Obama's NYTimes Editorial - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Obama's NYTimes Editorial

This one is written by Barack Obama himself, about his plans for Iraq. In fact, it's entitled, "My Plan for Iraq."

If you are unsure about Obama's plans, or you think you know but want to find out, or maybe you're hoping we'll stay in Iraq and you want to find the faults in Obama's plan, read the op-ed yourself:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/14/op...T-E-AT-0715-L9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Out

I got here and I'm out.

Quote:
I believed it was a grave mistake to allow ourselves to be distracted from the fight against Al Qaeda and the Taliban by invading a country that posed no imminent threat and had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

LOL.. Come on, Denny, read the rest.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Lifer

O'Blama:
I am bored with the task at hand in Eye-Raq' and Af-gan'-u-stan' (please pronounce both countries as if talking to first graders who have never heard the words before) so I am advocating (they taught me that word at the Universality of Harverd) all of our good, patriotic soldiers to come home, now (I have no spine, I am a puppet).

Everything you say, Mu-Kayn', I say the opposite, so there, thhhhhp, and my daddy can beat up your daddy.

The Vit Naam War, Mu-Kayn, did not exist, all those news clips were shot in Panama.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
Which part? The part where he points out that the actions Bush has taken after ridding himself of Rmmy and conducting a well-planned surge has exceeded expectations, but is still not good enough? Or maybe the part where he already has a withdrawl plan BEFORE meeting with the military heads that can coordinate the effort?

No thanks, I'm still out. One little swimmer in one of my testicles has more honor and patriotism than that stupid mother. Fuck him. Fuck his mother. Fuck his wife.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Which part? The part where he points out that the actions Bush has taken after ridding himself of Rmmy and conducting a well-planned surge has exceeded expectations, but is still not good enough? Or maybe the part where he already has a withdrawl plan BEFORE meeting with the military heads that can coordinate the effort?

No thanks, I'm still out. One little swimmer in one of my testicles has more honor and patriotism than that stupid mother. Fuck him. Fuck his mother. Fuck his wife.

HAHAHA! Well, at least you read some of it and can comment whether or not you agree and why than to just talk shit about someone and not know what they're really proposing.

Last edited by 99MustangGT; 07-18-2008 at 08:29 PM.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Token Union Member

Quote:

Keep that up and no one will respect you around here.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Bullet Sponge

"That is why, on my first day in office, I would give the military a new mission: ending this war."

Oh shit. That's what we were doing wrong. I thought we were just there because we enjoyed the scenery
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Lifer

both these guys got their nomination because of Iraq, and now the number 1 issue in america is the economy, yet neither one of these candidates have very much economic experience, and neither one of them has a decent economic plan.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996
both these guys got their nomination because of Iraq, and now the number 1 issue in america is the economy, yet neither one of these candidates have very much economic experience, and neither one of them has a decent economic plan.
Right. The public goes which ever way their pecker leans when they get up in the morning. Most are spoiled and way too fickle.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
What is your opinion of the editorial? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Right. The public goes which ever way their pecker leans when they get up in the morning. Most are spoiled and way too fickle.
I blame the primary system. independent voters ruined the nomination system for both parties. these people are often band wagon supporters who know little about the issues.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Censored

whoops New York Times turned down McCain's rebuttal article, saying it was "Unfit to print, and brought nothing new to the table."

Doors Done Rite
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Bullet Sponge

I do enjoy the fact so many people get bent out of shape over who's going to be president. We really don't get to choose. Electoral College gets to. Still, I like what McCain says for the most part. Obama seems to know all the catch words that catch attention but he's all smoke.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost
Electoral College gets to.
LMAO! Jesus Christ...

post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Bullet Sponge

Should I said they have a duty to choose the next president? While it is nice if they vote based upon the popular vote, there is not, as I understand it, a mandate to do so.

And excuse me if I'm not explaining myself correctly. I threw my back out today and am really fucked up on painkillers.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Should I said they have a duty to choose the next president? While it is nice if they vote based upon the popular vote, there is not, as I understand it, a mandate to do so.

And excuse me if I'm not explaining myself correctly. I threw my back out today and am really fucked up on painkillers.
If you can find me a time in the history of this country when the Electoral College did not vote as per the popular vote of their constituents, then I will stand corrected. "Could" happen and "Would" happen are two very different things in my mind.

post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Bullet Sponge

In the elections of 1876, 1888, and 2000, the candidate receiving the plurality of the nationwide popular vote did not become President.[34] Opponents of the Electoral College submit that such outcomes do not logically follow the normative concept of how a democratic system should function."

Wikipedia. I may be stoned but I can google.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger
whoops New York Times turned down McCain's rebuttal article, saying it was "Unfit to print, and brought nothing new to the table."
What do you expect from a Liberal paper like the NYTimes? Soviet paper...
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 PM
IA2

Quote:
Yep, that decision was a blatantly political one, and it is apparent that the NYT does not care if people see it that way. It is a shame that our media is stooping to such lows.
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Worship me

So....basically he is going to not really do anything different?

I like how he skirts around the fact that he was totally against "the surge". That turned out to be an error on his part. I can't believe that a US senator could be against sending reinforcements to troops in the field based on his political feelings. That leaves me speechless. Then the people have forget all about that.

At the end of the day if Obama gets into office nothing about the war will change. As it sits right now we'll slowly draw down troops until 2010 when we'll have a few left to train Iraqi forces, just like we do in other parts of the world. He didn't really say anything new, he never does. Oh yea, except saying we are failing in Afghanistan. Nice leadership, moron!
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I thought the NY Times endorsed McCain???

post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor
I thought the NY Times endorsed McCain???
They'd be more likely to print a picture of Obama fucking a goat.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I heard that picture was destroyed.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/...l?iref=topnews

Quote:
The New York Times endorsed Senator McCain as the Republican candidate in the presidential primaries. We take his views very seriously," the statement said.

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor
They endorsed the most Liberal Republican candidate during the primaries. No shocker there.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
They endorsed the most Liberal Republican candidate during the primaries. No shocker there.
I thought McCain was deemed the most liberal Republican candidate. Are you referring to his soon to be VP choice, Queen Giuliani?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Still, I like what McCain says for the most part. Obama seems to know all the catch words that catch attention but he's all smoke.
Smoke works. Where you been for the last 7 yrs?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I thought McCain was deemed the most liberal Republican candidate. Are you referring to his soon to be VP choice, Queen Giuliani?
No, they endorsed McCain and McCain is the liberal republican.

post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Bullet Sponge

Quote:
Smoke works. Where you been for the last 7 yrs?
No, smoke really doesn't or Bush would have astronomical approval ratings. And to answer your question, 7 years? Korea, Kuwait, Iraq and deeply medicated in Cooper
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
In the elections of 1876, 1888, and 2000, the candidate receiving the plurality of the nationwide popular vote did not become President.[34] Opponents of the Electoral College submit that such outcomes do not logically follow the normative concept of how a democratic system should function."

That has to do with the way the electoral votes fell, not the way the electoral college voted. The electoral college still voted the way their constituents voted, but you only get so many electoral votes per state, no matter how wide your margin of victory is. The electoral college's "opinion" has no place in what took place there.

And don't give me the "it's outdated" bullshit. The American public, while surrounded by 1,000 times the information, is no more intelligent than our ancestors of the 18th and 19th centuries when the Electoral College was put into place to counteract the large numbers of uneducated people in this country at that time.

I may be stoned, but I can see beneath your surface level Google search.

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Out

Quote:
Too bad my sig is tied up for some important shit, at the moment. This has post of fame potential.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Too bad my sig is tied up for some important shit, at the moment. This has post of fame potential.
I hate to steal your thunder, but since that was directed towards me, I'm going to steal the sig material if you don't mind.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:58 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

This is why I debate people on stage, in front of an educated audience. Because pot heads can't use google or wikipedia. It becomes clear who understands history, politics, and most importantly the subject at hand. On the internet anyone can google - anyone can *appear* to know what they are talking about, but only a small few actually do know what they are talking about - and that is only clear in person.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 03:31 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I hate to steal your thunder, but since that was directed towards me, I'm going to steal the sig material if you don't mind.
Fire away... it's a good one!
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Yeah, imagine that!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Where did you hear this? I hope he doesn't screw up and pick the only other liberal Republican who ran for President.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement