Payment Plan anyone - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Payment Plan anyone

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/06/wo...ewanted=1&_r=2


Looks like Iraq is flush with cash to the tune of 79 billion. Is it just me or does anyone else think it's time for Iraq to repay the American Tax Payers. The thing that pisses me off the most is the Federal Reserve has paid Iraq over 400 million in interest because of the amount of money Iraq has sitting in our banks. I don't think we should give them a penny in interest for all the things we have done for that country. If they don't want to start writing checks I think at the very least they should only sell their oil to the United States and at a discount rate. I'd be happy with a $20 a barrel discount.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 02:34 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
That 79 Billion is being used to make loans on which the Bank is making money on. Banks don't just let that shit sit there and lose money.

go take a few financial and economic classes...your union rep will let you know where to sign up.
Nate is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
your union rep will let you know where to sign up.

LOL!!!


Entitlement, party of one. Your union table is ready, sir.
bcoop is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
its not the American tax payer they need to pay back, remeber we took out several loans from China to pay for the war, so its china that needs to get payed back!
cannonball996 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
That 79 Billion is being used to make loans on which the Bank is making money on. Banks don't just let that shit sit there and lose money.

go take a few financial and economic classes...your union rep will let you know where to sign up.

I know how Financial Instutions work and have taken plenty of economic classes. I was commenting on the fact that in the big picture America doesn't need Iraq's 10 billion that they have in our banks. In fact we are doing them a favor by providing a safe place for them to store their money.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
I know how Financial Instutions work and have taken plenty of economic classes. I was commenting on the fact that in the big picture America doesn't need Iraq's 10 billion that they have in our banks. In fact we are doing them a favor by providing a safe place for them to store their money.
If only you comprehended how those institutions worked...we provided them safe place...while they provided banks with capital to make loans and thus make a profit and more money for themselved.

I'm commenting on the fact that you still aren't grasping this concept.
Nate is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
If only you comprehended how those institutions worked...we provided them safe place...while they provided banks with capital to make loans and thus make a profit and more money for themselved.

I'm commenting on the fact that you still aren't grasping this concept.

I'm commenting on the fact that we've done plenty for them and it's time to get some payback. Wether it be a check, discounted oil, interest free loans or what ever else the powers at be decide. I'd just like a return on our investment in that country. Or do you think we're the only country that should loan money interest free and provide security and a decent way of life for other countries out of the goodness of our hearts.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:54 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
I'm commenting on the fact that we've done plenty for them and it's time to get some payback. Wether it be a check, discounted oil, interest free loans or what ever else the powers at be decide. I'd just like a return on our investment in that country. Or do you think we're the only country that should loan money interest free and provide security and a decent way of life for other countries out of the goodness of our hearts.
Hey you fucking moron...We got money by using their fucking money...it's not like we just said here's your interest...you dumb fuck learn how a bank works and you will realize the bank came out ahead too...
Nate is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Hey you fucking moron...We got money by using their fucking money...it's not like we just said here's your interest...you dumb fuck learn how a bank works and you will realize the bank came out ahead too...

Last time I checked they wouldn't have 79 billion in the bank if it wasn't for our military and the Good Ole American Tax Payer. This has nothing to do with how banks work. It has everything to do with how Iraq owes us and we deserve some sort of pay back.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
To clerify my position even more. I'd be happy to forgive all the debt to Iraq if from this day forward they were self sustaining and used their own money to rebuild their country. It's kind of like the 16 year old teenager whose dad buys them a sports car. When someone else is paying for it your not going to take care of it as much as if you had to work and pay for it yourself.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:07 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
I wants my reparations! I needs to be 'payed' back!
Fox466 is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
I'll take some and I ain't paying shit back.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
taco dealer
 
midniteblue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
That 79 Billion is being used to make loans on which the Bank is making money on. Banks don't just let that shit sit there and lose money.

go take a few financial and economic classes...your union rep will let you know where to sign up.
LOL!!!

IN YOUR MOMS BUTT,TX

***WTB 6 LUG UNIVERSAL CHEVY/FORD 26" RIMS***

08 AVALANCHE---daily driver
06 SILVERADO Z71--->chillin under the carport
06 NAVIGATOR--->wkend pantie dropper-ON 26" RIMS
04 ESCALADE---->sold
89 MUSTANG GT---> collecting dust w/ a flat slick
06 HUMMER------>9.5 MPG weekend driver
midniteblue5.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome