Poll Time! - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: Will Obama be the next president?
Yes 6 5.83%
Yes - with Hillary as a VP running mate 1 0.97%
Yes - with John Edwards as VP running mate 5 4.85%
No - someone will shoot him 13 12.62%
No - Hillary will shoot him and McCain 3 2.91%
No - McCain will take the win 36 34.95%
Denny for president!!! 6 5.83%
Gas costs too much - can't make it to voting booth 6 5.83%
I blew my stimulus check on a stripper 13 12.62%
Evil Jose for dictator of the USA!!! 14 13.59%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Poll Time!

Do it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

My final answer...

[X] C-Where's the poll?

DFWMustangs.net
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:56 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

[x] Fail

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

You guys are blind...(its up now)
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:00 AM
PAN

I'm in love with a stripper...
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Painting Your House

How much time does she get?
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:12 AM
que?

i made it rain on the gas pump
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Out

Thumbs down

I'll take the Presidency... just long enough to make the popular vote count once again, fire 80% of Congress, finish what little is left to do in the Middle East, execute gpamp, every member of OPEC and Zara, fuck a few interns, and throw up the shocker when I take my oath. That should take a month or so, then I'll step down.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I'll take the Presidency... just long enough to make the popular vote count once again, fire 80% of Congress, finish what little is left to do in the Middle East, execute gpamp, every member of OPEC and Zara, fuck a few interns, and throw up the shocker when I take my oath. That should take a month or so, then I'll step down.

LMAO...
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

Was that Kurt Cobain?

DFWMustangs.net
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I'm disappointed in you guys....not a single reference to Hillary being on a poll
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
<---- I think I would make a great VP.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
<---- I think I would make a great VP.
Can you take a punch in the gut? That's how I'll select mine. Cheney has already declined. Chuck Norris doesn't want to be my VP, but he wants me to punch him in the gut anyway... just for shits and giggles.
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Lifer

Voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 06:38 AM
ebay pimp

This will be a TOUGH election for me. I don't like either candidate. We do need change in this country, and neither Obama or McCain can or will do anything.

Scott
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Can you take a punch in the gut? That's how I'll select mine. Cheney has already declined. Chuck Norris doesn't want to be my VP, but he wants me to punch him in the gut anyway... just for shits and giggles.
Can I wait to see if you make Chuck Norris vomit first and then decide if I will let you punch me in the gut? If you make him vomit you might kill me.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
This will be a TOUGH election for me. I don't like either candidate. We do need change in this country, and neither Obama or McCain can or will do anything.

Scott
Can I ask you a few questions? I have heard quite a few people say something similar to this and I always wonder if they have thought about some things.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:28 PM
reppin tha westside

Quote:

Scott

x2 300 million people & those two fucktards are the best we can do?

and BTW....

where's the option for "Obama gets elected....& assinated within 6 months"

'cause that's where my $$ is

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwell
x2 300 million people & those two fucktards are the best we can do?
I belive i almost fell out the chair laughing

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
I'm disappointed in you guys....not a single reference to Hillary being on a poll
thats just not a pretty picture.
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
I'm in love with a stripper...
No sex in the Champagne room...
post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Lifer

i love me some strippers

Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLilPony
If you call me, I'll have phone sex with you.
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 08:29 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Can I ask you a few questions? I have heard quite a few people say something similar to this and I always wonder if they have thought about some things.
OK, here's what *I* think we need to change. Flat 10% income tax, outlaw deficit spending(the only exemption is a declared war). Eliminate most foreign aid, shrink our government 50% in 10 years, and STOP being the world's policemen. And make an allout effort to leverage all energy in this country, ANWR, Gulf Coast, Canadian oil sands, and all that shale in Colorado, and that oil is ONLY sold IN the USA, we could reduce imported oil 50% in 5 years.

Scott
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
OK, here's what *I* think we need to change. Flat 10% income tax, outlaw deficit spending(the only exemption is a declared war). Eliminate most foreign aid, shrink our government 50% in 10 years, and STOP being the world's policemen. And make an allout effort to leverage all energy in this country, ANWR, Gulf Coast, Canadian oil sands, and all that shale in Colorado, and that oil is ONLY sold IN the USA, we could reduce imported oil 50% in 5 years.

Scott
I heard today that it would be more like a 25% reduction in imported oil, but either sounds good to me...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Scott
You would damned sure get my vote. Those are the same reasons Ron Paul would have...er, did.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Censored

Quote:

Scott

Turn that into a great speech, and you could become president in two years.

Doors Done Rite
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Out

You're still not going to get shit with the flat 10% income tax. It's not going to be enough to keep this place afloat, especially with all the fraud associated wih it. I say eliminate the income taxx altogether and make a flat 15% sales tax on everything. People can always lie about thier income, but you need to pay a sales tax on what you buy. This way, our money only gets taxed once (as it lawfully should).

The whole idea about stop being the world's policemen sounds good on paper, but in reality, will lead to civilization's demise rather quickly. So much, that we won't be able to do anything about it almost immediately. You guys need to understand our role on this plant. Whether people like it or not, we are the world's manager. That's why we're so despised. There is no way that the thought of this is even a hypothetical. I wish it wasn't the case. Hell, I love waking up with my family just like the next guy, but I know that what I do will ultimately aid towards another "peaceful" day... as peaceful as it gets. My children don't think about the terror and evil of this world. They don't worry themselves to sleep at night. They blindly believe that they'll be sheltered and fed without any incident. I'm sure the same goes for all of your children. And you know what? It's their right to do so. That's what they should be doing. They only need to worry about little chores, what to wear, which of the multiple food options they're going to choose for their one of three or four meals a day, who they are going to play with outside, etc... It's not a matter of whether they have money or not. We can all make enough money to support a family. I'm talking about maintaining a society stable enough to have these luxuries. I have a 12 year old son, a two year old daughter, and a 5 month old son. I have three healthy, loved children that I enjoy watching grow up to be moral, God-fearing contributors to society. What I have in a 3rd world country is a second year soldier, a young prostitute, and leverage for a month's supply of food at the market. How fucked up does that sound?!?! Do you know how many fucking kids are out there, younger than my son, on their own- defending themselves, working as either slaves or prostitues for food, or God knows what? You take America out of the "world policing business," and I give it less than a fiscal quarter to signs of that society growing here (even more than it is). I'll be damned... I'll be GOD DAMNED if I stand by and sit idle while there are efforts being made to keep what we have together. The best way to do that is go straight to the source and fuck it up it's God-damned ass with the biggest, bluntest object we can find. Starting with this terrorism bullshit and this ethnic cleansing crap.

While I'm up on this soap box (gpamp, get the fuck back), fuck ANYONE who opposes ANY effort to better this world. You all need to be fucking ashamed of this place we call earth. It's a failure for all of us to own. Our efforts do more good in one day than the rest of the world does combined in a year. Prove me wrong. Go ask anyone that was pulled from Viet Nam, anyone that witnessed the Korean War from a South Korean's point of view, any European or Jew that lived through WWII, anyone from the Balkens that were under Serbian threat, any of the Kurdish and 90% of the Iraqi people now that Saddam is gone, any Kuwaiti for that matter. I can go on. Ask any of them. Ask them if what America does as "world police" isn't necessary. Ask them if UN intervention would suffice.

Our worst critic of our efforts is ourselves. You know why? Because we got it so damned good. We don't know what a threat is like. Sure, most of us opened our eyes for about, what, a week in mid-September of 2001? Try living that way EVERY FUCKING DAY somewhere else; knowing that you'll NEVER get the support you need to handle those evil threats. I know we're not going to stop it from happening all over the world. No one ever said we could or would. But when we put as much effort as we reasonably can where the sources of the prolems are, we can keep MOST of it way from our children... MY children.

Another thing, I hope the problem never grows to the point that we need another draft (I currently don't see that happening anyway) because I don't want anyone part of this effort that doesn't want to be here. You can fucking keep those bastards and have a Democratic National Convention or something while the difference makers do something about it. If Barak Obama gets elected, do you understand the drop in morale that everyone will have over here? How many of our finest Liberty-keepers, do you think, will want to work under him as their Commander in Chief?!?! Could you see him come talk to the troops on a base in Iraq and get the undivided attention that W or McCain HAVE (note: both have been out here several times in support) received? I think he'd have to worry more about the troops than the insurgents out here. He doesn't think we need to be here. He thinks our efforts are going to waste. He thinks our efforts are giving this country a bad name to the rest of the world. Well, fuck him. Fuck his wife. Fuck his supporters. Fuck the people who vote for him. Fuck them all. The only reason they're able to bitch about our efforts is because we ARE maintaining a society that enables them to do so! You wouldn't believe the win we'll give our biggest enemies the day he takes his oath for office.

Now, don't get me wrong. I know not every one of us needs to be out here and I'm glad for that. We need most at the homefront and maintain our society from there and help our children enjoy what we have. I even took a break from it to enjoy it with my family for a short while too. Not needing everyone out here shows that we have "somewhat" of a control on what goes on, thank God. We also have TONS of support from those who stay at home (and bless every one of you). Without support from the homefront, we might as well put the nooses around our necks. Without people living their lives worry-free, we see no reason to even be where we are. We need to see people having fun, care-free time with their families. We need to have people taking care of our loved ones while we're gone. We need people trying to contact us, wondering if we're OK. We need people getting mad at others who oppose our efforts. We need people voting to put the right people in office to maintain these efforts. I'm directing most of this post to those who do their armchair war commentating from their living room, in front of CNN. Those people can eat shit, for all I care. Enjoy what you have. I enjoy listening to you bitch from 12,000 miles from this war zone. I bet you don't even know how heavy Kevlar gear is, let alone how to put it on. Aren't you glad you don't know?

I forgot how bad a Kevlar vest breaks my back out. Do you hear anyone out in Iraq or where ever get on a public message board and say: I hate this heat. I hate this sandstrom for the third day in a row. I hate sand in my asscrack! I hate the smell of these locals. I hate not seeing my kids every day. I hate loud booms and sitting in a bunker for one or two of my four hours I have to sleep. I hate not getting alcohol or getting laid. I hate not driving my Cobra. I hate not being albe to reach out and shake gpamp like an infant. I hate seeing people mock us at our fallen brothers' funerals once their bodies hit the States. I haven't heard much, if any bitching from the people (troops OR civilians) that are working out here. Let me take this post to speak for them because these people out here are the last people you'll be hearing bitching from. They deal with their issues themselves.

MY main bitch is that we're not doing enough, as opposed to too much. We need a full-frontal assault on the criminals in Iraq and Afghanistan (OBL included). We need to terminate any possible threat that Iran has with "nuclear" in it. At this point, we shouldn't care what their intentions are. They created our perception of them. They can live (or not) with it. We need to wipe out East Africa, period. I know it sounds shitty, but most of the population is either corrupt, hostile, stubborn, or plain ignorant to the point it's not correctable. Why fight the 85-90% just to have to TRY to save the 10% or so that MIGHT turn out to create a civilized society. We need to put China, Russia, and N. Korea in check. With their backs against the wall and our hands around their neck, we should be able to come to some sort of an agreement (diplomatically, of course) on why their muscle flexing to smaller countries around them really isn't necessary. We need to take the name "Chavez" out of the word "Venezuela." People like him just don't need to be alive. Once we get to this point, maybe, just maybe, we can start backing off of our "world policing." As of right now, no one else will step up. Granted, we do have allies who come to support us, but there will be no effort without America leading the way.

Back to my original point, though. If we stop this effort of policing the world, I give society, as we know it, less than a year to exist the way it does.

Healthcare? Ya, I've been known to bitch about that too... until I see the rest of the world again, first person. Go ahead and take my $300 a month and all my co-pays. Thank you health care system for keeping my family healthy. I could never see America turning to a government controlled, national heath care system. Look at what it's done to our public school system. Look what it's done to public health systems like UK and Canada. Most of the people leave the country to get "quality" work done. I think our current set-up is fine. I believe holding the insurance, medical and pharmacutical companies accountable and fully responsible for regulating a decent compensation for their products and services. Lobbyists have no business being anywhere around our lawmakers and bill passers, so put them in the same boat as Barak Obama and co.

Energy prices? Same story. Tell OPEC to get in Barak's "fuck off" boat. Pump more of ours (with still some overseas coming in) and anyone profitting from it has to pay a certain percentage towards efforts of finding/refining alternative energy sources and products. Big awards to those who make industry-changing break throughs. It'll work itself out eventually.

This isn't rocket science, people. I'm no where NEAR above average on anyone's intelligence level. Simple God-given common sense and decentcy can get most of this done in record time. We just need to get someone into office that can put it on a piece of paper to get the appropriate signatures for. Present it to the people and elected officials with heart, care and simplicity so that no one has an excuse to deny it (or put them on the USS Fuck Off Barack Obama as well). Build a supporting staff that's reliable, capable and trustworthy enough to handle their assignments. Accountable for his and their actions from cradle to grave and is open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. And finally, able to tackle any other incidents or crisis that may arise during these correcting years.
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM
reppin tha westside

Quote:

This isn't rocket science, people. I'm no where NEAR above average on anyone's intelligence level. Simple God-given common sense and decency can get most of this done in record time. .

which, unfortunatly, is why it'll never happen. Like my buddy Bart says "there's nothing common about common sense"

as for the rest of your satement.....

you got my vote.Very well spoken.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Lifer

Good read Denny, thanks for the post and everything that you are do for our country, and may God Bless You and your family. Thanks

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Out

No prob... but I'm just out here in a support role for the people who really deserve the thanks. I've got it better than most. Also, if y'all ever see them, thank my family for allowing me to come out here and do this. I think they take it harder than me. Glad they understand because if they said no, then I'd stay home.
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Time Served

push...........the................fucking......... ......button ! i'm tired of all this ala shit. any fucking religion that condones killing of women and children should be wiped off the face of this planet. islamist are never going to live at peace with anyone ,not even themselves . it's fucking war so lets treat it as such. we are the greatest nation on the planet and it's time we acted like it. obama is all hat and no cattle . if nothing else mccain is a patriot and for that he gets my vote. and why in the hell shouldn't the draft come back ? my grandfather did his ,my father did his, i did mine, every generation should have to do their part.

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:26 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

My vote = No - someone will shoot him
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaearl
push...........the................fucking......... ......button ! i'm tired of all this ala shit. any fucking religion that condones killing of women and children should be wiped off the face of this planet. islamist are never going to live at peace with anyone ,not even themselves . it's fucking war so lets treat it as such. we are the greatest nation on the planet and it's time we acted like it. obama is all hat and no cattle . if nothing else mccain is a patriot and for that he gets my vote. and why in the hell shouldn't the draft come back ? my grandfather did his ,my father did his, i did mine, every generation should have to do their part.
Because with a draft, you also get those who don't want to be here. We're just fine without them for now. Morale seems pretty good over here. No need to have draftees come and screw up the atmosphere. I like the thought that everyone out here volunteered at one point or another.
post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Time Served

denny, i dont know you but god bless you and thank you. what i saw was a lot of misguided young boys who got right by the service. it was better than jail and beat the hell out of hanging at the mall. i have always felt the best 2 years of a young mans life were his hitch in the service. it does make a man out of you . i'm the last of my clan to serve. the rest are useless little punks who i doubt will ever become men. to me it's not about wanting to be there. it's about your duty to serve your country. i enlisted in 69 at 17. dumb as a tree stump but i learned quick. i also learned freedom aint free . i dont think our country will ever be without a conflict somewhere.

" dont mess with the porchdog........ he bites "
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Scott
You posted this:

"Originally Posted by White trash wagon

Scott"

I just wonder why you don't think the change that Obama or McCain can do on some major issues, like taxes, or some moral issues, like SC appointments and what it will mean to abortion, gay marriage, and other things is not important.

I have said it before, I hope McCain does what he say he will (be strong on the war on terror, keep the tax cuts, try to stop pork barrel projects, and appoint conservative SC jusges) and I hope Obama doesn't do what he say he will (be weak on the war on terror, raise taxes, make government larger, appoint liberal and activist SC judges). I really think the only issues they seem to agree on are drilling in Anwar (both oppose it) and illegal immigration (both refuse to try and stop it).

I just wonder why smart people give up their right to vote or talk about not voting when there are so many important issues where Obama and Mccain are so drastically different. BTW, I am not saying you said you would not vote, but I have heard some people say it so I thought I would ask you since you find this election decision so "tough".

Now my question to you Scott: Are there not issues where these candidates differ that will make this decision easier?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Exclamation

I just want to remind everyone I voted Denny for President first...
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Now my question to you Scott: Are there not issues where these candidates differ that will make this decision easier?
Of course there are differences between Obama & McCain, but both are so misguided, and are not going to solve our REAL problems. It's like aking me "would you rather have your hand cutoff, or blown off" neither is a good choice.

AS you know, I opposed the war in Iraq from the beginning, we don't need to rehash the reasoning, it's been done like 38 times. And since both candidates are weak on border security, "tough on terror" is just a political buzzword this time.

McCain will continue to build HUGE deficits, since we will stay in Iraq, and borrow money from the Chinese to finance it (since he supports the Bush tax cuts).

Frankly, Obama will likely catch a bullet in the first 100 days, so his running mate will be of VITAL importance. But I hope that scenario will not take place.

Justt nothing here that looks like we're going to reclaim America for the common people.

Scott
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Out

Quote:
Of course there are differences between Obama & McCain, but both are so misguided, and are not going to solve our REAL problems. It's like aking me "would you rather have your hand cutoff, or blown off" neither is a good choice.

AS you know, I opposed the war in Iraq from the beginning, we don't need to rehash the reasoning, it's been done like 38 times. And since both candidates are weak on border security, "tough on terror" is just a political buzzword this time.

McCain will continue to build HUGE deficits, since we will stay in Iraq, and borrow money from the Chinese to finance it (since he supports the Bush tax cuts).

Frankly, Obama will likely catch a bullet in the first 100 days, so his running mate will be of VITAL importance. But I hope that scenario will not take place.

Justt nothing here that looks like we're going to reclaim America for the common people.

Scott
I have to ask...

Did you think Saddam was worthy of the position he was in or just that you thought the slaughtering of innocent lives and the supporting of terror sounded like something that could be easily overlooked? Or did you think that this war on terror was going to be a cake walk once OBL was killed?

The ONLY reason this war is costing so much is that the troops over here have had their hand tied since the statue of Saddam fell. You try fighting a conventional war against an unconventional enemy. You try sitting on your hands under fire because you can't return fire since you're within a populated city or the source is coming from a mosque. You try to keep your head straight when you know that almost all of the media is communication a different story to OUR people than the good that's being done here. You try to take pride in doing what you do under extreme life and death circumstances, knowing that over 1/2 of the people that sent you here now want you out and think your efforts aren't worth the paper you wipe you ass on.

I, for one, was/am for ANY effort to rid this world of terror... even knowing that it will never be totally exterminated. Wanna solve this problem with spending so much money on this war?!?! Then let the people who give a shit about this mission do what they gotta do to make this situation only for history books! Give us a chance to make this world a better place.

Reclaim America for the common people?!?! What the fuck does that mean? We're our own worst enemy! Our divisions are our biggest problem. This country has never been so divided since the Civil War. We've (as a country) have lost the initiative. Our fucking enemy has won. How we handle the world post-9/11 has drawn permanent lines. It's sad that it would take something as awful as another massive casualty/fatality incident to get more backing to terminate our threats.
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Or did you think that this war on terror was going to be a cake walk once OBL was killed?
I keep pretty close tabs on the news just to hear the latest bullshit but, did I miss something big? Cause that would be the best, make that the only good news I've heard in a long time.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
I keep pretty close tabs on the news just to hear the latest bullshit but, did I miss something big? Cause that would be the best, make that the only good news I've heard in a long time.
I should have restated that to something like "by just killing OBL"
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:

Scott
Interesting thoughts. I disagree with most of what you think, but I did not want to ask you a question and then hammer your thoughts like so often happens here.

I do appreciate the answers though.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I should have restated that to something like "by just killing OBL"
He knew what you meant, but his angry glasses seem to get in the way of rational discourse.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Lifer

Damn Denny, you got my vote any day.

With the exception of a few (maybe) America's leaders are now professional politicians. Lets put some guys like Denny in the House, Senate, and the White House and get some shit done.

We are not being led by common people, or even the best qualified people, we are led by the richest people in our country. That problem is right there at the top in my view of the USA's problems.

Denny may not be rich, but he is pretty damn smart compared to the crap I see going on in the presidential race.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Out

Na, I'd make a crappy politician. I'm sure there is plenty that would be over my comprehension level. As much fun as we have making fun of Presidental Stupidity, they're actually very intelligent people. Even if there was a worthy enough candidate at our level, there'd be no way to come up with the kind of campaign dough that would be needed. Ideas like mine are just going to stay that way... ideas.

Even then, I wouldn't know what to do with all my free time. Most of the shit could be fixed rather quickly. Just sit in the Oval Office and bounce from dfwstangs to porn on the computer all day. Grab an intern or two (or three), mow the lawn @ 1600 Pennsylvania, etc. Remember that movie with Robin Williams becoming President? Ya, it'd be pretty cool, but it ain't happinin'.
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 04:24 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Interesting thoughts. I disagree with most of what you think, but I did not want to ask you a question and then hammer your thoughts like so often happens here.

I do appreciate the answers though.
I appreciate that, we should have a beer some time.

Scott
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 PM
American Badass

Unfortunantly yes I do see him making it. Republicans for 8 years, and there will be a swing back just like after Clinton for 8 years. Hilary has no chance as the canidate for the Demo's, so He will be the one.

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I appreciate that, we should have a beer some time.

Scott
Absolutely!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 08:52 PM
PAN

Quote:
Absolutely!
Let's make this political forum get together happen this time! We can do it at what's his faces restaurant...
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Let's make this political forum get together happen this time! We can do it at what's his faces restaurant...
I'm game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Out

I tried that before, but if everyone is down, I'll be back in country from Sept 20-30.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement