Russias new president hard at work, Chinese airplane coming? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Russias new president hard at work, Chinese airplane coming?

Russia transfers all their aviation know how to China, + signs a nuclear deal.

Haha so, i foresee a pos Chinese built airplane, built on 1960s technology

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 09:50 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I don't think I'd be so quick to throw them under the bus.

Russia's civil aviation industry has mainly had a problem with capitol. As a result they haven't been able to design anything brand new in a long long time. However the military side of Russian aviation is quite technologically advanced (though not as much as US Aviation industry) A lot of that technology can be transferred to the civil aviation role.

China brings manufacturing capacity to the mix.

I totally agree that the first planes they build will be crap. They will be sold to 3rd world markets and may not even be good enough for FAA certification. But these guys aren't looking at this in the short term. They are looking 20 and 30 years down the road, maybe even longer than that.

I'm pretty sure everyone was laughing at Airbus. Lockheed, McDonald Douglas, and Boeing. Now one of those competitors is completely out of the civil aviation market, the other was sucked up by Boeing and the last is having a lot of technical issues with the Dreamliner. Meanwhile Airbus is now an equal competitor and even offers larger planes than Boeing (it finally made it into production)

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
I don't think I'd be so quick to throw them under the bus.

Russia's civil aviation industry has mainly had a problem with capitol. As a result they haven't been able to design anything brand new in a long long time. However the military side of Russian aviation is quite technologically advanced (though not as much as US Aviation industry) A lot of that technology can be transferred to the civil aviation role.

China brings manufacturing capacity to the mix.
The Chinese can probably easily tell the Ruskies about anything we've got going on. They'll make a shit pot full of money arming the world.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 01:12 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
They'll make a shit pot full of money arming the world.
And we don't?

I don't know if that statement is meant to be judgmental or just a statement of fact so my next statement is just to compare "US" and "Them"

The United States is the worlds #1 exporter of weapons. We account for 36% of the arms trade. We are also the top seller to the third world (even that surprised me)

BTW, if the Chinese know something, the Russians could very well have known about it several years earlier. The Chinese are taking advantage of electronic and corporate espionage but the Russian's human intelligence capability is very likely the best in the world. (People will argue that Israel is better but they don't have nearly the personnel numbers the Russians do) Don't forget, the Prime Minister of Russia is the former head of the KGB.

One other thing. I'm frankly not afraid of China, especially from a military standpoint. A lot of people like to call them an emerging SuperPower. That is a load of shit. From a nuclear arms standpoint, China doesn't even have HALF the nukes that FRANCE does. Seriously, fuckin' FRANCE has more nukes. Heck Israel and Britain are all believed to have more nukes (we know the Brits have more, but Israel MIGHT have as many as 200 each depending on who you ask) India only has about 20 or 30 less than China.

China only has one thing going for them from a military standpoint, people. They have a bit over 7million (almost all through conscription) compared to the 2nd largest military, the US, (100% volunteer) that has just under 3million. Even though China's military spending is about $51billion but that is less than the cost of the F-22's entire budget. The US spends $549billion a year.

People fear China too damn much and that is probably the biggest cause of our problems with them...

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And we don't?

I don't know if that statement is meant to be judgmental or just a statement of fact so my next statement is just to compare "US" and "Them"

People fear China too damn much and that is probably the biggest cause of our problems with them...
No it's not meant to be judgemental. It's not even meant to be factual, it's just my opinion. I don't neccessarily fear China but I think the developing cozyness between China, Russia, and Iran warrants some concern.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 09:28 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
No it's not meant to be judgemental. It's not even meant to be factual, it's just my opinion. I don't neccessarily fear China but I think the developing cozyness between China, Russia, and Iran warrants some concern.
All that is absolutely true.

Now if we can just get a foreign policy that doesn't serve to drive a wedge between us and China. It wasn't that long ago that we considered China a VERY important military and political ally.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 05:16 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:

Now if we can just get a foreign policy that doesn't serve to drive a wedge between us and China. It wasn't that long ago that we considered China a VERY important military and political ally.
kinda like during the korean war.....
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 01:46 AM
The Janitor

Quote:

Yeah, and that became the exiled Republic of China in Taiwan, which we continue to support well.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 03:19 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell
Yeah, and that became the exiled Republic of China in Taiwan, which we continue to support well.
No, I'm still talking about the People Republic of China that Nixon won over. People forget that they were our allies during the cold war.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 AM
The Janitor

restoring diplomatic relations and being allied are two VERY different things.

They were NOT our allies during the cold war. Allies dont point ICBMs at each other. They had some minor border skirmishes with the soviets, but before the mid 1970s we thought they were in lock-step order with the soviets. Remember it was chinese weapons and anti-aircraft expertise which was used by the PAVN (NVA) forces in Vietnam.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Meeeeooowww

cessna skycatcher will be chinese built.

Parts of the 787 will be too.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 02:02 PM
07 TBSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by black90gt
haha I was gonna mention that.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Out

Dude... nothing but bad shit will be coming from either nation. Those in power over here already know it, but there's nothing they can do about it, so they don't say shit.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Dude... nothing but bad shit will be coming from either nation. Those in power over here already know it, but there's nothing they can do about it, so they don't say shit.
pretty much. anyone who says they're not concerned about what those two nations can and will do is flat out ignorant.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
pretty much. anyone who says they're not concerned about what those two nations can and will do is flat out ignorant.
Yep. We can joke about it all we want, but it'll eventually get Red Dawn up in this bia!!!!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:00 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

There is plenty that can be done. But it starts with a competent government. Unfortunately I don't see any real leadership for this country right now or with the next administration.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:08 AM
PAN

Quote:
Yep. We can joke about it all we want, but it'll eventually get Red Dawn up in this bia!!!!
Surely not. Are the leaders of other countries really willing to invade this continent? Hell, by myself I've got over a dozen firearms and I'm certain that I'm not the only one with this affliction...
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Surely not. Are the leaders of other countries really willing to invade this continent? Hell, by myself I've got over a dozen firearms and I'm certain that I'm not the only one with this affliction...
I didn't say it was going to be a successful effort. I've seen dumber shit. Where's that "pwn3d" pic with that boy throwing a rock at a tank with the cannon pointed at him?

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Don't worry we have Patrick Swayze.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Russia transfers all their aviation know how to China, + signs a nuclear deal.

Haha so, i foresee a pos Chinese built airplane, built on 1960s technology
Cessna airplane is also going to be having airplanes built in China, then disassembled, shipped to the US, and reassembled.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
Cessna airplane is also going to be having airplanes built in China, then disassembled, shipped to the US, and reassembled.
Yeah, it pisses me off. Fuck Cessna.

By disassembled and reassembled here, do you mean the whole plane? I'm sure it's just the wing section or something.

Cessna reports it saved USD$71,000 in production costs per aircraft, or about 40% of the cost. A second reason cited for moving production to Shenyang Aircraft Corporation was Cessna has no plant capacity available in the USA

THEN BUILD A BIGGER PLANT. FUCK.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:28 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:

By disassembled and reassembled here, do you mean the whole plane? I'm sure it's just the wing section or something.

Cessna reports it saved USD$71,000 in production costs per aircraft, or about 40% of the cost. A second reason cited for moving production to Shenyang Aircraft Corporation was Cessna has no plant capacity available in the USA

Yea that new aircraft is going to be a big seller. Its nice that they didn't send any jobs overseas (if that is indeed the case) but they could have built it here to begin with...

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Meeeeooowww

Thumbs up

Quote:

They can't keep up with Citation production.
Better to use the resources for the 560XLS+ and Columbus.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement