Collin County moves toward Communism - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Collin County moves toward Communism

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/16906569/detail.html

This morning on 1080, the Com. actually said that he doesn't think it's right for people who are bilingual to get paid more money, just because they can speak Spanish.

Screw your education! Equal pay for everyone!

Communism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Lifer

I really dont give a fuck.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned

si

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/16906569/detail.html

This morning on 1080, the Com. actually said that he doesn't think it's right for people who are bilingual to get paid more money, just because they can speak Spanish.

Screw your education! Equal pay for everyone!

Communism.
Equal pay for everyone is communism.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Lifer

Well I hate Spanish so...

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:10 PM
IA2

Well, I see both sides of the issue, but the bottom line is that you have to pay what it takes to retain employees, or the job doesn't get done. Jerry Hoagland can say what he wants, but when kenneth maun's office (tax guy) gets backed up there will be a hue and a cry from the populace.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

why shouldn't you get paid more? If there is a room of 100 people and 50 only speak Spanish and you have a guy that only speaks English...what are you going to do? Turn away business? If a person who speaks the language can appeal to both masses and double your sales...wouldnt you pay him more?

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Lifer

I think minorities should be given more opportunities in this culture to balance out the inequalities that minorities experinced in the U.S. past, even if they just came to the U.S. yesterday so that someday, we will all be equal.
They should pass this law today. Is everyone with me on this one?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:22 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

At least we aren't contemplating changing SH 121 to Cesar Chavez Memorial Boulevard.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:27 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
I think minorities should be given more opportunities in this culture to balance out the inequalities that minorities experinced in the U.S. past, even if they just came to the U.S. yesterday so that someday, we will all be equal.
I think that the USA, today, already provides fantastic opportunities to anyone that is a US citizen, regardless of race or socioeconomic background. There is no other country in the world where you can quite literally go from rags to riches.

The catch is that you have to work hard to achieve the dream, and many are not willing to do that, or they believe that they are somehow entitled to things that others have to work for, or they choose self defeating attitudes and reasoning that keep them from going anywhere in life.

I don't see where we need any more laws in this area. In fact, I believe we already have too many. As a white male business owner there is quite a lot of business that I have already been disqualified for, because that business is earmarked for minority owned companies only.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:28 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
At least we aren't contemplating changing SH 121 to Cesar Chavez Memorial toll road.
fixed
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:38 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
fixed
I always find it funny that the "Read my lips, no new taxes" President has a memorial tollway named after him.

In terms of SH 121 going toll I'm excited about it. I might drive it once every two years for some reason or another. But what it ended up doing was putting hundreds of millions into road projects around Collin County.

Southeastern Collin County is in some serious need of road reconstruction.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:50 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I always find it funny that the "Read my lips, no new taxes" President has a memorial tollway named after him.

In terms of SH 121 going toll I'm excited about it. I might drive it once every two years for some reason or another. But what it ended up doing was putting hundreds of millions into road projects around Collin County.

Southeastern Collin County is in some serious need of road reconstruction.
121 pissed me off when they made it into a toll road. It is the main (and only) corridor for many people to get across the northern area of the metroplex from east to west, and they knew that if they made it into a toll road they would have a captive customer base. Plus the area is affluent, and they knew that people would likely pay the tolls. bastards. My hope is that no one drives on it because of the inflated tolls they plan to charge on 121. I'll drive it maybe once a year at most.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
hahahahahahahahahahah

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schargedcobra97
hahahahahahahahahahah
That was kinda the point of the thread & the title.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Lifer

Hmm...Not sure on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Musician for the deaf

Why should they?

They do not choose their customer base, so why would they attempt to market to a new customer base?

If you are going to engage in activity that requires you to pay taxes, then speak the damn language the tax code is written in and formed around.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Worship me

Fuck tollways. I do like the idea that lets the people who are always in a hurry pay for the roads instead of me. As long as they don't raise the tax on gas it works. Of course, I am sure they will be raising the tax on gas just as soon as they can.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Fuck tollways. I do like the idea that lets the people who are always in a hurry pay for the roads instead of me. As long as they don't raise the tax on gas it works. Of course, I am sure they will be raising the tax on gas just as soon as they can.
I believe that you are right. I read somewhere recently that since people are using less gas the gas tax "revenues" for the state are way down, and this is causing budget troubles.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
No.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement