Payment Plan anyone - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member

Payment Plan anyone

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/06/wo...ewanted=1&_r=2

Looks like Iraq is flush with cash to the tune of 79 billion. Is it just me or does anyone else think it's time for Iraq to repay the American Tax Payers. The thing that pisses me off the most is the Federal Reserve has paid Iraq over 400 million in interest because of the amount of money Iraq has sitting in our banks. I don't think we should give them a penny in interest for all the things we have done for that country. If they don't want to start writing checks I think at the very least they should only sell their oil to the United States and at a discount rate. I'd be happy with a $20 a barrel discount.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 02:34 PM
AHMO!

That 79 Billion is being used to make loans on which the Bank is making money on. Banks don't just let that shit sit there and lose money.

go take a few financial and economic classes...your union rep will let you know where to sign up.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
your union rep will let you know where to sign up.

LOL!!!

Entitlement, party of one. Your union table is ready, sir.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Lifer

its not the American tax payer they need to pay back, remeber we took out several loans from China to pay for the war, so its china that needs to get payed back!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member

Quote:
That 79 Billion is being used to make loans on which the Bank is making money on. Banks don't just let that shit sit there and lose money.

go take a few financial and economic classes...your union rep will let you know where to sign up.

I know how Financial Instutions work and have taken plenty of economic classes. I was commenting on the fact that in the big picture America doesn't need Iraq's 10 billion that they have in our banks. In fact we are doing them a favor by providing a safe place for them to store their money.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
I know how Financial Instutions work and have taken plenty of economic classes. I was commenting on the fact that in the big picture America doesn't need Iraq's 10 billion that they have in our banks. In fact we are doing them a favor by providing a safe place for them to store their money.
If only you comprehended how those institutions worked...we provided them safe place...while they provided banks with capital to make loans and thus make a profit and more money for themselved.

I'm commenting on the fact that you still aren't grasping this concept.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member

Quote:
If only you comprehended how those institutions worked...we provided them safe place...while they provided banks with capital to make loans and thus make a profit and more money for themselved.

I'm commenting on the fact that you still aren't grasping this concept.

I'm commenting on the fact that we've done plenty for them and it's time to get some payback. Wether it be a check, discounted oil, interest free loans or what ever else the powers at be decide. I'd just like a return on our investment in that country. Or do you think we're the only country that should loan money interest free and provide security and a decent way of life for other countries out of the goodness of our hearts.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:54 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
I'm commenting on the fact that we've done plenty for them and it's time to get some payback. Wether it be a check, discounted oil, interest free loans or what ever else the powers at be decide. I'd just like a return on our investment in that country. Or do you think we're the only country that should loan money interest free and provide security and a decent way of life for other countries out of the goodness of our hearts.
Hey you fucking moron...We got money by using their fucking money...it's not like we just said here's your interest...you dumb fuck learn how a bank works and you will realize the bank came out ahead too...
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member

Quote:
Hey you fucking moron...We got money by using their fucking money...it's not like we just said here's your interest...you dumb fuck learn how a bank works and you will realize the bank came out ahead too...

Last time I checked they wouldn't have 79 billion in the bank if it wasn't for our military and the Good Ole American Tax Payer. This has nothing to do with how banks work. It has everything to do with how Iraq owes us and we deserve some sort of pay back.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member

To clerify my position even more. I'd be happy to forgive all the debt to Iraq if from this day forward they were self sustaining and used their own money to rebuild their country. It's kind of like the 16 year old teenager whose dad buys them a sports car. When someone else is paying for it your not going to take care of it as much as if you had to work and pay for it yourself.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:07 PM
PAN

I wants my reparations! I needs to be 'payed' back!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I'll take some and I ain't paying shit back.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
taco dealer

Quote:

LOL!!!

IN YOUR MOMS BUTT,TX

***WTB 6 LUG UNIVERSAL CHEVY/FORD 26" RIMS***

08 AVALANCHE---daily driver
06 SILVERADO Z71--->chillin under the carport
06 NAVIGATOR--->wkend pantie dropper-ON 26" RIMS
04 ESCALADE---->sold
89 MUSTANG GT---> collecting dust w/ a flat slick
06 HUMMER------>9.5 MPG weekend driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement