US school system getting critiqued - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Out

US school system getting critiqued

I agree with this article, in a sense that our schools don't spend the time to teach the necessities needed once the child graduates. Where I have a problem, is that these parents are putting the sole blame on the schools. Parents should be the primary educators here. Let the schools take care of the simple reading, writing, math, science, etc. The partents should be supporting/assisting the child with his/her work at home IN ADDIDTION TO the "courses" being taught at home, which include: Being a Contributing Member of Society 101, Advanced Decency and Manners, Intro to the Familiy's Financial Structure, A Review of Mom and Dad's Past Fuck-ups, Spiritual Wholeness (elective), Independence from Government, Surviving a Wrecked Economy, etc...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25419197

People need to stop using schools to bring up their children. If you don't think the schools are doing a sufficient job, then put your two cents into your children's learning (which should be done anyway).

And if you think that our school systems got fucked when they went public, under the government, just wait until health care gets there! LMFAO!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

I'd have to agree. I'm not sure I really learned anything all that useful in high school. Thankfully my parents have educated me extremely well, although a lot of that probably has do with the fact that I constantly pestered them with questions about everything throughout my childhood.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 08:55 AM
IA2

I agree that parents have a responsibility to add to what their kids learn in school in order to prepare them for life. There is no way that the school can (or should) attempt to do this. There are some good school districts out there; my oldest daughter had to choose between pre-calc or statistics for her sophomore year, and I believe she gets into trig somewhere along the line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement