Ruh Roh: Barack has ties to a terrorist group? WTH? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Ruh Roh: Barack has ties to a terrorist group? WTH?

Byron York
Barack and the bomber
By Byron York
Posted: 04/17/08 05:51 PM [ET]
If we’re judged by those with whom we associate, here’s a question:

Would you rather be associated with a ’60s radical who plotted to bomb the Pentagon and to this day believes, as he said a few years ago, “I don’t regret setting bombs; I feel we didn’t do enough,” or would you rather be associated with — slight pause, please — Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.)?

That was the rather bizarre scenario raised by Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) at Wednesday night’s Democratic presidential debate in Philadelphia.

ABC’s George Stephanopoulos asked Obama about Obama’s relationship with William Ayers, the unrepentant former member of the Weather Underground.

“An early organizing meeting for your state Senate campaign was held at his house, and your campaign has said you are friendly,” Stephanopoulos said to Obama. “Can you explain that relationship for the voters, and explain to Democrats why it won’t be a problem?”

At first Obama downplayed his connection with Ayers. “This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who’s a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received an official endorsement from,” Obama said. “He’s not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis.”

Then Obama downplayed the question’s relevance. “The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values doesn’t make much sense.”

And then, the Coburn Card.

“The fact is that I’m also friendly with Tom Coburn, one of the most conservative Republicans in the United States Senate,” Obama said, “who during his campaign once said that it might be appropriate to apply the death penalty to those who carried out abortions.

“Do I need to apologize for Mr. Coburn’s statements? Because I certainly don’t agree with those, either.”

Where to start?

Well, Coburn is ardently anti-abortion. So much so that he once said, during his 2004 Senate campaign, “I favor the death penalty for abortionists and other people who take life.”

It’s a far-out position. But note a couple of things. Coburn also said in the campaign that he realizes abortion is not, you know, against the law. And he does not support the death penalty for people who haven’t broken the law and who haven’t received due process if they have.

“I understand what the law is,” Coburn said during the 2004 campaign. “My hope would be that we would get back to a time when we recognize the value of life, and I think we’re not.”

Now, that’s still an out-there position. Coburn’s dream is not going to happen.

But wouldn’t Coburn be more comparable to Ayers if he, Coburn, had bombed abortion clinics in the past — and then said that he not only did not regret bombing the clinics but wished that he had done more? And then, after bombing abortion clinics and refusing to express regret, he held a political event in his home for Barack Obama, which Obama attended?

And if all that had happened, would Obama say it wasn’t a problem because Coburn had bombed those clinics a long time ago, when Obama was just 8 years old?

Do you believe that would endear Obama to voters in the Democratic primaries?

As it was, Obama used his Senate colleague Coburn to suggest that the issue was not one of violence, and radicalism, and lawbreaking, but rather a simple disagreement: Sen. Coburn and I disagree on some things, and yet we’re still friendly. Bill Ayers and I disagree on some things, and yet we’re still friendly. So what’s the problem?

That’s not quite good enough.

Obama needs to tell us more about his relationship with Ayers. It’s important because voters might well wonder whether that relationship, coupled with Obama’s longtime relationship with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, is the beginning of a pattern, a pattern in which Obama seems quite comfortable with people who really, really, really don’t like the United States of America.

It’s a reasonable question, and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) was right to suggest that Republicans will raise it in the general election campaign if Obama is the Democratic candidate.

They will — and they should.

Why not clear it up now?

York is a White House correspondent for National Review. His column appears in The Hill each week. E-mail: [email protected] This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Worship me

Just another torpedo launched at Obama's campaign, which is dead in the water...
post #3 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Just another torpedo launched at Obama's campaign, which is dead in the water...
No shit. Hell, the Republicans aren't even in the game yet! If Obama gets past Hillary, which is becoming questionable, we may see another Reagan vs. Carter ass-whipping from 1980. I'm beginning to think Hillary has a better shot in the general election than Obama.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"

post #4 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Lifer

I hate obama as much as anyone else, and even I think this is reaching...

I don't see any thing in this article that is so damning.

Maybe you can point it out...

I've never thought he is even remotely presidential material. That is.... if there was ever any material to him anyway ...

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #5 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I find it troubling that Obama and his wife have a relationship with a BOMBER who committed terroristic acts against the US, and is PROUD of his actions.

To wit, "“I don’t regret setting bombs; I feel we didn’t do enough.”

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #6 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant
I hate obama as much as anyone else, and even I think this is reaching...

I don't see any thing in this article that is so damning.

Maybe you can point it out...

I've never thought he is even remotely presidential material. That is.... if there was ever any material to him anyway ...
It in itself, may not be so damning. It's just another building block with all the other crap that's come out. It's starting to shape a character that no one seems to know much about. Instead of the "Brother-man Traveling Rock & Roll Show",
the country is seeing another, real side of him.

post #7 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Lifer

HookEm, this is a little weak.

While I do see your point, It's just... well a little alarmist. I don't know much about the 60's pentagon attack (or planned attack). Maybe the dude was strung out on drugs, maybe he is a changed man..it has been 40 years for heaven's sake. I don't know...

Does he to this day say he did not do enough to bomb the Pentagon, or is that 30 years old? Why was he trying to bomb it in the first place?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #8 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Instead of the "Brother-man Traveling Rock & Roll Show",
LMAO
so true too.

What I don't see in the article though is any proof that he has any relationship to the BOMBER at all. If what he says is true , that he was 8 when these acts were commited, then WTF does that matter?

Was this relationship occuring much longer after the bombings?

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #9 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:09 AM
not exclude

Good grief. Obamas got a lot of things wrong with him. This is not one of those things.
post #10 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant
LMAO
so true too.

What I don't see in the article though is any proof that he has any relationship to the BOMBER at all. If what he says is true , that he was 8 when these acts were commited, then WTF does that matter?

Was this relationship occuring much longer after the bombings?
The relationship has been fairly recent, but Obama was well aware of Ayers' history, and still befriended him. I think that's where the controversay is.

Last edited by Vertnut; 05-02-2008 at 10:22 AM.
post #11 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

"I don’t regret setting bombs; I feel we didn’t do enough,” was a quote from 2001.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06
HookEm, this is a little weak.

Does he to this day say he did not do enough to bomb the Pentagon, or is that 30 years old? Why was he trying to bomb it in the first place?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #12 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:24 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Bill Clinton + Susan Rosenberg = a more newsworthy story. She helped bomb the US capitol yet Hillary's husband commuted her prison sentence. She was/is a member of Weather Underground. He also commuted Linda Evans sentence, another member of the same group.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #13 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Lifer

Oh I get it now. The article is a bit confusing...with all the additional irrelevant information in there.

I still hope Obama beats out the Hilldog, that way he can be more easily run over by McCain...

This is damning. It will come up and it better not look like there is a relation ship there!
But it sounds like this is already known.

RUH ROH

post #14 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:27 AM
not exclude

Quote:
The relationship has been fairly recent, but Obama was well aware of Ayers' history, and still befriended him. I think that's where the controversay is.
I think you're buying into the twist that the author/Hook'Em want you to. It's not like these two are buddy-buddy and go out drinking every weekend. They are amiable toward each other.
post #15 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I think you're buying into the twist that the author/Hook'Em want you to. It's not like these two are buddy-buddy and go out drinking every weekend. They are amiable toward each other.
Why would a US Senator be friendly with someone who attempted to bomb the Pentagon? It's all trivial but would I want this senator to be president? Absolutely not, he should punch this fucking guy in the nose not exchange pleasantries.
post #16 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:37 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Quote:
An early organizing meeting for your state Senate campaign was held at his house, and your campaign has said you are friendly,”
Sounds buddy-buddy to me.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #17 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I was born on a Thursday, but not last Thursday...I've been around a while.
We are judged by the company we keep, whether it's you, me, or Obama. The list of shady characters he's spent time with (some being VERY signficant), continues to grow. Again, in itself, the Ayres relationship is not a condemnation, but it's just one more "gig" he doesn't need.

post #18 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Lifer

Someone help me out. When did Obama first run for Senate??? First got into big time politics??? Before or after 2001??
post #19 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims93lx
Someone help me out. When did Obama first run for Senate??? First got into big time politics??? Before or after 2001??
He was in the illinois senate from '97-'04. U.S. senate since then.

post #20 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Time Served

What's the difference between Obama's relationship with Wright and McCain's endorsement and affiliation with Hagee?

What's the difference between Obama's association with a guy thats whacko, and McCain dumping his crippled ex-wife and crapping all over his children or his crappy military record?

I won't even get into Hilary and all of the Clintons shady actions and involvements.

Corruption, and politicians go hand n hand, no matter what side they are on.

2009 Night train
post #21 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

what does a poor relationship move have to do with being buddioes with a Tim McVeigh starter kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripenfelter
What's the difference between Obama's relationship with Wright and McCain's endorsement and affiliation with Hagee?

What's the difference between Obama's association with a guy thats whacko, and McCain dumping his crippled ex-wife and crapping all over his children or his crappy military record?

I won't even get into Hilary and all of the Clintons shady actions and involvements.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #22 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:

It's not so much what they do, it's just Obama hit the road running, with no one knowing anything about him or his affilliations or policies. They're just coming out, that's all...

post #23 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 AM
IA2

Quote:
It in itself, may not be so damning. It's just another building block with all the other crap that's come out. It's starting to shape a character that no one seems to know much about. Instead of the "Brother-man Traveling Rock & Roll Show",
That's the way I see it also. There sure is a lot of smoke, maybe there is a fire. The fact that the man refuses to wear a American flag lapel pin says everything about him to me.
post #24 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
what does a poor relationship move have to do with being buddioes with a Tim McVeigh starter kit?
It all states what kind of people they are, and all three are pretty questionable at best.

2009 Night train
post #25 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Just so we're clear: Bombing American government buildings=unsavory marital choices?????

Quote:
It all states what kind of people they are, and all three are pretty questionable at best.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #26 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
It's not so much what they do, it's just Obama hit the road running, with no one knowing anything about him or his affilliations or policies. They're just coming out, that's all...
The Clinton war machine started up a couple of weeks ago.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #27 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Just so we're clear: Bombing American government buildings=unsavory marital choices?????
I would say no if we were comparing McCain to Ayers (whacko bomber), but I would say yes when comparing Obama's association to Ayers and McCains crapping all over his ex-wife and children.

Obama didn't bomb government buildings. So its pretty equal to me when comparing life choices they have both made, which is poor in both aspects.

2009 Night train
post #28 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP

It's looking like the vets and the n00bs are being seperated.....that's a well oiled machine.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #29 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

They aren't even in the same ball park. That's just silly.

Quote:
I would say no if we were comparing McCain to Ayers (whacko bomber), but I would say yes when comparing Obama's association to Ayers and McCains crapping all over his ex-wife and children.

Obama didn't bomb government buildings. So its pretty equal to me when comparing life choices they have both made, which is poor in both aspects.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #30 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
And make no mistake, they are the BEST at doing this kind of thing. The best part of it all, is no one can claim "Replican mud-slinging", though I'm sure there will be plenty of time for that later.

post #31 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
No shit. Hell, the Republicans aren't even in the game yet! If Obama gets past Hillary, which is becoming questionable, we may see another Reagan vs. Carter ass-whipping from 1980. I'm beginning to think Hillary has a better shot in the general election than Obama.
Aside from the fact that McCain is more like Carter than Reagan, you're right.

post #32 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
They aren't even in the same ball park. That's just silly.
One affects the welfare of our country, the other doesn't.

post #33 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Sounds buddy-buddy to me.

Stevo
I'm friendly to most anyone I pass on the street, they sure as fuck aren't my buds.
post #34 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Chicago Police photos of William Ayers in 1968
"William Ayers, in the age of terrorism, will be Barack Obama's Willie Horton."
--Former counterterrorism official Larry C. Johnson, The Huffington Post, Feb. 16, 2008.
There has been a sudden spate of blog items and newspaper articles, mainly in the British press, linking Barack Obama to a former member of the radical Weather Underground Organization that claimed responsibility for a dozen bombings between 1970 and 1974. The former Weatherman, William Ayers, now holds the position of distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Although never convicted of any crime, he told the New York Times in September 2001, "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."

Both Obama and Ayers were members of the board of an anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 1999 and 2002. In addition, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate in April 2001, as reported here. They lived within a few blocks of each other in the trendy Hyde Park section of Chicago, and moved in the same liberal-progressive circles.

Obama once visited '60s radicals
By BEN SMITH | 2/22/08 1:09 AM EST
Text Size:

Former radical activist Bernardine Dohrn and her companion William Ayers leave court in Chicago on Jan. 14, 1981. Dohrn received a $1,500 fine and three years probation for her role in the 'Days of Rage' disturbance in Chicago in 1969.
Photo: AP
In 1995, State Senator Alice Palmer introduced her chosen successor, Barack Obama, to a few of the district’s influential liberals at the home of two well known figures on the local left: William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

While Ayers and Dohrn may be thought of in Hyde Park as local activists, they’re better known nationally as two of the most notorious — and unrepentant — figures from the violent fringe of the 1960s anti-war movement.

Now, as Obama runs for president, what two guests recall as an unremarkable gathering on the road to a minor elected office stands as a symbol of how swiftly he has risen from a man in the Hyde Park left to one closing in fast on the Democratic nomination for president.

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” said Dr. Quentin Young, a prominent Chicago physician and advocate for single-payer health care, of the informal gathering at the home of Ayers and his wife, Dohrn. “[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”

Obama and Palmer “were both there,” he said.

Obama’s connections to Ayers and Dorhn have been noted in some fleeting news coverage in the past. But the visit by Obama to their home — part of a campaign courtship — reflects more extensive interaction than has been previously reported.

Neither Ayers nor the Obama campaign would describe the relationship between the two men. Dr. Young described Obama and Ayers as “friends,” but there’s no evidence their relationship is more than the casual friendship of two men who occupy overlapping Chicago political circles and who served together on the board of a Chicago foundation.

[font=Georgia,'Times New Roman',Times,serif]
[/font]

But Obama’s relationship with Ayers is an especially vivid milepost on his rise, in record time, from a local official who unabashedly reflected a very liberal district to the leader of national movement based largely on the claim that he can transcend ideological divides.

In one sense, Obama’s journey toward the cultural and political center is not unusual among national politicians. But its velocity is.

Politicians of an earlier generation had their own relationships with figures now far to their left. Hillary Rodham Clinton, for instance, interned at a radical San Francisco law firm while in law school.

On the other side of the political spectrum, many in the generation before hers shifted dramatically on civil rights. John McCain voted against creating a holiday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. and later called that a mistake.

The relationship with Ayers gives context to his recent past in Hyde Park politics. It’s milieu in which a former violent radical was a stalwart of the local scene, not especially controversial.

It’s also a scene whose liberal ideological features — while taken for granted by the Chicago press corps that knows Obama best — provides a jarring contrast with Obama’s current, anti-ideological stance. This contrast between past and present — not least the Ayers connection — is virtually certain to be a subject Republican operatives will warm to if Obama is the Democratic nominee.

The tension between the present and recent Chicago past is also evident in some of his positions on major national issues. Many national politicians, including Clinton, have moved toward the center over time. But Obama’s transitions are still quite fresh.

A questionnaire from his 1996 campaign indicated more blanket opposition to the death penalty, and support of abortion rights, than he currently espouses. He spoke in support of single-payer health care as recently as 2003.

Like many of the most extreme figures from the 1960s Ayers and Dohrn are ambiguous figures in American life.

They disappeared in 1970, after a bomb — designed to kill army officers in New Jersey — accidentally destroyed a Greenwich Village townhouse, and turned themselves into authorities in 1980. They were never prosecuted for their involvement with the 25 bombings the Weather Underground claimed; charges were dropped because of improper FBI surveillance.

Both have written and spoken at length about their pasts, and today he is an advocate for progressive education and a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago; she’s an associate professor of law at Northwestern University.

But — unlike some other fringe figures of the era — they’re also flatly unrepentant about the bombings they committed in the name of ending the war, defending them on the grounds that they killed no one, except, accidentally, their own members.

Dohrn, however, was jailed for less than a year for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating other Weather Underground members’ robbery of a Brinks truck, in which a guard and two New York State Troopers were killed.

“I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough,” Ayers told the New York Times in 2001.

And their rehabilitation in establishment circles, even in Hyde Park, has its limits.

Though he is a respected figure in liberal educational circles, Ayers wrote recently about how in 2006 he was informed he was persona non grata at a progressive educators’ conference in the summer of 2006.
“We cannot risk a simplistic and dubious association between progressive education and the violent aspects of your past,” he quoted the conference organizers, whom he described as friends, as writing to him.

But the couple has been embraced, by and large, in the liberal circles dominating Hyde Park politics.

“Bill Ayers is one of my heroes in life,” said Sam Ackerman, a longtime local activist. “I knew Tony Rezko, and he ain’t no Rezko.”

But others in Hyde Park, whose intellectual and political life revolves around the University of Chicago, view the couple with ambivalence.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
Aside from the fact that McCain is more like Carter than Reagan, you're right.
Explain that...

post #36 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Time Served

All three will affect the welfare of our country, all three are pretty much nose deep in slime, and all three are typical politicians.

I don't support either one, it's just another pick of the lesser of two/three evils. All you can do is pick the one that will at least use some vasoline when they bend you over.

2009 Night train
post #37 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

You're seriously comparing the bombing of US Government buildings, to an ill timed divorce?
Wow. Just, wow.

Quote:
All three will affect the welfare of our country, all three are pretty much nose deep in slime, and all three are typical politicians.

I don't support either one, it's just another pick of the lesser of two/three evils. All you can do is pick the one that will at least use some vasoline when they bend you over.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #38 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:

That's been the case since this country was founded. What else is new. I'm not that hip on McCain, he's just not as "bad" as the other two, in my eyes.

post #39 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You're seriously comparing the bombing of US Government buildings, to an ill timed divorce?
Wow. Just, wow.
Folks will see what they want to see...

post #40 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Wow. Just, wow.
You can spin it how you want to spin it. I'm not comparing the two, what I am comparing is the choices they have made in their lives.

Let's be honest here, everyone has associated with some people that have done some stupid crap, directly or indirectly. We have even been friendly to these people, but does that change who we are or what you believe as an individual?

All I'm saying here is people need to look at this with some perspective. Bad life choices, I've made them, you've probably made them, it happens. When comparing them, at least look at it equally....a guy that was friendly to a whacko and a guy that crapped all over his crippled wife and children.

When I was younger I was friendly with some guys that killed another guy I was friendly with. Does that make me a bad person? No it doesn't.

If I had cheated on my crippled wife and crapped on my children for a hot new young thing, would it make me a bad person? Will thats for you to decide.

2009 Night train
post #41 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You can spin it how you want to spin it. I'm not comparing the two, what I am comparing is the choices they have made in their lives.

Let's be honest here, everyone has associated with some people that have done some stupid crap, directly or indirectly. We have even been friendly to these people, but does that change who we are or what you believe as an individual?

All I'm saying here is people need to look at this with some perspective. Bad life choices, I've made them, you've probably made them, it happens. When comparing them, at least look at it equally....a guy that was friendly to a whacko and a guy that crapped all over his crippled wife and children.

When I was younger I was friendly with some guys that killed another guy I was friendly with. Does that make me a bad person? No it doesn't.

If I had cheated on my crippled wife and crapped on my children for a hot new young thing, would it make me a bad person? Will thats for you to decide.
Funny...did you think that Clinton was a bad guy after all his running around, including in the Whitehouse?
If McCain had attended a church with a rascist theme and pastor for 20 years, you think it would be an issue? More than 50% of all marriages wind up in divorce. I can hardly equate the two examples.

post #42 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Can't say I've ever been friends with someone who bombed US government buildings.......
And you can't use the "young and dumb" card, as this guy has made comments as recently as 2001 that still champion his terroristic efforts. And Barack and he are still friendly?

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #43 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 12:49 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
I'm friendly to most anyone I pass on the street, they sure as fuck aren't my buds.
Being in someone's house in a meeting where you plan your future political career is not even close to meeting someone on the street.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #44 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Being in someone's house in a meeting where you plan your future political career is not even close to meeting someone on the street.

Stevo
Nor is it being buddy-buddy, buddy.
post #45 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
I was born on a Thursday, but not last Thursday...I've been around a while.
We are judged by the company we keep, whether it's you, me, or Obama. The list of shady characters he's spent time with (some being VERY signficant), continues to grow. Again, in itself, the Ayres relationship is not a condemnation, but it's just one more "gig" he doesn't need.

Yep. Perception is reality. Relevant? Maybe, maybe not. But the very fact that this article came up for discussion at ALL, on a Mustang board no less; just further verifies my first sentence.

Truth or not, perception is reality. And that's just the way it is.

I agree that this is a little 'alarmist', and that Hook Em is blowing things out of proportion. But at the same time, I agree with Al.
post #46 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Funny...did you think that Clinton was a bad guy after all his running around, including in the Whitehouse?
If McCain had attended a church with a rascist theme and pastor for 20 years, you think it would be an issue? More than 50% of all marriages wind up in divorce. I can hardly equate the two examples.
Matter of fact, I thought he was slime as well.

I'm not championing one or the other here, I personally don't like either of them. Nor am I a fan of any politician, because these guys aren't in it for me or anyone else but themselves.

2009 Night train
post #47 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Worship me

Quote:
This thread is us deciding that Obama is a douchebag. I'm not suprised that you don't agree since you are all about damage control on the Battleship Obama. Go ahead and go down with the ship.
post #48 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
This thread is us deciding that Obama is a douchebag. I'm not suprised that you don't agree since you are all about damage control on the Battleship Obama. Go ahead and go down with the ship.
I could careless about Obama. I'm just pointing out McCain/Obama/Clinton are all three garbage. You can separate the garbage in to little piles and determine which pile of garbage you like better, me I tend to see them as what they all are, one big heaping pile of garbage.

You see it as me defending him, I see it as me saying McCain is no better.

2009 Night train
post #49 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

You are comparing acts of terrorism to divorce. This is akin to comparing jaywalking with mass murder because they are both criminal offenses.

Quote:
I could careless about Obama. I'm just pointing out McCain/Obama/Clinton are all three garbage. You can separate the garbage in to little piles and determine which pile of garbage you like better, me I tend to see them as what they all are, one big heaping pile of garbage.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #50 of 166 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:

If you don't like anybody, and never have apparently, why are you on here? What's your point?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement