Married Man on 14Feb2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Recovering Lush

he's a walking time bomb

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Lifer

I am not Pro-Obama, but what is the rest of the context of that statement.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 AM

On the news the other day, I saw videos of Fox News' outtakes, where they were trying to get people to say "I'm angry at Obama!", but everyone was saying "well... I AM kinda bitter."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Lifer

Well, that IS the shit I am bitter about, so.....?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Recovering Lush

The bitter part wasnt the worst of it. Comments about "clinging to guns and religion" is what I found disturbing.

The underlying message being "if the economy was doing better, those mental midgets wouldn't need guns and God."

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
The bitter part wasnt the worst of it. Comments about "clinging to guns and religion" is what I found disturbing.

The underlying message being "if the economy was doing better, those mental midgets wouldn't need guns and God."
That's heavily implied, though. A bit of a reach.

If anything, his comment about people who are turning to religion to deal with their frustrations, was true. There are two types of religious people. Those that are born into it, and stay that way. And those that aren't happy, or have gone through something bad, or have hit rock-bottom, and turn to religion. It's a well known truth. That's why Jesus said "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Religion is where you're SUPPOSED to turn for help, when times are bad.

And bad economic times bring out crime. That's another fact that you can learn in any college. Look at Flint, Michigan. It was one of the best places to live for working class citizens. Then GM shipped out, laid everyone off, and now it's one of the worst places in America, to live. So, yeah, people might "cling to guns" to protect what they have, from those who don't have, who might get desperate. I don't know if that's exactly how it would go down, or if that's exACTLY what Obama meant, but I SERIOUSLY doubt he, a Christian, was downplaying religion, in an election year.

The media is trying really hard to make this into something bigger than it is.

And the funniest claim is that he's an "elitist". I hope to God he's elite. Otherwise, why run for the highest office in this country? And look at those who call him "elitist". Hillary just claimed over 100 million dollars on her taxes for last year, alone. And McCain is the Republican John Kerry! His wife is worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

That should shut this whole argument down. But then Rush's Operation Chaos wouldn't have a point. Again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement