Obama wants our children to speak spanish. - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Obama wants our children to speak spanish.

This guy is a fucking moron. Does he not know this is America? We speak engrish mofo.linky

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
The Dems are calling him a "unifier" for saying that. I call him a sympathizer.
Denny is offline  
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The Dems are calling him a "unifier" for saying that. I call him a sympathizer.
I call him a Dipshit.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
 
post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Num say'n? (tm)
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,702
gpamp's defense post in five...four...three...

DFWMustangs.net
JP135 is offline  
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Fuck spanish, learn Chinese. It'll get your farther.
Skidmark is offline  
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
Fuck spanish, learn Chinese. It'll get your farther.
Fuck Chinese... I hear they're nice.
Denny is offline  
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
Fuck spanish, learn Chinese. It'll get your farther.
True. "Fuckee suckee GI" is recognized world wide.
vetteracer is offline  
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,367
"Now, I agree that immigrants should learn English. I agree with that. But understand this.

Instead of worrying whether immigrants can learn English — they’ll learn English — you need to make sure your kids can speak Spanish.

You should be thinking about how can your child become bi-lingual. We should have every child speaking more than one language.

You know, it’s embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. Then we go over to Europe and all we can say is merci beaucoup." -Obama

I agree with him. It doesn't necessarily have to be Spanish but any language.
99MustangGT is offline  
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteracer
True. "Fuckee suckee GI" is recognized world wide.
And they say we didn't win Vietnam

Obama is an asshole. We will be converting English to a combination of ebonics and spanglish if this shitbag gets elected.

I'm still praying for a suicide bomber to head butt him.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Fuck Chinese... I hear they're nice.
Nice? I hear they like to make cat jerky
Skidmark is offline  
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Lifer
 
89gt-stanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 2,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
gpamp's defense post in five...four...three...
I think he pussed out this time.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
89gt-stanger is offline  
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
"Now, I agree that immigrants should learn English. I agree with that. But understand this.

Instead of worrying whether immigrants can learn English — they’ll learn English — you need to make sure your kids can speak Spanish.

You should be thinking about how can your child become bi-lingual. We should have every child speaking more than one language.

You know, it’s embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. Then we go over to Europe and all we can say is merci beaucoup." -Obama

I agree with him. It doesn't necessarily have to be Spanish but any language.
You are not looking at the message, you are just looking at the context. We already have to learn a 2nd language in school, he is just trying to "please" an audience, in the mean time, he is pushing his little sub-contexts of(look at the bolded part) trying to show how far off america is. For the love of god will someone explain to this guy WHY they speak english, and the rest of the languages in europe. I don't think most realize if we were anything like europe, we would have 50 different languages, for the 50 different states. Ever been to europe? They speak the other languages cause within a few hours of a drive you HAVE to. He needs to stop comparing america(in a bad way might I remind you) to the rest of the world, when the rest of the world, is trying to be like us.

Does he realize, we ARE NOT the ones that implemented the english language as the "buisness" language? They can speak english because for CENTURIES it has been the international language, not set by us, but set by the brits, WAY before america. The super-powers set the international language, always have and always will, because for any country to succed they have to be able to communicate with the super-powers!!

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
MadMax404m is offline  
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Lifer
 
slow06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,075
Where has Zara been? Wasn't he an Obama-nizer?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
slow06 is offline  
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
WTF is wrong with learning different languages? He's doing what all politicians do, pandering.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:06 PM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
WTF is wrong with learning different languages? He's doing what all politicians do, pandering.
I think learning a 2nd language at a younger age is a huge plus . Should it be required ? NO Should it be available in the lower grades as a class to expose young children to a 2nd language while making it fun to learn ? Sure why the fuck not .
thesource is offline  
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
I think he is wrong about immigrants learning to speak english. There are more and more people working at fast food restaurants around FW that don't speak english.

The candidate of a major party telling me that my child should learn Spanish is very scary. He is showing what his view of the world and our country is. That people who come over here should be accomodated and tolerated, even illegals, and we should learn to speak their language.

This is secular progressive extremism at it's worst.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:10 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax404m
You are not looking at the message, you are just looking at the context. We already have to learn a 2nd language in school, he is just trying to "please" an audience, in the mean time, he is pushing his little sub-contexts of(look at the bolded part) trying to show how far off america is. For the love of god will someone explain to this guy WHY they speak english, and the rest of the languages in europe. I don't think most realize if we were anything like europe, we would have 50 different languages, for the 50 different states. Ever been to europe? They speak the other languages cause within a few hours of a drive you HAVE to. He needs to stop comparing america(in a bad way might I remind you) to the rest of the world, when the rest of the world, is trying to be like us.

Does he realize, we ARE NOT the ones that implemented the english language as the "buisness" language? They can speak english because for CENTURIES it has been the international language, not set by us, but set by the brits, WAY before america. The super-powers set the international language, always have and always will, because for any country to succed they have to be able to communicate with the super-powers!!
Umm no.

I am not going to hold back my child or myself from learning an extra language because the rest of the world should learn English and a super power said that it's the "business" language to speak. So, everyone else in the world can speak our language, their language, and may be another language, but they're the asshole?!! I'd say that's completely retarded to think that way. Yes, we are Americans, but there is also the rest of the world. You shouldn't rely on just being an American to not learn about other cultures, people, and languages. One day, you may get pissed when a job offer goes to an Hispanic, Asian, German, ect because they needed someone that's bilingual, and well you're an American, why would you want to speak any other language than English, right??!
99MustangGT is offline  
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
Umm no.

I am not going to hold back my child or myself from learning an extra language because the rest of the world should learn English and a super power said that it's the "business" language to speak. So, everyone else in the world can speak our language, their language, and may be another language, but they're the asshole?!! I'd say that's completely retarded to think that way. Yes, we are Americans, but there is also the rest of the world. You shouldn't rely on just being an American to not learn about other cultures, people, and languages. One day, you may get pissed when a job offer goes to an Hispanic, Asian, German, ect because they needed someone that's bilingual, and well you're an American, why would you want to speak any other language than English, right??!
I never said they were the assholes, nor did I say hold your child or anyone else back. WE ARE ALREADY REQUIRED TO LEARN A 2ND LANGUAGE. Actually 2 years worth of learning a second language. If you would listen to how obama puts all of this, he is not trying to say americans should speak a 2nd language, he is saying americans HAVE to speak a second language because its embarrasing for us to not be able to communicate with tourists. I know french, I HAD to learn a 2nd language so I did. What dont you get about the rest of the world HAS to speak english, it is the international language of buisness. Like I said, WE did not implicate that, it was implicated before america was born. Its not OUR policy that they have to know english, it is the most common form of language in the world. They dont have to know english, but lets see a country that doesnt know english as some sort of a 2nd or 3rd language get by. Just being an american doesnt mean I cant speak other languages though. I am just tired of people comparing america to the countries of europe on language barriers, there is a reason to why they speak spanish, german, french, english, dutch etc, if oklahoma, la, ark, NM had their own languages I would speak them as well as texas. I have seen job offerings go to bilingual people over non-bilingual people already, I had to interview them. We have no "national" language, so why not learn every language in the world? Which is what your description of it is portraying.

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
MadMax404m is offline  
post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Boooooooooo yo no hablo espanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
WTF is wrong with learning different languages? He's doing what all politicians do, pandering.
Nothing, but the government shouldn't be telling you that you have to speak multiple languages. Also, his reasoning is way off: he says immigrants WILL learn english, but for some reason, I'm not seeing that happening.

Slowhand is offline  
post #21 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:40 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
My oldest (12) is pretty fluent in spanish. She is learning Chinese (not sure what flavor, I told the tutor Chinese Business dialect).

Youngest is still learning Spanish and will start taking Chinese in a couple of years.

I don't know what the fucking issue is. Typically those in business in Europe know quite a few different languages. I know our office in London (between all of them) can cover Europe and Asia in languages fluent in.

I use to be fluent in Spanish and French. I lost most of my French but can still get around Mexico on my Engnish.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #22 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:41 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Nothing, but the government shouldn't be telling you that you have to speak multiple languages. Also, his reasoning is way off: he says immigrants WILL learn english, but for some reason, I'm not seeing that happening.
He is just telling you if you want to be marketable in the years moving forward you better know more than English.

Hell, I have to write software to support 10 different languages now. We hire that shit out and sometimes the results are absolutely comical.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #23 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
My oldest (12) is pretty fluent in spanish. She is learning Chinese (not sure what flavor, I told the tutor Chinese Business dialect).

Youngest is still learning Spanish and will start taking Chinese in a couple of years.

I don't know what the fucking issue is. Typically those in business in Europe know quite a few different languages. I know our office in London (between all of them) can cover Europe and Asia in languages fluent in.

I use to be fluent in Spanish and French. I lost most of my French but can still get around Mexico on my Engnish.
My thinking behind this topic is the people coming to live here need to make an effort to learn the language.(I guess I think like the french on this topic) I am certainly not against learning languages if a person is smart they should learn. As far as your kid learning Chinese(business Chinese) good for you smart idea for her future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #24 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
TexasDevilDog is offline  
post #25 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Might as well learn Spanish, they are too stupid to learn english.
Just to lazy that is all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #26 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:00 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
My thinking behind this topic is the people coming to live here need to make an effort to learn the language.(I guess I think like the french on this topic) I am certainly not against learning languages if a person is smart they should learn. As far as your kid learning Chinese(business Chinese) good for you smart idea for her future.
The only place I've done business in where talking English is a no-no is France. Hell, the companies in France wouldn't even look at our software until we had a French language version.

You are right, if I ever decided to live in another country I'd be certain to learn the language. Just makes sense and I'm always up to a challenge. The reason I was fluent in French was because I grew up there for two years. I was only in kindergarten and 1st grade so there was a time I knew more French than English.

Same with Spanish. I live in Spain for a couple years growing up so I learned it.

I doubt I'll ever go to China other than a vacation. We do sell our software there but it is handled through our office in Europe. But I do have the Rosetta Stone CDs and I'm slowly learning phrases and such. When I have to get on the phone with a Chinese client we talk in English but I'll insert what I now every know and then. It impresses the hell out of them and makes them remember our company.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #27 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
The only place I've done business in where talking English is a no-no is France. Hell, the companies in France wouldn't even look at our software until we had a French language version.

You are right, if I ever decided to live in another country I'd be certain to learn the language. Just makes sense and I'm always up to a challenge. The reason I was fluent in French was because I grew up there for two years. I was only in kindergarten and 1st grade so there was a time I knew more French than English.

Same with Spanish. I live in Spain for a couple years growing up so I learned it.

I doubt I'll ever go to China other than a vacation. We do sell our software there but it is handled through our office in Europe. But I do have the Rosetta Stone CDs and I'm slowly learning phrases and such. When I have to get on the phone with a Chinese client we talk in English but I'll insert what I now every know and then. It impresses the hell out of them and makes them remember our company.

My mother speaks french and she kind of gave me a heads up when I visited there but damn don't try asking for directions from those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #28 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
That is the reason why I learned french, its one of the only countries I have been to that wont speak english in most cases. I would have loved to take chinese, but all they offered was japanese and that I wasnt going to do since the last time I went there everyone knew abunch of english. Chinese will be the "new" buisness language, maybe not in my lifetime but one day it will, they are growing WAY to fast for it not to be. Then every country will implement chinese as a second language. I am no where near against learning another language, and since it is already required to graduate High School what BO says is a mute point, I just like how he compares US in a negative way to the rest of the world, which was my big stink about the whole deal.

01WC very smart in letting your girls learn chinese, that will surely help them quite a bit in their later years. I talked to some guys at IMG when they were here for the fall nationals(which is the reason I am going into marketing by the way, those people definatly know how to make money the right way) told me you better know at the least english and french, and chinese in the next 5-10yrs if you want to work internationally cause it is growing STRONG with all buisnesses now as their economy started to boom.

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
MadMax404m is offline  
post #29 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
I think he/we need to be more concerned about getting our kids a solid basic education which ain't happening. Then if they choose to learn something other than ENGLISH, it should be their choice.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #30 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:14 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I think he/we need to be more concerned about getting our kids a solid basic education which ain't happening. Then if they choose to learn something other than ENGLISH, it should be their choice.
My kids are getting a great education in public school.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #31 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
My kids are getting a great education in public school.

Highland Park???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #32 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Lifer
 
564826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,332
WTF, I am an American the world revolves around me. To say otherwise is unpatriotic!!!
564826 is offline  
post #33 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by 564826
WTF, I am an American the world revolves around me. To say otherwise is unpatriotic!!!

Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #34 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
He is just telling you if you want to be marketable in the years moving forward you better know more than English.

Hell, I have to write software to support 10 different languages now. We hire that shit out and sometimes the results are absolutely comical.
I did not hear the marketable part, and with his extreme secular progressive leanings, I don't assume he meant that.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #35 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
I did not hear the marketable part, and with his extreme secular progressive leanings, I don't assume he meant that.
Right. It's more of a sympathizing effort to gain the votes of hispanics. But you have to admit, Eric has a point.
Denny is offline  
post #36 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Mandarin > x
slow99 is offline  
post #37 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:54 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Talking

he want be us learn more? BOOOOOO!

Seriously, I went through this thread and thank God I didn't try and actually count the mispellings and improper uses of the language that most of you deem is the only one you need, to live in this country.

Is it really that ass-backwards in here, now? Are we going to start square dancing and screwing relatives? Being conservative is one thing, but wanting to step backwards is a whole other school of thought. Maybe if we think that "they're" too stupid to learn English, we should go back to the Klan days, eh?

The sad thing is, English is one of the hardest languages to learn if you've never spoken it. I mean, silvercobra said "to lazy" instead of "too lazy". While trying to say that Mexicans were too lazy to learn English, he demonstrated his lack of respect, or lack of education, of said language. Spanish, on the other hand, is EASY to learn. Their vocabulary is small, compared to English. And it's the second most spoken language in America. No one's saying we should all convert to speaking it alone. But a bi-lingual person is a smarter person.

I would even say learning Chinese would be smart. Especially once we start having to repay W's debt to them. Thank God I'm good with chopsticks.
gpamp is offline  
post #38 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Don't forget this is a message board. No one cares about how they type...

I know I catch myself on here when I'm working and if things get busy I type, but don't pay much attention. If there's a typo, fuck it
Skidmark is offline  
post #39 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:47 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
he want be us learn more? BOOOOOO!

Seriously, I went through this thread and thank God I didn't try and actually count the mispellings and improper uses of the language that most of you deem is the only one you need, to live in this country.

Is it really that ass-backwards in here, now? Are we going to start square dancing and screwing relatives? Being conservative is one thing, but wanting to step backwards is a whole other school of thought. Maybe if we think that "they're" too stupid to learn English, we should go back to the Klan days, eh?

The sad thing is, English is one of the hardest languages to learn if you've never spoken it. I mean, silvercobra said "to lazy" instead of "too lazy". While trying to say that Mexicans were too lazy to learn English, he demonstrated his lack of respect, or lack of education, of said language. Spanish, on the other hand, is EASY to learn. Their vocabulary is small, compared to English. And it's the second most spoken language in America. No one's saying we should all convert to speaking it alone. But a bi-lingual person is a smarter person.

I would even say learning Chinese would be smart. Especially once we start having to repay W's debt to them. Thank God I'm good with chopsticks.
It's not about learning more. Even someone as blind and dumb as you can see that.
Denny is offline  
post #40 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:55 AM
The Janitor
 
32VfromHell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital
Posts: 16,424
i agree that we need to learn more languages, and unfortunately, we havent started learning at a young enough age. When i was learning a second language, i was already 14 and thats far too old to really get a language down pat and easy.

I think Obama makes a good point here, believe it or not.
32VfromHell is offline  
post #41 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 05:03 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell
i agree that we need to learn more languages, and unfortunately, we havent started learning at a young enough age. When i was learning a second language, i was already 14 and thats far too old to really get a language down pat and easy.

I think Obama makes a good point here, believe it or not.
It's alway good to know more, but you and most of these people are missing the point. He doesn't give a shit, he's just fishing for the hispanic vote.
Denny is offline  
post #42 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:20 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
It's alway good to know more, but you and most of these people are missing the point. He doesn't give a shit, he's just fishing for the hispanic vote.
IMO, I think he does give a shit. I'm ok with arguing stats or facts, but intent is not as easy. I'm guessing McCain doesn't bow to any voter group?
gpamp is offline  
post #43 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
IMO, I think he does give a shit. I'm ok with arguing stats or facts, but intent is not as easy. I'm guessing McCain doesn't bow to any voter group?
Sure, they all do. I've pointed it out about quite a few. I just don't agree with most of it.
Denny is offline  
post #44 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:59 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
I did not hear the marketable part, and with his extreme secular progressive leanings, I don't assume he meant that.
Ah, I forgot, he was talking to you and needed to spell it out completely since you lack the normal common sense.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #45 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Right. It's more of a sympathizing effort to gain the votes of hispanics. But you have to admit, Eric has a point.
I see how he came up with his opinion, I just disagree.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #46 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Ah, I forgot, he was talking to you and needed to spell it out completely since you lack the normal common sense.
That's right, you just tell me what he meant, I can't figure it out for myself.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #47 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 11:42 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
That's right, you just tell me what he meant, I can't figure it out for myself.
You can't. I'm glad you understand you can't.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #48 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
he want be us learn more? BOOOOOO!

Seriously, I went through this thread and thank God I didn't try and actually count the mispellings and improper uses of the language that most of you deem is the only one you need, to live in this country.

Is it really that ass-backwards in here, now? Are we going to start square dancing and screwing relatives? Being conservative is one thing, but wanting to step backwards is a whole other school of thought. Maybe if we think that "they're" too stupid to learn English, we should go back to the Klan days, eh?

The sad thing is, English is one of the hardest languages to learn if you've never spoken it. I mean, silvercobra said "to lazy" instead of "too lazy". While trying to say that Mexicans were too lazy to learn English, he demonstrated his lack of respect, or lack of education, of said language. Spanish, on the other hand, is EASY to learn. Their vocabulary is small, compared to English. And it's the second most spoken language in America. No one's saying we should all convert to speaking it alone. But a bi-lingual person is a smarter person.

I would even say learning Chinese would be smart. Especially once we start having to repay W's debt to them. Thank God I'm good with chopsticks.
hahaha you got me there my grammer and spelling is terrible



The sad thing is, English is one of the hardest languages to learn if you've never spoken it. I mean, silvercobra said "to lazy" instead of "too lazy". While trying to say that Mexicans were too lazy to learn English, he demonstrated his lack of respect, or lack of education, of said language. Spanish, on the other hand, is EASY to learn. Their vocabulary is small, compared to English. And it's the second most spoken language in America. No one's saying we should all convert to speaking it alone. But a bi-lingual person is a smarter person.

WTF? first both of my parents are from different countries so I know exactly what I am saying the mexicans, central, and or south americans coming to live here that have not learn our language yet are TO LAZY (that was for gpamp) for you information english is not that hard to learn my mom is from Bolivia and she learned this language just fine. But you are right about being bi-lingual those people are smart and more people coming to live here need to follow your advice hell if I went to live in Bolivia I would for sure learn spanish I would not expect the people to learn english how stupid does that sound. Also I don't expect the grammer to be good just as long as I can understand what they are saying.(lol I added that last part for me since my grammer and spelling is terrible)

Damn you gpamp picking on my weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.

Last edited by silvercobra03; 07-12-2008 at 06:00 PM.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #49 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You can't. I'm glad you understand you can't.
You are such an arrogant ass!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #50 of 74 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Hero in a half shell
 
Fobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richmond Tx
Posts: 2,584
I think this is one thing I don't actually disagree with obama about. Learning another language is a good thing, not a bad thing. Learning another language makes you more marketable.

Fobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome