people a nobel prize for what it did for understanding birth defects.

If they would've used some of that Barbie Palin Doll money to get some scientific advisors, they might've avoided such... pardon the pun... retarded speak, coming from the potential leader of the free (for now) world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 12:55 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Yet another reason Palin is not only the worst choice McCain could've made. Not to mention, she'd be a dangerous back-step in society.

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/contributors/1820

To sum up the article, she gave a speech about how she wants to put our money to better use. She said she wants us to put more money into kids with special needs. Then she made fun of France for spending a ton of money on researching fruit flies. (What France has to do with our spending, I have no clue) Then, not 30 min. later, reports came out that studying fruit flies won some people a nobel prize for what it did for understanding birth defects.

If they would've used some of that Barbie Palin Doll money to get some scientific advisors, they might've avoided such... pardon the pun... retarded speak, coming from the potential leader of the free (for now) world.
here we troll again.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:13 AM
Banned

18 billion...what is that? 1/600th of the budget? What was the percentage of the money she spent on clothing during her candidacy as VP?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Lifer

Part of me agrees that Palin made a foolish mistake, but the other part wonders what satisfaction you really get from post each and every single gaffe you can find?

I used to do the same with Bushisms. It got boring and I realized it didn't really serve to advance my position on the subject of politics.

I could sit here and make a Joe Biden collage of all his stupid off-hand remarks. It wouldn't really do anything of value except get a quick chuckle from somebody.

We could do this all day long, but how boring would that be. They all make idiot remarks and on a regular basis.

Remember Biden's comment about Obama being "clean"? He took a lot of heat over that slip of the tongue.

If you want to talk about the prize winner of stupid comments. How about Biden recent blunder with him making a statement that directly conflicts Obama's position on supporting clean coal in America. Clean coal has been something Obama has supported and even endorsed in the debates. Clean coal is on Obama's website under his energy plan.

Joe Biden on the campaign trail saying no clean coal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Part of me agrees that Palin made a foolish mistake, but the other part wonders what satisfaction you really get from post each and every single gaffe you can find?

I used to do the same with Bushisms. It got boring and I realized it didn't really serve to advance my position on the subject of politics.

I could sit here and make a Joe Biden collage of all his stupid off-hand remarks. It wouldn't really do anything of value except get a quick chuckle from somebody.

We could do this all day long, but how boring would that be. They all make idiot remarks and on a regular basis.

Remember Biden's comment about Obama being "clean"? He took a lot of heat over that slip of the tongue.

If you want to talk about the prize winner of stupid comments. How about Biden recent blunder with him making a statement that directly conflicts Obama's position on supporting clean coal in America. Clean coal has been something Obama has supported and even endorsed in the debates. Clean coal is on Obama's website under his energy plan.

Joe Biden on the campaign trail saying no clean coal.

You know... that one is more than a gaffe.

It's part of what really scares people about Palin. Biden throws out dumb stuff like Bush did. Palin has this "tra la la" attitude that makes her seem like she's about 10,000 leagues out of her own.

Not to mention, if you listen to the clip of her speaking, the way she makes fun of the study makes it sound like she just doesn't think scientists are good for anything. Almost like she wants to make the Bible the new science book in schools. It's really scary.

I know you've made this turnover by voting Republican. And I realize part of that is being over-the-top apologetic for Sarah Palin. But seriously. The 1 1/2 year she's put in as Governer of the least populated state has not prepared her for this. She does not have the experience, mentally. You can say "oh yeah? What about Obama's experience??" But you can't honestly look at Palin & Obama together and think that she'd be a good president. If you can, you've drank some kind of kool-aid.

Like when she was on Hannity. She was defending her really expensive clothes. She went into this "If people only knew. I shop at a resale shop called Out of the Closet. And get my shoes at..." etc. And Hannity kept laughing and saying "ha! yeah!" I had to urk a little at his willingness to believe whatever comes out her mouth, and his attempt at propaganda for the party. At least when Olbermann does it for the left, he uses provable facts.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:23 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Holy fucking shit! It is freakin fruit flies! Who gives a shit....
I care more about the economy, my families safety, and my children's future!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Y

I know you've made this turnover by voting Republican. And I realize part of that is being over-the-top apologetic for Sarah Palin. But seriously. The 1 1/2 year she's put in as Governer of the least populated state has not prepared her for this. She does not have the experience, mentally. You can say "oh yeah? What about Obama's experience??" But you can't honestly look at Palin & Obama together and think that she'd be a good president. If you can, you've drank some kind of kool-aid.

Like when she was on Hannity. She was defending her really expensive clothes. She went into this "If people only knew. I shop at a resale shop called Out of the Closet. And get my shoes at..." etc. And Hannity kept laughing and saying "ha! yeah!" I had to urk a little at his willingness to believe whatever comes out her mouth, and his attempt at propaganda for the party. At least when Olbermann does it for the left, he uses provable facts.
I would have voted for a centrist Democrat, if one existed. McCain was closer towards the center than Obama. Well, Obama isn't anywhere near the center. He was ranked the most liberal Senator in the Senate in 2007. That explains that.

I don't think Palin is the ideal candidate for VP. I do, however, understand the motivations for selecting her and the timing behind it. It was to try and capture some or all of the angry female voters that felt disenfranchised when Hillary lost to Obama. And it worked, initially. There was a boost in the polls for the McCain camp. It has since dropped because when she is in an unscripted interview she seems unprepared and uniformed. That's what's killing us right now IMO. However, I DO NOT feel that she is incompetent. She's a bright woman that has been thrust into the spotlight and I think she is feeling very overwhelmed. Her life changed dramatically on August 29. Becoming an international figure overnight is quite a change in lifestyle. I'm not a sexist, nor a fatalist. I think she would do well enough and put forth the effort to learn the role. I don't think she would be complacent. I respect her and I think she has accomplished a lot in her life. I think you could do worse than Sarah Palin.

As to her experience...I don't see how journalist, city council, Mayor, and Governor makes her unqualified? And Wyoming is the least populated state, not Alaska. I didn't realize state population was a variable in this debate. So, by your logic. The Governors (Democrat or Republic/Male or Female) of Wyoming, Vermont, and North Dakota would not be qualified to run for VP. Those are states that have less population than Alaska.

How does less than 4 years in the Senate make Obama supremely qualified? Or launching your Presidential campaign just 25 months after being sworn into the Senate? How is being brazen and overly ambitious translate to having tenure?

It's an endless debate. All you can do is vote for the candidate you believe will best represent your interests and hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
As opposed to the world that Barack is proposing in his Robin Hood style tax plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
18 billion...what is that? 1/600th of the budget? What was the percentage of the money she spent on clothing during her candidacy as VP?
You dumb fuck. She did not spend the money. The party spent the money. Further more, she's stated that once this thing is over with, the clothes will be donated to charity -- auctioned off if she has her way.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 AM
BANNED

Quote:
The 1 1/2 year she's put in as Governer of the least populated state has not prepared her for this. She does not have the experience, mentally. You can say "oh yeah? What about Obama's experience??" But you can't honestly look at Palin & Obama together and think that she'd be a good president. If you can, you've drank some kind of kool-aid.
Well if she is too inexperienced to be VICE President, what has Obama accomplished in his couple years as a Senator to give him enouth experience to be THE President? Not trying to start shit, this is a legitimate question. Just because lack of experience wasnt a factor when people were saying Obama had none, but now y'all are using the shit out of that excuse to throw Palin under the bus.......

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
I would have voted for a centrist Democrat, if one existed. McCain was closer towards the center than Obama. Well, Obama isn't anywhere near the center. He was ranked the most liberal Senator in the Senate in 2007. That explains that.

I don't think Palin is the ideal candidate for VP. I do, however, understand the motivations for selecting her and the timing behind it. It was to try and capture some or all of the angry female voters that felt disenfranchised when Hillary lost to Obama. And it worked, initially. There was a boost in the polls for the McCain camp. It has since dropped because when she is in an unscripted interview she seems unprepared and uniformed. That's what's killing us right now IMO. However, I DO NOT feel that she is incompetent. She's a bright woman that has been thrust into the spotlight and I think she is feeling very overwhelmed. Her life changed dramatically on August 29. Becoming an international figure overnight is quite a change in lifestyle. I'm not a sexist, nor a fatalist. I think she would do well enough and put forth the effort to learn the role. I don't think she would be complacent. I respect her and I think she has accomplished a lot in her life. I think you could do worse than Sarah Palin.

As to her experience...I don't see how journalist, city council, Mayor, and Governor makes her unqualified? And Wyoming is the least populated state, not Alaska. I didn't realize state population was a variable in this debate. So, by your logic. The Governors (Democrat or Republic/Male or Female) of Wyoming, Vermont, and North Dakota would not be qualified to run for VP. Those are states that have less population than Alaska.

How does less than 4 years in the Senate make Obama supremely qualified? Or launching your Presidential campaign just 25 months after being sworn into the Senate? How is being brazen and overly ambitious translate to having tenure?

It's an endless debate. All you can do is vote for the candidate you believe will best represent your interests and hope for the best.
The first bold part is what bothers me. When Obama picked Biden, at least he was... as Bush did... picking someone who will actually help him in office, concerning his inexperienced areas. Not to mention, if something happened to Obama, Biden is experienced enough to take the reigns. McCain, at 72, should've been thinking about who would take the lead, just in case, not someone who they can doll up for the cameras to get elected.

I didn't think to check the pop. of Wyomnig. My mistake. I still do not see her as a leader. Of any kind. Even though she's been a Governor for a year and a half, and been a small town mayor, I can't see it. She wasn't a journalist. She has a degree in journalism. But she was a sports reporter. Journalist sounds better, but there is a difference.

The 2nd bold part was a good way to say "lets agree to disagree". I like this kind of interaction better than the name calling of Paladin's sort.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Almost like she wants to make the Bible the new science book in schools. It's really scary.
Holy shit. Pampers are you going off the deep end?

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Token Union Member

We need to treat Gpamp like the annoying kid on the playground. If you just ignore him sooner or later he will get the hint and leave.

I'm sick and tired of these die hard liberals thinking their views are the way to the promise land. I want McCain to win in hopes that maybe a 3rd term Repubican President will drive home the fact that their liberal views are the minority in this country. I think it's time for the die hard liberals to do some soul searching and realize their Utopia candyland only exist in their dreams and on the west coast. God willing I hope California falls into the ocean.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
BANNED

Quote:
The 1 1/2 year she's put in as Governer of the least populated state has not prepared her for this. She does not have the experience, mentally. You can say "oh yeah? What about Obama's experience??" But you can't honestly look at Palin & Obama together and think that she'd be a good president.

Please try to remember, it is OBAMA AND McCAIN running for president not Obama and Palin like all you democrats try and make it.

I'm not voting Palin for president. I am voting for McCain.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Token Union Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289
Please try to remember, it is OBAMA AND McCAIN running for president not Obama and Palin like all you democrats try and make it.

I'm not voting Palin for president. I am voting for McCain.
But but but....your missing the point. McCain is old so he could die and Palin would than be President.

I'd bet some serious coin that Joe Biden would become our 45th President long before McCain died of Natural Causes.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
But but but....your missing the point. McCain is old so he could die and Palin would than be President.

I'd bet some serious coin that Joe Biden would become our 45th President long before McCain died of Natural Causes.
amen brotha
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You know... that one is more than a gaffe.

It's part of what really scares people about Palin. Biden throws out dumb stuff like Bush did. Palin has this "tra la la" attitude that makes her seem like she's about 10,000 leagues out of her own.

Not to mention, if you listen to the clip of her speaking, the way she makes fun of the study makes it sound like she just doesn't think scientists are good for anything. Almost like she wants to make the Bible the new science book in schools. It's really scary.

The guy who believes every lie that comes out of Obama's mouth is upset at people believing Palin? You are a hypocrite and an idiot, you koolaid drinking liberal fool.

Yeah, Olberman is not a complete idiot either who lies and distorts the facts like a pretzel. BTW, I watch his show to see how far the left will go to lie, so I know what he does. The fact that you think he uses facts and tells the truth explains alot about where you get your lies and distortions. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The first bold part is what bothers me. When Obama picked Biden, at least he was... as Bush did... picking someone who will actually help him in office, concerning his inexperienced areas. Not to mention, if something happened to Obama, Biden is experienced enough to take the reigns. McCain, at 72, should've been thinking about who would take the lead, just in case, not someone who they can doll up for the cameras to get elected.

I didn't think to check the pop. of Wyomnig. My mistake. I still do not see her as a leader. Of any kind. Even though she's been a Governor for a year and a half, and been a small town mayor, I can't see it. She wasn't a journalist. She has a degree in journalism. But she was a sports reporter. Journalist sounds better, but there is a difference.

The 2nd bold part was a good way to say "lets agree to disagree". I like this kind of interaction better than the name calling of Paladin's sort.
So the people who think Obama does not have enough epxerience are okay with Palin and the people who think Palin does not have enough experience are okay with Obama? When did you come to realize this amazing fact dude?

I see Palin as a leader and Obama as a political animal of the lowest sort.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probe88LX
Well if she is too inexperienced to be VICE President, what has Obama accomplished in his couple years as a Senator to give him enouth experience to be THE President? Not trying to start shit, this is a legitimate question. Just because lack of experience wasnt a factor when people were saying Obama had none, but now y'all are using the shit out of that excuse to throw Palin under the bus.......
gpamp has been asked this many times, and he refuses to address it. There is no way any rational person can say Palin has no experience to be VP and Obama has enough to be President, but watch him try just like Olberman, Pelosi, Kerry, Dean, and all the other liberals.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
gpamp has been asked this many times, and he refuses to address it. There is no way any rational person can say Palin has no experience to be VP and Obama has enough to be President, but watch him try just like Olberman, Pelosi, Kerry, Dean, and all the other liberals.
You offer nothing to this board.

Your rants sound like angry heavy metal lyrics, and have less than an ounce of truth to them.

(It's fun just slamming your posts without actually responding. I see why you like it)
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Lifer

gpampers - youre really stretching on this one.
NO youre always stretching. That's the problem you don't have a damn thing important to say.
Time to finally add someone to the ignore list.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Your rants sound like angry heavy metal lyrics, and have less than an ounce of truth to them.

(It's fun just slamming your posts without actually responding. I see why you like it)
LOL, are you about to go crazy and call me a child molester again? I see many others thinking like I do about you, so enjoy focusing in on me and ignoring all the others who think you are a lying idiot liberal if that helps you sleep. I am honored you only worry about what I think of you, it reinforces my belief that you know I am right. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 04:05 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:

You saying that someone else offers nothing to this board!? Please, motherfucker! As a matter of fact, I believe you just re-quoted what I said about you last week!

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
$0

A little advice...lay off all the talk about girl's dresses, Joan Rivers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement