Israel / Lebanese prisoner exchange - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Israel / Lebanese prisoner exchange

Five Lebanese militants released today from prison in Israel received a hero's welcome home just hours after being awarded their freedom.

The men were freed by Israel in exchange for the return of the bodies of two Israeli soldiers kidnapped two years ago.

A rare prisoner exchange between Israel and terrorist group Hezbollah."Your return is a new victory and the future with you will only be a shining march in which we achieve the sovereignty of our land and the freedom of people," Lebanese President Michel Suleiman told the men during a speech in Beirut. The leader of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah, made a rare public appearance in Beirut to greet the freed men.

Earlier, the former prisoners, some wiping away tears, walked down a red carpet before hundreds of cheering people, just after crossing the border near the town of Naqoura in southern Lebanon, The Associated Press reported. "I congratulate the resistance [Hezbollah] for this new achievement," Suleiman would later add.

The most notorious of the released prisoners is Samir Kantar, who had been sentenced to life in prison for a grisly attack in 1979 that left a 4-year-old Israeli girl, her father and a policeman dead.

The kidnapping of the two Israeli soldiers, during a Hezbollah cross-border raid in July 2006, triggered a 34-day war between Israel and Lebanon.

The families of the two soldiers, Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev, had long worked for the return of the remains, but many in Israel felt the price was too high.

"Samir Kantar is a brutal murderer of children and anybody celebrating him as a hero is trampling on basic human decency," said Mark Regev, a spokesman for the Israeli prime minister (no relation to the soldier).

Goldwasser's mother had high hopes for this morning's exchange. "My hope is that I will hold my son in my arms," Miki Goldwasser told ABC News Tuesday.

After today, all she can hope for is a funeral.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996
The most notorious of the released prisoners is Samir Kantar, who had been sentenced to life in prison for a grisly attack in 1979 that left a 4-year-old Israeli girl, her father and a policeman dead.
Got $10 on Samir killing people again with in 2 year.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Got $10 on Samir killing people again with in 2 year.
He crushed that little girls head between a rifle-butt and a rock. Cold bastard right there...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Out

Israel made the wrong decision, any way you look at this. I think there is an ulterior motive or something.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
He crushed that little girls head between a rifle-butt and a rock. Cold bastard right there...
Maybe, but go talk to some of the Lebanese brutalized by the Israeli occupation of their land and understand the hate these people have for the Israelis. Yes, it is a sick act to do this to a child. But have you seen the Palestinians that have been run over by bulldozers after the Israeli's kick a family out of their homes only to bulldoze the area and build "settlements"? The Israeli's are just as sick, and even more twisted. With great power comes great responsibility, and the Israeli's have been wielding great power with no responsibility for decades.
SS

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-Samuel Johnson
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

Hezbollah is not only a terrorist organization, but so are all of it's supporters and those who allow it to operate in the area. The people who open their doors, and allow rockets to be shot from their rooftops... are just as guilty as those shooting them. I bet you've got some family over there helping out, don't you, SS.

Israel WILL win the fight, make no mistake about it.

Denny, i spoke at great length with a friend in israel today.. he seems to only think that Israel's bartering for the bodies of its soldiers was on principle, to keep up the morale of the young army. Keep in mind there are kids, younger than i, fighting this war day in and out. Israel makes a promise to it's soldiers, assuring them that "all of israels sons will be returned to her". I agree that it's a terrible precedent to be setting for future negotiations.. Most certainly going to be an issue that needs to be regarded with much more scrutiny.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz
Hezbollah is not only a terrorist organization, but so are all of it's supporters and those who allow it to operate in the area. The people who open their doors, and allow rockets to be shot from their rooftops... are just as guilty as those shooting them. I bet you've got some family over there helping out, don't you, SS.

Denny, i spoke at great length with a friend in israel today.. he seems to only think that Israel's bartering for the bodies of its soldiers was on principle, to keep up the morale of the young army. Keep in mind there are kids, younger than i, fighting this war day in and out. Israel makes a promise to it's soldiers, assuring them that "all of israels sons will be returned to her". I agree that it's a terrible precedent to be setting for future negotiations.. Most certainly going to be an issue that needs to be regarded with much more scrutiny.
Probably tracking their every movement now.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Seller
Maybe, but go talk to some of the Lebanese brutalized by the Israeli occupation of their land and understand the hate these people have for the Israelis. Yes, it is a sick act to do this to a child. But have you seen the Palestinians that have been run over by bulldozers after the Israeli's kick a family out of their homes only to bulldoze the area and build "settlements"? The Israeli's are just as sick, and even more twisted. With great power comes great responsibility, and the Israeli's have been wielding great power with no responsibility for decades.
SS
Only a savage could take his actions and completely disregard it.

Canadian-Iranian = SAVAGE!
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Probably tracking their every movement now.
If there's one thing the Jews are, it's sneaky.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Time Served

Quote:

I'm Iranian, and NOT Muslim. I do not believe in Islamic values, nor do I believe in Jewish values. They are of a common ancestry, yet they can't even get along like family. I do not have any family in Lebanon or Palestine, but have friends from both nations.

For Israel, it is a lose lose situation in the long run. They are the MOST Hated people on the planet, and that's a fact. I'm not saying it because I dislike Jews, I have nothing against the common Jew and have a few Jewish friends, but I have a strong dislike for the double standard afforded to Zionists. They can slaughter Palestinians, they can turn an entire people into refugees and deny them the basic human needs, and they can illegally occupy a nation for.... what was it, 18 years? without repercussions. They have brought this worldwide distaste upon themselves.

You are just biased against Muslims, it shows with your one sided and unfair view. You refuse to even acknowledge the wrongs that Israel has done, and just state that "Israel will win". Win what?

Hezbollah has done more for the people of Lebanon than any other group. To you, that probably means squat but for the people of Lebanon who have been under Israeli oppression it means the world. Israel is an unfair and unjust nation that is a rogue, they answer to nobody and seem to believe they are above all other humans. Am I wrong in this assertion? The precedeing was primarily opinion with some fact.

The following is all fact, and I encourage you to rebut what is written next:
Israel is a rogue nation, and is fed by Americans. Israel answers to no one. Israel slaughters Palestinian people and steals their land. Israel illegally occupied Lebanon, against the Geneva Convention. Israel is not a signatory to the NPT. Israel has stockpiled nuclear weapons, and WMD's. Israel gets money by swindling tax paying citizens by receiving a "kosher tax" which we shouldnt have to pay to support their need. Israel is keeping hundreds, if not thousands of prisoners illegally. Israel does not allow running water into Palestinian areas for more than a few hours a day, but they have swimming pools in "settlements". Israel has built and is illegally building "settlements" (aka occupation) on Palestinian lands, against the Geneva Convention.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Out

Quote:
I'm Iranian, and NOT Muslim. I do not believe in Islamic values, nor do I believe in Jewish values. They are of a common ancestry, yet they can't even get along like family. I do not have any family in Lebanon or Palestine, but have friends from both nations.

For Israel, it is a lose lose situation in the long run. They are the MOST Hated people on the planet, and that's a fact. I'm not saying it because I dislike Jews, I have nothing against the common Jew and have a few Jewish friends, but I have a strong dislike for the double standard afforded to Zionists. They can slaughter Palestinians, they can turn an entire people into refugees and deny them the basic human needs, and they can illegally occupy a nation for.... what was it, 18 years? without repercussions. They have brought this worldwide distaste upon themselves.

You are just biased against Muslims, it shows with your one sided and unfair view. You refuse to even acknowledge the wrongs that Israel has done, and just state that "Israel will win". Win what?

Hezbollah has done more for the people of Lebanon than any other group. To you, that probably means squat but for the people of Lebanon who have been under Israeli oppression it means the world. Israel is an unfair and unjust nation that is a rogue, they answer to nobody and seem to believe they are above all other humans. Am I wrong in this assertion? The precedeing was primarily opinion with some fact.

The following is all fact, and I encourage you to rebut what is written next:
Israel is a rogue nation, and is fed by Americans. Israel answers to no one. Israel slaughters Palestinian people and steals their land. Israel illegally occupied Lebanon, against the Geneva Convention. Israel is not a signatory to the NPT. Israel has stockpiled nuclear weapons, and WMD's. Israel gets money by swindling tax paying citizens by receiving a "kosher tax" which we shouldnt have to pay to support their need. Israel is keeping hundreds, if not thousands of prisoners illegally. Israel does not allow running water into Palestinian areas for more than a few hours a day, but they have swimming pools in "settlements". Israel has built and is illegally building "settlements" (aka occupation) on Palestinian lands, against the Geneva Convention.
SS
LMAO @ Jewish and Muslim being similar... LMAO @ Jews taking land from Palastinians... LMAO @ you not being biased... LMAO @ Stang Seller in a cave with his spineless father in CANADA!!!

I've rebuted that entire statedment several times on here. How many more time do I have to do it? Oh, wait... until you have something to come back other than "I'm not going to read what Denny posted."
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 AM

I duno wtf's going on. my whole reply is being posted as blank? lets see if this works...

Quote:

Israel illegally occupied Lebanon, against the Geneva Convention.
Geneva convention (4th) article 49 states that
Quote:
The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.

Deport? Did israel deport anyone to the area? They're not TRANSFERRING the population, you guys got your asses kicked and your land taken, now it's up for grabs! Not a hard concept to grasp, really.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:45 AM

a rouge nation is "a state that does not respect other states in its international actions". I think the only people that aren't considered being respected, are those in the opposition. Of course they're not going to agree with the international decisions of a country they despise and don't believe should be in existence.

Israel answers to lots - namely the international community.

Palestinians are killing themselves - did you already forget about the Fatah and Hamas power struggles? Israel answers with stronger blows than the PLO can deal with, so instantly they're animals.

Kosher tax? LOL dude you're killing me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_tax

Quote:
The "Kosher tax" (or "Jewish tax") is a canard or urban legend spread by antisemitic, white supremacist and other extremist organizations.[1][2] It refers to the claim that food producers must pay an exorbitant amount to obtain the right to display a symbol on their products (often a K or U in a circle) that indicates it is kosher or pareve, and that this cost is passed on to consumers through higher prices which constitute a "kosher tax." Additional false claims are made that this "tax" is "extorted" from food companies wishing to avoid a boycott,[3] and used to support Zionist causes or the state of Israel.[4]
Check this out - i googled "kosher tax" and this came up 2nd in the list. Can you really say you're not spewing the typical anti-semitic garbage? LOL!

www.koshertax.com

doesn't look racist one bit! hahahahhahaahahah
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 AM

and, for what it's worth.. here's the real scoop on your "kosher tax".

http://kosher-food.blogspot.com/2007...x-on-food.html

but we both know you won't acknowledge any of the points i've written as being valid.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 AM
Factory Issue

Man, I just don't see this going down smooth. This is probably the saddest conflict on the planet, and every new piece of news is just a little more disappointing than the one before it. The idea that two different religions can't reconcile on the spot they hold most holy is a shame.

Give me a dollar.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 AM
Time Served

Quote:
and, for what it's worth.. here's the real scoop on your "kosher tax".

http://kosher-food.blogspot.com/2007...x-on-food.html

but we both know you won't acknowledge any of the points i've written as being valid.
Main Entry:
tax
Function:
noun
Usage:
often attributive
Date:
14th century

1 a: a charge usually of money imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes b: a sum levied on members of an organization to defray expenses 2: a heavy demand

It is a cost, that many companies have admitted they impose on the general population to make certain foods kosher for a very small percentage of the population. This "tax" is paid to certain organizations for their "seal of approval" which they can then display on their product. An extremely small percentage of the populace cares for, or knows about, these Kosher "expenses". Once you find out that you are paying any amount for something that you do not know about, nor is there any follow up to how the funds are handled.... you become a bit weary. Why should I pay for a product to be Kosher, since I do not use or care for Kosher products? How is this fair and Democratic? Why don't those who want Kosher products pay the premium themselves? Any time someone questions something in regard to Zionist or Jewish actions, they are IMMEDIATELY labeled Anti Semetic or racist. That's quite retarded.

If Israel answers to international bodies, why have they not dismantled their illegal occupation of Palestine and their illegal establishment of "settlements" aka OCCUPIED ZONES as per many attempts by the UN which were all vetoed by the US??? They have been called on numerous times to do so with no result.

If Israel answers to lots, namely the international community (that just sounds so intelligent)... then why have they not ever established that they are in possession of nuclear warheads and WMD's? We already know they have them, why not just make it official?

Quote:
By contrast, not once in Israelís 22-year occupation of southern Lebanon between 1978 and 2000, which took place in defiance of no less than 10 UN Security Council resolutions, did Congress ever go on record condemning Israelís actions or even referring to it as an illegal occupation that it was.
http://www.fpif.org/fpiftxt/5285

How about some more violations of the UN????
Quote:
More UN Resolutions on Israel, 1955-1992

Resolution 106: condemns Israel for Gaza raid.
Resolution 111: condemns Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six
people.
Resolution 127: recommends Israel suspend its no-man's zone' in
Jerusalem.
Resolution 162: urges Israel to comply with UN decisions.
Resolution 171: determines flagrant violations by Israel in its attack
on Syria.
Resolution 228: censures Israel for its attack on Samu in the West
Bank, then under Jordanian control.
Resolution 237: urges Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian
refugees.
Resolution 248: condemns Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in
Jordan.
Resolution 250: calls on Israel to refrain from holding military parade
in Jerusalem.
Resolution 251: deeply deplores Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in
defiance of Resolution 250.
Resolution 252: declares invalid Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as
Jewish capital.
Resolution 256: condemns Israeli raids on Jordan as flagrant violation.

Resolution 259: deplores Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe
occupation.
Resolution 262: condemns Israel for attack on Beirut airport.
Resolution 265: condemns Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan.
Resolution 267: censures Israel for administrative acts to change the
status of Jerusalem.
Resolution 270: condemns Israel for air attacks on villages in southern
Lebanon.
Resolution 271: condemns Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on
Jerusalem.
Resolution 279: demands withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 280: condemns Israeli's attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 285: demands immediate Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon.
Resolution 298: deplores Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem.
Resolution 313: demands that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 316: condemns Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon.
Resolution 317: deplores Israel's refusal to release.
Resolution 332: condemns Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon.
Resolution 337: condemns Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty.
Resolution 347: condemns Israeli attacks on Lebanon.
Resolution 425: calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 427: calls on Israel to complete its withdrawal from
Lebanon.
Resolution 444: deplores Israel's lack of cooperation with UN
peacekeeping forces.
Resolution 446: determines that Israeli settlements are a serious
obstruction to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva
Convention
Resolution 450: calls on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon.
Resolution 452: calls on Israel to cease building settlements in
occupied territories.
Resolution 465: deplores Israel's settlements and asks all member
states not to assist its settlements program.
Resolution 467: strongly deplores Israel's military intervention in
Lebanon.
Resolution 468: calls on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of two
Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return.
Resolution 469: strongly deplores Israel's failure to observe the
council's order not to deport Palestinians.
Resolution 471: expresses deep concern at Israel's failure to abide by
the Fourth Geneva Convention.
Resolution 476: reiterates that Israel's claim to Jerusalem are null
and void.
Resolution 478: censures (Israel) in the strongest terms for its claim
to Jerusalem in its Basic Law.
Resolution 484: declares it imperative that Israel re-admit two
deported Palestinian mayors.
Resolution 487: strongly condemns Israel for its attack on Iraq's
nuclear facility.
Resolution 497: decides that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan
Heights
is null and void and demands that Israel rescinds its decision
forthwith.
Resolution 498: calls on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon.
Resolution 501: calls on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and
withdraw its troops.
Resolution 509: demands that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and
unconditionally from Lebanon.
Resolution 515: demands that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and allow
food supplies to be brought in.
Resolution 517: censures Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions and
demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon.
Resolution 518: demands that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in
Lebanon.
Resolution 520: condemns Israel's attack into West Beirut.
Resolution 573: condemns Israel vigorously for bombing Tunisia in
attack on PLO headquarters.
Resolution 587: takes note of previous calls on Israel to withdraw its
forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw.
Resolution 592: strongly deplores the killing of Palestinian students
at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops.
Resolution 605: strongly deplores Israel's policies and practices
denying the human rights of Palestinians.
Resolution 607: calls on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly
requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
Resolution 608: deeply regrets that Israel has defied the United
Nations and deported Palestinian civilians.
Resolution 636: deeply regrets Israeli deportation of Palestinian
civilians.
Resolution 641: deplores Israel's continuing deportation of
Palestinians.
Resolution 672: condemns Israel for violence against Palestinians at
the Haram Al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
Resolution 673: deplores Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United
Nations.
Resolution 681: deplores Israel's resumption of the deportation of
Palestinians.
Resolution 694: deplores Israel's deportation of Palestinians and calls
on it to ensure their safe and immediate return.
Resolution 726: strongly condemns Israel's deportation of Palestinians.

Resolution 799: strongly condemns Israel's deportation of 413
Palestinians and calls for their immediate return.
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg02534.html
Maybe not your favourite news source, but I dare you to try and discount any of the Resolutions above as being fake or invalid.

More reading, but you dont care because you're not biased nor racist
http://ifamericansknew.org/cur_sit/boyle.html

You still havent answered:
Israel slaughters Palestinian people and steals their land. Israel is not a signatory to the NPT. Israel has stockpiled nuclear weapons, and WMD's. Israel is keeping hundreds, if not thousands of prisoners illegally. Israel does not allow running water into Palestinian areas for more than a few hours a day, but they have swimming pools in "settlements". Israel has built and is illegally building "settlements" (aka occupation) on Palestinian lands, against the Geneva Convention.
Did I miss anything? I think I answered all your questions, you still missed most of mine. The question is, will you actually be man enough to answer my questions truthfully??????
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:45 AM

I assume the slaughtering you refer to was the Bein Hounon incident? You know damn well that was in reltaliation to the rockets coming over the border. I've got sleep to catch up on, as well as some reading.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Out

There's nothing you can research and write to justify anything to this guy. Don't waste your time. I've already wasted enough. Now all I do is point and laugh at his spineless father and him in the caves of Canada.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Factory Issue

Stang Seller, while I can't argue that Israel has conducted themselves honorably through the proceedings mentioned, I must point out that while neither side has a particularly good claim on the Holy land, the Palestinians have the weaker claim. Most Arab Palestinians are descended from those brought there to help T. H. Lawrence fight the Ottoman Turks during WWII, and those were mostly brought from Syria and Egypt. Further, prior to that conflict, Lebanon was mostly Eastern Orthodox, not Arabic and Muslim. The current claims made by militant groups are little more than a perpetuation of the propoganda the British fed them. For example, the British promised them a "Pan-Arabic" state that would stretch from Egypt to Afganistan. Beyond that, if a UN resolution condemning Israel, when the UN is the body that created the State of Israel, doesn't slow them down, what makes you think a pretty speach in Congress is going to lift an eyebrow?

Give me a dollar.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 03:03 AM

Meanwhile, they celebrate the release of a brutal murderer, and other criminals, as well as celebrating the deaths of 2 young israeli soldiers. Nah, not savages though.

i'm out.
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:29 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
Stang Seller, while I can't argue that Israel has conducted themselves honorably through the proceedings mentioned, I must point out that while neither side has a particularly good claim on the Holy land, the Palestinians have the weaker claim. Most Arab Palestinians are descended from those brought there to help T. H. Lawrence fight the Ottoman Turks during WWII, and those were mostly brought from Syria and Egypt. Further, prior to that conflict, Lebanon was mostly Eastern Orthodox, not Arabic and Muslim. The current claims made by militant groups are little more than a perpetuation of the propoganda the British fed them. For example, the British promised them a "Pan-Arabic" state that would stretch from Egypt to Afganistan. Beyond that, if a UN resolution condemning Israel, when the UN is the body that created the State of Israel, doesn't slow them down, what makes you think a pretty speach in Congress is going to lift an eyebrow?
And how is Israel's claim not justified? They were there for thousands of years, then forced out. They only want what's rightfully theirs. Nothing more, nothing less.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:30 AM
Out

Quote:
Meanwhile, they celebrate the release of a brutal murderer, and other criminals, as well as celebrating the deaths of 2 young israeli soldiers. Nah, not savages though.

i'm out.
Should have been cofin to cofin, but Israel was too civil about it. Go figure.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Factory Issue

Quote:
And how is Israel's claim not justified? They were there for thousands of years, then forced out. They only want what's rightfully theirs. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm saying Israel has the stronger claim on the land.

Give me a dollar.
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Out

Quote:
Ah, gotcha... I'm with you.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

why would israel have a stronger claim to the land?
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Time Served

Quote:
LOL at this remark!! The people in Israel today are almost entirely European Jews, they have no right on land that belonged to their ancestors over 1000 years ago! In that case, Iran has the right to take over everything from Turkey all the way across to the top of India.... because... well, at some point in time we had conquered all those lands.
Israel stole the land they are on now, and they are stealing more land with their illegal occupation.

Lowthreeoz, still wondering if you're going to address the points I've made.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Time Served

LOL @ Denny's remark! They were there for THOUUUUSANDS of years and then forced out. Yet when I say that Palestinians are having their land stolen etc etc you just say that they lost a war and the land was rightfully taken. Biased a little, maybe? What a punk. PS you're a pussy too.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:42 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Better give my land and house back to those injuns.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL at this remark!! The people in Israel today are almost entirely European Jews, they have no right on land that belonged to their ancestors over 1000 years ago! In that case, Iran has the right to take over everything from Turkey all the way across to the top of India.... because... well, at some point in time we had conquered all those lands.
Israel stole the land they are on now, and they are stealing more land with their illegal occupation.
Israel has every right to the land on which they live....Divine right.

If Iran feels they have have the right to take over the lands that once made up the Persian Empire, let them try and get them LOL
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Israel has every right to the land on which they live....Divine right.

If Iran feels they have have the right to take over the lands that once made up the Persian Empire, let them try and get them LOL
Wow. Divine Right? Your credibility just took a nosedive, I can't take you seriously anymore. I better beware, lest Jeebus cometh to whippeth my ass.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Lifer

My credibility with a snivelling expat like you is almost as important to me as the stench of the last shit I took.
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Israel took the land by force, and their goal is to get the rest of the city and rebuild the temple.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996
Israel took the land by force, and their goal is to get the rest of the city and rebuild the temple.
They didnt take the land by force. Resolution 181 created Israel. The force came later, once they were established enough to steal funding and weapons from America.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

they resolution created the state of israel, then they used US tax dollars to build an army, then used that army to take the city by force
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
SS
When this clown posts, it's like I'm reading a Peanuts cartoon: All I get is wah-wah-waaah-wah.

DFWMustangs.net
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:

Lowthreeoz, still wondering if you're going to address the points I've made.
SS
Actually, since its sovereignty was recognized by Resolution 181, they do have the stronger claim. Your focus on criticizing Israel is blinding you to the fact that this is the messiest political goat fuck of modern times. I don't think this is something that can be settled by peaceful political negotiation. I think they have to fight it out, or neither side will ever let it go.

Give me a dollar.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Actually, since its sovereignty was recognized by Resolution 181, they do have the stronger claim. Your focus on criticizing Israel is blinding you to the fact that this is the messiest political goat fuck of modern times. I don't think this is something that can be settled by peaceful political negotiation. I think they have to fight it out, or neither side will ever let it go.
The Palestinians I speak to all say the same thing. Fuck it, we just want to live. Most Palestinians are willing to recognize Israel, it's not like you can time travel and undo everything that has happened over the past 60 years. The Israeli's treat the Palestinians as animals, and they will obviously continue to retaliate until they are given a state. They have nothing, no control over anything.
You can thank the Brits for this mess, and nearly every other problem in the middle east. They are scumbags, and unfortunately today the Americans are taking the wrap for the buffoonery of Imperialist Britain. The US should stop supporting Israel, they already have a booming economy and see what becomes when Palestine is a recognized state with no Israeli settlements nestled inside.
You have to understand, as long as Israelis are undermining the peace effort there will be bloodshed. As long as the Israelis are humiliating and murdering the Palestinian people there will be bloodshed. Once the Israeli's get this holier-than-thou attitude in check, then there can be peace.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

the resolution created Israel, and later the Israelies took the gaza strip, eastern jerusalem, and the west bank in the 6 days war.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:28 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
The Palestinians I speak to all say the same thing. Fuck it, we just want to live. Most Palestinians are willing to recognize Israel, it's not like you can time travel and undo everything that has happened over the past 60 years. The Israeli's treat the Palestinians as animals, and they will obviously continue to retaliate until they are given a state. They have nothing, no control over anything.
You can thank the Brits for this mess, and nearly every other problem in the middle east. They are scumbags, and unfortunately today the Americans are taking the wrap for the buffoonery of Imperialist Britain. The US should stop supporting Israel, they already have a booming economy and see what becomes when Palestine is a recognized state with no Israeli settlements nestled inside.
You have to understand, as long as Israelis are undermining the peace effort there will be bloodshed. As long as the Israelis are humiliating and murdering the Palestinian people there will be bloodshed. Once the Israeli's get this holier-than-thou attitude in check, then there can be peace.
SS

LOL, my wife is fucked. Her mother's side is British Palestinian. haha.

But I do agree, once we get off of CNN, we'll find that most Palestinians (or Iraqis, or Iranians, or Americans, or etc.) just want to live their fucking lives in peace and raise their families and work.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
LOL, my wife is fucked. Her mother's side is British Palestinian. haha.

But I do agree, once we get off of CNN, we'll find that most Palestinians (or Iraqis, or Iranians, or Americans, or etc.) just want to live their fucking lives in peace and raise their families and work.
Ouch, poor girl.
It's not just CNN, but most people need to start learning to think for themselves. The governments stopped caring about their citizens years ago, they know what they can get away with. We all just want to live, make a solid living and pop out a few kids. What's so different from us in North America to those poor folks living in Palestine? They want the best for their kids. They don't want to be killed, only to have their children grow up with a festering hatred that feeds the suicide bomber mentality. They want education, health, and to be able to finally have some human rights as we all should have without the fear of repression or death.
SS

-Samuel Johnson
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
If Israel answers to international bodies, why have they not dismantled their illegal occupation of Palestine and their illegal establishment of "settlements" aka OCCUPIED ZONES as per many attempts by the UN which were all vetoed by the US???
What is this, Palestine? Who was the leader of this Palestine?

As for land taken from Syria, Egypt and Jordan in a war, I don't know what the problem is about. Every other country that has won a war has named the conditions of the end of hostilities. Why should Isreal be any different? Mexico lost over half of land to the US during the Mexican American War. Give it back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement