McCain li... mis-spoke. - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
McCain li... mis-spoke.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/140233

Just a taste...

A New Orleans television reporter askedJohn McCain at a June 4 town hall meeting in Louisiana why he had voted twice against the creation of a commission to investigate preparedness for Hurricane Katrina. McCain responded that he "supported every investigation and ways of finding out what caused the tragedy." That's not true.

McCain did, as the reporter said, twice vote against legislation that would have created an independent commission, much like the 9/11 Commission, to investigate the government's role in preparedness for and response to the hurricane.
gpamp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Current Mispoke Count:
Mccain: 1
Obama: 1,507,304,786

Magnus is offline  
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
Nothing really to investigate. The government is inept. Case close. No investigation needs. I saved $billions.
TexasDevilDog is offline  
 
post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Nothing really to investigate. The government is inept. Case close. No investigation needs. I saved $billions.
You're absolutely right. It's now ok for McCain to lie about it! Weeeeeeee.
gpamp is offline  
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Fuck a commission. The reasons Katrina was such a catastophe for NO was geography, a citizenry who ignored evacuation orders, and Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco dropping the ball. McCain had nothing to do with any of those factors, gpampers, you ignorant twat.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
commission≠investigation.

Slowhand is offline  
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Fuck a commission. The reasons Katrina was such a catastophe for NO was geography, a citizenry who ignored evacuation orders, and Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco dropping the ball. McCain had nothing to do with any of those factors, gpampers, you ignorant twat.
I believe the point is, John McCain LIED. He said that he did everything to investigate, when, in fact, he did the opposite.

But... thank you. Thank you for proving what I said in another thread, absolutely right. I said that John McCain could come out against guns, straight white people, and the War, and because he's the only Republican candidate, you would do your best to justify him, or just stear the issue elsewhere.
gpamp is offline  
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
The point is, NO COMMISION IS NEEDED.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
The point is, NO COMMISION IS NEEDED.
Whatever clears your conscious in November.

And if there's no commission needed, why lie about it?
gpamp is offline  
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
If no commission is needed, why are you so obsessed with it.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #11 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
Wait, a fit is being thrown about McCain saying something untrue but everyone turns their head when Obama just blatantly lies about things as simple as his past? Where did the reality train stop at again?
forever_frost is offline  
post #12 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost
Wait, a fit is being thrown about McCain saying something untrue but everyone turns their head when Obama just blatantly lies about things as simple as his past? Where did the reality train stop at again?
THERE'S the deflection I was lookin' for.

No, every time Barack Obama says anything that COULD be taken out of context, all the conservatives on this board start a thread and go on and on about it. I figure, to be fair & balanced, if McCain lies, it should be called out.
gpamp is offline  
post #13 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:09 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
THERE'S the deflection I was lookin' for.

No, every time Barack Obama says anything that COULD be taken out of context, all the conservatives on this board start a thread and go on and on about it. I figure, to be fair & balanced, if McCain lies, it should be called out.
You're confusing "out of context" for him "lying" about his past.
Ex: If someone says they're born in 1960, but they were born in 1965, they lied. That's not something you "take out of context", that's a lie.

Magnus is offline  
post #14 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 PM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Mc Cain can fuck up everyday of his life and still be better then Obama
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #15 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:16 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
COULD be taken out of context,
Code word for Mis-spoke?


Besides, McCain didn't misspeak or lie. He was having a senior moment.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #16 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
You're confusing "out of context" for him "lying" about his past.
Ex: If someone says they're born in 1960, but they were born in 1965, they lied. That's not something you "take out of context", that's a lie.
Or if they said they did everything they could to look into Katrina. But voted against every attempt to. Point taken.
gpamp is offline  
post #17 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
Ex: If someone says they're born in 1960, but they were born in 1965, they lied. That's not something you "take out of context", that's a lie.
What a hoot. Just to stir it up a little... When McCain claimed that he had supported "every investigation" into the flawed response to Hurricane Katrina, when, in fact, he had twice voted against creating a commission to inspect the tragedy. What do you call that?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #18 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289
Mc Cain can fuck up everyday of his life and still be better then Obama
Explain why.

(start the tap-dance music)
gpamp is offline  
post #19 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:42 PM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Explain why.

(start the tap-dance music)
Simple... Obama is the anitchrist
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #20 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:53 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
What a hoot. Just to stir it up a little... When McCain claimed that he had supported "every investigation" into the flawed response to Hurricane Katrina, when, in fact, he had twice voted against creating a commission to inspect the tragedy. What do you call that?
I call it not wasting our tax dollars. EVERYONE already knows why it happenned. The same reason we don't want Obama in office.. . .. Crazy ass (think's he's black) man with a superiority complex who thinks he can control everything his way. When shit hit the fan. . ... yep, democrats were praying to be bailed out by republicans. If obama makes it to office, consider it a 4 year Katrina in D.C. In 4 years, you'll be giving blow jobs to republicans to beg them to clean up his mess.

Magnus is offline  
post #21 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
I call it not wasting our tax dollars. EVERYONE already knows why it happenned. The same reason we don't want Obama in office.. . .. Crazy ass (think's he's black) man with a superiority complex who thinks he can control everything his way. When shit hit the fan. . ... yep, democrats were praying to be bailed out by republicans. If obama makes it to office, consider it a 4 year Katrina in D.C. In 4 years, you'll be giving blow jobs to republicans to beg them to clean up his mess.
Thats if we arnte taken over by other countries by then after they see how pussy we are when we pull out of iraq ... once again not finishing a war we started cuz of pussies like obama and his followers.
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #22 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Or if they said they did everything they could to look into Katrina. But voted against every attempt to. Point taken.
shit i would vote against it too... tired of people wasting tax dollars... shit already happened.
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #23 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Lifer
 
MadMax404m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: carrollton
Posts: 1,275
They are both lump heads, only mccain is NOT a communist radical, which makes me like him just a LITTLE better than obama(considering i am a complete conservative i really dont agree with alot of what mccain says), when was the last time an election happened that ANY canidate didnt lie? However, mccain hasnt "disowned" his friends and his past just to try and win. Sorry man but mccain is just a small piece of the pie who says they did EVERYTHING they could in the aftermath of katrina, nothing new. What is new is some communist f*ck is trying to take over this country. I mean Obama is worse than Carter, and my god when you get to that level you need to leave cause you have NO buisness running this country.

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
MadMax404m is offline  
post #24 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
I call it not wasting our tax dollars. EVERYONE already knows why it happenned. The same reason we don't want Obama in office.. . .. Crazy ass (think's he's black) man with a superiority complex who thinks he can control everything his way. When shit hit the fan. . ... yep, democrats were praying to be bailed out by republicans. If obama makes it to office, consider it a 4 year Katrina in D.C. In 4 years, you'll be giving blow jobs to republicans to beg them to clean up his mess.
Wow. You ARE drunk on the Kool-aid. You still avoid the fact that McCain LIED about it. Ok, so you're happy he voted against figuring out how to help people survive castastrophies in the future. That doesn't mean it's ok that he lied about it. It says a lot about his character. If he's willing to lie, and cover up the fact that he voted against the bill, what ELSE is he going to lie about? What else is he going to cover up??

Then, to top off your blind devotion, you trailed off to insult Obama.

McCain is a liar, so quick... point out something about Obama!!! Is that your way of admitting McCain is a bit sleazy?
gpamp is offline  
post #25 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 12:57 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Wow. You ARE drunk on the Kool-aid. You still avoid the fact that McCain LIED about it. Ok, so you're happy he voted against figuring out how to help people survive castastrophies in the future. That doesn't mean it's ok that he lied about it. It says a lot about his character. If he's willing to lie, and cover up the fact that he voted against the bill, what ELSE is he going to lie about? What else is he going to cover up??

Then, to top off your blind devotion, you trailed off to insult Obama.

McCain is a liar, so quick... point out something about Obama!!! Is that your way of admitting McCain is a bit sleazy?
You truly are pathetic, and the only thing more pathetic is that no one in this world can convince you of how pathetic you are.

Accusing me of the same thing you do EVERY thread. . . ignore the questions asked to you, and instead, point somewhere else. The difference is i've never said i support mccain, you're an obvious obama faithful nut.

Magnus is offline  
post #26 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Wow. You ARE drunk on the Kool-aid. You still avoid the fact that McCain LIED about it. Ok, so you're happy he voted against figuring out how to help people survive castastrophies in the future. That doesn't mean it's ok that he lied about it. It says a lot about his character. If he's willing to lie, and cover up the fact that he voted against the bill, what ELSE is he going to lie about? What else is he going to cover up??

Then, to top off your blind devotion, you trailed off to insult Obama.

McCain is a liar, so quick... point out something about Obama!!! Is that your way of admitting McCain is a bit sleazy?
Same questin can be asked of Obama, he has lied about his "Uncle" freeing POW in Germany, unless he is Russian? He has lied about his fathers being a goat herder, he has lied about his intentions to become President, I saw an interview last night where he stated he was no experienced enought to be President and was going to finish his term as a Senator, that was 2006, can you say liar? Of course not because you are blinded by loyalty. I don't contend McCain is the perfect candidate, most honest or even trust worthy. I just feel he is more honest and trustworthy than Obama who can't keep his word for more than 2 years at a time, the Presidency lasts 4 if you didn't know.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #27 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
You're absolutely right. It's now ok for McCain to lie about it! Weeeeeeee.
You also failed to mention that these investigations were voted for AFTER the incompetant parties voiced their short comings.
Denny is offline  
post #28 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 02:39 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
I believe the point is, John McCain LIED. He said that he did everything to investigate, when, in fact, he did the opposite.

But... thank you. Thank you for proving what I said in another thread, absolutely right. I said that John McCain could come out against guns, straight white people, and the War, and because he's the only Republican candidate, you would do your best to justify him, or just stear the issue elsewhere.
You truely don't understand politics...
Denny is offline  
post #29 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Answer my question (post #10) gpampers, you ignorant twat. Since no commission is needed, why are you so obsessed with it?
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #30 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Lifer
 
slow06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Wow. You ARE drunk on the Kool-aid. You still avoid the fact that McCain LIED about it. Ok, so you're happy he voted against figuring out how to help people survive castastrophies in the future. That doesn't mean it's ok that he lied about it. It says a lot about his character. If he's willing to lie, and cover up the fact that he voted against the bill, what ELSE is he going to lie about? What else is he going to cover up??

Then, to top off your blind devotion, you trailed off to insult Obama.

McCain is a liar, so quick... point out something about Obama!!! Is that your way of admitting McCain is a bit sleazy?
I would say this catastrophe was pretty easily averted. Ask people who live in Florida (above sea level I do believe) what they do when a hurricane is coming...

Why do they have the sense to leave (some, not all) but the people in Louisiana didn't. They should have known that being in a bowl, surrounded by water, in a hurricane was a bad idea.

To your original point, maybe McCain didn't like the way the commission would be set up, who it would include, or though it needed to be better. There are a number of reasons McCain could have voted against those amendments.

If he knowingly lied, screw him. I think senior moment might be valid, but I wouldn't accept an excuse like that for Obama, so I won't accept that now.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
slow06 is offline  
post #31 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
You truely don't understand politics...
That's one of those responses that are really easy to type, yet mean nothing. You could type a thousand word post, and all I have to do is say "You don't know what you're talking about..." and I've proven you wrong? Fail.
gpamp is offline  
post #32 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Answer my question (post #10) gpampers, you ignorant twat. Since no commission is needed, why are you so obsessed with it?
I'm not obsessed. I'm pointing out the fact that John McCain lied. Every little thing Barack Obama does is posted all over this board, and used as fodder. I thought it only fair, to post McCain's shortcoming. The truth.

Why are you such a Kool-aid drinker?
gpamp is offline  
post #33 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
That's one of those responses that are really easy to type, yet mean nothing. You could type a thousand word post, and all I have to do is say "You don't know what you're talking about..." and I've proven you wrong? Fail.
Son, I've more than represented my stances on here over the years. All you do is bitch about what IS happening, yet never offer any solutions. I can see how you're so far up BO's ass.
Denny is offline  
post #34 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
I'm not obsessed. I'm pointing out the fact that John McCain lied. Every little thing Barack Obama does is posted all over this board, and used as fodder. I thought it only fair, to post McCain's shortcoming. The truth.

Why are you such a Kool-aid drinker?
Answer one question...

Is Barak Obama a liar? Yes or no will do.
Denny is offline  
post #35 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:19 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
1. To address your call out - I'll just assume newsweek is unbiased and telling the truth. He voted against something in reference to that twice, how many times did he vote for it? I simple don't know the facts, do you?

2. In reference to "how to help people survive castastrophies in the fututre" (be glad I'm not spelling popo....
-First people need to quit being idiots. If a CAT 5 hurricane is coming down on you and you live below sea level you should leave. Either write those idiots off or be able to forcefully herd them away, which I think is nearly impossible.

-The exception to that is people who are elderly, handicapped, poor and/or otherwise incapable of evacuating. This I concur should be addressed.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #36 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:26 AM
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
katrina was fun.
momo stallion is offline  
post #37 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Lifer
 
slow06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
Then, why didn't mccain say that instead of lying?
Maybe he felt investigation was a good idea, but a "commission" has implications that he did not believe were necessary in this case.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
slow06 is offline  
post #38 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Lifer
 
67camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nevada,Texas Custom Tranny Builder
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
I'm not obsessed. I'm pointing out the fact that John McCain lied. Every little thing Barack Obama does is posted all over this board, and used as fodder. I thought it only fair, to post McCain's shortcoming. The truth.

Why are you such a Kool-aid drinker?
Thats because no body in here but you (gpampers) and a few other dip-shits are voteing for this muslim loving POS that will never be our make it to the white house. He is nothing more than a radical left wing liberal that will rase your taxes and make government bigger. I think all katrina proved that big gov. is not the answer so why would you want to make it bigger.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
67camino is offline  
post #39 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:34 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
In case anyone is curious of the whole story:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...kerfuffle.html

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #40 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Answer one question...

Is Barak Obama a liar? Yes or no will do.
But you didn't answer mine.
gpamp is offline  
post #41 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
But you didn't answer mine.
I knew you couldn't follow a simple instruction, you dumb shit. Yes or no. One word post.
Denny is offline  
post #42 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
How you doin'
 
STANGGT40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: 8 Rib > 6 Rib
Posts: 28,254
...probably beause the last thing we need is another government group to blow money. additional government = additional tax dollars to pay for it
STANGGT40 is offline  
post #43 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Wow. You ARE drunk on the Kool-aid. You still avoid the fact that McCain LIED about it. Ok, so you're happy he voted against figuring out how to help people survive castastrophies in the future. That doesn't mean it's ok that he lied about it. It says a lot about his character. If he's willing to lie, and cover up the fact that he voted against the bill, what ELSE is he going to lie about? What else is he going to cover up??

Then, to top off your blind devotion, you trailed off to insult Obama.

McCain is a liar, so quick... point out something about Obama!!! Is that your way of admitting McCain is a bit sleazy?
Political commissions are formed to assess blame, you dumb clown. Blame has already been more than sufficiently spread around concerning Katrina, and funding another commission would simply be ignorant and a waste. No wonder you're so obsessed with doing so LOL.

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 06-06-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #44 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
So?

I "personally" don't think we need any futher investigation into the Katrina situation.

I already know what is needed to know: poor people in NO had their homes and lives swept away by a huge disaster caused by the local and state government's insistance on handing people money instead of using that money to protect important assets.

Whose fault is it? State and local government.

Who gets to pay for it? Taxpaying American citizens.

Who made out like bank robbers? The poor people that are still boo-hooing years later while the government quietly continues to susidize their housing, utilities, and groceries.

Fuck the Katrina disaster, fuck NO, and fuck the people still raping our federal disaster relief funds. And fuck anyone that still wants to investigate and talk about it after it is irrelevant. If you want to talk about it, let's talk about cutting off "aid" for the "victims."

For the record - I don't consider this to be in the same league as some of the stupid things that Obama has stated. Might be because I've had the Kool-Aid. You might disagree, also because you've had some Kool-Aid yourself.
46Tbird is offline  
post #45 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
...probably beause the last thing we need is another government group to blow money. additional government = additional tax dollars to pay for it
I'm down with that.

But why lie about it? Why say you did, when you didn't? He's a lying, creepy, old guy.
gpamp is offline  
post #46 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
He's served his country, you haven't, 'pampers.

"lying, creepy old guy" LOL
You post like a giggly 13-year old bitch
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #47 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
I'm just wondering why you can't answer a simple question.


Is Obama a liar?
Denny is offline  
post #48 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I'm just wondering why you can't answer a simple question.


Is Obama a liar?
Oh. Sorry. No. He's not.
gpamp is offline  
post #49 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Oh. Sorry. No. He's not.
BAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! You fucking fool!!!
Denny is offline  
post #50 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 08:40 AM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Oh. Sorry. No. He's not.
lmao
mustangguy289 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome