Woo Hoo - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Woo Hoo

Hey, just got my Social Security Statement in the mail! Woo Hoo!

Of the hundreds of thousands I've placed in the SS trust over the years I can expect a whopping 36K (or so) in benefits when I retire in 25 years! Well in 25 years (retire at 70) inflation would move it towards 60K per year in benefits (if there is any money left.)

Of course if they would have left those hundreds of thousands with me when I retire in 25 years I could reap quite a bit more on my average 15% a year I've been making investing. I could have taken out 150K per year and never touched the principal.

FUCK THOSE ILLEGALS! THEY ARE THE REASON FOR THIS!

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Lifer

lol

Social Security is such a bad joke. Every year I get to see what I paid in that I KNOW will never be returned to me in any form. Sending that letter is like rubbing your dog's nose in shit.

I can't figure out your outlook on illegals. You make fun of people for being pissed that their tax dollars are subsidizing Mexico's pathetic economy. I've got no problem with a person, family, or country that wants to improve their lot in life.. but I do when I get to fund it.

I have to play by the rules. I get in big trouble if I don't play by the rules. Well apparently there are rules that you don't have to follow if you're a part of the conspiracy to get cheap labor into this country. Fuck it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Bird, the point being, illegals are but a small part of the problem.

SSI has screwed me much more than "Hector" will ever do but we all happily pay SSI (and Medicare, I've got a nice 6 figure payment to them as well) but we'll bitch about illegals.

As my lettuce post states in two other threads, American companies aren't going to hire American workers to do this work. They'll ship the companies off to were the workers are once we shut down borders.

Hell, now, I got to pay for importing the fucking lettuce and transportation costs into the country as well?

Obviously, we need to clean up our immigration policy but carrying the heavy hand and saying, "Get the fuck out and we're shutting down the border" isn't the answer. We'll be fucked more than we are currently. The illegals issue has just let us continue on a few more years while we avoid the real problems in this Country.

Which for me is personal responsibility and being productive. Americans live in a country where productivity was king and Americans have become way too lazy to take advantage of it. Do you really think if we cure the illegal problem in D/FW that South Dallas is all of a sudden going to become productive? Hell no. They'll still suck off the real workers and unfortunately we'll still need someone to pick the lettuce.

Personally I've started marketing my software and services from "You need this to compete" into "You need this to shave employee costs because we do the work of x number of employees." Sad but true. It's about cutting costs now (becoming more productive.)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Lifer

I see your point.

The ultimate goal of business is to reduce the cost of manufacturing a product so that you can saturate the market with low-priced goods and maximize profit.

That's great right up until you break the law to lower costs. I'm 100% behind businesses making money. But I refuse to support the rampant screwing that businesses are putting on the American people.

Yeah I know... yelling into the hurricane...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Bird, the point being, illegals are but a small part of the problem.

SSI has screwed me much more than "Hector" will ever do but we all happily pay SSI (and Medicare, I've got a nice 6 figure payment to them as well) but we'll bitch about illegals.

As my lettuce post states in two other threads, American companies aren't going to hire American workers to do this work. They'll ship the companies off to were the workers are once we shut down borders.

Hell, now, I got to pay for importing the fucking lettuce and transportation costs into the country as well?

Obviously, we need to clean up our immigration policy but carrying the heavy hand and saying, "Get the fuck out and we're shutting down the border" isn't the answer. We'll be fucked more than we are currently. The illegals issue has just let us continue on a few more years while we avoid the real problems in this Country.

Which for me is personal responsibility and being productive. Americans live in a country where productivity was king and Americans have become way too lazy to take advantage of it. Do you really think if we cure the illegal problem in D/FW that South Dallas is all of a sudden going to become productive? Hell no. They'll still suck off the real workers and unfortunately we'll still need someone to pick the lettuce.

Personally I've started marketing my software and services from "You need this to compete" into "You need this to shave employee costs because we do the work of x number of employees." Sad but true. It's about cutting costs now (becoming more productive.)

You nailed it perfectly in the bolded part, no doubt.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Token Union Member

It must suck big donkey dick to be forced to pay into social security and medicare. I guess my union job with union pension and benefits isn't so bad after all.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
It must suck big donkey dick to be forced to pay into social security and medicare. I guess my union job with union pension and benefits isn't so bad after all.
Cost of doing bidness. What torques me is they raise the max amount every year far greater than the benefits rise. I think it is up to a max of 102K salary now before they stop yanking my change.

Raise the benefits the same percentage as the max salary and at least it is palatable.

I figure by the time I retire the SSI money will be my Choctaw money every month.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Token Union Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Cost of doing bidness. What torques me is they raise the max amount every year far greater than the benefits rise. I think it is up to a max of 102K salary now before they stop yanking my change.

Raise the benefits the same percentage as the max salary and at least it is palatable.

I figure by the time I retire the SSI money will be my Choctaw money every month.

Nothing wrong with that. Hell railroad retirement takes 18% of my earnings so it doesn't take long for that to add up to thousands of dollars. Granted me and my my future wife will have a very nice retirement because my wife will get a seperate check mailed to her for half of what ever I get each month. The only problem is once we are both dead those checks stop coming and the railroad retirement is big time in the black because of me. This is also why I do a 401k. I figure 5% over 37 years should be enough to buy me all the toys I want and if my kids are lucky their might be some change left over for them.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement