Lets start it up - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Lets start it up

Man, this is gonna be a fun summer on DFWStangs.

Quote:
Democrat Barack Obama has opened an 8-point national lead on Republican John McCain as the U.S. presidential rivals turn their focus to a general election race, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...rpc=22&sp=true

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Pushed to the limit

Oh no you di'int.

Buying dogs kills.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

It's a lose-lose situation no matter what, so I (thankfully) could care less this time around.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS
Oh no you di'int.
Oh yea I did.

I made this prediction some time ago in this subforum. It's Obama's race to lose.

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Oh yea I did.

I made this prediction some time ago in this subforum. It's Obama's race to lose.
I don't know man. It seems as though the media is full of shit unless it favors the Republicans.

Buying dogs kills.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Lifer

Only Democrats would select a candidate who is thought to be unqualified to be President by the other Dem candidate who has the popular vote. This thing is not over, but if Obama wins, maybe we deserve 4 years of his liberal ass to wake up some true conservatives to run. Carter sure motivated the conservatives to get into gear.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I don't know man. It seems as though the media is full of shit unless it favors the Republicans.

Watch how McCain starts playing to hispanics over the summer.

He flip flops on immigration more than Kerry flipflopped during his entire campaign. Hell, McCain has Juan Hernandez as one of his advisors now.

Quote:
We must not only have a free flow of goods and services, but also start working for a free flow of people.
- Juan Hernandez

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
Only Democrats would select a candidate who is thought to be unqualified to be President by the other Dem candidate who has the popular vote. This thing is not over, but if Obama wins, maybe we deserve 4 years of his liberal ass to wake up some true conservatives to run. Carter sure motivated the conservatives to get into gear.
Does anyone know what a true conservative is anymore? The only way to get elected these days is to ride the fence.

Buying dogs kills.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I've always said (well not on this forum by RL)... you get exactly what you voted for.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Lifer

It's awfully early, and Obama is awfully flawed...

Talk about a flip-flop...he stated on May 18, that Iran was no threat to us at all. On the 20th, he said they are a dangerous threat. The man is incapable of making a decision. He might be our next Prez, but it will be the biggest debacle since Jimmy Carter.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
It's awfully early, and Obama is awfully flawed...

Talk about a flip-flop...he stated on May 18, that Iran was no threat to us at all. On the 20th, he said they are a dangerous threat. The man is incapable of making a decision. He might be our next Prez, but it will be the biggest debacle since Jimmy Carter.
Like I said... it's his race to lose.

I can't believe the best the Republicans could do was McCain.

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:

I can; it disappoints me that he is all they could do, but I'm not at all surprised.

Perot '08.

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yawn...ho hum

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Me either.

There is a little talk of Hillary holding out to the end, so that when the Dems give the nomination to Obama, she will declare herself an "Independent", and run. Not a bad idea. We all remember what happened in '92 when Perot ran. Hell, I voted for him.

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I can; it disappoints me that he is all they could do, but I'm not at all surprised.

Perot '08.
Ha.

I worked Perot '92. It was my first real taste of how this country really works. My idealism faded after that.

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Me either.

There is a little talk of Hillary holding out to the end, so that when the Dems give the nomination to Obama, she will declare herself an "Independent", and run. Not a bad idea. We all remember what happened in '92 when Perot ran. Hell, I voted for him.
Hell, Bill has been talkin' about Chelsey being President!

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Does anyone know what a true conservative is anymore? The only way to get elected these days is to ride the fence.
This guy didn't ride the fence and you saw what happened to him.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

McCain is starting to sound like Romney. "Please stop me when I've said something you like"

post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Ha.

I worked Perot '92. It was my first real taste of how this country really works. My idealism faded after that.
Ha. I'm a huge fan of (the idea of) the Reform Party, but it just didn't work in practice. Regardless, I'm voting Perot damnit, even if I'm the only person in this country who does! I refuse to have a hand in electing either of the clusterfuckers running.

Last edited by Slowhand; 05-22-2008 at 12:05 AM.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Yawn...ho hum
Typical. Remember, your ass stays home on election day. Maybe you can comfort yourself, stroking Ron Paul posters and watching DVR recordings of him mumbling and stumbling every time someone posed a meaningful question to him.

post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Typical. Remember, your ass stays home on election day. Maybe you can comfort yourself, stroking Ron Paul posters and watching DVR recordings of him mumbling and stumbling every time someone posed a meaningful question to him.
You mean the no bullshit and same straight forward answers he gave every time he was allowed to give an answer?

Thanks for the reminder. Shit I might have gone to the polls and wondered who the hell would it do any good for me to vote for.

post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 AM
IA2

Quote:
Man, this is gonna be a fun summer on DFWStangs.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...rpc=22&sp=true
Bad news is:

We're fucked

Good news is:

After 4 years of obama and a democratically controlled congress, people will be ready for some conservative people back into office again, kind of like the carter era led to ronnie.
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:

And Husane Obama is the best the dems could do.

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Bullet sort of looses his grip when he factually gets his ass tore off.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Never settle always excel

According the May 21st(today) Gallup Daily: Obama is at 47% and McCain is at 44%
with 28% of Hillary's voters expected to go to McCain.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107443/Ga...McCain-44.aspx

"As would be expected, almost all Democratic voters who say they support Obama for their party's nomination also say they would vote for him in a general election matchup against McCain. But only 59% of Democratic voters who support Clinton say they would vote for Obama against McCain, while 28% say they would vote for the Republican McCain. This suggests that some Clinton supporters are so strongly opposed to Obama (or so loyal to Clinton) that they would go so far as to vote for the "other" party's candidate next November if Obama is the Democratic nominee."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105691/Mc...rs-McCain.aspx

It looks as though the Democrats are poised to implode.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
It's a lose-lose situation no matter what, so I (thankfully) could care less this time around.
I agree, screwed no matter what.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
According the May 21st(today) Gallup Daily: Obama is at 47% and McCain is at 44%
with 28% of Hillary's voters expected to go to McCain.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107443/Ga...McCain-44.aspx

"As would be expected, almost all Democratic voters who say they support Obama for their party's nomination also say they would vote for him in a general election matchup against McCain. But only 59% of Democratic voters who support Clinton say they would vote for Obama against McCain, while 28% say they would vote for the Republican McCain. This suggests that some Clinton supporters are so strongly opposed to Obama (or so loyal to Clinton) that they would go so far as to vote for the "other" party's candidate next November if Obama is the Democratic nominee."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105691/Mc...rs-McCain.aspx

It looks as though the Democrats are poised to implode.
The demos will change once Clinton admits defeat... or when she gets on the ticket as the Veep.

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camino
And Husane Obama is the best the dems could do.
Never really cared what the democraps could do. They haven't impressed me for quite some time. Although, being the bidness man in techonology I am, I didn't really mind Clinton.

post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yawn...ho hum
Why do you care, you aren't voting, right?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
This guy didn't ride the fence and you saw what happened to him.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

McCain is starting to sound like Romney. "Please stop me when I've said something you like"

LOL! Do you wake up at night and find yourself yelling out his name?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL! Do you wake up at night and find yourself yelling out his name?
No but I go to bed a night satisfied that my backing him bugs you. Typical that out of this thread you would lock on that post from me.

Questions for you Mr. "you haven't answered my question yet and I'm gonna cry til you do".
Exactly why does it disturb you so much that I chose to support Ron Paul? He's out of the running anyway. Did you really think you could convert my thinking to some stupid assed logic like yours, or are you really that commited to just pickin at shit like this to thump your wannabe conservative chest and get some confirmation from your little support group so you will "belong"?

I studied the issues and chose the candidate to support that had the answers that I was looking for. Unfortunately he was a direct threat to some key elements that control the clusterfuck happening to this country and was eliminated, but I remained true to my commitment. You however, as I stated in another post (with a question you haven't answered BTW), chased candidates around like a kid trying to keep up until they dropped out one by one and ended up supporting your candidate by process of elimination. It's the one you were calling a liberal RINO not too long ago. Are you a straight party ticket voter or did you just not know what you were looking for with the issues?

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Hell, Bill has been talkin' about Chelsey being President!

Please no!!
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No but I go to bed a night satisfied that my backing him bugs you. Typical that out of this thread you would lock on that post from me. ?
You think about me when you are going to bed? How creepy is that?

Quote:
Questions for you Mr. "you haven't answered my question yet and I'm gonna cry til you do".
Exactly why does it disturb you so much that I chose to support Ron Paul? He's out of the running anyway. Did you really think you could convert my thinking to some stupid assed logic like yours, or are you really that commited to just pickin at shit like this to thump your wannabe conservative chest and get some confirmation from your little support group so you will "belong"? ?
I think it is funny how you nuthug RP. I am not disturbed by it at all. It has provided me and many others on the board lots of laughter at your expense. You are the prototypical RP supporter, the one I pegged early on and everyone said wasn't true. LOL

BTW, I state what I firmly believe in, something that I have taken years to get to. My beliefs are firm and concrete. They are solid and based upon life exerience and my conscience. I think this bugs you because you are a "LIT". A "LIT" is a liberal in thought who won't admit he is a liberal, because you know they are hypocritical on many stances and although you deny it, your words betray the denials.

Just my .02, hope it doesn't disturb your sleep tonight while you think about me.

Quote:
I studied the issues and chose the candidate to support that had the answers that I was looking for. Unfortunately he was a direct threat to some key elements that control the clusterfuck happening to this country and was eliminated, but I remained true to my commitment. You however, as I stated in another post (with a question you haven't answered BTW), chased candidates around like a kid trying to keep up until they dropped out one by one and ended up supporting your candidate by process of elimination. It's the one you were calling a liberal RINO not too long ago. Are you a straight party ticket voter or did you just not know what you were looking for with the issues?
There is no alternative to McCain for me in this election. I have stated many times that the most important issue for me is national securty and the War on Terror. John McCain is the only candidate who will support my position. I know you won't understand that since you support a person who agrees with Obama and Hillary about needing to withdraw with no thought to the consequences.

I guess if I still posted on here about how great Thompson would have been and how stupid the American people are for not voting for him, well, I would be the Thompson equivalent to your RP nuthugging ass, huh?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I state what I firmly believe in, something that I have taken years to get to. My beliefs are firm and concrete. They are solid and based upon life exerience and my conscience.
There is no alternative to McCain for me in this election. I have stated many times that the most important issue for me is national securty and the War on Terror. John McCain is the only candidate who will support my position. I know you won't understand that since you support a person who agrees with Obama and Hillary about needing to withdraw with no thought to the consequences.

I guess if I still posted on here about how great Thompson would have been and how stupid the American people are for not voting for him, well, I would be the Thompson equivalent to your RP nuthugging ass, huh?
So this is your explanation of why you had a different candidate to support weekly when there were too many choices to keep it simple for you. So by process of elimination your "no alternative" candidate is the one you were calling a liberal RINO. Typical.

Because you say anyone that want's to withdraw from Iraq has no thought to the consequences doesn't make it true. Thankfully just because you say a lot of crap doesn't make it true.

Thompson is a lazy actor. Why would you discuss him on a political forum?

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
So this is your explanation of why you had a different candidate to support weekly when there were too many choices to keep it simple for you. So by process of elimination your "no alternative" candidate is the one you were calling a liberal RINO. Typical.

Because you say anyone that want's to withdraw from Iraq has no thought to the consequences doesn't make it true. Thankfully just because you say a lot of crap doesn't make it true.

And why keep discussing Ron Paul? His odds are about as good as Thompsons.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 10:39 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

Clinton too

Quote:
Carter sure motivated the conservatives to get into gear.
as did Bill Clinton also.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 10:56 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

I guess what is wrong with that is

Quote:
I studied the issues and chose the candidate to support that had the answers that I was looking for. Unfortunately he was a direct threat to some key elements that control the clusterfuck happening to this country and was eliminated, but I remained true to my commitment.
Your vote IS, YOUR VOTE, vote for whoever you want to, hell writein John Wayne,
Why not, he stands just as good a chance of winning as Ron Paul. You're using your vote as a personal stance with no regard for the country best good. What will a vote for Ron Paul do for YOU because that's all YOUR vote is for (so you can feel good about your commitment) who cars if Obama wins because you had principals. It's all about YOU isn't it. Try to use that "commitment" to pay all those extra taxes Obama is going to try to pass

Last edited by jyro; 05-25-2008 at 11:03 PM.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Out

Although not the Antichrist, BO is exactly the person who he'll support.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
Your vote IS, YOUR VOTE, vote for whoever you want to, hell writein John Wayne,
Why not, he stands just as good a chance of winning as Ron Paul. You're using your vote as a personal stance with no regard for the country best good. What will a vote for Ron Paul do for YOU because that's all YOUR vote is for (so you can feel good about your commitment) who cars if Obama wins because you had principals. It's all about YOU isn't it. Try to use that "commitment" to pay all those extra taxes Obama is going to try to pass
Exactly. "My vote is MY vote". I think the misconception here is that you and others think that I think RP has a chance to win the election. I don't and haven't for a long time. But I won't vote for someone that I don't want to see in the WH. And there is no one running that I want to see in the WH. I don't think you can write in a name anyway. I'm sorry if you think I think it's "all about me". It's all about my new grandson.

I'd like to express my debt of gratitude to the service men and women past, present, and future for their service and sacrifice for our country.

post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:

I have never wavered from my the choice of who would be my candidate. It had to be a person who would be strong on the War on Terror. There were at least 6 candidates to choose from. I wanted Thompson, he dropped out. I guess it is a major victory becuase you think he was lazy, yet it is no big deal that your choice is commonly known to be a nutcase.

So how do you think it will go in Iraq if we have a pullout similar to what RP wants? Hell, even Hillary and Obama have backed off their hard line stance of immediate pullout. Even they know how an immediate and unconditional pullout will go.

Remember, RP wants us out of every country in the world unless HE decides it is in our national security interets to be there.

I really find it funny you want to call me out for discussing Thompson after you asked about my choice, then keep bringing up RP like he is still running. You are one hate-filled confused dude to be so stupid going there. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 05:15 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:

tell that to 2000, and 2004 elections. The media is full of shit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement