I think that if Obama becomes President then where pretty muched fucked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]$

well duh... . Fucked as in higher taxes, more gun bans, catering to other countries....that kind of fucked?

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:08 PM
$uper $low

Quote:

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Personally, I'm going with you are pretty much fucked regardless. My 7 year old could put together better spelling.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Out

Thumbs up

Thread of the year!!! LOL
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Personally, I'm going with you are pretty much fucked regardless. My 7 year old could put together better spelling.
Hay... that's just hour publik edumicasion at werk...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Lifer

I think we are fucked either way...if we can get the McCain from 8 months ago we would be fine. the McCain who said tax cuts during war time were idiotic, did not favor torture, had an energy policy that involved less oil dependency. as a McCain supporter for many years, I was disappointed when he changed his positions.

as for Obama, I can see why people like him, more money for college students, more benefits poor and working class, tax breaks for middle class. but of course he wants to raise the capital gains tax which is going to hurt anyone like me who makes a living trading options.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996
I think we are fucked either way...if we can get the McCain from 8 months ago we would be fine. the McCain who said tax cuts during war time were idiotic, did not favor torture, had an energy policy that involved less oil dependency. as a McCain supporter for many years, I was disappointed when he changed his positions.

as for Obama, I can see why people like him, more money for college students, more benefits poor and working class, tax breaks for middle class. but of course he wants to raise the capital gains tax which is going to hurt anyone like me who makes a living trading options.
Raising taxes will hurt EVERYONE. Let's face it...a CEO will not give up net income, even if it means turning working-class employee's loose.

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Raising taxes will hurt EVERYONE. Let's face it...a CEO will not give up net income, even if it means turning working-class employee's loose.
the idea that wealthy Americans will some how punish lower class Americans if their taxes are raised is absurd. just like the notion that cutting the taxes for the wealthiest Americans would some how lead their savings to trickle down and find its way into the pockets of the lower class Americans. it just does not happen

however, if we cut taxes and borrow money instead, that hurts lower class people the most, because it breads inflation.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
the idea that wealthy Americans will some how punish lower class Americans if their taxes are raised is absurd. just like the notion that cutting the taxes for the wealthiest Americans would some how lead their savings to trickle down and find its way into the pockets of the lower class Americans. it just does not happen

however, if we cut taxes and borrow money instead, that hurts lower class people the most, because it breads inflation.
So what you are saying is that Mrs. Bairds is behind this whole inflation thing? That yeast is inflating our economy? I guess we can link the yeast to the corn. If one were making a corn based "Shine" then yeast would be involved. Since corn ethanol is "supposed" to ease oil dependency, we can therefore link it to the fuel prices, therefore leading to the trouble with our economy. Holy Shit we solved our problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
something I read everyday at work:

All things start as a dream
All dreams start as a plan
All plans consist of thought out steps
All steps are not without a price

Dream, plan, pay the price - DO IT!
LPC ID: black2002ls (22975)
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:

So you think the wealthy will change their lifestyle if they can cut back on employee's to make up for it? You're not being realistic. I'll go with the Reagan economic strategy, rather than the Jimma Carter plan...

"Punishment" is such a strong word...they wouldn't do it intentionally, but they would do it nonetheless.

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So you think the wealthy will change their lifestyle if they can cut back on employee's to make up for it? You're not being realistic. I'll go with the Reagan economic strategy, rather than the Jimma Carter plan...

"Punishment" is such a strong word...they wouldn't do it intentionally, but they would do it nonetheless.
in the last 5 years wealthy americans in particular have lost out big time due to the economy, thanks to the market, and inflation, and several other factors. over 15% of their wealth according to Forbes, yet we have not seen mass layoffs (though unemployment is up, slightly)

I am all for cutting taxes, but if you cut taxes you need to spend less for it to work, otherwise you have to borrow money to make up for the difference. where is the money going to come from to pay off our debts? at some point that money has to be paid back
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
in the last 5 years wealthy americans in particular have lost out big time due to the economy, thanks to the market, and inflation, and several other factors. over 15% of their wealth according to Forbes, yet we have not seen mass layoffs (though unemployment is up, slightly)

I am all for cutting taxes, but if you cut taxes you need to spend less for it to work, otherwise you have to borrow money to make up for the difference. where is the money going to come from to pay off our debts? at some point that money has to be paid back
There are more millionaires by far, than ever before (also a Forbes reference). A lot of lay-offs in larger companies, are middle-management positions. We can guess why...The wealthy will not miss so much as a Bentley payment, if they can cut loose a few "working-class" folk. The rich make this country run, like it or not.

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I think what's really going to fuck us is that you're a decent representation of the fuckheaded retards of my generation.

post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
There are more millionaires by far, than ever before (also a Forbes reference). A lot of lay-offs in larger companies, are middle-management positions. We can guess why...The wealthy will not miss so much as a Bentley payment, if they can cut loose a few "working-class" folk. The rich make this country run, like it or not.
its not the rich that make this country run. Capital makes this country run, and there is a difference.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
its not the rich that make this country run. Capital makes this country run, and there is a difference.
And who has the "capital"? Call it what you want...

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Out

Rich control the money, so...
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Lifer

not every rich person has capital, and just because you have capital does not mean you are rich.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Out

Quote:
not every rich person has capital, and just because you have capital does not mean you are rich.
The fuck?
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
You're extremely wrong about that, but capital can get you into the Capitol.

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The fuck?

I don't think he even knows. I'm tempted to think this is Zara's new screen name, but he hasn't pulled the philosophy card..... Yet.
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
The fuck?
I'm getting the "tired head" here. It's semantics, now. It's like, Liberal Economics 101 or some-such.
Is cannonball996 really Zara incognito?

post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I don't think he even knows. I'm tempted to think this is Zara's new screen name, but he hasn't pulled the philosophy card..... Yet.
Dammit! You beat me to it!

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I think what's really going to fuck us is that you're a decent representation of the fuckheaded retards of my generation.
You know what is really sad? That new Wall-e movie is about how bad humans are with global warming and such, so if the generation behind us is learning that stuff so young dont just think our generation is bad, think of the next one behind us. Were all f*cked in the long run no matter who becomes president.

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128