Evander Holyfield KTFO - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Evander Holyfield KTFO

Quote:
The last time Evander Holyfield was making big news, he had just had his ear gnawed off by Mike Tyson in their now infamous “Bite Fight” — a boxing match that ended when Mr. Tyson was disqualified for biting off Mr. Holyfield’s ear in 1997. He reportedly earned $34 million for the bout.

That haul appears to be gone. The Associated Press is reporting that the former heavyweight champion’s $10 million estate in suburban Atlanta is in foreclosure. A legal notice that ran Wednesday in a small local paper said that Mr. Holyfield’s estate will be auctioned off at a local courthouse on July 1. According to the report: The 54,000-square-foot home — located on Evander Holyfield Highway — has 109 rooms, including 17 bathrooms, three kitchens and a bowling alley.

The foreclosure is just one of the former heavyweight’s financial woes: A federal lawsuit was filed about two weeks ago in Utah seeking repayment of $550,000 in loans allegedly made to Mr. Holyfield in late 2006 and early 2007 to pay for landscaping on his 235-acre estate. And the mother of one of his children is suing for unpaid child support.

Mr. Holyfield finds himself the latest on the list of celebrity foreclosures. Earlier in the week, the Journal reported on Ed McMahon’s housing woes. Jose Canseco made news in May when it was reported he would be walking away from a mortgage on his home. –Emily Friedlander
I want just one 34MM pay day. Freakin' 109 room house. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Token Union Member

Once a thug always a thug. How else can you explain going from rags to riches and back to rags all with in 20 years. In the mean time he probably blew over 150 million. I'm not picking on Holyfield either. He's not the first nor the last to do this exact same thing.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Once a thug always a thug. How else can you explain going from rags to riches and back to rags all with in 20 years. In the mean time he probably blew over 150 million. I'm not picking on Holyfield either. He's not the first nor the last to do this exact same thing.
Back in 2000 or so my wife talked me into doing one those "tour of the star's homes" thing in Hollywood. We did Brentwood and Beverly Hills.

One of the homes on the tour was a 1/2 constructed home belonging to Tyson. The tour dude said they are asking 25MM for the 1/2 built home. lol.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 12:58 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

not able to manage money, problem with these boxers is they don't realize someday the income will stop coming.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Lifer

I still think Holyfield was kicking Tyson's ass. I remember looking at one of my buddies at the ole pay per view party and saying "hey, I think your guy is biting my guy!!! What a retard".

Inquiry: Mr. Tyson. Are you educated enough that you can you use the word "dictate" in a sentence?
Tyson: Yeth.
Inquiry: Please do.
Tyson: OK. How my dic tate bitch?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 01:06 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I still think Holyfield was kicking Tyson's ass. I remember looking at one of my buddies at the ole pay per view party and saying "hey, I think your guy is biting my guy!!! What a retard".

Inquiry: Mr. Tyson. Are you educated enough that you can you use the word "dictate" in a sentence?
Tyson: Yeth.
Inquiry: Please do.
Tyson: OK. How my dic tate bitch?
I dont think we need to establish the uneducated scum that tyson is. Convicted rapist, biting peoples ears like a monkey in a fight, assaulting reporters, numerous convictions for drug possession, and he squandered $300 million so far. This is why morons shouldn't be paid this much.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Lifer

"stupid motherfucker" nuff said.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:18 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
not able to manage money, problem with these boxers is they don't realize someday the income will stop coming.
Should've opened a restaurant like Rocky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

well Holyfield was an exception to the rule and was not the usual THUG turn pro boxer! he made alot of money which he invested but was also known to give a helping hand and with bad investments and people asking for hand out's constently his money dwindle down to nothing but he still has millions and will just have to get rid of some of his mutli million dollar stuff! if there were only more fighters like Holyfield to represent Boxing!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Lifer

Don King is the MAN! You know how many fortunes that man has fucked fellow black people out of? He's the smartest asshole on earth. Amassed millions in fight money, and never put on a damn glove!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Don King is the MAN! You know how many fortunes that man has fucked fellow black people out of? He's the smartest asshole on earth. Amassed millions in fight money, and never put on a damn glove!
Eggsactly.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I want just one 34MM pay day. Freakin' 109 room house. lol
I guess he lived like a Billionaire, but only had millions to support it.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
I guess he lived like a Billionaire, but only had millions to support it.
Like Mike Vick. I heard he's done, too.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 10:49 PM
T-MINUS

I read an article years ago about Tyson. It asked the question "How to you go broke when you make $113 mil?" The answer "You spend $115 mil."

Dumbasses.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I read an article years ago about Tyson. It asked the question "How to you go broke when you make $113 mil?" The answer "You spend $115 mil."

Dumbasses.
LOL. I've heard a few different versions of that but it all amounts to the same thing. Bill Gates might have 30 billion dollars but if he spends 31 billion dollars he'll be a broke as motherfucker.

But, as I like to say, all I want is the rounding errors from the 100 accountants Gates probably has working for him. Just put it in a numbered account for me in Switzerland and all is good.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 07:15 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
LOL. I've heard a few different versions of that but it all amounts to the same thing. Bill Gates might have 30 billion dollars but if he spends 31 billion dollars he'll be a broke as motherfucker.

But, as I like to say, all I want is the rounding errors from the 100 accountants Gates probably has working for him. Just put it in a numbered account for me in Switzerland and all is good.
I'd be in on that one as well!

When you're talking such large dollars, little mistakes add up fast. I did hear that Gates switched to the Bank of America 'Keep the Change' account. He's trying to help things out since he's now retired and unsure about fuel prices

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 07:35 AM
duh...duh....duh

K, so as long as a lot of these things are still in their names they should still have millions left.

The sad part is that if they have to ONLY live 10x better than most of us, they feel like it is a tough life after living a multimillionaire's life. They feel so cramped in those 15-20,000 sq ft homes with only a 8 car garage, 50 acres and 1 basketball court. Not enough room for the baseball field sometimes.

My '03 Sold.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I'd be in on that one as well!

When you're talking such large dollars, little mistakes add up fast. I did hear that Gates switched to the Bank of America 'Keep the Change' account. He's trying to help things out since he's now retired and unsure about fuel prices
Do you think they do their spreadsheets in microsoft apps?

LOL! That could add up pretty damn fast. Precision calcs listing out things like 1.7E7 and shit!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 01:02 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

It's not just boxers or blacks. I remember when Jack Clark (former MLB player) filed chapter 7 during his second year of a 3 year contract with the Red Sox. He had 18 cars and had loans on 17 of them.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Money Made All Good

Between bad investments and all that child support, surprise he lasted this long. They say he was spending money before he made it, now its caught up with him, to bad. Mike Tyson lost that house that 50 Cent bought and it was fully furnished and had cars in the garage. Damn, how stupid can you get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement