Brillant! - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Brillant!

I love our DC representatives! (I like Poe, I think of him as Ron Paul, Lite)


My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
That's fucking awesome. Too bad none of them have the sack to speak up like that about our current oil situation.
bcoop is offline  
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 08:49 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Thumbs up

I may write him in for President come November. That was badass.
talisman is offline  
 
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 PM
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
damn
grove rat is offline  
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:01 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
I was so impressed I even emailed him and told him right on.
talisman is offline  
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Sign I saw on the ground:
 
barronj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,257
I would've stood up & cheered, had I been in the gallery. Whistles & all, a whoopin' & a hollerin'.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
barronj is offline  
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Chances of these type common sense messages being conveyed to the American public = 0%.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Chances of these type common sense messages being conveyed to the American public = 0%.


The sad truth.
bcoop is offline  
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:37 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Chances of these type common sense messages being conveyed to the American public = 0%.

http://poe.house.gov/


Over 1 million views of that video might say otherwise.
talisman is offline  
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
LMAO... I was waiting for him to drop the bulb and break it so they had to clear the room for 15 min and find some duct tape and a glass jar

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
http://poe.house.gov/


Over 1 million views of that video might say otherwise.
So. How many million "internet hits" do you think RP had? Maybe I should have the America general public. You could be right? Let's see what grows legs and what don't. Yep...I'm getting pretty cynical.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
LMAO... I was waiting for him to drop the bulb and break it so they had to clear the room for 15 min and find some duct tape and a glass jar
Same here. I just knew he would.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
So. How many million "internet hits" do you think RP had? Maybe I should have the America general public. You could be right? Let's see what grows legs and what don't. Yep...I'm getting pretty cynical.


What in the wide wide world of sports are you talking about?
talisman is offline  
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
What in the wide wide world of sports are you talking about?
Lost? OK...you say that the Poe video has been viewed by a million people as if that will make something happen. I say that RP's common sense messages were seen online (pretty much only) by waaay more than a million people and so what. I'm not getting into a RP debate either. That chance at good fortune has come and gone to make way for "lessers of evils". I'm saying that 1 out of 300 milion people seeing it ain't shit. Especially after the media gets done with it. I'll betcha you won't see that clip on TV.

Also I left out the word "said" in "Maybe I should have said general public..."

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Lost? OK...you say that the Poe video has been viewed by a million people as if that will make something happen. I say that RP's common sense messages were seen online (pretty much only) by waaay more than a million people and so what. I'm not getting into a RP debate either. That chance at good fortune has come and gone to make way for "lessers of evils". I'm saying that 1 out of 300 milion people seeing it ain't shit. Especially after the media gets done with it. I'll betcha you won't see that clip on TV.

Also I left out the word "said" in "Maybe I should have said general public..."


You gotta stop drinking so much at night. LOL! Outta left field.
bcoop is offline  
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
You gotta stop drinking so much at night. LOL! Outta left field.
And I ain't moving.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
So. How many million "internet hits" do you think RP had? Maybe I should have the America general public. You could be right? Let's see what grows legs and what don't. Yep...I'm getting pretty cynical.
How much name recognition did Poe have prior to this? I did know him prior to this but he isn't a name outside of Houston... until now.

As I told you before, Ron Paul was probably spot on, but you cannot institute that much change within the time frame he wanted to.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
As I told you before, Ron Paul was probably spot on, but you cannot institute that much change within the time frame he wanted to.
Great point, and I agree. But I don't think we have time to be subtle.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Great point, and I agree. But I don't think we have time to be subtle.
I agree with you... totally. I believe if Ron Paul would have toned it down some he could have slid in the nomination. What he would have done once he was in office is another thing! haha.

It would have been tough since I believe both the House and Senate go "really" democrat this year.

Maybe what this country needs (and hopefully can survive) is 4 years of a really democratically controlled Congress along with Obama.

We'd convert the entire country to Republicans for the next 50 years.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I agree with you... totally. I believe if Ron Paul would have toned it down some he could have slid in the nomination. What he would have done once he was in office is another thing! haha.

It would have been tough since I believe both the House and Senate go "really" democrat this year.

Maybe what this country needs (and hopefully can survive) is 4 years of a really democratically controlled Congress along with Obama.

We'd convert the entire country to Republicans for the next 50 years.
I think RP is enough an "un-owned" leader that he could easily work with either party and lead by example. I also firmly believe that if we don't get beyond this bickering dems and reps, crips and bloods, shiites and sunnis, bandidos and angels, type mentality we're doomed as far as life as we want it.
I still can't believe the pace that I saw this country go from being so united to so divided.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I still can't believe the pace that I saw this country go from being so united to so divided.
It was pretty fucking fast. Certainly well within my generation. Wait... maybe I'm the problem.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
It was pretty fucking fast. Certainly well within my generation. Wait... maybe I'm the problem.
No, I'm talking within months. We're all the problem. We all have to be "right" and stick to it.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
No, I'm talking within months. We're all the problem.
Nah, this shit has been building for a couple of decades. It's just now making it to Texas.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Nah, this shit has been building for a couple of decades. It's just now making it to Texas.
I say seceed and throw their asses out. We got oil, money, military, womens, breasteses....

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
He is more than RP "Lite" as you call him Eric, he comes across like a logical, decent, and sane Representative. I like him!

Anyone know what his stance is on the War on Terror?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
 
lowthreeohz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hurst-Useless-Bedford area
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
He is more than RP "Lite" as you call him Eric, he comes across like a logical, decent, and sane Representative. I like him!

Anyone know what his stance is on the War on Terror?
Turn the lights out on 'em!

http://poe.house.gov/Issues/Issue/?IssueID=3981

Quote:
I am firmly committed to finishing the job in Iraq. I believe it is in the best interest of the United States to complete our mission. War is hard, but retreat and a unilateral withdrawal is a plan for another Vietnam failure. Abandonment is what our enemy wants. The United States must remain focused and committed to equipping the Iraqi people in their quest for democracy and freedom. In November of 2007, I joined my colleagues in voting against H.R. 4156, a bill that called for the immediate removal of our troops from Iraq.
lowthreeohz is offline  
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
(and hopefully can survive)
It'd certainly be a reality check for the American public. Unfortunately, I don't know if this country can survive that. The programs, spending and mindsets initiated under that regime would cripple this country.

Slowhand is offline  
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz
This guy is my hero!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz
who is this guy and why have I never heard of him before?! oh, wait, he has a brain; no one in Washington would put up with logic like that!

Slowhand is offline  
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 01:07 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
When he says "now we can say goodbye to Thomas Edison's invention", he sounds sad. Like progress sucks.

Other than that, the only thing he's a little over-the-top with, is the mercury. There's actually not as much mercury in them as he's making it out to be. In fact, a lot of the info he's reading is on Snopes.

Oh, and he mentioned them being made in China. I don't know of many NORMAL bulbs that are made in America. But he should've Googled. I found some CFL's made in USA. http://www.usstuff.com/lightinc.htm
gpamp is offline  
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
When he says "now we can say goodbye to Thomas Edison's invention", he sounds sad. Like progress sucks.

Other than that, the only thing he's a little over-the-top with, is the mercury. There's actually not as much mercury in them as he's making it out to be. In fact, a lot of the info he's reading is on Snopes.

Oh, and he mentioned them being made in China. I don't know of many NORMAL bulbs that are made in America. But he should've Googled. I found some CFL's made in USA. http://www.usstuff.com/lightinc.htm
Typical of your candy ass to bash someone(a Republican) for calling it like he sees it, he didn't overstate the mercury level he simply read what was expected of consumers by the EPA. Can mercury kill you yes; can the amount in a single light bulb, no. Since when have Americans ever disposed of shit properly?

Who is the government to tell us what kind of light bulbs we can or cannot use? I'll answer that, the dam democrats, the ones who are soon to guarantee a Republican led Senate because they are about as useful as taking a set of golf clubs bowling or you to war. Keyword "some" you found some CFL's made in America. I happen to have both types of bulbs at my house and prefer the Edison style and as someone who understands the cost of freedom (you really don't) I don't take kindly to any member of the Government telling me what type of light bulb to use, maybe you do, which tells me you are willing to give up your freedoms because you lack the ability to comprehend when you give the government an inch they will take a mile.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Typical of your candy ass to bash someone(a Republican) for calling it like he sees it, he didn't overstate the mercury level he simply read what was expected of consumers by the EPA. Can mercury kill you yes; can the amount in a single light bulb, no. Since when have Americans ever disposed of shit properly?

Who is the government to tell us what kind of light bulbs we can or cannot use? I'll answer that, the damocrats, the ones who are soon to guarantee a Republican led Senate because they are about as useful as taking a set of golf clubs bowling or you to war. Keyword "some" you found some CFL's made in America. I happen to have both types of bulbs at my house and prefer the Edison style and as someone who understands the cost of freedom (you really don't) I don't take kindly to any member of the Government telling me what type of light bulb to use, maybe you do, which tells me you are willing to give up your freedoms because you lack the ability to comprehend when you give the government an inch they will take a mile.
Fixed for ya there buddy.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 07:38 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash

Who is the government to tell us what kind of light bulbs we can or cannot use? I'll answer that, the dam democrats,
While I agree with that statement we should also hold accountable the Republican controlled congress that passed the 2005 energy act that forced Ethanol on us all. That's working REALLY well too [/sarcasm]

The Republicans also allowed the Enron Loophole that limited government regulation of the energy commodity markets that has helped with a lot of the oil speculation we see today. This Republican administration granted exemptions to hedge funds on regulations that restrict how much of a commodity an entity can buy (to prevent speculation and market manipulation)

I could go on and on... But my point is, there isn't a damn difference between the Republican and Democrats in Congress and there is very little difference between the Presidential candidates (except maybe on the war)

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
I could go on and on... But my point is, there isn't a damn difference between the Republican and Democrats in Congress and there is very little difference between the Presidential candidates (except maybe on the war)
Yep.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
While I agree with that statement we should also hold accountable the Republican controlled congress that passed the 2005 energy act that forced Ethanol on us all. That's working REALLY well too [/sarcasm]

The Republicans also allowed the Enron Loophole that limited government regulation of the energy commodity markets that has helped with a lot of the oil speculation we see today. This Republican administration granted exemptions to hedge funds on regulations that restrict how much of a commodity an entity can buy (to prevent speculation and market manipulation)

I could go on and on... But my point is, there isn't a damn difference between the Republican and Democrats in Congress and there is very little difference between the Presidential candidates (except maybe on the war)
And the dems said they would lower gas prices once they were in control. Well since they have been in power it has went up so what are they waiting on?

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:22 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Typical of your candy ass to bash someone(a Republican) for calling it like he sees it, he didn't overstate the mercury level he simply read what was expected of consumers by the EPA. Can mercury kill you yes; can the amount in a single light bulb, no. Since when have Americans ever disposed of shit properly?

Who is the government to tell us what kind of light bulbs we can or cannot use? I'll answer that, the dam democrats, the ones who are soon to guarantee a Republican led Senate because they are about as useful as taking a set of golf clubs bowling or you to war. Keyword "some" you found some CFL's made in America. I happen to have both types of bulbs at my house and prefer the Edison style and as someone who understands the cost of freedom (you really don't) I don't take kindly to any member of the Government telling me what type of light bulb to use, maybe you do, which tells me you are willing to give up your freedoms because you lack the ability to comprehend when you give the government an inch they will take a mile.
Calling it like you see it doesn't always mean "correctly stating". If Joe Biden got up and started talking about investing in a really great opportunity, that could triple the amount of money in the Fed, and all we had to do was deposit a check from Nigeria... I'd say the same thing. He was basing his findings off of an e-mail spam.

And he said there were none of those things made in the US. I proved him wrong.

So... he calls it like he sees it, and I call it like it is? I know I'm not the only one that could've looked up something to see if what he said was correct. And it's not "bashing" him, to do so. You're upset that I pointed it out, I guess.

Want some cheese with that whine?
gpamp is offline  
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
While I agree with that statement we should also hold accountable the Republican controlled congress that passed the 2005 energy act that forced Ethanol on us all. That's working REALLY well too [/sarcasm]

The Republicans also allowed the Enron Loophole that limited government regulation of the energy commodity markets that has helped with a lot of the oil speculation we see today. This Republican administration granted exemptions to hedge funds on regulations that restrict how much of a commodity an entity can buy (to prevent speculation and market manipulation)

I could go on and on... But my point is, there isn't a damn difference between the Republican and Democrats in Congress and there is very little difference between the Presidential candidates (except maybe on the war)
Plus that energy bill of 2005 had HUGE supports from the dems. Im definatly not saying the repubs did ANYTHING spectacular over the 6 yr stint of being the "majority"(even though the dems made sure that didnt matter, but now its biting them in the ass to)but in the last 2yrs the dems have torn this country apart. Pelosi should be shot for treason in my opinion

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?

Last edited by MadMax404m; 06-19-2008 at 10:08 AM.
MadMax404m is offline  
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
When he says "now we can say goodbye to Thomas Edison's invention", he sounds sad. Like progress sucks.

Other than that, the only thing he's a little over-the-top with, is the mercury. There's actually not as much mercury in them as he's making it out to be. In fact, a lot of the info he's reading is on Snopes.

Oh, and he mentioned them being made in China. I don't know of many NORMAL bulbs that are made in America. But he should've Googled. I found some CFL's made in USA. http://www.usstuff.com/lightinc.htm
I agree. Unfortunately he has more of a clue (or less lobby money in his pocket) than people who come up with the silliness in the first place. Like requiring a hazmat team and a shut down of a school when a mercury thermometer gets dropped, followed by a full investigation, ruining of a science teacher's career, lawsuits that taxpayers have to cover.
Casper is offline  
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 11:40 AM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Maybe what this country needs (and hopefully can survive) is 4 years of a really democratically controlled Congress along with Obama.

We'd convert the entire country to Republicans for the next 50 years.
Amen!

Though at the end of that four year term we would be a great deal further along in our pursuit of being completely controlled by our oh so wonderful government...
Fox466 is offline  
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 528
yes... in Texas at least we do have some intelligent congressman and women..
Adam_aoc is offline  
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
The Republicans also allowed the Enron Loophole that limited government regulation of the energy commodity markets that has helped with a lot of the oil speculation we see today. This Republican administration granted exemptions to hedge funds on regulations that restrict how much of a commodity an entity can buy (to prevent speculation and market manipulation)
It ain't freakin' speculation.

It's the Fed devaluing the dollar to shit. When all is said and done we'll all realize supply wasn't meeting demand because the smart people where keeping their "black gold" in the ground. Why take it out and invest in crap markets when you can keep it in the ground and get a better return by pumping it a year later?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
It ain't freakin' speculation.

It's the Fed devaluing the dollar to shit. When all is said and done we'll all realize supply wasn't meeting demand because the smart people where keeping their "black gold" in the ground. Why take it out and invest in crap markets when you can keep it in the ground and get a better return by pumping it a year later?

And everyone thought Chavez was going to cause venezuela to dry up at the next bust, LOL!
Casper is offline  
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:21 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,367
Awesome speech!
99MustangGT is offline  
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
When he says "now we can say goodbye to Thomas Edison's invention", he sounds sad. Like progress sucks.

Other than that, the only thing he's a little over-the-top with, is the mercury. There's actually not as much mercury in them as he's making it out to be. In fact, a lot of the info he's reading is on Snopes.

Oh, and he mentioned them being made in China. I don't know of many NORMAL bulbs that are made in America. But he should've Googled. I found some CFL's made in USA. http://www.usstuff.com/lightinc.htm

How much fucking koolaid did you drink?!?

Rep. Poe is absolutely right. The government is sticking their nose in places it never had any business to do so.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 07:41 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
How much fucking koolaid did you drink?!?

Rep. Poe is absolutely right. The government is sticking their nose in places it never had any business to do so.
Kool aid??

Because I pointed out facts that he neglected to point out? He's passionate, but he apparently didn't do any research beyond a forwarded e-mail he got. The fact that he practically read the forwarded e-mail on the senate floor is beyond me.

He said there were no bulbs like that, made in the U.S. I pointed out that a simple google search found some. And because I did that, I "drink Kool-aid"?

Seriously, man. Just because someone disagrees with you, with FACTS IN HAND, doesn't mean something's wrong with them, or they're "drinking Kool-aid". Your defensiveness over something like a fact, kinda says the Kool-aid is in your cup, not mine.
gpamp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome