new legislation for marijuana reform - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

new legislation for marijuana reform

just thought some people might like this info... lets hope they at least give it a chance.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7581

FREE THE WEED!

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

Excerpt from the Declaration of Independence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

just got an e-mail from my brother about that.

Unfortunately, this congress is more worried about complaining about the money we're spending in Iraq than they actually are about cutting out useless, expensive anti-marijuana legislation and adopting more progressive doctrines.

post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

^ true story, but atleast its a step in the right direction...

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW

If I were a beting man, I would bet that most of the posters on this thread have toked a few before.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangVilla
If I were a beting man, I would bet that most of the posters on this thread have toked a few before.
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that you're right.

But that has little to do with it; the 'war' on drugs is a horrendously ludicrous expenditure of money that does little to fight the issue. Nearly 60% of those incarcerated in US prisons today are in for drug related reasons, and of those 60%, upwards of 80% are in for marijuana related charges. At a cost of $30,000/year to keep these felons in prison, you can see where the issue is.

I would also reckon that the percentages for those in jail are even higher; last I had heard, it cost a couple thousand dollars to process and jail someone for a marijuana related violation.

Cut out the prison time and you solve two problems at once: less crowded prisons, less money out of your pockets as a taxpayer.

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 01:13 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW
it will never make it through. I doubt this will make it through any of the speical committees.

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:36 AM
Secular Dogooderist

Now that's what I like to hear.

Photobucket

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that you're right.

But that has little to do with it; the 'war' on drugs is a horrendously ludicrous expenditure of money that does little to fight the issue. Nearly 60% of those incarcerated in US prisons today are in for drug related reasons, and of those 60%, upwards of 80% are in for marijuana related charges. At a cost of $30,000/year to keep these felons in prison, you can see where the issue is.

I would also reckon that the percentages for those in jail are even higher; last I had heard, it cost a couple thousand dollars to process and jail someone for a marijuana related violation.

Cut out the prison time and you solve two problems at once: less crowded prisons, less money out of your pockets as a taxpayer.
the numbers that i've heard were more like 85% of those in prison are non-violent drug offenders... thats just ridiculous. i heard somewhere that there are like 2.3 million people in some form of the prison system in this country. if thats right that would mean there's almost as many people in jail as there is walking free. STUPID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangVilla
the last statistics i saw said that something like 85% of the adult american population have used some form of illegal drugs in there lifetime. so i'm going to say, your right.

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW
i heard somewhere that there are like 2.3 million people in some form of the prison system in this country. if thats right that would mean there's almost as many people in jail as there is walking free.
Are you sure you have the right figures? This country's population is way more than 4.6 million people.

Give me a dollar.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 02:59 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Barney Frank is usually a nut. But hey, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Decriminalization of pot is long over due.

I've never touched pot and I never will (unless I was really sick and pot would help) but it is easy for anyone to see that the war on drugs is a failure. It is insanity to keep doing the same thing. Its time to try something new. Legalize it and tax the shit out of it. Take the tax money and fund drug treatment programs.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Lifer

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
Are you sure you have the right figures? This country's population is way more than 4.6 million people.
lmao! he's got the prison system numbers about right, but his assertion of "half the population" is fucking hilarious.

awesome dude. when you're trying to make a case for something so contreversial, fuckups like that make it worse for the rest of us trying to get a point across.

post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Factory Issue

I don't like approaching decisions that affect me, such as new Federal Legislation, with an air of salaciousness and high drama. Let's try and work this out from a more pragmatic approach.

Give me a dollar.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
I don't like approaching decisions that affect me, such as new Federal Legislation, with an air of salaciousness and high drama. Let's try and work this out from a more pragmatic approach.
Perhaps a piece of legislation that slowly lowers the criminal penalties of marijuana possession over the course of 10 years would be the best course of action; it could work out as well as our minimum wage increases.

post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Perhaps a piece of legislation that slowly lowers the criminal penalties of marijuana possession over the course of 10 years would be the best course of action; it could work out as well as our minimum wage increases.
I don't doubt it would work.

Give me a dollar.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Secular Dogooderist

This process of gradually lowering penalties has already begun.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Lifer

Pot's for lightweights, must be why Zurethra is in with the other sheeple
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Yeah, I knew you were a meth head.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Lifer

Guess again, little boy with all the sheeple LOL
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Time Served

I say it is a step in the right direction,stop by the Gas Pipe on 4/20 92.5 will be there in full force and they will be giving free stuff away!!Happy 420 all!

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Cheers to that!

"The notion that you lock people up for smoking marijuana is pretty silly."

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Lifer

Free up the jail space for real criminals, legalize the stuff, and tax it. Unless there's a guy stopped with 5 kilo's, it's not worth screwing with. Organized crime got its' real foothold in this country, during prohibition: supplying liquor to folks that wanted it. Simply approach pot the same way: take it out of the criminals hands, and legalize it.
Nope...I don't smoke.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Lifer

I think the billions of dollars we waste on locking people up for weed is rediculous. If people want to be idiots let them, they're going to do it anyway. Quit wasting my fucking tax dollars.

I'll show your president the same respect you showed mine.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

Quote:
lmao! he's got the prison system numbers about right, but his assertion of "half the population" is fucking hilarious.

awesome dude. when you're trying to make a case for something so contreversial, fuckups like that make it worse for the rest of us trying to get a point across.
fuck you and I'm sorry for not being as educated on the population numbers as you... i find more use full things to fill my brain with, like knowing how to correct someones mistake with respect. DICK!

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:58 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

here is evidence pot affects the brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW
i heard somewhere that there are like 2.3 million people in some form of the prison system in this country. if thats right that would mean there's almost as many people in jail as there is walking free. STUPID!
right here

The population of Dallas alone is 2.3 million
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTW
fuck you and I'm sorry for not being as educated on the population numbers as you... i find more use full things to fill my brain with, like knowing how to correct someones mistake with respect. DICK!
lmao. 4.6 million and 350 million are not even close to each other; it doesn't take an extensive knowledge of the population figures to know that.

post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
right here

The population of Dallas alone is 2.3 million
hahahaha your funny... i dont smoke dude

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

Quote:
lmao. 4.6 million and 350 million are not even close to each other; it doesn't take an extensive knowledge of the population figures to know that.
well forgive me... i read somewhere that there are almost as many people in jail as there are out. i also read the 2.3 mil thing somewhere, obviously i was mistaken.

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php?nam...article&sid=56

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 03:04 AM
Secular Dogooderist

beautiful.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 08:50 AM

What where we talking about ...............oh yea weed. Toke toke pass!

Just kidding I am for this not for the stoners but for the money we can make
off of taxing the stoners. Look at Amsterdam they have been doing it for years
and the sky did not fall nor did there mainstream work force fall apart.

The war on drugs in this country is a waste IMO look at the $ spent 50% of the
population in prison is drug offenders, why they should be in rehabs or medical
centers set up to deal with there issues. Wow that was one sentence.
My point is your sending them to prison where they will either get shanked
or come out much worse people.

The legal system has come to feed off this it's a circle of people keeping there
jobs, cops, guards, contrators that build. I hold this to be the real reason
the law will never pass.

I DO NOT hold Meth, or Coke or Herion in this same context. They are another
story I'm just talking about pot just FYI.

Last edited by 98COBRA#770; 04-21-2008 at 09:00 AM.
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Bond Company Stooge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreedLove
If people want to be idiots let them, they're going to do it anyway.
You're right. They could legalize all drugs, wouldn't mean anything to me. I still won't do them. If heroin/crack/meth were legal, there would be alot more overdoses and dead junkies. It would weed out the idiots, no pun intended. A form of natural selection.
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Lifer

Haha this thread makes me laugh.

I guess I can support this. At least I won't have to hear people bitch about why its so stupid for it to be illegal anymore. That is incentive enough for me.

EDIT: I support this as long as we don't have to pay reparations for all the years we wouldn't let people smoke pot...

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Resident Epicurean

There is a documentary running on Showtime right now, called American Drug War: The Last White Hope. If you find this topic trivial or interesting, I suggest you watch it.

http://www.americandrugwar.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1033467/

post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Lifer

"We don't screw around here. This isn't...Texas".

The Mexican cartels are about to be a force unable to be reckoned with. What's the "conservative" stance on that?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
"We don't screw around here. This isn't...Texas".

The Mexican cartels are about to be a force unable to be reckoned with.

About to be? I'd say they've been that since their existance, honestly.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 01:55 PM
T-MINUS

I'm surprised people still get in trouble for possession of Mary Jane period.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98COBRA#770
The legal system has come to feed off this it's a circle of people keeping there
jobs, cops, guards, contrators that build. I hold this to be the real reason
the law will never pass.

It's sad , but true. A lot of cops would possibly lose there jobs if they changed drugs laws. Their entire departments would have no purpose. There would be no more illusion of any reason for all the heavy handed tactics in place today. Drug dealers would be out of business.

I don't see why we couldn't just put them to work enforcing all the other laws they dont really give a shit about like white collar crime, theft , and a whole lot more.

But then what would all the jack booted government thugs do that kick down doors in the middle of the night proclaiming to have saved the drug users from their own demise ?

lol, this is one fucked up country we live in . A lot of it is due to what the 'war on some drugs' has done to it.
Think about it , they kick down anyone's door they can that is associated with drugs. The judges just hand out the warrants like candy and hope no one gets killed. It's 99% of the reason criminals now yell POLICE when they come rob your house. Other wise you might shoot at them or defend yourself.
It's not like you can't buy a SWAT shirt at any army /Navy store. How would anyone know the difference in a split second. You wouldnt , and you wouldn't know why they are there because everyone knows a family member who COULD be doing drugs. They've always got some reason, and you're a good guy who doesn't want to kill the cops.
But like usual ,youre guilty before they even present any proof. Look into what warrants are handed out for now. ANYTHING.

They'll risk you and your families life for nothing nearly now. They don't give a shit about you or whether you commited any crime. They get paid to do what the dirty detectives tell them to . To go catch the BAD GUYS.
Whoever they are.
I guess it's you today. After all they 'witnessed' you carrying a bag of pills outside talking with another person. Could have been your roommate , and they could be ibuprophen. They'd still issue a warrant for trafficing narcotics.

And you say you've got nothing to hide.
Well let me and 15 of my buddies trash your house for two days and we'll see about that!

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
There is a documentary running on Showtime right now, called American Drug War: The Last White Hope. If you find this topic trivial or interesting, I suggest you watch it.

http://www.americandrugwar.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1033467/
ORDERED DVD SET!

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
About to be? I'd say they've been that since their existance, honestly.
True, but they're gaining support of the Mexican Army and making boo coo dinero. They're getting bold!!! Best way to fuck em over...legalize pot.

There are still plenty of speedfreaks and crackheads to persue.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Last edited by black01gt; 05-06-2008 at 08:43 PM.
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
True, but they're gaining support of the Mexican Army and making boo coo dinero. They're getting bold!!! Best way to fuck em over...legalize pot.

There are still plenty of speedfreaks and crackheads to persue.

Agreed on both accounts.
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 10:44 AM

Can someone read this to me I'm too high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement