Republican party keeps losing.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Republican party keeps losing....

Republicrat assholes in DC.... prepare for the ass whoopin' you are about to receive...

As of late, I've been pretty pissed off with my party. They have almost completely abandoned conservative principals of smaller spending, smaller government, etc, etc... They have failed on border security.. Oh hell you guys know I could take a month writing why these guys are failures....

The only problem is that to have a change in the Republican party, the Democrats are going to get some time to fuck things up...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d4ed63bc-2...nclick_check=1

Quote:
Republicans fear election juggernaut

By Edward Luce and Andrew Ward in Washington

Published: May 14 2008 18:49 | Last updated: May 14 2008 18:49

Hillary Clinton’s supporters on Tuesday proclaimed her crushing victory in West Virginia as evidence of Barack Obama’s continuing weakness among blue collar workers. But the simultaneous Democratic victory in a Mississippi congressional race suggested there may be little the Republicans can do to stop 2008 from being a washout.

Fuelled by a strong African-American turnout, the Democratic win in Mississippi on Tuesday delivered the third consecutive Republican congressional defeat in otherwise safe districts following a recent loss in Louisiana and in the Illinois district of Dennis Hastert, the former Republican speaker.

In both Louisiana and Mississippi, Republican attempts to link the Democratic candidate to Mr Obama failed. Polls suggest the Democrats could increase their Senate lead from a 51-49 split to a safer 55-45 majority and add to their majority in the House of Representatives by 10 to 15 seats in the elections in November.

“Since 1980 I have not seen a terrain so tilted against one party as it is against the Republicans in 2008,” says Norman Ornstein, a political analyst at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. “To be sure, Barack Obama may face a close race against John McCain, but there is no evidence his candidacy would harm Democratic congressional prospects.”

On Wednesday, John Boehner, the Republican House leader, said the Mississippi defeat was a “wake-up call” for Republican candidates nationwide. House Republicans this week acknowledged the yearning for new leadership among voters by unveiling a new campaign slogan – “Change you deserve”– mimicking Mr Obama’s “Change we deserve” slogan.

With just $7m (€4.5m, £3.6m) in the bank compared with $44m for congressional Democrats, there is a sense of urgency among Capitol Hill Republicans about what many fear could turn out to be an unstoppable Democratic juggernaut. “This is a change election,” said Mr Boehner, “and if we want America to vote for us, we have to convince them that we can fix Washington.”

Nor has Mr Obama’s widely expected setback in West Virginia stemmed the flow of superdelegates moving in his direction. On Wednesday three former chairmen of the Securities and Exchange Commission added their endorsements to the 27 superdelegates who have backed him in the past week.

With more superdelegates now supporting him – up from a deficit of more than 100 two months ago – Mr Obama is expected to win a majority of elected delegates when Oregon and Kentucky hold their primary elections next Tuesday. There were few signs on Wednesday that Mrs Clinton, who on Tuesday night said she was now “more determined than ever” to see the race through to its conclusion on June 3, had changed the minds of the remaining 250 undecided superdelegates.

But Republican strategists believe that Mr Obama’s so-called Achilles heel with white, working class voters could still assist them. “This is clearly going to be a Democratic year,” said David Frum, a former speechwriter for George W. Bush, whose latest book, Comeback, argues that Republicans have abandoned bread-and-butter concerns of their base. “But by choosing Obama in the presidential race the Democrats may have opened up a large demographic block of voters for John McCain.”

The core Republican critique of Mr Obama is expected to focus on his patriotism, from his ties to Jeremiah Wright, his former pastor, to alleged links with radical anti-Zionist figures in Chicago in the 1990s. This, with questions about the patriotism of Michelle Obama and Mr Obama’s alleged lukewarm support for Israel are expected to form the core of Mr McCain’s attacks.

Asked about the persistent internet-fuelled rumours he was a Muslim and unpatriotic, Mr Obama said he expected these to continue. He hinted that supporters of Mrs Clinton might have played a hand in their dissemination. In West Virginia, one in five Democratic voters said race was a factor in their choice.

“This is something that has been systematically fed into the bloodstream,” said Mr Obama. “We notice these e-mails get sent out in each successive state that we were campaigning in, which indicates that it is not just a random sort of viral thing. I think you know this is a dirty trick that folks are playing on voters.”

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 10:17 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Very good point. I know at the State level some of the most "conservative" Republicans are taking the heat and there are already calls to send the old guard to pasture.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 02:39 AM
IA2

Not all change is good. Something that I think the american voters are about to discover over the next few years. All it will take is obama yanking the troups out and another attack on US soil, or new taxes on everything and a subsequent severe recession, etc. All things that the dems have promised to grace us with.

There seem to be no real conservatives anymore; it has fallen out of fashion.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Lifer

I will stick with the Republican Party regardless. Not saying I wouldn't vote Democratic if a more suitable candidate than a Republican was fielded by that party, but that obviously ain't gonna be happenin' this year.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Resident Epicurean

Denny Crane for President!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Lifer

Denny Crane has mad cow disease, although that could actually be considered an asset if elected president. Regardless, anyone who could captain a starship, subdue any and all intergalactic foes, and always get the ladies, all the while adhering to the Prime Directive, in addition to partnering a successful Boston law firm, is immensly qualified for the job in my book.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Denny Crane has mad cow disease, although that could actually be considered an asset if elected president. Regardless, anyone who could captain a starship, subdue any and all intergalactic foes, and always get the ladies, all the while adhering to the Prime Directive, in addition to partnering a successful Boston law firm, is immensly qualified for the job in my book.

Did you watch last night? Epic episode.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Lifer

Have it DVR'd.....makes for easy breezing through the commercials.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Time Served

Wolf Bilitzer must love what great work he has done here!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Lifer

I agree that the Republicans, as a party, have lost their way. I am still not ready to go down the route the current Dems will take us. If they win the WH and control Congress and things go completely crazy, like an attack on our soil, the economy actually gets worse, taxes go through the roof, and people realize their "change" really does suck, maybe the Republicans will put out some candidates who really are conservative.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I agree that the Republicans, as a party, have lost their way. I am still not ready to go down the route the current Dems will take us. If they win the WH and control Congress and things go completely crazy, like an attack on our soil, the economy actually gets worse, taxes go through the roof, and people realize their "change" really does suck, maybe the Republicans will put out some candidates who really are conservative.
Both parties are imploding right now, for different reasons. It's sort of fun to watch it, because both are severely out of touch with the American people. Maybe Obama gets in, and can polarize both parties. Sometimes it takes a Jimmy Carter for folks to realize what side they are on.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
If they win the WH and control Congress and things go completely crazy, like an attack on our soil, the economy actually gets worse, taxes go through the roof, and people realize their "change" really does suck, maybe the Republicans will put out some candidates who really are conservative.
Notch's version of a sexual fantasy.

If the republican party has such said conservtives, what's the hold up?
There will be no trully conservative and loyal to the country leaders until wall street can see where such would be a benifit to...wall street. Stop pretending like "we" have any power.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
Notch's version of a sexual fantasy.

If the republican party has such said conservtives, what's the hold up?
There will be no trully conservative and loyal to the country leaders until wall street can see where such would be a benifit to...wall street. Stop pretending like "we" have any power.
Why shouldn't I want the Republicans to put out conservative candidates? The Dems are putting out the extreme liberal candidates they want.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Why shouldn't I want the Republicans to put out conservative candidates? The Dems are putting out the extreme liberal candidates they want.
They did. You still can't trash him enough. So much for your "conservative" ideas. Like I said before..."wish in one hand and shit in the other...."

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
They did. You still can't trash him enough. So much for your "conservative" ideas. Like I said before..."wish in one hand and shit in the other...."
WTF? Are you posting drunk?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
WTF? Are you posting drunk?
I keep hoping he has some excuse for the bullshit he spews.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I keep hoping he has some excuse for the bullshit he spews.
LOL! That particular response made even less sense than usual for him.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Sometimes it takes a Jimmy Carter for folks to realize what side they are on.
I sincerely hope that's the case, but if so, it's going to be a bumpy few years.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL! That particular response made even less sense than usual for him.
Ok numbnuts, I'll go slow for you.

you said something retarded like:
"If they win the WH and control Congress and things go completely crazy, like an attack on our soil, the economy actually gets worse, taxes go through the roof, and people realize their "change" really does suck, maybe the Republicans will put out some candidates who really are conservative."

then I said something very witty like:
"if the repubs have a conservative candidate, why wait til then?"

then you being comprehension challenged said:
"Why shouldn't I want the Republicans to put out conservative candidates?"

and I said:
"they did (Ron Paul - get it now?), you're just too stupid to recognize it"

then you uttered some shit about:
"are you posting drunk?"

And...well that's about it. I hope this has been helpful to you, cause I want so badly to share a kumbaya moment with you and your sidekicks Vert and HookEm.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Ok numbnuts, I'll go slow for you.

you said something retarded like:
"If they win the WH and control Congress and things go completely crazy, like an attack on our soil, the economy actually gets worse, taxes go through the roof, and people realize their "change" really does suck, maybe the Republicans will put out some candidates who really are conservative."

then I said something very witty like:
"if the repubs have a conservative candidate, why wait til then?"

then you being comprehension challenged said:
"Why shouldn't I want the Republicans to put out conservative candidates?"

and I said:
"they did (Ron Paul - get it now?), you're just too stupid to recognize it"

then you uttered some shit about:
"are you posting drunk?"

And...well that's about it. I hope this has been helpful to you, cause I want so badly to share a kumbaya moment with you and your sidekicks Vert and HookEm.
All you have to respond with is name calling and references to RP? No wonder you have become a laughing stock only slightly less pathetic than gpamp. Very sad how far you have come in such a short time.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
All you have to respond with is name calling and references to RP? No wonder you have become a laughing stock only slightly less pathetic than gpamp. Very sad how far you have come in such a short time.
Ron Paul is deader than disco...if Obama doesn't keep his tramp in line, he will be, too.

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Ron Paul is deader than disco....
I know this, you know this, but apparently some RP supporters don't. I guess I was way off base calling RP supporters pretty much a group of idiots.

Quote:
if Obama doesn't keep his tramp in line, he will be, too.
I think it will be difficult to keep a strong black woman from speaking her mind.......at least I hope so.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement