McCain could name VP this week - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Every day is.............

McCain could name VP this week

I think his best chance to "equalize" the balance of "pro's vs con's" in his ability to run the country are to pick Romney.
That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Thoughts?

David

Quote:
Very well-placed sources told FOX News late Monday that John McCain’s campaign has had discussions recently about the merits of the expected Republican presidential nominee unveiling his choice of a running mate this week while rival Barack Obama is overseas.

One source with direct knowledge of the senator’s thinking and of the campaign’s machinations said no announcement will be made Tuesday morning but another top insider suggested the media not throw cold water on the idea that McCain could announce his vice presidential pick this week. Still a third source said unless McCain wakes up in the next two days with a decision, chances are “remote.”

Asked about the odds of announcing a vice presidential pick on Tuesday, McCain brushed off the question during a plane ride with reporters to New Hampshire, giving only a mischievous grin.

LINK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Lifer

I think McCain needs a real conservative, I don't know if Romney is conservative enough, though I think he could help mccain.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:13 AM
BANNED

i think condi or powell would be good choices if they would do it.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro88LX
i think condi or powell would be good choices if they would do it.
I would like Powell as well. Unfortunately, his political aspirations are over.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82
I would like Powell as well. Unfortunately, his political aspirations are over.
He is FAR from "conservative", plus he and McCains "idea's" on the war, clash.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Lifer

McCain is a bit liberal for a republican, I think he needs someone to the right of him, and yonger
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Both McCain & Romney have gravitated toward the "right" in the past year or two. Romney would help McCain in his [weak] Economics area, and would also help him in some key states, such as MI.

He's (Romney) younger, very intelligent, an excellent speaker, and strong when challenged.

McCain is a sub-par speaker, hot tempered, and weak on economics but his strength in foreign affairs, along with Romney's [strong points] would be a better ticket for the GOP, IMHO.

David
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:53 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I was wondering why I keep seeing McCain, John on my caller id this past week.

I guess I'll answer it this time.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I was wondering why I keep seeing McCain, John on my caller id this past week.

I guess I'll answer it this time.

Pony up some coin playa!
That's all he wants.
lol
We get a mailing every week, and a few calls every now & then too.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Lifer

Rmoney's biggest draw backs, he is not a social conservative, not a christian and from a state that allows gay marriage.

McCain is not exactly a social conservative either with his views on abortion, so I think he needs someone who is socially conservative but also has a economic background
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajet69
Pony up some coin playa!
That's all he wants.
lol
We get a mailing every week, and a few calls every now & then too.
No, I know he wants me as his Veep. I still haven't decided if I want the demotion.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 12:38 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
No, I know he wants me as his Veep. I still haven't decided if I want the demotion.
Shit if you are VP, I'll figure out a plan to kill of McCain so you can be prez.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Lifer

I think Huckabee would be a good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
T-MINUS

He should name Obama That would take some balls.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996
Rmoney's biggest draw backs, he is not a social conservative, not a christian and from a state that allows gay marriage.

McCain is not exactly a social conservative either with his views on abortion, so I think he needs someone who is socially conservative but also has a economic background

How do you figure he's not a Christian? He certainly is too!

David
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
He should name Obama That would take some balls.
lol

About as much as Obama giving the VP nod to Hitlarry Clinton. Either way, sombody's getting knocked off and a new Prez will take over.

David
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
lol

About as much as Obama giving the VP nod to Hitlarry Clinton. Either way, sombody's getting knocked off and a new Prez will take over.

David

LOL!
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:

How do you figure he's not a Christian? He certainly is too!

David
Romney is a Mormon, there is a big difference between christians and mormons
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Yup. Mormons fuck like rabbits, have multiple wives, and are crazy as fuck.

They're not too shabby, until you get to the crazy part...
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

He needs to pick either a woman, minority or a Muslim. I'll take Alan Keyes for the hell of it.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Yes, you are correct, Romney is a Mormon (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ).

<---Again

David
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Lifer

if its a woman I think it might be Kay Bailey Hutchison, she is a real conservative, has the right political connections.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
He needs to pick either a woman, minority or a Muslim. I'll take Alan Keyes for the hell of it.

That's why I think Condi would be the PERFECT running mate for him. She's got two of those three bases covered, without being Muslim.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
That's why I think Condi would be the PERFECT running mate for him. She's got two of those three bases covered, without being Muslim.
Seriously, I would strongly consider her for VP.

David
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yes, you are correct, Romney is a Mormon (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ).

<---Again

David
because they mention Jesus in their name that makes them christian? what about their magical profit, joseph smith?
so their religion is build apon the new testimate, but so is Islam (they actually mention jesus a lot!) does that make muslims christians too? no it does not, you cant twist around the christian religion, take some things out, add a few new books that the indians gave you, and still be christian.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Out

Condi isn't going to even get a look. She's nothing but a wet rag. It'll be Romney. It is, right now, his best bet.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
the problem with Condi, she is not very conservative
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:55 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:

<---Again

David
Research the difference, it's a big un!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Out

Mormons are the Christians that go to hell.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I would love for bobby jidal to be the VP. hes got the minority/muslim part down and he is a true conservative and knows WTF he is doing. To bad he said he wants to get LA back on the map

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128