Jimmy Carter hugs hamas terrorist - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Jimmy Carter hugs hamas terrorist

I find this simply disgusting. The man is a pacifist with no balls and no honor whatsoever.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Quote:
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - Former President Jimmy Carter embraced a leading Hamas figure Tuesday, according to participants in a meeting that infuriated Israeli officials already upset by Carter's freelance Mideast peace mission.

Carter also laid a wreath at the grave of Yasser Arafat, whom the Bush administration and many Israelis blame for the breakdown of peace talks seven years ago and the violence that followed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Lifer

Peanut head is at it again
post #3 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

LOL! Jimmy Carter ftl.

post #4 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Jimmy has been a non-issue for some time now (was he ever an issue).

Like good ol' Jimmy is gonna come back to George and say, "Hey I worked out a deal. Let's get it done!"

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #5 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Jimmy has been a non-issue for some time now (was he ever an issue).

Like good ol' Jimmy is gonna come back to George and say, "Hey I worked out a deal. Let's get it done!"
Knowing that stupid fuck, he is probably over there telling them he can get the Jews to move to Iceland or some shit.
post #6 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 03:58 PM
T-MINUS

Hopefully some savage with a rag on the head and a bomb on the back will run and give 'Jimma' a hug.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Knowing that stupid fuck, he is probably over there telling them he can get the Jews to move to Iceland or some shit.
ha, I chuckled at this one.

Perhaps he'll just give someone in Hamas a gold Cadillac El Dorado...you know, as an olive branch

post #8 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Secular Dogooderist

At least he realizes what needs to be done to get to the bottom of this age-old conflict. Nobody else cares enough to do anything, even our president...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #9 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
At least he realizes what needs to be done to get to the bottom of this age-old conflict. Nobody else cares enough to do anything, even our president...
That will go nowhere, except to undermine our government. He didn't do anything the 4 years he was in office, so why now? They see him as weak (which he is), and it's a photo-op for Hamas. It just give them "credibility", in their eyes. No more...no less.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
That will go nowhere, except to undermine our government. He didn't do anything the 4 years he was in office, so why now? They see him as weak (which he is), and it's a photo-op for Hamas. It just give them "credibility", in their eyes. No more...no less.
I didn't realize that Carter had anything to do with the government these days.

Does he hold a title that isn't 28 years old?

Buying dogs kills.
post #11 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Maybe he sees our current regime as having a very flawed policy regarding the middle east conflict. Many arguments can be made in favor of that view, and they have been. Maybe that's what they're looking for, credibility, consideration, compassion. I think they deserve it, as human beings, livers of life on this planet. Every human being has an inborn want and need to have their interests considered and satisfied. If you do not air out any and all grievances in any side of a conflict, it WILL NOT BE SOLVED. History has proven this, and this is no exception.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #12 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS

It still looks bad when an ex-president of the US is cavorting with terrorists/terrorist groups and for Christ sakes hugging them
post #13 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Maybe he sees our current regime as having a very flawed policy regarding the middle east conflict. Many arguments can be made in favor of that view, and they have been. Maybe that's what they're looking for, credibility, consideration, compassion. I think they deserve it, as human beings, livers of life on this planet. Every human being has an inborn want and need to have their interests considered and satisfied. If you do not air out any and all grievances in any side of a conflict, it WILL NOT BE SOLVED. History has proven this, and this is no exception.
You were not alive when Carter was in office...please...I lived it, and if anyone was flawed, it was him. His presidency was a debacle from start to finish. If he had slapped Iran in 1979, we wouldn't be in this situation now.

post #14 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Lifer

Quote:

You're joking...? Any ex-president has creedence in the eyes of the rest of the world. It's all about symbolism to Hamas. It lends them a credibility that they would otherwise not have.

post #15 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
You're joking...? Any ex-president has creedence in the eyes of the rest of the world. It's all about symbolism to Hamas. It lends them a credibility that they would otherwise not have.
He is nothing more than a washed up old has been who is trying to finish an impossible task that he started when he was President. No more, no less.

Buying dogs kills.
post #16 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
He is nothing more than a washed up old has been who is trying to finish an impossible task that he started when he was President. No more, no less.
Not in the eyes of the rest of the world, unfortunately.

post #17 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Secular Dogooderist

I think he's doing a good thing. Not every single faction that is opposed to the United States or its foreign policy is a terrorist organization. They're controlling your mind.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #18 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I think he's doing a good thing. Not every single faction that is opposed to the United States or its foreign policy is a terrorist organization. They're controlling your mind.

post #19 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Secular Dogooderist

That's what I thought. Absolutely no rebuttal. Someone really should have taught you how to argue, what a waste.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #20 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
I jumped in this thread to see how zara was commending jimmy carter for visiting terrorist nations. Apparently he thinks it's a conspiracy that hamas is a terrorist organization... looks like he's still a dumb ass.
post #21 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I think he's doing a good thing...

Yeah, just like Sean Penn and Jane Fonda. Some good 'ole folks right there.

post #22 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:00 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR
Yeah, just like Sean Penn and Jane Fonda. Some good 'ole folks right there.
You should ask zara about flag burning, he's managed to find something patriotic in that. He also enjoys talking trash about US soldiers when people post up stories of marines that help family's cope with their loss. Just another narrow minded parasite this country has growing on the edge of it's asshole.
post #23 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Narrow-minded? baaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha

Wow...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #24 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That's what I thought. Absolutely no rebuttal. Someone really should have taught you how to argue, what a waste.
You're not worth a response.

post #25 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Lifer

FudgePecker doesn't know jack shit about Carter or his presidency, not having been there. Think the Fonda reference went right over his li'l punkin head?
post #26 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
You're not worth a response.
That's what I thought.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #27 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
FudgePecker doesn't know jack shit about Carter or his presidency, not having been there. Think the Fonda reference went right over his li'l punkin head?
He's WAY over his head, especially when it comes to 1970's politics. He's not worthy of a response most of the time, regardless.

post #28 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Problem is, I'm WAY over your heads...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #29 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 01:50 AM
CJ

Quote:
And he's not an elitist he says.
post #30 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 06:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
And he's not an elitist he says.
It's a damn good thing his folks have paved the way for him to make a living. If he had to rely on his wits and personality, he'd be shoveling chickenshit in Tucumcari, New Mexico.

post #31 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 07:49 AM
PAN

Quote:
That's what I thought.
No, he's right. 99% of the time left over, moldy taco cheese is all that comes out when you hit enter...
post #32 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
You have a group of savages that can only be appeased if they get what they want. So what would you suggest? Take off the idealistic hat and throw out a solution.

If you help them or attempt to, then they say you are weak and have no respect for you or you're labeled as a Zionist lover and they hate you even more. The only way to get their respect is to cancel all human emotions and relocate their teeth to the back of their throat via a boot.

Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #33 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
There will be a point in your life that you'll wake up some day, and regardless of education, realize you don't know shit.

When I got to that point it opened my eyes and allowed my mind to start growing in ways I'd never imagined.

post #34 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
You have a group of savages that can only be appeased if they get what they want. So what would you suggest? Take off the idealistic hat and throw out a solution.
Actually, even when they are given what they want they are still not appeased. Arafat turned down the peace deal that essentially gave him what he asked for. They will not be happy until israel ceases to exist, and i don't see that ever happening.

Zara - shut up about 70's politics. You weren't there and some of us lived during the carter "administration". You don't know shit about it.
post #35 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Actually, even when they are given what they want they are still not appeased. Arafat turned down the peace deal that essentially gave him what he asked for. They will not be happy until israel ceases to exist, and i don't see that ever happening.

Zara - shut up about 70's politics. You weren't there and some of us lived during the carter "administration". You don't know shit about it.
Oh you're so privileged. Cell phones weren't even around yet!

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #36 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:47 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
You're speaking out of your ass. Mike is a highly intelligent gentleman who has experienced more in life and success than you can imagine. He carries with him a quiet presence that causes people to respect him and other business owners appreciate his advice and look to him for guidance. You're just a fucking twerp.

post #37 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Secular Dogooderist

A twerp, huh. Funny guy...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #38 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You're right! Congratulations.
post #39 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
That's what I thought.
post #40 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
post #41 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
A twerp, huh. Funny guy...
Twerp, A person regarded as insignificant and contemptible.

post #42 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
You're speaking out of your ass. Mike is a highly intelligent gentleman who has experienced more in life and success than you can imagine. He carries with him a quiet presence that causes people to respect him and other business owners appreciate his advice and look to him for guidance. You're just a fucking twerp.
post #43 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Secular Dogooderist

You guys are hilarious.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #44 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Wow, you are really really right, on both counts.
post #45 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You guys are hilarious.
post #46 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Wow, you are really really right, on both counts.
Mike and I go back to the old days. When I get to the point of pulling my hair out with a chainsaw, he's usually my go to advisor, because I know he's been in a family business and small business as well as having both success and failure.

I've been through all the above as well. The hardest part about success is embracing your failures, learning from them and not repeating them and Mike has a very straight forward way of helping you pull your head out of your ass and see things from an experienced perspective.

post #47 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Lifer

Oh I agree, in case my sarcasm leaked over into that post. I think Mike is one of the few real altruists I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
post #48 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Oh I agree, in case my sarcasm leaked over into that post. I think Mike is one of the few real altruists I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
post #49 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
No sarcasm taken. And I agree with you.

It's just a shame that some over stuffed bag of human shit doesn't know what he is talking about when he opens up his mouth.

post #50 of 142 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Wow. It's like a bouquet of dicks in here and they're all stroking each other. Guess I'll swing from his nuts too. Mike, what kind of business you guys own?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement