So...looks like Obama's got the nomination - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
The first, the original

So...looks like Obama's got the nomination

I never hated the choices to vote for in an election as bad as this. A write in is pointless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Lifer

Fuck that bitch
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
Fuck that bitch
x2.. Fuck a mother fucking Obama..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 PM

O'Billary
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:10 PM
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

Hell Yeah!!! Go Obama!!!

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

Excerpt from the Declaration of Independence
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Out

At least we have the anticipation to say "I told you so" to all the people who voted for him... I'm just trying to find a bright side to things.
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
$uper $low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
At least we have the anticipation to say "I told you so" to all the people who voted for him... I'm just trying to find a bright side to things.
Maybe after they see the horrible job a lying black-ish man will do in office, it won't happen again?

I mean, he's going to be set to some pretty high standards. Do it right the first time, or "they" might not get a second chance.

post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

And it's official, my vote will be a write-in for Ross Perot.

post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
Maybe after they see the horrible job a lying black-ish man will do in office, it won't happen again?

I mean, he's going to be set to some pretty high standards. Do it right the first time, or "they" might not get a second chance.
Nah, bro... people don't use history as a resource. You'll always have an extreme left-wing nut job as their frontrunner from here on out. Libs outnumber Conservatives in this country, so putting forward their extreme is the best way to rub it in our faces (no matter th cost). It forces the Republican party to send out a "dual party favorite" to try to counter. Unfortunately, it could mean a world-ending mistake. Obama has no business in that position, just as you or I don't. We couldn't be doing civilization's enemies more of a favor than this. I just can't wait to see who this bitch's running mate will be. I need a Barrett with a Leopold(sp) scope.
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Out

I also see where uncommitted superdelegates and most Clinton supporters are still not publically endorsing BO. Could this be the start of larger divisions in the party than is already evident?
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I also see where uncommitted superdelegates and most Clinton supporters are still not publically endorsing BO. Could this be the start of larger divisions in the party than is already evident?
I believe you are correct. The democratic party is pretty stratified already. This election may be what it takes to tear the sheet once and for all.

DFWMustangs.net
post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Lifer

Thumbs down

It's sad to see someone whom is so far to the left get this far along in the process. He's a scary guy on paper. He's a radical, pure and simple.

He's reveals his misguided idealism in his callow views of the criminal element of our society. He thinks recidivism among career criminals is something that can be cured by creating an outreach network. He thinks that the criminal penalty of gang related crimes should be equal to non-gang related crimes. That there should be no additional penalty. He wants to dole out welfare, SS, Medicaid, and driver licenses to illegal immigrants. There is a lot of emphasis he places on helping the indigent minority groups. Essentially rewarding them for illegally entering the country and providing no penalty for abrogating the naturalization process. That mindset is freaking scary, people! I can't believe that this whole nightmare has come to fruition.

This weak, disingenuous, disaffected, and amoral culture of shit that we've evolved into turns my stomach. It is highly probably that he will destroy McCain in the general election. We are going to put into office a radical left junior Senator that is unabashedly unpatriotic and lacking in sentimentality. Someone who cares A LOT about a "nation of laws", but disregards the purpose and sacrifice of the men who wrote them.

Hell even McCain's immigration policy is deplorable, but at least he doesn't appear as if he wants to completely give away the farm. There is no personal accountability with Obama. Everyone's woes, minorities in particular, are a direct result of their environment and/or race. And we must sympathize with all the indigent and minorites among us for their hardships. It's not the individual's responsibility to stand on their own two feet, but it is responsibility of the Federal Gov. via the tax payer to be their crutch.

He's also a flip flopping nut case hypocrite(like most modern era politicians). He frequently bemoans the Bush Administration's assault on our civil liberties post 9/11. However, after promising to repeal or significantly modify the existing Patriot Act he then subsequently voted to reauthorize it in 2006.

Does anyone else find it odd that just 7 years after 9/11 that this country is ostensibly electing a leftist Democrat with Muslim lineage?? I realize he's not Muslim per him, but I have always found that aspect fascinating.

What a mess. Well, I stated a while back that when the time comes I will be voting for the candidate that is closest to the center of the diamond. It looks like for the first time in my voting history I will be voting Republican. Wow! Hell has frozen over.

One final thought....If Obama becomes El Presidente, then I'm going to be rolling in the floor laughing upchucking my Yoo-hoo watching the ACLU, NAACP, and Muslim advocacy groups on CSPAN decrying the rampant institutional racism that continues to hinder and oppress the beleaguered black man. For those of you that don't get the reference. It is quite common on channels like CSPAN to find a civil rights activist standing on a dais wearing a 3 piece suite and gold rings spewing out angry rants about oppression against blacks in America. Then they get into their caravan of Cadillac Escalades or Limo's and leave after the taping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

Last edited by Mustangman_2000; 06-04-2008 at 12:56 AM.
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 12:52 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
It's sad to see someone whom is so far to the left get this far along in the process. He's a scary guy on paper. He's a radical, pure and simple.

He's reveals his misguided idealism in his callow views of the criminal element of our society. He thinks recidivism among career criminals is something that can be cured by creating an outreach network. He thinks that the criminal penalty of gang related crimes should be equal to non-gang related crimes. That there should be no additional penalty. He wants to dole out welfare, SS, Medicaid, and driver licenses to illegal immigrants. There is a lot of emphasis he places on helping the indigent minority groups. Essentially rewarding them for illegally entering the country and providing no penalty for abrogating the naturalization process. That mindset is freaking scary, people! I can't believe that this whole nightmare has come to fruition.

This weak, disingenuous, disaffected, and amoral culture of shit that we've evolved into turns my stomach. It is highly probably that he will destroy McCain in the general election. We are going to put into office a radical left junior Senator that is unabashedly unpatriotic and lacking in sentimentality. Someone who cares A LOT about a "nation of laws", but disregards the purpose and sacrifice of the men who wrote them.

Hell even McCain's immigration policy is deplorable, but at least he doesn't appear as if he wants to completely give away the farm. There is no personal accountability with Obama. Everyone's woes, minorities in particular, are a direct result of their environment and/or race. And we must sympathize with all the indigent and minorites among us for their hardships. It's not the individual's responsibility to stand on their own two feet, but it is responsibility of the Federal Gov. via the tax payer to be their crutch.

He's also a flip flopping nut case hypocrite(like most modern era politicians). He frequently bemoans the Bush Administration's assault on our civil liberties post 9/11. However, after promising to repeal or significantly modify the existing Patriot Act he then subsequently voted to reauthorize it in 2006.

Does anyone else find it odd that just 7 years after 9/11 that this country is ostensibly electing a leftist Democrat with Muslim lineage?? I realize he's not Muslim per him, but I have always found that aspect fascinating.

What a mess. Well, I stated a while back that when the time comes I will be voting for the candidate that is closest to the center of the diamond. It looks like for the first time in my voting history I will be voting Republican. Wow! Hell has frozen over.

One final thought....If Obama becomes El Presidente, then I'm going to be rolling in the floor laughing upchucking my Yoo-hoo watching the ACLU, NAACP, and Muslim advocacy groups on CSPAN decrying the rampant institutional racism that continues to hinder and oppress the beleaguered black man.
good post.

If the Muslim community begins to encroach into our country like it has in france with it's radical agendas and oppressive hands I will be one of the first to start the revolution.
post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Token Union Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
good post.

If the Muslim community begins to encroach into our country like it has in france with it's radical agendas and oppressive hands I will be one of the first to start the revolution.

Can I bring my guns to this party.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Only if you bring your correct punctuation along with them.

post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:02 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
Hahaha, more the merrier!

Get 'um while they're legal!
post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Don't have much longer.

post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:10 AM
Lifer

Obama has a rock-star following, especially with the younger crowd. The younger crowd that he does so well with, wasn't around when we had the last true liberal in office...Jimmy Carter. If the youngsters would only "google" the Carter years, the numbers for inflation, gas prices, unemployment, and interest rates, would stun them. What if we had 7.5% unemployment or 11% mortgage rates in our current situation? Can you imagine what it would be like now, if you could only buy gas on an odd or even day of the month, or the pumps could only be used for 4 hours a day? That was the case in '79 and '80. If there's one thing I've learned from getting older, it's that we can't control everything, and sometimes you just have to go along for the ride. Or, in the words of Clayton Williams, "If rape is inevitable, you might well just lay back and enjoy it."

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:28 AM
PAN

I hope that there are more out there like MM2K. Shocked at that post, and glad to see it.

It will no doubt be interesting to see how it develops, as when/if it goes south Billary will have ample opportunity to use it against BO to further divide that party.

I just pray that this country doesn't become further stratified (good word btw) in this time in which we need to be working together to ease our economic woes...
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
I hope that there are more out there like MM2K. Shocked at that post, and glad to see it.

It will no doubt be interesting to see how it develops, as when/if it goes south Billary will have ample opportunity to use it against BO to further divide that party.

I just pray that this country doesn't become further stratified (good word btw) in this time in which we need to be working together to ease our economic woes...
That is a little surprizing, but is it? The only candidate in the race that is close to a Democrat, is McCain. Obama (and the Democratic party) has pretty much deserted the true Democrats, much like McCain has deserted the Republican party.

post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 AM
PAN

Lol, true enough.

We (conservatives) really don't have a representative in this, the current race for the whitehouse. Now to show this to the masses so that when you see the gp bitching about how "that damned republican screwed our country up even more", we can show them that in reality it was the liberal control of all three 'positions' that did it...For the shortbus; Positions= The presidency, house, and senate
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
good post.

Get to work, you're late.
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
good post.

It's no wonder that Canada, France, Italy, and other countries in Europe, have ousted liberals in their governments. They have been where we are going...

post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Lifer

What do you think about Hillary running as an independent? Would be a good way put McCain in office for sure.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 AM
reppin tha westside

I see a spike in ammuntion sales coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 AM
IA2

Hillary is now angling for a VP spot. If obama caves and gives it to her then that makes their ticket even more scary. If the dynamic duo then make it into the white house i'd say the country is in for a terrible 4 years, and will exit the 4 years with a ruined economy due to increased government spending/programs and a bunch of newly minted conservative voters. It would be a shame for the country to have to go thru such a period with the resultant business failures, job loss, and loss of world position for the US. However, if the stupid US voters really want "change" and vote him in then sobeit.
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Hillary is now angling for a VP spot. If obama caves and gives it to her then that makes their ticket even more scary. If the dynamic duo then make it into the white house i'd say the country is in for a terrible 4 years, and will exit the 4 years with a ruined economy due to increased government spending/programs and a bunch of newly minted conservative voters. It would be a shame for the country to have to go thru such a period with the resultant business failures, job loss, and loss of world position for the US. However, if the stupid US voters really want "change" and vote him in then sobeit.
It's either going to happen now or later... might as well get it over with.

And you know what I'm talking about, Mike.
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 AM
PAN

Quote:

Agree wholeheartedly MikeyB.

And if they do team up, I have no doubt that they will take the presidency...
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hahaha, more the merrier!

Im stocked

3 built ar15s and a couple extra stripped lowers lying around

A ban is no doubt impending.
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Hillary is now angling for a VP spot. If obama caves and gives it to her then that makes their ticket even more scary. If the dynamic duo then make it into the white house i'd say the country is in for a terrible 4 years, and will exit the 4 years with a ruined economy due to increased government spending/programs and a bunch of newly minted conservative voters. It would be a shame for the country to have to go thru such a period with the resultant business failures, job loss, and loss of world position for the US. However, if the stupid US voters really want "change" and vote him in then SOVIET[SIZE=2].
FIXED....

By the way VERTNUT hit it right on the head. My generation of "morons" is going to throw this country down the drain with this. Like you said, if they would just look up the days of Carter they would realize what they are about to get into. They think this economy is bad now for them? Just wait and see what it becomes with a true RADICAL in office, its bad enough with a Liberal in office, but this guy is no liberal, Obama fell off that "political" bubble on the left long ago, and the free fall makes him worse.

If Billary becomes the VP that will only down fall us even further, good bye America, hello Socialism. I think we should give OBAMA what he wants, the illegals, and we all go down south across the border and settle there since all the messicans will be here, ANYONE FOR A BEACH PARTY?

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128