Vincent Bugliosi "President Bush is guilty of 1st degree murder" - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Vincent Bugliosi "President Bush is guilty of 1st degree murder"

Ok, I'm a newbie at politics. Explain to me who this guy is and what is his agenda? Just listening to the guy he sounds like some whack job.

Educate me please.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Worship me

Abe Lincoln got a ticket from the fashion police.

True Story.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 06:25 PM
PAN

Vincent Bugliosi just pmed me and said he could kick JKDs ass.

And fuckin' damnit. I was fixing to end it True Story, only when I looked Alan already used it. Damnit!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Lifer

Vincent Bugliosi is actually a brilliant attorney. Most of the what he is referencing is true in terms of discrepancy between US intelligence vs. what the Bush Administration was telling the public at that time. I do think the title of his book is a bit over the top.

He's not a nut case, but he is overzealous. He doesn't subscribe to conspiracy theories and his books are usually based on empirical data. Helter Skelter, Reclaiming History, etc...He has a near perfect prosecution record. He's actually a legal dynamo.

He obviously feels strongly about this issue. Based on his history, it is unlikely he is making anything up. He just is being unnecessarily dramatic in his delivery. He would probably disagree with me. What he is saying has already been established for quite sometime. The US intelligence he is referring to did not suggest or claim that Hussein was an imminent threat. However, the Bush Admin. would get on TV and tell us they were an imminent threat. There was an obvious disparity.

So, there is nothing crazy about his assertions of misleading information. According to the evidence there is a stark contrast in what the intelligence community was saying vs. what Bush and company was telling the general public. What I do disagree with is how loosely he's throwing around the accusation of murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 02:21 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
He obviously feels strongly about this issue. Based on his history, it is unlikely he is making anything up. He just is being unnecessarily dramatic in his delivery. He would probably disagree with me. What he is saying has already been established for quite sometime. The US intelligence he is referring to did not suggest or claim that Hussein was an imminent threat. However, the Bush Admin. would get on TV and tell us they were an imminent threat. There was an obvious disparity.

So, there is nothing crazy about his assertions of misleading information. According to the evidence there is a stark contrast in what the intelligence community was saying vs. what Bush and company was telling the general public. What I do disagree with is how loosely he's throwing around the accusation of murder.
wait so you agree iraq war was wrong? the same war mccain wanted??? could it be light shining thru?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
wait so you agree iraq war was wrong? the same war mccain wanted??? could it be light shining thru?

Keep dreaming, hippie.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
My previous post was just the Democrat in me pointing out the disparities in information from the Bush Administration. We all know now that there were intelligence failures, which precipitated the war in Iraq. I'm not happy with it and neither is the rest of the world. I have always questioned the "imminent threat" rhetoric. Hussein did have WMDs in Iraq, but I don't think we in the states were in imminent danger at that particular time. I do believe that was an exaggeration of the truth.

However, Hussein was a brutal dictator that committed atrocities on his own people. He did have aspirations of becoming a global player. If he would have had more advanced weapons he most likely would have used them at some point. He was a guy that had nothing but hostile antipathy towards American interest. Taking the battle to their front door is better than them taking it to our front door. Our presence in Afghanistan and Iraq has made this country safer to some degree. It has also, in effect, created a lot of resentment and probably bred more insurgency abroad. However, we have not had another 9/11 since and that is a result what our military is doing abroad in regards to terrorism. Since that time our intelligence community has also done an excellent job at thwarting attacks on U.S. soil. And there have been many that have been prevented in the last 7 years.

Being a Democrat I struggle with these issues. I use to be very critical of the Bush Administration. They certainly deserve some of their criticisms, but so does our Democratically controlled U.S. Congress. The disappointment is a two way street. That is if you allow yourself to see the truth and not just want you want to see.

Have you ever examined where you stand politically? Regardless of what party affiliation, there are three primary flavors (types) of people. You have a conservative, a moderate, and a radical point of view. Ideally, it's always nice to be able lean towards the middle ground of an argument. Extremism, whether it be too far to the right or too far to the left are equally dangerous. A nation building neo-con is just as disconcerting as a leftist ACLU attorney fighting for the rights of convicted criminals to get a better cable package or aiding them in suing their victims.

I have a suggestion for you that may help assuage your angst regarding political issues. It is important to gather information from different sources before rushing to judgment. You want to look at things from different angles. It's a challenge, but going against your own inertia is possible. There are no absolute truths, but there is right and wrong. If you start ignoring common sense (or are insane) then you make the leap from reason to extremism or radicalism. Far left liberals and far right conservatives do an excellent job of both ignoring common sense and abandoning reason. The agenda is different, but methodology is the same. Sensationalizing the facts of a story is where we get into trouble. Mainstream media only serves to compound the problem. There is inherent bias in commercial media outlets. You just have try your best to find real info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 08-28-2008 at 08:33 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
My previous post was just the Democrat in me pointing out the disparities in information from the Bush Administration. We all know now that there were intelligence failures, which precipitated the war in Iraq. I'm not happy with it and neither is the rest of the world. I have always questioned the "imminent threat" rhetoric. Hussein did have WMDs in Iraq, but I don't think we in the states were in imminent danger at that particular time. I do believe that was an exaggeration of the truth.

However, Hussein was a brutal dictator that committed atrocities on his own people. He did have aspirations of becoming a global player. If he would have had more advanced weapons he most likely would have used them at some point. He was a guy that had nothing but hostile antipathy towards American interest. Taking the battle to their front door is better than them taking it to our front door. Our presence in Afghanistan and Iraq has made this country safer to some degree. It has also, in effect, created a lot of resentment and probably bred more insurgency abroad. However, we have not had another 9/11 since and that is a result what our military is doing abroad in regards to terrorism. Since that time our intelligence community has also done an excellent job at thwarting attacks on U.S. soil. And there have been many that have been prevented in the last 7 years.

Being a Democrat I struggle with these issues. I use to be very critical of the Bush Administration. They certainly deserve some of their criticisms, but so does our Democratically controlled U.S. Congress. The disappointment is a two way street. That is if you allow yourself to see the truth and not just want you want to see.

Have you ever examined where you stand politically? Regardless of what party affiliation, there are three primary flavors (types) of people. You have a conservative, a moderate, and a radical point of view. Ideally, it's always nice to be able lean towards the middle ground of an argument. Extremism, whether it be too far to the right or too far to the left are equally dangerous. A nation building neo-con is just as disconcerting as a leftist ACLU attorney fighting for the rights of convicted criminals to get a better cable package or aiding them in suing their victims.

I have a suggestion for you that may help assuage your angst regarding political issues. It is important to gather information from different sources before rushing to judgment. You want to look at things from different angles. It's a challenge, but going against your own inertia is possible. There are no absolute truths, but there is right and wrong. If you start ignoring common sense (or are insane) then you make the leap from reason to extremism or radicalism. Far left liberals and far right conservatives do an excellent job of both ignoring common sense and abandoning reason. The agenda is different, but methodology is the same. Sensationalizing the facts of a story is where we get into trouble. Mainstream media only serves to compound the problem. There is inherent bias in commercial media outlets. You just have try your best to find real info.
good post, I am not really a party guy. I try to get as much info on those that run to make a choice on the one that could better help our country. The two running right now are not the answer, i believe both will only bring more problems to the table. while you all might think i am insane or hate mccain because i see signs of a war hunger person, also need to stop and look at his statements and past, and then look at past leaders statements and pasts. you might not like what you see, if you all can get past the known evils to the time before that was known and see how it is easy to overlook the horror that is at your doorstep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement