Iran keeps asking for it! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
07 TBSS

Iran keeps asking for it!

http://www.star-telegram.com/279/story/786760.html

"The West wanted us to stop," Ahmadinejad was quoted as telling the scholars. "We resisted, and now they want to resume negotiations."

Confusion clouded media reports about the actual number Ahmadinejad cited. One Iranian news agency quoted him as saying Iran had 6,000 centrifuges working, before taking the report off its Web site. Another said he referred to "hundreds and thousands" of centrifuges.

As its been stated before, we know he's just trying to buy time. However(I could be wrong) this is the first time I've seen him publicly state thats just what he's doing.

In theory, 6,000 centrifuges running continuously can produce enough weapons-grade uranium for one bomb in six months.

If there's good intel on this # I can assure somethin will go down right before or at the end of bush's term.

07 TBSS mods inc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Censored

Didn't really know wtf you need centrifuges for, but I found a good link.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/uranium-centrifuge.htm

Think that would change the way people vote?

Doors Done Rite
post #3 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Out

Diplomacy at its finest, I tell ya!!! When are the Obama/Pelosi-led Liberals going to realize that there is no room for diplomacy with savages?

post #4 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Diplomacy at its finest, I tell ya!!! When are the Obama/Pelosi-led Liberals going to realize that there is no room for diplomacy with savages?
When? About the same time the mushroom cloud dissipates...

With those two leading congress, we'll be under nuclear attack, while paying $7 a gallon for gas.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Out

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut

With those two leading congress, we'll be under nuclear attack, while paying $7 a gallon for gas.
But every free-loaded will have health insurance!!!!!
post #6 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
But every free-loaded will have health insurance!!!!!
I hope it covers "radiation exposure".

post #7 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:22 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Frankly I don't think Ahmadinejad wants to negotiate with the Bush administration but wants to wait for the next administration. They obviously want Obama but I think they MIGHT be willing to work with McCain. But then Ahmadinejad is a fucking nutcase. I think there is a good chance the Ayatollah will off his ass before the end of the year.

Remember, Ahmadinejad is not the end all be all top dude of Iran.

As should be obvious, Ahmadinejad is a liar to begin with. He is talking shit like Saddam did before we offed his ass. However, IMO, invading Iran is out of the question. Iran has a nationalistic pride despite Ahmadinejad's domestic policies. (he has run their economy into the ground) Many of the people would be fine with some sort of regime change, but ONLY at their own hands. All we need to do is keep funding and LOYALLY supporting an insurgency within IRAN.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #8 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Lifer

There is no need for a ground invasion of Iran. Simply take out their Achilles heel, i.e. their water supplies, and they'll see the light very quickly. Nationalism will quickly fade as the once proud Iranian populace begins to die of thirst.

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 07-28-2008 at 10:02 AM.
post #9 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Worship me

Quote:
About ten seconds after they realize a couple hundred thousand people have been vaporized.
post #10 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:02 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
However, IMO, invading Iran is out of the question. Iran has a nationalistic pride despite Ahmadinejad's domestic policies. (he has run their economy into the ground) Many of the people would be fine with some sort of regime change, but ONLY at their own hands. All we need to do is keep funding and LOYALLY supporting an insurgency within IRAN.
My guess is that there are boots (sandals?) on the ground over there right now working toward doing just that. I also agree that an invasion of iran is a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
There is no need for a ground invasion of Iran. Simply take our their Achilles heel, i.e. their water supplies, and they'll see the light very quickly. Nationalism will quickly fade as the once proud Iranian populace begins to die of thirst.
and i'll also bet that there are people looking at all sorts of plans along this angle; disrupt food/water/power/economy to begin a push for regime change.

Like others I also believe that if anything is going to happen it'll happen before bush walks.
post #11 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Worship me

Quote:
There is no need for a ground invasion of Iran. Simply take our their Achilles heel, i.e. their water supplies, and they'll see the light very quickly. Nationalism will quickly fade as the once proud Iranian populace begins to die of thirst.
I've said this all along. No reason to occupy Iran, just bomb it. Their air force is a joke. They'll send some republican guard and their civilian suicide bomb army across the border into Iraq. Just make sure they have a good reception waiting.
post #12 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:57 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I've said this all along. No reason to occupy Iran, just bomb it. Their air force is a joke. They'll send some republican guard and their civilian suicide bomb army across the border into Iraq. Just make sure they have a good reception waiting.

Based on known facts, I would have to agree.

However there have been intelligence reports that they are covertly upgrading to SU-30's. Deliveries supposedly started back at the end of 2007. However this intelligence was from Israel. I consider Israeli intelligence on Iran to be suspect. It is in Israel's interests to goad us into attacking Iran.

I'm more concerned with their AA and anti ship abilities. They have a pretty large amount of Silkworms. Those COULD be used to take out a carrier IF they overwhelm the defense systems. They could also end all oil transport in the Gulf if they wanted to. Just the threat would stop shipping.

Iran's AA ordinance is pretty significant but we all know they would have a lot of difficulty using it against the B2 and F117. Some of that AA ordinance is pretty old too so they would have difficulty against the ECM tactics from more advanced craft like the Super Hornet or even the F-15E.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #13 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Based on known facts, I would have to agree.

However there have been intelligence reports that they are covertly upgrading to SU-30's. Deliveries supposedly started back at the end of 2007. However this intelligence was from Israel. I consider Israeli intelligence on Iran to be suspect. It is in Israel's interests to goad us into attacking Iran.

I'm more concerned with their AA and anti ship abilities. They have a pretty large amount of Silkworms. Those COULD be used to take out a carrier IF they overwhelm the defense systems. They could also end all oil transport in the Gulf if they wanted to. Just the threat would stop shipping.

Iran's AA ordinance is pretty significant but we all know they would have a lot of difficulty using it against the B2 and F117. Some of that AA ordinance is pretty old too so they would have difficulty against the ECM tactics from more advanced craft like the Super Hornet or even the F-15E.
Meh, the threat of ending shipping didn't work for them the last time. Some of their stuff looks good on paper, that is about it.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #14 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Lifer

the US does not have the money or the man power to do anything about Iran, other then a few air strikes. I would play hard ball on this with NATO and Europe, after all any Iranian strike is going to have more of an impact on Europe then the US. let Europe pay the tab on this one (their money is stronger anyway) or if they dont want to pay, they can send troops.

If not then we would have to strike some sort of deal with China, because there is no one else
post #15 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996
the US does not have the money or the man power to do anything about Iran, other then a few air strikes. I would play hard ball on this with NATO and Europe, after all any Iranian strike is going to have more of an impact on Europe then the US. let Europe pay the tab on this one (their money is stronger anyway) or if they dont want to pay, they can send troops.

If not then we would have to strike some sort of deal with China, because there is no one else
The only one talking about doing anything other than airstrikes are the idiots like Obama who want to talk about manpower and how we have committed everything to Iraq in order to make it a political issue. That's a lot of smokescreen bullshit.
post #16 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Lifer

to beat Iran you are going to need a million men, and 2 trillion dollors.
post #17 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Lifer

No need to beat them or occupy them, just take away their nuclear capabilities
post #18 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Token Union Member

Quote:
Two well placed nuclear bombs would love to have a debate with you.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #19 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Worship me

Quote:
You got that right, it only took 100,000 to invade and occupy Iraq. We'll need ten times as many!! And free balloons on Tuesday.
post #20 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You got that right, it only took 100,000 to invade and occupy Iraq. We'll need ten times as many!! And free balloons on Tuesday.

lmao
post #21 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
actually I believe we used more then 500,000 in Iraq, when you calculate the entire international force, and supporting man power. and this was a contained war (only faught with in the borders of one country), we know Iran opperates outside their borders, so this war would be faught through out the middle east.

we could just do what Clinton did, and everytime one of our enemies build a bomb we blow it up with an air strike. but that solves nothing
post #22 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:30 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Frankly I don't think Ahmadinejad wants to negotiate with the Bush administration but wants to wait for the next administration. They obviously want Obama but I think they MIGHT be willing to work with McCain. But then Ahmadinejad is a fucking nutcase. I think there is a good chance the Ayatollah will off his ass before the end of the year.

Remember, Ahmadinejad is not the end all be all top dude of Iran.

As should be obvious, Ahmadinejad is a liar to begin with. He is talking shit like Saddam did before we offed his ass. However, IMO, invading Iran is out of the question. Iran has a nationalistic pride despite Ahmadinejad's domestic policies. (he has run their economy into the ground) Many of the people would be fine with some sort of regime change, but ONLY at their own hands. All we need to do is keep funding and LOYALLY supporting an insurgency within IRAN.
Would have been done by now if it was going to happen.

post #23 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Musician for the deaf

A Russian airbase in a strategic position could change the whole scenario.

Fortunately they are historical rivals, with Iran having a warm water port into the Indian.
post #24 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:32 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Ahmadinejad and Bush... cage match.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #25 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Worship me

Quote:
actually I believe we used more then 500,000 in Iraq, when you calculate the entire international force, and supporting man power. and this was a contained war (only faught with in the borders of one country), we know Iran opperates outside their borders, so this war would be faught through out the middle east.

we could just do what Clinton did, and everytime one of our enemies build a bomb we blow it up with an air strike. but that solves nothing
And we all know none of those people already in place could help with a war in Iran. We'd obviously have to have duplicate efforts.

Really, no one has said anything about invading Iran on foot. No one. Except for the politicians who want to scare the sheep.
post #26 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
post #27 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Lifer

we cant divert all the troops from Iraq to Iran, then we would loose Iraq

if we dont get rid of the problem its going to bite us in the ass! sure airstrikes are good, but they can only do so much, sooner or later they will have a bomb
post #28 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
"Dubya" would whup his ass like he owed him money...

post #29 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:

if we dont get rid of the problem its going to bite us in the ass! sure airstrikes are good, but they can only do so much, sooner or later they will have a bomb
They'll have a bomb after Obama gets elected and he talks with them. Ahmadinejad will tell Obama what he wants to hear and all will be well....according to Obama. Meanwhile, Iran is stock-piling weapons.

The future looks bright for the US.
post #30 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper
They'll have a bomb after Obama gets elected and he talks with them. Ahmadinejad will tell Obama what he wants to hear and all will be well....according to Obama. Meanwhile, Iran is stock-piling weapons.

The future looks bright for the US.
Are you talking about Jimmy Carter? Wait a second damn it!!
post #31 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Where is Comedy Central's Celebrity Death Match when you need it?
post #32 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut

And when another terrorist attack happens the Dems will blame Bush and his policies for making the peace loving Muslims, Iranians and all the terrorists hate us.

It will be everyone's fault but the Dems, that is for sure.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #33 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Didn't people say that about Iraq in the first gulf war?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #34 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Who said anything about having soldiers on the ground in Iran? If we had not had to kill/capture Saddam we would not have stayed in Iraq this time. We would have repeated the forst gulf war IMO.

You have some serious preconcieved absolutes that limit your ability to see the big picture.

I have a feeling you hate Bush and you don't think the Iraq war is part of the global War on Terror, am I right?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #35 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Are you talking about Jimmy Carter? Wait a second damn it!!
LOL, they didn't need a nuclear bomb to hold the US hostage and bring us to our knees when Carter was in office.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #36 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Lifer

you cant change a regime with out boots on the ground.

as for the Iraq war in 2003, that was only suppose to cost 250 billion, we are at 750 billion, and congress in in the processes of aproving another 180 billion, that will get us through this year.
post #37 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
LOL, they didn't need a nuclear bomb to hold the US hostage and bring us to our knees when Carter was in office.
That's because Carter was a spineless wimp. Note that the election of Ronald Reagan changed the Iranian, and U.S., mindset rather quickly

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 07-28-2008 at 04:59 PM.
post #38 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
07 TBSS

Cannon, your responses leave you wide open to question your knowledge of our current capabilites in the region. An attack on Iran wouldn't be very taxing for the US. Then again, nothing will happen till some #'s get confirmed, this retard spouting off isn't the greatest source for his countries accomplishments.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #39 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That's because Carter was a spineless wimp. Note that the election of Ronald Reagan changed the the Iranian, and U.S. mindset, rather quickly

We're about to repeat history.
post #40 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:

as for the Iraq war in 2003, that was only suppose to cost 250 billion, we are at 750 billion, and congress in in the processes of aproving another 180 billion, that will get us through this year.
Do you remember the first Iraq War, commonly referrred to as the Gulf War in the late 80's?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #41 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Out

Jeez...

We can take care of Iraq with the amount of troops we have now IF they're allowed to do what they need to.

Iran is two button pushes away from silence.

Million troops... LMFAO!! 500,000 troops... STILL LMFAO!!!
post #42 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Out

Quote:

You're a damned fool. Boots on this ground has had more change in this region than the last 6,000 years. What the fuck are you smoking?!?!

The only reason it is costing so much is because once we're here, we have to sit on our hands until the Libs get done with their whine-fest in Washington. This war would have been over LONG ago, given the right management. Dolt.
post #43 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:
This war would have been over LONG ago, given the right management. Dolt.
Surely you're not suggesting that Rummy is a fuck up.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #44 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I have been accused of being biased, but NO ONE can deny that Rummy ran this operation like shit (I was here for that one too). I also blame Bush for allowing it to go on for as long as it did. Gates manages better, obviously. I think we'd be in a different situation if Gates was here from day one. After everything I've experienced over here, no one can ever convince me that we didn't belong out here, though.
post #45 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I have been accused of being biased, but NO ONE can deny that Rummy ran this operation like shit (I was here for that one too). I also blame Bush for allowing it to go on for as long as it did. Gates manages better, obviously. I think we'd be in a different situation if Gates was here from day one. After everything I've experienced over here, no one can ever convince me that we didn't belong out here, though.
I agree. It sure would have been nice to have been done and home 2/3 yrs ago. And have moved on to to snatching every hair out of OBL's chin. I know I get on a point and whip to death, but who can deny that we have some unsettled serious business with that fellow?

What time is it there?

post #46 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
How come you can see it in "Rummy" and Bush but not RP? I wonder....

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #47 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Put boots on the ground in Iran and we'll be very close to starting WW3, only this time China and Russia will be on the other team. Not really something I'm looking forward to.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #48 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
How come you can see it in "Rummy" and Bush but not RP? I wonder....
So you admit that this administration has been a huge mistake. I'm tempted to say there is hope for you yet but...nah.

post #49 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You're a damned fool. Boots on this ground has had more change in this region than the last 6,000 years. What the fuck are you smoking?!?!

The only reason it is costing so much is because once we're here, we have to sit on our hands until the Libs get done with their whine-fest in Washington. This war would have been over LONG ago, given the right management. Dolt.

explain to me how you change a regime and take over a country with out boots on the ground...
bombing Iran is not going to stop them, it might slow them down, but in the long run the world is not any safer as long as that regime is in power.
post #50 of 131 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
So you admit that this administration has been a huge mistake. I'm tempted to say there is hope for you yet but...nah.
Nope, they have made mistakes, but huge mistakes no. The failure to capture OBL and the open borders are his biggest mistakes, but he is in the same boat as Clinton on both of those and every other President in modern history on the borders, so I guess you can blame Bush only if you want, but your bias fronts you for being ignorant if you do that.

You keep forgetting you have the Bush hating goggles on and it clouds your judgment so badly you look silly. Hell, maybe the combination of your goggles and the sick little fascination you have for RP is why you come across so poorly. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement