IRS report... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
IRS report...

I was watching Hannity & Colmes and they said that the IRS reported that the 2006 (which is the most recent report they have done) tax records show that the top 10% of wage earners paid 70% of the taxes that year. They also said that the bottom 50% of wage earners only paid 2.9% of the taxes that year.

This begs the question, why are the Dems screaming for tax relief for the poor when they aren't even paying much of the taxes as it is?

Votes maybe?

Hell, if I was poor and not paying much of the taxes I might vote for the party that wants me to pay even less.













Nah, I have too much self respect to go the easy route.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 06:47 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
This begs the question, why are the Dems screaming for tax relief for the poor when they aren't even paying much of the taxes as it is?

Votes maybe?
you got it.

what is more irritating are the tax rebate checks printed out to people that didn't pay in any in the first place.
mikeb is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 07:03 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
you got it.

what is more irritating are the tax rebate checks printed out to people that didn't pay in any in the first place.

Whats even more irritating is people who get all their taxes back plus some bullshit called earned income credit where they can get thousands on top of that.

But to even top that are the no working welfare peices of garbage who do absoulutly nothing but get paid to waste oxygen and buy old peoples hoopties.
vetteracer is offline  
 
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 09:13 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
You're welcome you cheap bastards...

Bring on the FairTax.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 09:38 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 76
The irs must be pulling numbers out of their ass again. I don't make but only around 10k a year from part time job but im still stuck paying in about 15% every year.
iwannamuscleCAR is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
The IRS and our tax system are an obscene joke. Sending out a little money to stimulate the economy makes as much sense as closing the barn door after the horses have escaped. I dont think any politician has the balls to cut the IRS' throat and implement a fair tax plan that works.

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 10:52 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
The IRS and our tax system are an obscene joke. Sending out a little money to stimulate the economy makes as much sense as closing the barn door after the horses have escaped. I dont think any politician has the balls to cut the IRS' throat and implement a fair tax plan that works.
I heard somewhere that people mainly paid bills with their stimulus checks. Whoops.
mikeb is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Listen to this.

071008-PrudentMoney.mp3





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
I heard somewhere that people mainly paid bills with their stimulus checks. Whoops.
With a life span of roughly a few hours per family.
Denny is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
With a life span of roughly a few hours per family.
lol





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 11:23 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
To put the "Top 10%", "Top 5%", "Top 1%" in perspective...

In terms of top 10% you are probably looking at 100K a year. In terms of top 5% you are probably looking at 130K a year and the top 1% is around 300K a year.

Also, in terms of total wages, the top 25% of wage earners earn aroud 66% all the income and pay over 84% of the total tax. Bottom 50% earned only about 15% of the wages but only pay 3% of the taxes.

Percentages are just a tad screwed...

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
Nah, I have too much self respect to go the easy route.
I have no self respect. I just make too much damn money
Casper is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
I dont think any politician has the balls to cut the IRS' throat and implement a fair tax plan that works.
You didn't check out all the candidates. Yep, there was one in fact it was part of his platform, but for the campaign he was hidden good and proper from the gullible American public by the abusive powers that he threatened. Had he not been Obama wouldn't even be a consideration for President and McBush would be where he belongs.
Remember "the nut" that campigned (when allowed) on abolishing the IRS which is nothing more than the government's gun to our heads.

I predict that his still on-going supporters won't be deemed "dolts" for too much longer. (unless of course the TV sez we are )

LOL.
The Obamamites are even funnier than the Ron Paul dolts!

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Last edited by black01gt; 07-27-2008 at 09:56 AM.
black01gt is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
You didn't check out all the candidates. Yep, there was one in fact it was part of his platform, but for the campaign he was hidden good and proper from the gullible American public by the abusive powers that he threatened. Had he not been Obama wouldn't even be a consideration for President and McBush would be where he belongs.
Remember "the nut" that campigned (when allowed) on abolishing the IRS which is nothing more than the government's gun to our heads.

I predict that his still on-going supporters won't be deemed "dolts" for too much longer. (unless of course the TV sez we are )

LOL.
The Obamamites are even funnier than the Ron Paul dolts!

Thank you for the above post, I needed the laugh.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
You didn't check out all the candidates. Yep, there was one in fact it was part of his platform, but for the campaign he was hidden good and proper from the gullible American public by the abusive powers that he threatened. Had he not been Obama wouldn't even be a consideration for President and McBush would be where he belongs.
Remember "the nut" that campigned (when allowed) on abolishing the IRS which is nothing more than the government's gun to our heads.

I predict that his still on-going supporters won't be deemed "dolts" for too much longer. (unless of course the TV sez we are )

LOL.
The Obamamites are even funnier than the Ron Paul dolts!
Now that the state controls everythng, I don't know how much differenc it would make
Casper is offline  
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
Thank you for the above post, I needed the laugh.
Just make sure it's a fools laugh. Oh...never mind. *done*

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Now that the state controls everythng, I don't know how much differenc it would make
Actually RP's deal is less...much less federal gov't and much more state gov and control. He figures they couldn't possibly fuck things up as bad as the feds for em.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Just make sure it's a fools laugh. Oh...never mind. *done*
It was a fool who I was laughing at if that is what you mean.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Actually RP's deal is less...much less federal gov't and much more state gov and control. He figures they couldn't possibly fuck things up as bad as the feds for em.
You still think he has a shot at winning, don't you? LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
You still think he has a shot at winning, don't you? LOL
I wish he were but he's not even a candidate. So...answer is no.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
You still think he has a shot at winning, don't you? LOL
As much as juan mcamnesty does.
Casper is offline  
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
As much as juan mcamnesty does.
You think RP and McCain both have the same chance of winning?

I thought you were same and lucid.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I wish he were but he's not even a candidate. So...answer is no.
It gets easier once you admit it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
It gets easier once you admit it.
What gets easier?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Sign I saw on the ground:
 
barronj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannamuscleCAR
The irs must be pulling numbers out of their ass again
Do your homework
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannamuscleCAR
I don't make but only around 10k a year from part time job but im still stuck paying in about 15% every year.
If you're suggesting that you didn't get a refund, or you didn't qualify for 'earned income credit', either you forgot to file or you forgot to follow the instructions the 1040EZ, which you would've used to file.

I don't feel sorry for you.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
barronj is offline  
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
It gets easier once you admit it.
I think his point was that Ron Paul SHOULD have been the Republican nominee, not that he still has a chance at taking the nomination (although this convention deal in Minneapolis during the same weekend as the RNC looks interesting), and to that I say a-fucking-men.

Taylor is offline  
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
What gets easier?
The realization that RP will not win the nomination. The realization that only a few Americans thought he was a good candidate. The pain from that realization will get easier with time.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor
I think his point was that Ron Paul SHOULD have been the Republican nominee, not that he still has a chance at taking the nomination (although this convention deal in Minneapolis during the same weekend as the RNC looks interesting), and to that I say a-fucking-men.
I am guessing you are another RP supporter who thinks the overwhelming majority of Americans, including myself, who thought he was not a good choice for President are idiots, right?

You RP supporters are as bad as the typical liberal who thinks if their candidate doesn't win it is because the people who didn't agree are stupid, uninformed, or idiots.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
You think RP and McCain both have the same chance of winning?

I thought you were same and lucid.
It all depends on the VP picks. Obama-Richardson is unbeatable except maybe against McCain-Crist. Without the VP consideration it falls on obama.

Just my thought right now, and has been (at least the O-R theory) for well over a year (can't find the thread but I posted it here about April 07).

It could all change.
Casper is offline  
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
You RP supporters are as bad as the typical liberal who thinks if their candidate doesn't win it is because the people who didn't agree are stupid, uninformed, or idiots.
I'll go with "uninformed", except in your case.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannamuscleCAR
The irs must be pulling numbers out of their ass again. I don't make but only around 10k a year from part time job but im still stuck paying in about 15% every year.
Who does your taxes? Ronald McDonald?
AL P is offline  
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I'll go with "uninformed", except in your case.
So you've now increased our odds of guessing what you are thinking to 50/50, as opposed to the 1 in 3 that we had before your post.

Well done!
Fox466 is offline  
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I'll go with "uninformed", except in your case.
I am surprised at the exception I was given. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
So you've now increased our odds of guessing what you are thinking to 50/50, as opposed to the 1 in 3 that we had before your post.

Well done!
What do you know, you are one of the uninformed Americans, aren't you? LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
What do you know, you are one of the uninformed Americans, aren't you? LOL
Copper Please!

I'm so well informed I'm gonna be voting for change this time around!






Fox466 is offline  
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: drrty south
Posts: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
I heard somewhere that people mainly paid bills with their stimulus checks. Whoops.
Paying bills to banks increases the amount of which they can loan out. So yeah a bunch of people may have paid their bills early or paid extra on a payment...but the banks can now loan out even more than the $600 they received from those who got the refund check.


http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...32_main_02.tpl
ruffdaddy is offline  
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Copper Please!

I'm so well informed I'm gonna be voting for change this time around!






Take it up with black01gt, he said you were not informed, not me.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
So you've now increased our odds of guessing what you are thinking to 50/50, as opposed to the 1 in 3 that we had before your post.

Well done!
aw come on...it's not that complicated. The choices given were from notch not me. Oops, I mean *Paladin*. Read it again and decide, is notch stupid or is he an idiot?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:15 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdaddy
Paying bills to banks increases the amount of which they can loan out. So yeah a bunch of people may have paid their bills early or paid extra on a payment...but the banks can now loan out even more than the $600 they received from those who got the refund check.


http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...32_main_02.tpl
Banks aren't loaning shit right now from what i'm reading; they are licking their wounds and doing whatever they can to raise the spread between interest charged and interest paid to reload their coffers.

The great white hope for the stimulus checks was that people would rush out and spend that money at the RETAIL revel..... didn't happen.... LOL......

And to me that fact that people would realize the wisdom in using "found" money to pay off bills says volumes about A) what kind of financial shape people are in, and B) their outlook for the economy going forward.
mikeb is offline  
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
The great white hope for the stimulus checks was that people would rush out and spend that money at the RETAIL revel..... didn't happen.... LOL......

And to me that fact that people would realize the wisdom in using "found" money to pay off bills says volumes about A) what kind of financial shape people are in, and B) their outlook for the economy going forward.
Yep. Sent mine off to Chevron. Boy...wasn't that fun!!!

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
aw come on...it's not that complicated. The choices given were from notch not me. Oops, I mean *Paladin*. Read it again and decide, is notch stupid or is he an idiot?
I am the one who gave the choices? I thought you posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I'll go with "uninformed", except in your case.

How can you post it in the same thread you deny it in? You usually wait until a new thread comes along to do that!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
I am the one who gave the choices? I thought you posted this: "I'll go with "uninformed", except in your case."
I did. Right after you posted this:
You RP supporters are as bad as the typical liberal who thinks if their candidate doesn't win it is because the people who didn't agree are stupid, uninformed, or idiots.

Stupid, Uninformed and Idiots are your words, not mine. Maybe if you and Fox go back and read #30 it would help clear your confusion of this complicated subject.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Last edited by black01gt; 07-29-2008 at 09:42 AM.
black01gt is offline  
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
I still haven't got my god damned stimulus check. Guess I better check on that on the IRS site.

I'm putting my phat ass check in the bank!!
AL P is offline  
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I did. Right after you posted this:
You RP supporters are as bad as the typical liberal who thinks if their candidate doesn't win it is because the people who didn't agree are stupid, uninformed, or idiots.

Stupid, Uninformed and Idiots are your words, not mine. Maybe if you and Fox go back and read #30 it would help clear your confusion of this complicated subject.
I was pointing out how you people (RP supporters and liberals) think people who disagreee with you are those things. It was my opinion, and then you said they were misiniformed and confirmed what I had said.

This isn't hard for most, but I guess you are special. LOL .

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
I was pointing out how you people (RP supporters and liberals) think people who disagreee with you are those things. It was my opinion, and then you said they were misiniformed and confirmed what I had said.

This isn't hard for most, but I guess you are special. LOL .
I'm done with this lame assed banter. Even you can't put a decent spin on it...

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I'm done with this lame assed banter. Even you can't put a decent spin on it...
LOL, your position too hard to defend, huh?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
I was pointing out how you people (RP supporters and liberals) think people who disagreee with you are those things....
Seems to me like that is your standard attitude. All or nothing. I know you like to yank on people's chains but it does get kind of pointless with some. Not that this board has any meaning in the grand scheme of the universe though.
Casper is offline  
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Seems to me like that is your standard attitude. All or nothing. I know you like to yank on people's chains but it does get kind of pointless with some. Not that this board has any meaning in the grand scheme of the universe though.
I guess we are all entitled to our opinion. I have strong feelings about liberals. I think they are hypocrtical, and their stances are not based upon moral or deep rooted beliefs, but opinion polls.

I have seen enough liberals who don't even know where their candidates stand to support my position. This is why I always ask people who vote for liberals if they believe in their candidates positions.

Why else would a group of people, like blacks, vote for candidates who support unfettered abortion, gay marriage and all the other morality issues they disagree with if it wasn't for the "government will take care of us and give us free health care" type of stuff they support?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome