Someone is mysteriously attacking Iranian supply chains to terrorists - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Thumbs up Someone is mysteriously attacking Iranian supply chains to terrorists

Heh

Quote:
Mystery explosions point to Iran’s secret arms shipments to terrorists

By Con Coughlin in Vienna
Last Updated: 12:01am BST 24/07/2008

For an organisation that prides itself on being a well-run administrative machine, the leadership of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards is having a rather testing time. It’s not just last Saturday’s mysterious explosion in a suburb of Tehran that killed 15 people that is causing the leadership sleepless nights, although the nationwide news black-out imposed immediately afterwards does suggest the Revolutionary Guards, the storm troops of Iran’s Islamic Revolution, are rattled.

Details are only now starting to reach the outside world, and it looks increasingly like sabotage was responsible for devastating a military convoy as it travelled through Khavarshahar. The company responsible for moving the equipment, LTK, is owned by the Revolutionary Guards and is suspected of being involved in shipping arms to Lebanon’s Hizbollah Shia Muslim militia, which is trained and funded by Tehran.

The Revolutionary Guards’ arms shipments to Lebanon and its allies in Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia are usually shrouded in such secrecy that only a few senior members of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s government are briefed in advance. As the international crisis over Iran’s nuclear programme deepens, the Revolutionary Guards have intensified their efforts to supply regional allies with military hardware so that, in the event of Tehran becoming involved in an armed confrontation with the West, Iran can respond by opening a number of fronts in the Middle East and beyond.

The need to keep the arms build-up secret would explain the Revolutionary Guards’ decision to ban the Iranian media from reporting the explosion, even though it was heard throughout the capital. But what really concerns Iran’s leadership is that the incident is the latest in a long line of unexplained explosions.

In May, officials blamed British and American agents for an explosion at a mosque in Shiraz that had just finished staging an exhibition of Iran’s latest military hardware. Last year more than a dozen Iranian engineers were killed while trying to fit a chemical warhead to a missile in Syria.

A few months earlier, a train reported to be carrying military supplies to Syria was derailed by another mysterious explosion in northern Turkey. It is highly unlikely that these incidents are unrelated, which has only served to deepen the mood of fear and suspicion gripping the Revolutionary Guards’ leadership.

Tensions have been running high in Tehran since Seymour Hersh, the respected American investigative journalist, revealed in the New Yorker magazine last month that President George W Bush had authorised up to $400 million to fund a major escalation in covert operations to destabilise the regime.

Having contended with Iran’s attempts to undermine the Iraqi government over the past five years, British and American military commanders are more than happy to undertake covert operations in Iran, and there have been unconfirmed reports that special forces are operating undercover in the country.

Western diplomats and nuclear inspectors who frequently travel to Tehran as part of the international effort to persuade the Iranians to halt their uranium enrichment activities report that a sense of paranoia appears to have gripped the regime in recent months.

“There has certainly been a change of mood since the start of the year,” a Vienna-based official told me this week. “In the past they always appeared very self-confident and sure-footed in their dealings with foreign officials. Now they come across as very suspicious, and watch our every move.”

Tehran’s changed political atmosphere might be explained by the fact that President Ahmadinejad and his senior officials realise they are running out of time in their negotiations with the West. After more than four years of painstaking talks with the Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency, Iran is continuing to enrich uranium at its underground facility at Natanz, a clear breach of its obligations under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Even senior officials at the agency, who have gone out of their way to accommodate the Iranians’ concerns, have little confidence that the Iranians have any intention of reaching a compromise. “All they seem interested in is extending the talks as long as possible while all the time they continue with their uranium enrichment programme,” said an official close to the talks. “Their entire strategy appears to be based on playing for time.”

Iran has just another week to respond to the latest proposal put forward by the West at last weekend’s meeting with Iranian officials in Geneva, in which Iran was offered economic reconstruction in return for halting the enrichment programme.

Iran is intensifying efforts to strengthen the effectiveness of Hizbollah in southern Lebanon in preparation for a possible attack on Israel. Revolutionary Guards are keen to strengthen its leadership following the assassination of Imad Mugniyeh, Hizbollah’s head of security, in the Syrian capital by Israeli agents last February.

Mugniyeh, the terrorist behind suicide truck bomb attacks on American and French troops in the 1980s, played a key role in building up Hizbollah’s military strength, which proved to be highly effective during its 2006 attack against Israeli forces in southern Lebanon. Tehran wants to appoint one of its commanders as a replacement, but has received unexpected resistance from Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, the secretary-general. Nasrallah insists Mugniyeh’s replacement must come from within Hizbollah’s ranks. Suddenly nothing seems to be going the Revolutionary Guards’ way.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/07/25/do2503.xml

As someone on another board said:
Quote:
Behind closed doors there are grown men giggiling like little school girls...

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Out

I owe some mother fucker a beer or two.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

Count me in! I'm all about growing a beard and planting bombs on railroad tracks.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Bullet Sponge

Where do I sign up? Again.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 04:53 AM
Factory Issue

Denny, when we learn Arabic, let's do this!

Give me a dollar.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 05:34 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
Denny, when we learn Arabic, let's do this!
ALALALALALAAAA!!!!

Translation: IN!!!!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 06:01 AM
Bullet Sponge

Alah Ackbar!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz
Count me in! I'm all about growing a beard and planting bombs on railroad tracks.

<-- Wonders if you could pull it off or if you would wander over to Afghanistan and disappear into one of the huge opium or pot fields... and never be seen again.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

You mean fighting terrorists like terrorists? The horror!

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Musician for the deaf

Yeah, sabotage like the palestinians blowing themselves up while they weld the endcap onto a solid booster rocket.

I'm not buying it. They used a grenade pin as a tie-down lanyard.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:45 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost
Alah Ackbar!
Its a trap!

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Lifer

Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine
<-- Wonders if you could pull it off or if you would wander over to Afghanistan and disappear into one of the huge opium or pot fields... and never be seen again.
I'm all about the afghani pot, tried some a few weeks back.

opium, i'll pass.

But hey, i'd think up some hilarious ways to sabotage the terrorist supply chains. Like a cheeto mine-field!
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Worship me

You know the Delta Force guys are grinning when the fireworks happen. After all the shit the Revolutionary Guard has done in Iraq they definitely deserve to be blown the fuck up.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

Mossad at work

in their latest activities, they have been totally undetectable
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Bullet Sponge

You know, something I've been toying with as an idea...

Vaporize pig fat and just fly low over Iran and Iraq, releasing the aerosol (sp?) droplets and totally fuck up their chances of ever getting their virgins. Result? They give up.

If only
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost
You know, something I've been toying with as an idea...

Vaporize pig fat and just fly low over Iran and Iraq, releasing the aerosol (sp?) droplets and totally fuck up their chances of ever getting their virgins. Result? They give up.

If only
Some asshole would just twist the Koran further and say it doesn't affect anything.

Give me a dollar.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Nice to see the bastards rattled.

DFWMustangs.net
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
Nice to see the bastards rattled.
Soon they'll lose faith and trust within their own ranks.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
Some asshole would just twist the Koran further and say it doesn't affect anything.
Well, actually it doesn't. In fact martyrdom is a way to redemption. Like the al qaeda terrorists living it up in titty bars right before 911. It has been speculated that this was a psychological bolstering of their will, they really fucked up so they had no recourse; they couldn't back out after that.

The best way to apply lard is as a bullet lube. But pork fat in a vapor would be pretty flammable, so there are definite possibilities.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 07:24 AM
T-MINUS

The military just needs to handle business and shut the cameras off.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 07:02 AM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
The best way to apply lard is as a bullet lube. But pork fat in a vapor would be pretty flammable, so there are definite possibilities.

That would make a nice little twist on napalm. I like it...

[Ted Koppel]In other news, the overwhelming smell of bacon cooking on the skillet is eminating from terrorist central, as our military cooked their asses today..."[/Ted Koppel]
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2008, 12:50 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
The military just needs to handle business and shut the cameras off.
I agree. What happens in iraq, stays in iraq (or iran). You have to wonder how WW2 would have turned out if they had the kind of media coverage we have today back then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement