global poverty tax? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 579
global poverty tax?

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas...r-senate-vote/

Obama’s Global Tax Proposal Up for Senate Vote


AIM Column | By Cliff Kincaid | February 12, 2008

It appears the Senate version is being pushed not only by Biden and Obama, a member of the committee, but Lugar, the ranking Republican member.

A nice-sounding bill called the "Global Poverty Act," sponsored by Democratic presidential candidate and Senator Barack Obama, is up for a Senate vote on Thursday and could result in the imposition of a global tax on the United States. The bill, which has the support of many liberal religious groups, makes levels of U.S. foreign aid spending subservient to the dictates of the United Nations.

Senator Joe Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has not endorsed either Senator Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton in the presidential race. But on Thursday, February 14, he is trying to rush Obama's "Global Poverty Act" (S.2433) through his committee. The legislation would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of gross national product on foreign aid, which amounts to a phenomenal 13-year total of $845 billion over and above what the U.S. already spends.

The bill, which is item number four on the committee's business meeting agenda, passed the House by a voice vote last year because most members didn't realize what was in it. Congressional sponsors have been careful not to calculate the amount of foreign aid spending that it would require. According to the website of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, no hearings have been held on the Obama bill in that body.

A release from the Obama Senate office about the bill declares, "In 2000, the U.S. joined more than 180 countries at the United Nations Millennium Summit and vowed to reduce global poverty by 2015. We are halfway towards this deadline, and it is time the United States makes it a priority of our foreign policy to meet this goal and help those who are struggling day to day."

The legislation itself requires the President "to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day."

The bill defines the term "Millennium Development Goals" as the goals set out in the United Nations Millennium Declaration, General Assembly Resolution 55/2 (2000).

The U.N. says that "The commitment to provide 0.7% of gross national product (GNP) as official development assistance was first made 35 years ago in a General Assembly resolution, but it has been reaffirmed repeatedly over the years, including at the 2002 global Financing for Development conference in Monterrey, Mexico. However, in 2004, total aid from the industrialized countries totaled just $78.6 billion-or about 0.25% of their collective GNP."

In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that declaration commits nations to banning "small arms and light weapons" and ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

The Millennium Declaration also affirms the U.N. as "the indispensable common house of the entire human family, through which we will seek to realize our universal aspirations for peace, cooperation and development."

Jeffrey Sachs, who runs the U.N.'s "Millennium Project," says that the U.N. plan to force the U.S. to pay 0.7 percent of GNP in increased foreign aid spending would add $65 billion a year to what the U.S. already spends. Over a 13-year period, from 2002, when the U.N.'s Financing for Development conference was held, to the target year of 2015, when the U.S. is expected to meet the "Millennium Development Goals," this amounts to $845 billion. And the only way to raise that kind of money, Sachs has written, is through a global tax, preferably on carbon-emitting fossil fuels.

Obama's bill has only six co-sponsors. They are Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez. But it appears that Biden and Obama see passage of this bill as a way to highlight Democratic Party priorities in the Senate.

The House version (H.R. 1302), sponsored by Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash.), had only 84 co-sponsors before it was suddenly brought up on the House floor last September 25 and was passed by voice vote. House Republicans were caught off-guard, unaware that the pro-U.N. measure committed the U.S. to spending hundreds of billions of dollars.

It appears the Senate version is being pushed not only by Biden and Obama, a member of the committee, but Lugar, the ranking Republican member. Lugar has worked with Obama in the past to promote more foreign aid for Russia, supposedly to stem nuclear proliferation, and has become Obama's mentor. Like Biden, Lugar is a globalist. They have both promoted passage of the U.N.'s Law of the Sea Treaty, for example.

The so-called "Lugar-Obama initiative" was modeled after the Nunn-Lugar program, also known as the Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) program, which was designed to eliminate weapons of mass destruction in the former Soviet Union. But one defense analyst, Rich Kelly, noted evidence that "CTR funds have eased the Russian military's budgetary woes, freeing resources for such initiatives as the war in Chechnya and defense modernization." He recommended that Congress "eliminate CTR funding so that it does not finance additional, perhaps more threatening, programs in the former Soviet Union." However, over $6 billion has already been spent on the program.

Another program modeled on Nunn-Lugar, the Initiatives for Proliferation Prevention (IPP), was recently exposed as having funded nuclear projects in Iran through Russia.

More foreign aid through passage of the Global Poverty Act was identified as one of the strategic goals of InterAction, the alliance of U.S-based international non-governmental organizations that lobbies for more foreign aid. The group is heavily financed by the U.S. Government, having received $1.4 million from taxpayers in fiscal year 2005 and $1.7 million in 2006. However, InterAction recently issued a report accusing the United States of "falling short on its commitment to rid the world of dire poverty by 2015 under the U.N. Millennium Development Goals..."

It's not clear what President Bush would do if the bill passes the Senate. The bill itself quotes Bush as declaring that "We fight against poverty because opportunity is a fundamental right to human dignity." Bush's former top aide, Michael J. Gerson, writes in his new book, Heroic Conservatism, that Bush should be remembered as the President who "sponsored the largest percentage increases in foreign assistance since the Marshall Plan..."

Even these increases, however, will not be enough to satisfy the requirements of the Obama bill. A global tax will clearly be necessary to force American taxpayers to provide the money.

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
mightyp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Good God almighty, let's hope this piece of shit legislation dies
mikeb is offline  
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Now just what do you think will happen if/when Obama gets in office? Please people, think about this.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Putting the sensual in nonconsensual since 1984
Posts: 12,482
Fuck AAALLLLLLLLLLL of that bullshit.



Heads will roll if shit like that starts goin' down.


.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Strychnine is offline  
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
If he will make us pay for OTHER countries, what do you think we'll have to pay to our own? If this doesn't prove he's a Marxist, what does?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 06:05 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
That sounded like such bullshit that I actually had to check Snopes. Holy Crap its true.

I'm pretty much against any crap like that but you'd think we would at least take care of our own first. But hell no, lets create a worldwide poverty state instead. Better yet, lets have the UN run the whole fuckin' show.

Its a cluster fuck just waiting to happen.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Wow. Just, wow. WTH???

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 06:45 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
The child molester wwill stay away from this thread.
If he comes in, he'll dodge the topic and assault someone/something else as an offense/defense style.

Magnus is offline  
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
The child molester wwill stay away from this thread.
If he comes in, he'll dodge the topic and assault someone/something else as an offense/defense style.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
gpamp

Magnus is offline  
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
gpamp

He'll whine about it being a cut and paste........

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
gpamp
Ah...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
The only way for the rest of the people in the world to be equal to Americans is to drag down the standard of living of Americans. [/liberal thinking]
TexasDevilDog is offline  
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
The only way for the rest of the people in the world to be equal to Americans is to drag down the standard of living of Americans. [/liberal thinking]
That's the plan. (globalization thinking)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
I keep looking for The Onion link but am not finding it!?
These motherfuckers are party to treason.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Kyoto Protocol
Universal Healthcare
Stimulus Plans
Bailout Plans
World Poverty Plans

...where the fuck is he planning to get the money for all of this?!

Slowhand is offline  
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:13 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Kyoto Protocol
Universal Healthcare
Stimulus Plans
Bailout Plans
World Poverty Plans

...where the fuck is he planning to get the money for all of this?!
He was raised on handouts....so he assumes they will always be there?

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 12:16 AM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Kyoto Protocol
Universal Healthcare
Stimulus Plans
Bailout Plans
World Poverty Plans

...where the fuck is he planning to get the money for all of this?!
from the US taxpayer, of course. Democrat = tax and spend
mikeb is offline  
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,367
Why would the US agree to this in 2000?!! The US made a commitment to the UN to reduce poverty by 2015. Eight years later, they finally decide to push an act through Congress to make sure they keep the promise to the UN. WTF? This isn't a Democratic thing, this is a Congress thing- both parties are in on it.




In 2000, the United States joined all countries in the world in committing to the Millennium Development Goals to improve life for the world’s poorest people by 2015. We are now half-way to 2015, and we need to strengthen the United States' commitment to these goals.


The first goal is to cut in half the number of people living on less than $1 a day by 2015. In 2007, the Global Poverty Act was introduced in Congress to focus U.S. efforts to meet this goal. If signed into law, the legislation would for the first time make it official U.S. policy to achieve this first Millennium Development Goal. Additionally, the Act requires the president to develop and implement a coordinated strategy of U.S. aid, debt relief, and trade policies to achieve this goal.

This strategy would emphasize cooperation with other countries, international institutions, civil society groups and the private sector and is required to include specific, measurable goals, benchmarks and timetables. The president will report back to Congress on the progress of the strategy.

The Global Poverty Act (H.R.1302) was introduced in the House of Representatives by Reps. Adam Smith (D-WA) and Spencer Bachus (R-AL) and collected 84 cosponsors before it was passed on September 25, 2007. A companion bill (S.2433) was introduced in the Senate by Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) on December 7, 2007. There are currently 16 cosponsors in the Senate, including Christopher Dodd [CT], Richard Durbin, Richard [IL], Russell Feingold [WI], Dianne Feinstein [CA], Tom Harkin [IA], Tim Johnson [SD], Richard Lugar [IN], Robert Menendez [NJ], Patty Murray [WA], Olympia Snowe [ME], Joe Biden, [DE], Gordon Smith [OR], John Kerry [MA]

The Global Poverty Act breaks new ground in three important ways:
  1. For the first time achieving one of the Millennium Development Goals will be included in U.S. law.
  2. Over 20 government agencies currently participate in development activities, sometimes at cross purposes. The Global Poverty Act would ensure the maximum benefit to those in greatest need by coordinating the efforts of each agency that administers aid.
  3. 13 of the world's major donors have reported on their progress towards meeting the Millennium Development Goals, while the U.S. has not. This legislation would require a regular report to Congress on U.S. progress towards meeting the first Millennium Development Goal.
http://www.bread.org/take-action/ol2...fact-sheet.pdf

http://www.bread.org/learn/global-hu...ent-Goals.html

Last edited by 99MustangGT; 05-09-2008 at 10:05 AM.
99MustangGT is offline  
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
The plan loses all semblance of credibility by including U.N. administration, and LOL at the U.N. "forcing" the U.S. to do anything. Not saying they couldn't make Obama their bitch though, and he's obviously willing to be one.

There is hardly a less effective and relevant organization than is the U.N. of today.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #21 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
The plan loses all semblance of credibility by including U.N. administration, and LOL at the U.N. "forcing" the U.S. to do anything. Not saying they couldn't make Obama their bitch though, and he's obviously willing to be one.

There is hardly a less effective and relevant organization than is the U.N. of today.
You're dead right on...X2

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #22 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 AM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
Why would the US agree to this in 2000?!! The US made a commitment to the UN to reduce poverty by 2015. Eight years later, they finally decide to push an act through Congress to make sure they keep the promise to the UN. WTF? This isn't a Democratic thing, this is a Congress thing- both parties are in on it.




In 2000, the United States joined all countries in the world in committing to the Millennium Development Goals to improve life for the world’s poorest people by 2015. We are now half-way to 2015, and we need to strengthen the United States' commitment to these goals.


The first goal is to cut in half the number of people living on less than $1 a day by 2015. In 2007, the Global Poverty Act was introduced in Congress to focus U.S. efforts to meet this goal. If signed into law, the legislation would for the first time make it official U.S. policy to achieve this first Millennium Development Goal. Additionally, the Act requires the president to develop and implement a coordinated strategy of U.S. aid, debt relief, and trade policies to achieve this goal.

This strategy would emphasize cooperation with other countries, international institutions, civil society groups and the private sector and is required to include specific, measurable goals, benchmarks and timetables. The president will report back to Congress on the progress of the strategy.

The Global Poverty Act (H.R.1302) was introduced in the House of Representatives by Reps. Adam Smith (D-WA) and Spencer Bachus (R-AL) and collected 84 cosponsors before it was passed on September 25, 2007. A companion bill (S.2433) was introduced in the Senate by Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) on December 7, 2007. There are currently 16 cosponsors in the Senate, including Christopher Dodd [CT], Richard Durbin, Richard [IL], Russell Feingold [WI], Dianne Feinstein [CA], Tom Harkin [IA], Tim Johnson [SD], Richard Lugar [IN], Robert Menendez [NJ], Patty Murray [WA], Olympia Snowe [ME], Joe Biden, [DE], Gordon Smith [OR], John Kerry [MA]

The Global Poverty Act breaks new ground in three important ways:
  1. For the first time achieving one of the Millennium Development Goals will be included in U.S. law.
  2. Over 20 government agencies currently participate in development activities, sometimes at cross purposes. The Global Poverty Act would ensure the maximum benefit to those in greatest need by coordinating the efforts of each agency that administers aid.
  3. 13 of the world's major donors have reported on their progress towards meeting the Millennium Development Goals, while the U.S. has not. This legislation would require a regular report to Congress on U.S. progress towards meeting the first Millennium Development Goal.
http://www.bread.org/take-action/ol2...fact-sheet.pdf

http://www.bread.org/learn/global-hu...ent-Goals.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354677,00.html

Quote:
The overwhelming bulk of the burden in feeding the world’s starving poor remains with the United States and a small group of other predominately Western nations, a situation that the WFP has done little so far to change, even as it has asked for another $775 million in donations to ease the crisis.

Donor listings on WFP’s website show that this year, as in every year since 1999, the U.S. is far and away the biggest aid provider to WFP. Since 2001, U.S. donations to the food agency have averaged more than $1.16 billion annually — or more than five times as much as the next biggest donor, the European Commission.
Quote:
WFP internal documents show that the major oil producing nations of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) gives almost nothing to the food organization, even as skyrocketing oil prices and swollen oil revenues contribute to the very crisis that the U.N. claims could soon add 100 million more people to the world’s starving masses.
Looks to me like we are already pulling our weight here.
mikeb is offline  
post #23 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:16 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354677,00.html





Looks to me like we are already pulling our weight here.
Oh no's, a Fox News link .. LOL jk..

I agree.

The US sends billions and billions of dollars overseas but where the hell was the money after Katrina?! The US wants to save the world all the time but won't focus on its own people when a crisis hits.
99MustangGT is offline  
post #24 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Looks to me like we are already pulling our weight here.
Exactly.

This is the same reason why I believe we should pull out of every country, whether it be militarily or humanitarian; the world would stop bitching about the US being evil when the world's welfare checks weren't coming anymore.

Slowhand is offline  
post #25 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Exactly.

This is the same reason why I believe we should pull out of every country, whether it be militarily or humanitarian; the world would stop bitching about the US being evil when the world's welfare checks weren't coming anymore.
Yep. X2 They might even stop laughing at U.S. too.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #26 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:22 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Exactly.

This is the same reason why I believe we should pull out of every country, whether it be militarily or humanitarian; the world would stop bitching about the US being evil when the world's welfare checks weren't coming anymore.

Then they'll bitch because the US left them. It's a lose- lose situation.

They have stayed too long in Iraq but hauled ass out of Afghanistan after but hauled ass out of the Soviet Union fell- now it’s full of terrorists.
99MustangGT is offline  
post #27 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MustangGT
Then they'll bitch because the US left them. It's a lose- lose situation.
Let em bitch. But cut em in half if they cross the ocean.

(who's Barney?)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #28 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
We already tried Isolationism. Didn't work out so well....
(Not that I don't agree with your sentiments)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Exactly.

This is the same reason why I believe we should pull out of every country, whether it be militarily or humanitarian; the world would stop bitching about the US being evil when the world's welfare checks weren't coming anymore.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #29 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Lifer
 
slow06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arlington
Posts: 2,075
I wonder if Zara will chime in...?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
slow06 is offline  
post #30 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Hey exclude LOL, where are ya?
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:48 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Hey exclude LOL, where are ya?
Uh, you miss me, fruitcake?
exlude is offline  
post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Nice to see you cum whimpering when called, Z's mouthpiece or asspiece or whatever the phuc you are with Z!

God bless you, asspiece!
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Fort Worth, TX, Tarrant
Posts: 2,826
Is my thinking correct. If we were to take this money, pay down our debts, it would strengthen the dollar and lower gas prices? I know its not that easy, but in a nutshell?
Big Thumper is offline  
post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:59 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE
 
Strychnine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Putting the sensual in nonconsensual since 1984
Posts: 12,482
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Nice to see you cum whimpering when called, Z's mouthpiece or asspiece or whatever the phuc you are with Z!

God bless you, asspiece!
It never ends with you fucking clowns, does it?


.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Strychnine is offline  
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:06 PM
IA2
 
mikeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 22,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper
Is my thinking correct. If we were to take this money, pay down our debts, it would strengthen the dollar and lower gas prices? I know its not that easy, but in a nutshell?
you mean, actually put our economic house in order? hell yes it would help. instead we piss it away on bullshit
mikeb is offline  
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine
It never ends with you fucking clowns, does it?
Now that you've added your input, apparently not.

Q: are you just an ordinary clown, or a special clown?
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Nice to see you cum whimpering when called, Z's mouthpiece or asspiece or whatever the phuc you are with Z!

God bless you, asspiece!
I'm just surprised that you can't get me off your mind. Lmao, musta really gotten to your stupid ass.

Anyway, you're going to be just as alone in here as you are in the Theology forum. Everyone knows that Zara and I share little to nothing in common, hell, I've called him out several times.

You only continue to prove your idiocy, ty Makes my fun easy!
exlude is offline  
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Isolationism is a great idea. Instead of fighting a small war every decade you fight a world war every two decades. A gigantic fucking war would be great for the economy though, that much is true.
AL P is offline  
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 05:02 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
There is already a global poverty tax. It's called the Federal Income Tax.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 05:09 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
I have a DVD that a dude gave me that says I don't have to pay taxes. I have found that it is voluntary, but some of the legal jargon makes me feel like I am supposed to pay taxes. I know that without taxes the economy could take a hit, but what is the downside to not paying taxes?
Ask Wesley Snipes about dat shit.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I'm just surprised that you can't get me off your mind. Lmao, musta really gotten to your stupid ass.

Anyway, you're going to be just as alone in here as you are in the Theology forum. Everyone knows that Zara and I share little to nothing in common, hell, I've called him out several times.

You only continue to prove your idiocy, ty Makes my fun easy!
"Everyone" LOL knows you right on again, Z's asspiece! You're doing every bit as great as he does himself at saying nothing!

God Bless you asspiece, and keep up the great work!
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 05:42 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
Yeah, but I think he is incorporated.
He's about to get a dick incorporated up his ass for a few years.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
I have a DVD that a dude gave me that says I don't have to pay taxes. I have found that it is voluntary, but some of the legal jargon makes me feel like I am supposed to pay taxes. I know that without taxes the economy could take a hit, but what is the downside to not paying taxes?
Club Fed?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
I have a DVD that a dude gave me that says I don't have to pay taxes. I have found that it is voluntary, but some of the legal jargon makes me feel like I am supposed to pay taxes. I know that without taxes the economy could take a hit, but what is the downside to not paying taxes?
The only guy that comes out ahead, is the one that sold you the DVD. It doesn't work out too well in reality.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 08:24 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
"Everyone" LOL knows you right on again, Z's asspiece! You're doing every bit as great as he does himself at saying nothing!

God Bless you asspiece, and keep up the great work!
Coming from the guy who enjoys the nightly train run on his ass, lmfao.
exlude is offline  
post #46 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
I have a DVD that a dude gave me that says I don't have to pay taxes. I have found that it is voluntary, but some of the legal jargon makes me feel like I am supposed to pay taxes. I know that without taxes the economy could take a hit, but what is the downside to not paying taxes?
I would pay the protection money and hope for the best. I think I would rather mess with the mafia than the IRS. It would be less painful in the long run.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #47 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Coming from the guy who enjoys the nightly train run on his ass, lmfao.
Come up with something original, asspiece.....something that hasn't already been posted about your BF Zurethra ad nauseum, or lately about yourself.

Bod Bless you, asspiece!


BTW feel free to comment on the thread topic, if you can do so that is. I know I called you in here, and like the whimpering stray you are you came with your wittle tail between your legs. It's OK if you say something stupid, no one will really mind I don't think. After all, until your BF cums back, somebody needs to be the whipping boy. Might as well be you, Z's asspiece.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #48 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Surely!

God Bless us all! (especially the U.N.)
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #49 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 01:21 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Come up with something original, asspiece.....something that hasn't already been posted about your BF Zurethra ad nauseum, or lately about yourself.

Bod Bless you, asspiece!


BTW feel free to comment on the thread topic, if you can do so that is. I know I called you in here, and like the whimpering stray you are you came with your wittle tail between your legs. It's OK if you say something stupid, no one will really mind I don't think. After all, until your BF cums back, somebody needs to be the whipping boy. Might as well be you, Z's asspiece.
Lmfao, I like the part where you pretend that you are part of a group against me when the reality is that you are repeatedly slapped around by numerous people on here. Quality delusion!

Also funny where you try to tell me I'm unoriginal then turn to your tired stray bit that you are repeatedly made fun of for.
exlude is offline  
post #50 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Slapped? By who? By the "everyone" you refered to earlier LOL? You're a good tOOl, a stupid one, but still a good one.

Still good to see you still know to come when called, Z's asspiece!
Mr Majestyk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome