in just one year - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
in just one year

This email came to me in three parts:

Part 1

In just one year. Remember the election in 2006?
Thought you might like to read the following:
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.



Quote of the Day........'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' -- Barack Obama

Part 2:

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics enlightening and amazing.
www.taxfoundation.org/publications/sh ow/151.html

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008
Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single mak ing 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K - tax $16,800& nbsp; Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

Both democratic candidates will return to the higher tax rates

It is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If Obama or Hillary are elected, they both say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.


PART 3:

You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much? Read this: Boy, am I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.



1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments. Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.Verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html



3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../01/ldt.0.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html



6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens..
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...1/ldt..01.html

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers. Verify at: http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. Verify: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html



10.. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US
Verify: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...2/ldt..01.html



11.. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border. Verify at: Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12.. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.' Verify at: http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.o...eportation.pdf

13.. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.. Verify at: http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14.. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States.' Verify at: http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

Are we THAT stupid?
If this doesn't bother you then just forget the message. If, on the other hand, it does raise the hair on the back of your neck, I hope you forward it to every legal resident in the country including every representative in Washington, D.C. - five times a week for as long as it takes to restore some semblance of intelligence in our policies and enforcement thereof.
jyro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.
This one really got me...and the same people that brush off illegal immigration as "harmless" are complaining about the national debt. LOL!

Slowhand is offline  
post #3 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Yawn.

Even if you believe all the trash in the first post... we're talking 3% of an 11 trillion dollar economy.

Love live the media when it agrees with you! Why the fuck don't you think the Feds do something about illegal aliens? Because the world's most powerful nation is powerless against them? Hell no, they understand they keep this country from going bankrupt.

Jeesh. Drink some more fucking kool-aid.

Furthermore, LMAO if you think all the illegal problems started in 2006.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
 
post #4 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra

Furthermore, LMAO if you think all the illegal problems started in 2006.
Kind of what I was thinking as I was scanning through the post.

Funny stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #5 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Yawn.

Even if you believe all the trash in the first post... we're talking 3% of an 11 trillion dollar economy.

Love live the media when it agrees with you! Why the fuck don't you think the Feds do something about illegal aliens? Because the world's most powerful nation is powerless against them? Hell no, they understand they keep this country from going bankrupt.

Jeesh. Drink some more fucking kool-aid.

Furthermore, LMAO if you think all the illegal problems started in 2006.
I missed the part where it said the illegal problems started in 2006, how did you come up with that? I think it related taxes and economic woes taking a downturn in 2006 to present, not illegal alien problems.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #6 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Radial Racer
 
NEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 325/50/15
Posts: 6,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Hell no, they understand they keep this country from going bankrupt.
Then why don't they stay in Mexico and make that country flourish as they do ours. The fact of the matter is that we do support them while they send money back to Mexico for Donkey food and corn for tortillas.


High Performance World
3133 National Circle
Garland, TX 75041
972-271-3900
NEAL is offline  
post #7 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:29 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAL
Then why don't they stay in Mexico and make that country flourish as they do ours. The fact of the matter is that we do support them while they send money back to Mexico for Donkey food and corn for tortillas.
Because Mexico isn't the consumer nation. America is the largest consuming nation in the world.

What's funny is we'll go ahead and stop illegal immigration and what will companies do? That's right sports fans open more factories in Mexico. Jobs that were done on American soil will move to Mexico. Either that are we'll all start complaining about the extra cost of things. Oops, we're already doing that.

So, I have to pay an extra $5 or $10 a week to cut my grass cut. Big deal.

I'm glad illegals built my house. Same quality and I probably saved 50K on the house.

America's for shit economy will eventually solve the illegal problem. Free markets tend to do that.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #8 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I missed the part where it said the illegal problems started in 2006, how did you come up with that? I think it related taxes and economic woes taking a downturn in 2006 to present, not illegal alien problems.
First part. The email is trying to put the illegal problem off as combined with everything else that has gone wrong since 2006 (lol).

Republicans fucked everything up just as bad as the democrats fucked everything up.

The funny thing is neither party has fucked things up... American consumerism and greed has fucked everything up.

Free markets are a wonderful thing until greed and power set in.

Doesn't matter I'm pretty sure 2008 is gonna be a really bad year for Republican candidates.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #9 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:18 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
The amount of people that sympathize with criminals who steal from our economy just amazes.
Chastise the guy that gets caught drinking and driving, but welcome the illegal immigrant with hands and mouth prepared to suck the economic tit dry.

Magnus is offline  
post #10 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
The income tax rates in that e-mail are way off. Although it is correct in principle since Bush lowered income taxes. The biggest way that happened was to stop the horseshit "marriage penalty" where married couples paid more taxes than two people who were single. I don't see how any sane person could think that was fucking fair.

Yet you can bet your ass that the Dems are out there campaigning to "reverse the tax cuts for the rich". Rich meaning anyone who makes over $40K a year....
AL P is offline  
post #11 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:27 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
The amount of people that sympathize with criminals who steal from our economy just amazes.
Chastise the guy that gets caught drinking and driving, but welcome the illegal immigrant with hands and mouth prepared to suck the economic tit dry.
LOL.

Thing is Godmagnus, they aren't sucking it dry, they are adding to it. I don't by a huge amount but they are probably adding 1-2% to the networth, on average, of every American.

Again, if it was a drain, the government would already have done something about it.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #12 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
LOL.

Thing is Godmagnus, they aren't sucking it dry, they are adding to it. I don't by a huge amount but they are probably adding 1-2% to the networth, on average, of every American.

Again, if it was a drain, the government would already have done something about it.
I'll agree that they contribute. My biggest beef is that they get fucked for taxes just like everyone else by the good old IRS instead of dodging it or stealing someone's identity. They are damn sure a net drain on social services.
AL P is offline  
post #13 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
I'll agree that they contribute. My biggest beef is that they get fucked for taxes just like everyone else by the good old IRS instead of dodging it or stealing someone's identity. They are damn sure a net drain on social services.


I think it's absurd to think that they contribute as much or more than they drain. Sure they buy groceries, gas, and shit like that that you have to have to get by. But the only real companies I see them stimulating is Western Union.
bcoop is offline  
post #14 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Lifer
 
futant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
The income tax rates in that e-mail are way off. Although it is correct in principle since Bush lowered income taxes. The biggest way that happened was to stop the horseshit "marriage penalty" where married couples paid more taxes than two people who were single. I don't see how any sane person could think that was fucking fair.

Yet you can bet your ass that the Dems are out there campaigning to "reverse the tax cuts for the rich". Rich meaning anyone who makes over $40K a year....
X2
this little report is inaccurate, overly simplistic as well
all around , too much of it is BS.

Sorry. It had some good points and then tossed some turds around as proof of it.

btw lol at the marriage penalty thing, I never did understand wtf was the point of that.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
futant is offline  
post #15 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
LOL.

Thing is Godmagnus, they aren't sucking it dry, they are adding to it. I don't by a huge amount but they are probably adding 1-2% to the networth, on average, of every American.

Again, if it was a drain, the government would already have done something about it.
You may have saved money on your house (not 50k), but we could tear down Parkland altogether, because that's what's supporting it now...illegals. It'
s a big-ass clinic for them, from cradle to grave. They are a HUGE draw on all of our social programs. I don't know the answer, but something has to change.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #16 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
I think it's absurd to think that they contribute as much or more than they drain. Sure they buy groceries, gas, and shit like that that you have to have to get by. But the only real companies I see them stimulating is Western Union.
Cheap labor is a lubricant for an economy, it always has been and it always will be. Creating something and selling it generates assets and value.

I agree on Western Union, they should put a nice federal tax on that shit. Maybe a point or a point and a half.
AL P is offline  
post #17 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Cheap labor is a lubricant for an economy, it always has been and it always will be. Creating something and selling it generates assets and value.

I agree on Western Union, they should put a nice federal tax on that shit. Maybe a point or a point and a half.


Fuck that. 10 points. You make it here, you spend it here. Choose to send it elsehwere? Fine. Give Uncle Sam his 10%, and we'll see you next pay period. kthxbi
bcoop is offline  
post #18 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You may have saved money on your house (not 50k), but we could tear down Parkland altogether, because that's what's supporting it now...illegals. It'
s a big-ass clinic for them, from cradle to grave. They are a HUGE draw on all of our social programs. I don't know the answer, but something has to change.
Like I said, on average Illegal Immigration is a small net benefit to the economy. Some is taken from here and some is gained from there.

You aren't going to tear down Parkland. lol. You still have the same high school dropouts making $5 an hour with 9 kids that you would have if you didn't have any illegal immigrants.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #19 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You still have the same high school dropouts making $5 an hour with 9 kids that you would have if you didn't have any illegal immigrants.


I agree with that 110% as well. I say we ship those fuckers off too.
bcoop is offline  
post #20 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Like I said, on average Illegal Immigration is a small net benefit to the economy. Some is taken from here and some is gained from there.

You aren't going to tear down Parkland. lol. You still have the same high school dropouts making $5 an hour with 9 kids that you would have if you didn't have any illegal immigrants.
Spend a day there. There are almost NO caucasians in there, and very few black folks. My daughter did two summers of interships there, and it's one of the reasons she decided against medical school. She felt she saw the future of medicine in this country. I went there a few times to meet her for lunch, and it was culture shock to me...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #21 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Spend a day there. There are almost NO caucasians in there, and very few black folks. My daughter did two summers of interships there, and it's one of the reasons she decided against medical school. She felt she saw the future of medicine in this country. I went there a few times to meet her for lunch, and it was culture shock to me...

Dude, Parkland has been there since 1894.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #22 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Dude, Parkland has been there since 1894.


What does that have to do with anything at all?
bcoop is offline  
post #23 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
What does that have to do with anything at all?
Nothing.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #24 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Nothing.


I certainly can't make a connection. Just trying to see what the fuck that has to do with the discussion..... Eric's probably in the top 5% of intelligible members (even though he's as old as baby Jesus) on this board though, so he wouldn't just throw that out there and not lead in to something else.
bcoop is offline  
post #25 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
My point about Parkland, is what it's become, not what it was. Dallas County is going broke funding that rat nest. They need to clean it up, as far as who's using it for what. Great trauma center and burn unit, but the folks they cater too, are all on the public's bill.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #26 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Great trauma center and burn unit, but the folks they cater too, are mostly on the public's bill.


Fixed.



Granted, it seems these days it's the rule, not the exception.
bcoop is offline  
post #27 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
My point about Parkland, is what it's become, not what it was. Dallas County is going broke funding that rat nest. They need to clean it up, as far as who's using it for what. Great trauma center and burn unit, but the folks they cater too, are all on the public's bill.
You are right, Vernut. If they got rid of the illegals they'd tear down Parkland because the low income Americans have a worse record of paying their medical bills.

Quote:
... Many immigrant families have mixed status; often a patient with no documents has a spouse or children who are legal. Most immigrant patients have jobs and pay taxes, through paycheck deductions or property taxes included in their rent, administrators at the Dallas and Fort Worth hospitals said. At both institutions, they have a better record of paying their bills than low-income Americans do, the administrators said... (NY Times)

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #28 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You are right, Vernut. If they got rid of the illegals they'd tear down Parkland because the low income Americans have a worse record of paying their medical bills.


Nobody ever fudges numbers, either. That's the important thing we need to remember here.



I'm sorry, but until I see facts that statement holds absolutely no water as far as I'm concerned.



It's a running joke among Latinos.


"Just go to Parkland, vato. You don't have to pay."
bcoop is offline  
post #29 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:26 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Nobody ever fudges numbers, either. That's the important thing we need to remember here.



I'm sorry, but until I see facts that statement holds absolutely no water as far as I'm concerned.



It's a running joke among Latinos.


"Just go to Parkland, vato. You don't have to pay."
And your anecdotal evidence provided on a DFWStangs holds no weight. I'll stick with the information from Parkland's directors.

If they wanted to fudge numbers they would fudge them downwards so they could receive more local, state and federal funds. No reason to lie and say they pay.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #30 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Nobody ever fudges numbers, either. That's the important thing we need to remember here.



I'm sorry, but until I see facts that statement holds absolutely no water as far as I'm concerned.



It's a running joke among Latinos.


"Just go to Parkland, vato. You don't have to pay."
No shit.

01WC, believe what you want, but I know what I've seen, and had several folks that are there every day, tell me the same.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #31 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You are right, Vernut. If they got rid of the illegals they'd tear down Parkland because the low income Americans have a worse record of paying their medical bills.
All 5% of the "Americans" that inhabit Parkland?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #32 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:38 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
No shit.

01WC, believe what you want, but I know what I've seen, and had several folks that are there every day, tell me the same.
Yea, I believe facts. I'm a bad person.

If you honestly assess the situation you can come to no other conclusion that illegal immigrants bring a net benefit to the supply side of our American economy. To think any other way is ignorant. Why do you think the business community is opposed to a simple crackdown?

You can certainly argue security and its obviously a highly valid argument and the only argument. But, the cost of securing the border is the same regardless of the number of immigrants in this country.

We're at the largest (12%) percentage of foreign born workers than in recent history yet with have higher GDP, GDP per capita, higher productivity and more AMERICANS are working than ever before.

Illegals may not have caused the recent economic boom in the 90s and 00s but they certainly didn't hurt it either.

Low-skilled and high-skilled immigrants (legal and illegal) boost national output, allow for specialization and provide a net economic stimulus. Bottom line.

Arguing security all you want but to argue they are a drain on the economy is beyond ignorant.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #33 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
All 5% of the "Americans" that inhabit Parkland?
So we kick out of paying illegals so the 5% of American born dead beats become 90% of the inhabitants?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #34 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
So we kick out of paying illegals so the 5% of American born dead beats become 90% of the inhabitants?


No, see my post above. We kick those mother fuckers out too!


I'm tired of this shit. If you can't fucking support yourself like a responsible fucking adult, you deserve to be eating feces living in a fucking hut in the desert.




AARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!! I'm so fucking sick of the bleeding heart bullshit.
bcoop is offline  
post #35 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
First part. The email is trying to put the illegal problem off as combined with everything else that has gone wrong since 2006 (lol).

Republicans fucked everything up just as bad as the democrats fucked everything up.

The funny thing is neither party has fucked things up... American consumerism and greed has fucked everything up.

Free markets are a wonderful thing until greed and power set in.

Doesn't matter I'm pretty sure 2008 is gonna be a really bad year for Republican candidates.
I didn't read it and think they were trying to say illegal immigration was a problem beginning in 2006. I even read it again and don't see where you got that.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #36 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I didn't read it and think they were trying to say illegal immigration was a problem beginning in 2006. I even read it again and don't see where you got that.
Your loss.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #37 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
LOL.

Thing is Godmagnus, they aren't sucking it dry, they are adding to it. I don't by a huge amount but they are probably adding 1-2% to the networth, on average, of every American.

Again, if it was a drain, the government would already have done something about it.
I thought big business was profiting from illegal immigration, and Bush is in the pocket of big business, and that is why he has done nothing about it?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #38 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Your loss.
LOL, I keep forgetting you are always right. I will try and remember it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #39 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:50 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
LOL, I keep forgetting you are always right. I will try and remember it.
Thanks.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #40 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:52 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
If there were 20mil illegal immigrants, and at 338.3billion a year drain, every single one (retired, kids, house wives, all of them) would need to make at least 17k a year and give it all to the government to make up for their drain on the economy.
I really can't see how having them here benefits anything other than trying to rise the total population number.

Magnus is offline  
post #41 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
I wouldn't have a problem with the illegals if i could go into mexico, not pay taxes and be able to buy land. I'd buy a small coastal plot and use the locals to fill my plantation.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #42 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:02 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
If there were 20mil illegal immigrants, and at 338.3billion a year drain, every single one (retired, kids, house wives, all of them) would need to make at least 17k a year and give it all to the government to make up for their drain on the economy.
I really can't see how having them here benefits anything other than trying to rise the total population number.
What about the 486 billion that is sitting in Social Security from "unknown" (undocumented workers)? No to mention Federal/State tax paid by the "unknown" workers.

Like I said if the government thought it was a drain the issue would already be solved.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #43 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
What about the 486 billion that is sitting in Social Security from "unknown" (undocumented workers)? No to mention Federal/State tax paid by the "unknown" workers.

Like I said if the government thought it was a drain the issue would already be solved.
Uncle Sam can't "solve" a crossword puzzle, or fix shit. Ever wonder why California has a $14 BILLION deficit? They are schooling massive amounts of illegals, along with prviding health care for them, not unlike Parkland. They just have more of them. Remember, Californians also pay state income tax, and they are still $14 billion behind.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #44 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:28 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Uncle Sam can't "solve" a crossword puzzle, or fix shit. Ever wonder why California has a $14 BILLION deficit? They are schooling massive amounts of illegals, along with prviding health care for them, not unlike Parkland. They just have more of them. Remember, Californians also pay state income tax, and they are still $14 billion behind.
Oh please, maybe the fact they spend over 10,000 a year per student to educate their children plays into their high cost of education, not the illegals. Texas is well below that figure per student.

The State Comptroller in Texas, in 2007, wrote a paper detailing how the absence of our 1.4MM illegal aliens would result in a loss of almost 17 BILLION in gross state product.

Blaming the shit on undocumented workers is a crutch and hides the real problems in government... too big... too slow... and downright wasteful. Why do you think they want you to believe illegals cause all these problems? Because it helps them keep their fucking jobs.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #45 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
If you honestly assess the situation you can come to no other conclusion that illegal immigrants bring a net benefit to the supply side of our American economy. To think any other way is ignorant. Why do you think the business community is opposed to a simple crackdown?
Because the business community enjoys all of the benefits while paying little of the costs.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
AL P is offline  
post #46 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Because the business community enjoys all of the benefits while paying little of the costs.


Yep. Cheaper labor gives them higher profit margins, and a bigger market share due to price.



Gee, I don't have any idea why they would be opposed to crack down.
bcoop is offline  
post #47 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Oh please, maybe the fact they spend over 10,000 a year per student to educate their children plays into their high cost of education, not the illegals. Texas is well below that figure per student.

The State Comptroller in Texas, in 2007, wrote a paper detailing how the absence of our 1.4MM illegal aliens would result in a loss of almost 17 BILLION in gross state product.

Blaming the shit on undocumented workers is a crutch and hides the real problems in government... too big... too slow... and downright wasteful. Why do you think they want you to believe illegals cause all these problems? Because it helps them keep their fucking jobs.
15% of the students in California's public schools, are illegals. California won't even admit what illegals are costing them. We DO know that they spend over 1 Billion a year educating illegals, and that 17% of the prison population in California are illegals. We'd better learn from California, because we're next.

*I edited this post from 50% to 15%*

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

Last edited by Vertnut; 05-14-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Vertnut is offline  
post #48 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Yep. Cheaper labor gives them higher profit margins, and a bigger market share due to price.



Gee, I don't have any idea why they would be opposed to crack down.
Yep. I have two crews that use guys that are "questionable"...my concrete man, and my roofer. That's it. I'll pay the extra $2k in labor if they would go home.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #49 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:42 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Oh please, maybe the fact they spend over 10,000 a year per student to educate their children plays into their high cost of education, not the illegals. Texas is well below that figure per student.

The State Comptroller in Texas, in 2007, wrote a paper detailing how the absence of our 1.4MM illegal aliens would result in a loss of almost 17 BILLION in gross state product.

Blaming the shit on undocumented workers is a crutch and hides the real problems in government... too big... too slow... and downright wasteful. Why do you think they want you to believe illegals cause all these problems? Because it helps them keep their fucking jobs.
17 billion is a small chuck on 338.3 billion.
Which other states are making up the 321.3 billion?

Magnus is offline  
post #50 of 260 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
17 billion is a small chuck on 338.3 billion.
Which other states are making up the 321.3 billion?
Not just the states, Godmagnus. All those illegal works using fake credentials get a portion of their paychecks sent into the Federal and State governments each pay period.

Another example... Texas has the second largest illegal population (behind California)... we're running a budget surplus 3 years running. How come we're ain't getting dicked?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome