Obama might get lucky... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
Obama might get lucky...

i'm thinking that with energy and grocery prices rising like crazy, the stock market falling with no sign of a parachute opening, etc...a lot of people with their blinders on will think that if we get a dem in office everything will turn around. it's easy for people to ignore facts and blame the president for all of the nation's problems and figure that "this is what happened under this party so lets try the other party"...i think that obama is going to get a lot of voters from this camp. it's a win-win for him as he'll have years worth of blame for the previous presidency, so nothing has to necessarily get resolved in any quick manner and if it does, he did it! ie; if he's elected and the market bottoms out in january and starts an upward trend...obama was the answer!
STANGGT40 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
There are lots of sheep in this country...
GT Dan is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
i'm thinking that with energy and grocery prices rising like crazy, the stock market falling with no sign of a parachute opening, etc...a lot of people with their blinders on will think that if we get a dem in office everything will turn around. it's easy for people to ignore facts and blame the president for all of the nation's problems and figure that "this is what happened under this party so lets try the other party"...i think that obama is going to get a lot of voters from this camp. it's a win-win for him as he'll have years worth of blame for the previous presidency, so nothing has to necessarily get resolved in any quick manner and if it does, he did it! ie; if he's elected and the market bottoms out in january and starts an upward trend...obama was the answer!
I fear the same thing. My only hope is that EVERYONE at least hears his "no drilling" policy, and his taxation policies, and they show some common sense when they go into the booth.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Resident Curmudgeon
 
mardyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful East Texas
Posts: 3,232
At least 40% of the American public (and maybe more like 50%) lack the common sense to make an well informed decision on the upcoming election... and of those who'll be be voting, it will likely be for anybody but a republican. You can bet your ass on that.

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

mardyn is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn
and of those who'll be be voting, it will likely be for anybody but a republican. You can bet your ass on that.

mardyn
McCain is a RINO so he should win by a landslide if this is the case. I'll take a left leaning conservative over a socialist leaning liberal any day of the week though.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: tail end of where the hell are we road
Posts: 807
just what has a dem congress got them ? screw the president, dump the do nothing assholes that got voted in last. give them a dem president and it will be a train wreck looking for our ass pocket to happen in.

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
Bubbaearl is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 01:13 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Join me in praying for a suicide bomber to meet him in Iraq. Hopefully one of the idiots in this country will schedule the trip overseas on an MD80

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 01:23 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Join me in praying for a suicide bomber to meet him in Iraq. Hopefully one of the idiots in this country will schedule the trip overseas on an MD80


Magnus is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 01:41 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540


One of Obama's supporters talking about it

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaearl
just what has a dem congress got them ? screw the president, dump the do nothing assholes that got voted in last. give them a dem president and it will be a train wreck looking for our ass pocket to happen in.
the general public knows very little about congress, their conservative vs. democrat #'s, etc...they attribute everything to whomever is in the presidential office at the time and whichever party he is associated with. a good example of this is the great economy we had from '97 ish to '00...everyone attributed the tech boom to clinton, though he had nothing to do with it. ..and, of course, those same people thought that it was bush's fault that everything fell apart right after he took office. if you want another good example of this, go talk to someone (co-worker, family member, etc.) and ask them to explain to you what powers the president has, what his responsibilities are, and what they think that he can do about the condition of the economy and oil/gas prices (you may also ask if he is to blame for the current economy and oil/gas prices)...ask the same about congress. i think that you'll be pretty surprised at the answers you'll get.

or, if you don't want to go through all of that, just ask one of your co-workers or friends to name ONE person in congress.

brad
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:29 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600
Sadly you're right, the primaries are all about policy but the general election is all about personality. The "undecided" voters don't really go by the issues they go by whoever makes them feel good about themselves. In 2004 they voted for Bush because "they wanted to have a beer with him" and Kerry was too stiff. This time around it's Obama with the personality which is something that McCain seriously lacks. I cringed at the thought but really the only guy who had a chance to beat Obama on the personality front was Huckabee but he isn't even a VP candidate at this point. If McCain picks a guy like Romney his campaign is nuked.
ayzo is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
There is only one good thing that MIGHT happen if Obama wins.

The Republicans will actually start to act like Conservatives.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn
At least 40% of the American public (and maybe more like 50%) lack the common sense to make an well informed decision on the upcoming election... and of those who'll be be voting, it will likely be for anybody but a republican. You can bet your ass on that.

mardyn
Well if they did have common sense, and wasn't blinded, they would be voting for anybody but a republican or a democrat.

2009 Night train
Gripenfelter is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
There is only one good thing that MIGHT happen if Obama wins.

The Republicans will actually start to act like Conservatives.

Nah that still wont happen, cause by that time we wont be able to think for ourselves the govt will do all the thinking

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
MadMax404m is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome