Cheney's been workin' overtime... - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Cheney's been workin' overtime...

I thought they had something up their sleeve...

Who else has noted all the ramping up of wartime rhetoric lately? Seems like they've linked every anti-American policy or anti-Israeli viewpoint or struggle in the middle east to Tehran, now all that needs to happen is some event that causes a loss of american lives. 63 monkeys could get together and bomb an airport or something, and they'd still blame it on Tehran.

I'll bet Cheney's just scratching for a catalyst, like he hasn't made enough money and gained enough power by the current clusterfuck.

Linkopolis

"It will be heavy sustained assault on the airwaves, designed to knock public sentiment into a position from which a war can be maintained. Evidently they don’t think they’ll ever get majority support for this—they want something like 35-40 percent support, which in their book is “plenty.”

Rubin subsequently confirmed with a second source that the propaganda coup had been launched and the individual, another top Neo-Con at a major think tank, had this to say about it: “I am a Republican. I am a conservative. But I’m not a raging lunatic. This is lunatic.”

On August 1st, 2005 the American Conservative reported that Cheney had tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan involved a massive air strike on Iran which included the use of nuclear weapons.

The publication reported that, "The response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States," meaning that any such attack will immediately be blamed on Iran and any evidence to the contrary will be buried.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
The U.S. government is openly funding and supporting the activities of Jundullah, a Sunni Al-Qaeda terrorist group formerly headed by the alleged mastermind of 9/11, to carry out bombings in Iran and destabilize Ahmadinejad's power base


Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Alex Jones is your source? What a joke.






BornAlexander Emerick Jones
February 11, 1974 (1974-02-11) (age 34)
Dallas, Texas, U.S.
OccupationRadio host, television host, film producer
SpouseViolet Nichols
Website
InfoWars.com
PrisonPlanet.com
InfoWars.net
PrisonPlanet.tv
The Jones Report
TruthNews.us

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
 
post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
That guy is a bad ass. He's got the nuts to fight back against the machine of global corporate fascism. He's got more willpower in his little finger that you have in your whole body.

Not to mention he'd crush your pansy ass in an argument in his sleep.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
He's as credible as The Onion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
That guy is a bad ass. He's got the nuts to fight back against the machine of global corporate fascism. He's got more willpower in his little finger that you have in your whole body.

Not to mention he'd crush your pansy ass in an argument in his sleep.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
That guy is a bad ass. He's got the nuts to fight back against the machine of global corporate fascism. He's got more willpower in his little finger that you have in your whole body.

Not to mention he'd crush your pansy ass in an argument in his sleep.
i'm giggling like a little school girl

Slowhand is offline  
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
He's as credible as The Onion.
Horseshit.

You and I both know that's not true.

Oh, and good job misquoting Einstien.

He would have laughed at people like you.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
i'm giggling like a little school girl
You are a little school girl...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
You are a little school girl...
this is true. i guess it fits.

Slowhand is offline  
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Pro-Israel; Pro-War
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
That guy is a bad ass. He's got the nuts to fight back against the machine of global corporate fascism. He's got more willpower in his little finger that you have in your whole body.

Not to mention he'd crush your pansy ass in an argument in his sleep.

So is EVERYTHING the government does self-serving and morally deplorable? Are ALL of our leaders (elected, I'll remind you) out to fuck us over? Is it all just an evil plot? Are the Arab nations really good, and we are the root of the worlds evil?

prisonplanet.com - are you seriously posting shit from the stinky asshole of the internet as a reference point?

You are the nuttiest fucking guy ever! I don't know you, but I would literally punch your face in if I saw you if only to save just one more person from your special brand of crazy. Crazy ass tin-foil warrior....amazing.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...w/1227842.html
red93coupe is offline  
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
That guy is a bad ass. He's got the nuts to fight back against the machine of global corporate fascism. He's got more willpower in his little finger that you have in your whole body.

Not to mention he'd crush your pansy ass in an argument in his sleep.
Seriously this is a guy who wants to rebuild the pervert church in Waco you the Davidians, he bashes Marines, yeah he is so bad ass that in 2000 when he was to run for election to the House of Representatives District 48 here in Texas he withdrew before the Spring Primaries. He is really not very bad ass.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Alex Jones makes "The Inquirer" look like the Wall Street Journal...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Whether it's his connection to the Christian Identity movement, his belief that Koresh was a peaceful guy, or his claims that we did 911, or his ridiculous Y2K crap...the guy is a first class tool


color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by red93coupe
So is EVERYTHING the government does self-serving and morally deplorable? Are ALL of our leaders (elected, I'll remind you) out to fuck us over? Is it all just an evil plot? Are the Arab nations really good, and we are the root of the worlds evil?

prisonplanet.com - are you seriously posting shit from the stinky asshole of the internet as a reference point?

You are the nuttiest fucking guy ever! I don't know you, but I would literally punch your face in if I saw you if only to save just one more person from your special brand of crazy. Crazy ass tin-foil warrior....amazing.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...w/1227842.html
Three and a half years later, not everyone is convinced we know the truth. Go to Google.com, type in the search phrase "World Trade Center conspiracy" and you'll get links to an estimated 628,000 Web sites. More than 3000 books on 9/11 have been published; many of them reject the official consensus that hijackers associated with Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda flew passenger planes into U.S. landmarks.

Huh. Wonder why?


This is all I had to read to throw out this Hearst publishing inspired heap of garbage.

Do you know what Hearst publishing Corp. is?

Are your eyes open right now?

Are you mentally retarded?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
The only reason AJ is so widely persecuted is because everyone knows in their gut that he's right. We're just too scared about the consequences that would come from such an unearthing of the truth. You show weakness and ignorance, among other things in your reluctance to hear what the guy has to say.

Why not just go on about your lives and ignore the guy, and dismiss him as a lunatic? Too damn easy, you guys just take the easy way out...

Not me.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Can someone acknowledge the arguments instead of attacking me and my sources?

I know its possible.

If the guy's such a lunatic, refute HIS arguments.

If the shit he says is so ludicrous, don't dismiss it, come up with reasons why it's ludicrous.

I challenge you, all.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene....No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."

George Sylvester Viereck, "What Life Means to Einstein", The Saturday Evening Post, 26 October 1929.

Einstein was also Jewish. You would have wanted him in Auschwitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Horseshit.

You and I both know that's not true.

Oh, and good job misquoting Einstien.

He would have laughed at people like you.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene....No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."

George Sylvester Viereck, "What Life Means to Einstein", The Saturday Evening Post, 26 October 1929.

Einstein was also Jewish. You would have wanted him in Auschwitz.
Damn good find...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
"As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene....No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."

George Sylvester Viereck, "What Life Means to Einstein", The Saturday Evening Post, 26 October 1929.

Einstein was also Jewish. You would have wanted him in Auschwitz.

You're so right, GeneralizeEm, I don't know how you do it.

I know the truth about Einstein, you've apparently been fed a line of bullshit by your preacher or some such other waste of space. Continue thinking that Einstein embraced christ as his savior and believed in your god and I'll keep knowing you're wrong.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
You're so right, GeneralizeEm

I know the truth about Einstein, you've apparently been fed a line of bullshit by your preacher or some such other waste of space. Continue thinking that Einstein embraced christ as his savior and I'll keep knowing you're wrong.
I'm beginning to think you don't know shit. At least admit when you've been busted. The man busted your ass...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I'm beginning to think you don't know shit. At least admit when you've been busted. The man busted your ass...
What??!?

hahahahahaa

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
HookEm thinks he saw GOD!!! He thinks Jesus will one of these days drop out of the clouds and lift him underneath the arms and ascend with him to heaven.

This is not what Einstein meant.

This should explain

At this point the host tried to silence him by invoking the fact that even Einstein harbored religious beliefs. "It isn't possible!" the skeptical guest said, turning to Einstein to ask if he was, in fact, religious. "Yes, you can call it that," Einstein replied calmly. "Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible laws and connections, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in fact, religious."

Strikingly NOT the contemporary conception and interpretation of God.

Very different, in fact.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source . . . They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres. (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, 2000 p. 214)


In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognise, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support for such views. (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, p. 214)

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
This is the full quote that GeneralizeEm posted. Missing the first sentence.

You accept the historical existence of Jesus? "Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life."

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Do you believe in God? "I'm not an atheist. I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws."

Is this a Jewish concept of God? "I am a determinist. I do not believe in free will. Jews believe in free will. They believe that man shapes his own life. I reject that doctrine. In that respect I am not a Jew."

Again, strikingly different from your delusion.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Pro-Israel; Pro-War
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Three and a half years later, not everyone is convinced we know the truth. Go to Google.com, type in the search phrase "World Trade Center conspiracy" and you'll get links to an estimated 628,000 Web sites. More than 3000 books on 9/11 have been published; many of them reject the official consensus that hijackers associated with Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda flew passenger planes into U.S. landmarks.

Huh. Wonder why?


This is all I had to read to throw out this Hearst publishing inspired heap of garbage.

Do you know what Hearst publishing Corp. is?

Are your eyes open right now?

Are you mentally retarded?
you didn't answer my question.
red93coupe is offline  
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Einstein tried to express these feelings clearly, both for himself and all of those who wanted a simple answer from him about his faith. So in the summer of 1930, amid his sailing and ruminations in Caputh, he composed a credo, "What I Believe," that he recorded for a human-rights group and later published. It concluded with an explanation of what he meant when he called himself religious: "The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead, a snuffed-out candle. To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is something that our minds cannot grasp, whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly: this is religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I am a devoutly religious man."

This most certainly does not say he believes in your God.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. ~Albert Einstein


"Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God.
It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or the darkness that comes when there is no light."
Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind.

Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot

The bigotry of the nonbeliever is for me nearly as funny as the bigotry of the believer.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
This is me winning this argument, you ready for this?

Directly from Einstein's mouth:

When asked if he believed in God in a telegram this is what he replied:

"I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals himself in the lawful harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Some religious Jews reacted by pointing out that Spinoza had been excommunicated from Amsterdam's Jewish community for holding these beliefs, and that he had also been condemned by the Catholic Church. "Cardinal O'Connell would have done well had he not attacked the Einstein theory," said one Bronx rabbi. "Einstein would have done better had he not proclaimed his nonbelief in a God who is concerned with fates and actions of individuals. Both have handed down dicta outside their jurisdiction."

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #31 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
But there was one religious concept, Einstein went on to say, that science could not accept: a deity who could meddle at whim in the events of his creation.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #32 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
"The main source of the present-day conflicts between the spheres of religion and of science lies in this concept of a personal God," he argued.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #33 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
His belief in causal determinism was incompatible with the concept of human free will. Jewish as well as Christian theologians have generally believed that people are responsible for their actions. They are even free to choose, as happens in the Bible, to disobey God's commandments, despite the fact that this seems to conflict with a belief that God is all knowing and all powerful.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #34 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognise, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support for such views

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #35 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
And for the icing on the cake and a huge-handed slap to one whole side of your head,

For some people, miracles serve as evidence of God's existence. For Einstein it was the absence of miracles that reflected divine providence. The fact that the world was comprehensible, that it followed laws, was worthy of awe.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #36 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
I see you changed your sig.
Pwn3d.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
His belief in causal determinism was incompatible with the concept of human free will. Jewish as well as Christian theologians have generally believed that people are responsible for their actions. They are even free to choose, as happens in the Bible, to disobey God's commandments, despite the fact that this seems to conflict with a belief that God is all knowing and all powerful.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #37 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
This is me winning this argument, you ready for this?

Directly from Einstein's mouth:

When asked if he believed in God in a telegram this is what he replied:

"I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals himself in the lawful harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #38 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
You.

Are.

Wrong.

Deal with it.

Einstein was a Deist, not a theist like yourself.

Translation: you lose.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #39 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Reading is fundamental. You've been slapped around so many times, it appears you enjoy it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
And for the icing on the cake and a huge-handed slap to one whole side of your head,

For some people, miracles serve as evidence of God's existence. For Einstein it was the absence of miracles that reflected divine providence. The fact that the world was comprehensible, that it followed laws, was worthy of awe.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #40 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Go stuff a taco, fuzzy.
You're doing precisely what he said makes him angry.
And, why did you change your sig?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
You.

Are.

Wrong.

Deal with it.

Einstein was a Deist, not a theist like yourself.

Translation: you lose.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #41 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaaahahahahahahahahahaha

Again, after losing yet ANOTHER argument, you resort to talking about my restaurant

I changed my sig way before this argument happened. A looong time before you tried to lump his thoughts in with yours.

I have since proven you wrong, and now you won't be able to quote him as an agreeable in your quest for affirming your faith. You are truly a sad, sad man.

On a side note, you know where I can get some good cocaine?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #42 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
I go this far and no farther.

Quote:
Cheney Orders Media To Sell Attack On Iran
You think Cheney can order the media around.
TexasDevilDog is offline  
post #43 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
On a side note, you know where I can get some good cocaine?
1982.

Slowhand is offline  
post #44 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Damn, I'm on a roll the last couple days...

I'll never forget this thread.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #45 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
I go this far and no farther.



You think Cheney can order the media around.
They're all his friends. Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News AND The Wall Street Journal.

Of course, he's fuckin Dick Cheney, he's got all the money in the world to do with whatever he chooses.

I know you're not THAT naive...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #46 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
You think Alex Jones is a good source.

You OBVIOUSLY can't read Engrish.

You've been beaten up worse than a Ranger pitching staff after a trip to NY, but you still want more.

It's sad, really. Taco slingers are usually 15-19 years old, or illegal.




Oh...and it isn't YOUR taco stand. It's your PARENTS taco stand. Just because you clean the floors doesnt mean you own it.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #47 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
You think Alex Jones is a good source.

You OBVIOUSLY can't read Engrish.

You've been beaten up worse than a Ranger pitching staff after a trip to NY, but you still want more.

It's sad, really. Taco slingers are usually 15-19 years old, or illegal.
Or they own it, and make 3 times your annual income in one quarter.

You think Einstein was a christian. You obviously can't read the bible.

It's sadder really, Cocaine users are usually 19-24 years old, or black.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #48 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Wez Canz ALL GeneralizEmz!!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #49 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
But, I thought YOU owned it?
Caught in your own lie, kid.
Quote:
Again, after losing yet ANOTHER argument, you resort to talking about my restaurant
Now, as to your RACIAL PROFILING comment, it's usually affluent, lates 20s early thirties whities. You suck at racial profiling.

Freaking liar. Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Or they own it, and make 3 times your annual income in one quarter.

You think Einstein was a christian. You obviously can't read the bible.

It's sadder really, Cocaine users are usually 19-24 years old, or black.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #50 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
It's sadder really, Cocaine users are usually 19-24 years old, or black.
Crack Cocaine and Cocaine are very different things.

Rich, affluent white people in the limelight use cocaine. It's the 80's celeb thing to do.

Slowhand is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome