More Dem implosions!.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

More Dem implosions!....

Obama offends small town PA voters with his ill-conceived "voters are going to gun laws and gay marriage" as issues because they are frustrated, not because it is important to them. McCain and Hillary have both described the comments as "out of touch" and "insulting to voters".

Bill then brings up the "sniper" incident and lies even further about it and reminds voters, who may have had a short attention span about her lies, making her defend herself against her own husbands words, not the right wing conspiracy she has referred to in the past. I heard a Dem talking head on MSNBC also talking about some comments from Bill about Hillary being old or out of it when she made the comments, but I have not seen them so I am not sure what was said. I am sure it was great though, they justified a response from the liberal talking head. LOL

This has been so entertaining watching this!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:42 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I'm gonna go with guns and gays are pretty far down my list of what needs to be corrected.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I'm gonna go with guns and gays are pretty far down my list of what needs to be corrected.
But do you get very far with rural America when they are told by a guy wanting their votes that they are bitter and angry for thinking those issues are important? I think not.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That's no shit.
#1) The economy
#2) The Iraq clusterfuck
#3) The immigration/welfare/open border clusterfuck

#14) Gun laws

#247) Gay marriage

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:13 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
But do you get very far with rural America when they are told by a guy wanting their votes that they are bitter and angry for thinking those issues are important? I think not.
Absolutely there with you.

Politics on the Presidential level is a very interesting balancing act. Even at the Senate level it is a difficult balancing act. Once you get to the Representative level you don't have to balance as much.

Certainly the inner-city dweller has different issues than the person with a neighbor 10 miles down the road (or 1 mile down the road, or 50 miles down the road.)

Presidential politics are quite the unique animal.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt
That's no shit.
#1) The economy
#2) The Iraq clusterfuck

#14) Gun laws

#247) Gay marriage
Economy to me is the number 1 issue we are facing (see my repost of the original post that my friend Notch made fun of me on. )

Unfortunately, it will require an entirely new mindset. Not just the President but the entire representative body of the government. Hell, I think it might just take the entire population.

We've written a check in this country we most certainly cannot cash in my lifetime at the moment.

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Economy to me is the number 1 issue we are facing (see my repost of the original post that my friend Notch made fun of me on. )

Unfortunately, it will require an entirely new mindset. Not just the President but the entire representative body of the government. Hell, I think it might just take the entire population.

We've written a check in this country we most certainly cannot cash in my lifetime at the moment.
Saw it but missed the Notch input.
Yep, if we have sense enough to work at it it'll be rough but probably the most worthwhile rough times we've ever invested. We've gotten into some real shit here.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

So how much will the new President impact your #1? It is my opinion that the President gets the blame/credit for the economy, but has very little to actually do with it, which is why I did not put it in my top 3 when referring to the new President.

So where do you put the War on Terror and/or the safety of American citizens from terrorists? They are synonymous to me and the most important, because what good is the economy or anything else if we have a few more 9/11's?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
That's no shit.
#1) The economy
#2) The Iraq clusterfuck

#14) Gun laws

#247) Gay marriage
So where do you put the War on Terror and/or the safety of Americans from terrorists?

BTW, you call Iraq a clusterfuck, what do you call Afghanistan? I never hear the Bush haters refer to it, and to me it and Iraq are deeply related since Al Quaeda is the enemy in both places.

I also think the appointment of decent judges is way more important than #247, so gay marraiage and all the other moral issues must be higher for me. There is a real possiblity that the next President will appoint 2-3 SC judges. How can anyone be okay with Obama actually appointing judges with his extreme left stances?

BTW, what do you think Obama is, liberal, moderate, conservative, or something else? I can him an extreme left wing liberal of the worst kind.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 08:54 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
So how much will the new President impact your #1? It is my opinion that the President gets the blame/credit for the economy, but has very little to actually do with it, which is why I did not put it in my top 3 when referring to the new President.

So where do you put the War on Terror and/or the safety of American citizens from terrorists? They are synonymous to me and the most important, because what good is the economy or anything else if we have a few more 9/11's?
He begins the new mindset and provides direction for for the idiots in the legislature and those taking the risks in the free market.

He also has influence over the economy. You are correct, he doesn't have as much impact as the general population thinks he does and certainly far less than the President will claim does when this are going well... The President can have a large impact if they so choose (see Nixon and the Gold Standard.)

Obviously, the best situation is when the President leaves the economy alone, congress keeps tariffs and taxes alone or lowers them and the Fed doesn't create wild inflationary or deflationary situations (opps, they did!)

Probably the biggest direct influence the President has on the economy is the selection (with confirmation of the Senate) of the 7 members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve (14 year terms) and the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the board (every 4 years.)

Of course the other big direct influence is the selection, by the President, of the Treasury Secretary. The Treasury Secretary can be thought of as the CFO of the Federal Government and the President's principal economic advisor.

Terrorism, as you pointed out in another post, has been non-existent on American soil since 9/11. I'll assume that what we are doing is working.

What we are doing with our economy is not working. So it is my number 1 concern.

China has been waging an economic war for many years and is kicking America's ass.

Great article, from a British perspective:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

It starts off we a great quote from a business leader from Britian back when Britian was the dominant influence in the world:

"To be born an Englishman is to win the prize in the lottery of life."
- Cecil Rhodes

The same can be said about being born in a America although that is slowly fading fast.

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:10 AM
T-MINUS

The number one issue to me is the economy, and as a greater part is the governments over-willingness to get ass deep involved in it and try to correct it, instead of letting the ship right itself.

Next is the constant over-regulation and push to be involved in everything (Baseball, retired NFL players, subsidizing less efficient 'alternative fuels' and driving up the price of everything).

The gov't as a whole needs to be told to GTFO. The system has done a damn fine job without them playing mommy. And I'm pretty damn sure that 3 out of 3 candidates would disagree with me.

Then guns.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Pushed to the limit

Obama would have to get busted snorting coke off of an underage hooker's ass in a church on Sunday morning to make Clinton and that old guy seem like better candidates.

Buying dogs kills.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Recovering Lush

Ageist.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Lifer

The economy is an issue right now. If, or more like "when", we get more buildings knocked down, the economy will be secondary...again. Depending on the target and severity. Without safety and protection, why worry about the economy?

I almost consider illegal immigration as important as terroristic acts. The result is the same on our ecenomy. One hits you hard and fast, the other is a constant drain...like the war.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
So where do you put the War on Terror and/or the safety of Americans from terrorists?

BTW, you call Iraq a clusterfuck, what do you call Afghanistan? I never hear the Bush haters refer to it, and to me it and Iraq are deeply related since Al Quaeda is the enemy in both places.

I also think the appointment of decent judges is way more important than #247, so gay marraiage and all the other moral issues must be higher for me. There is a real possiblity that the next President will appoint 2-3 SC judges. How can anyone be okay with Obama actually appointing judges with his extreme left stances?

BTW, what do you think Obama is, liberal, moderate, conservative, or something else? I can him an extreme left wing liberal of the worst kind.
I put the "war on terror" as vital (I'm not going to number it) and I think there are more terrorist currently in the US and Europe than in Iraq. Hell, all they have to do is walk or drive across the border. What's to keep them out? I call Afghanistan a "forgotten clusterfuck". No glamour there. If we had left the strength of our military in Afghanistan/Pakistan where Al Queda actually was I would have no complaints.

"Decent judges" to you are of course judges that render decisions that you agree with.

"BTW, what do you think Obama is, liberal, moderate, conservative, or something else?" Something else. I can't think of another way to say that I have no faith what so ever in The Mod Squad. None. Same as our federal government. None. You call him "a left wing liberal of the worst kind." Duely noted. But then anyone that doesn't agree with you is a liberal of the worst kind.

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
He begins the new mindset and provides direction for for the idiots in the legislature and those taking the risks in the free market.
I agree, but I think a new President will have such little impact, that when discussing the most important issues in terms of the new President, the economy is pretty far down on that list. It is the biggest issue on my list of things I worry about personally, but I wasn't asking about that, I was talking about issues realting to a new president. That is why it wasn't in my top 3.

Quote:
He also has influence over the economy. You are correct, he doesn't have as much impact as the general population thinks he does and certainly far less than the President will claim does when this are going well... The President can have a large impact if they so choose (see Nixon and the Gold Standard.)

Obviously, the best situation is when the President leaves the economy alone, congress keeps tariffs and taxes alone or lowers them and the Fed doesn't create wild inflationary or deflationary situations (opps, they did!)
Well, how likely will Obama or Hillary leave things alone? They are all about government being able to solve problems instead of being THE problem.

Quote:
Probably the biggest direct influence the President has on the economy is the selection (with confirmation of the Senate) of the 7 members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve (14 year terms) and the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the board (every 4 years.)

Of course the other big direct influence is the selection, by the President, of the Treasury Secretary. The Treasury Secretary can be thought of as the CFO of the Federal Government and the President's principal economic advisor.
This is anohter reason why the economy isn't on my lits of things the President affects all that much. Almost every one of the issues you discuss involve others.

Quote:
Terrorism, as you pointed out in another post, has been non-existent on American soil since 9/11. I'll assume that what we are doing is working..
Yep, but get someone who decides that terrorists should be talked to (Obama or Hillary) and the current situation could change in a few weeks in my opinion.

Quote:
What we are doing with our economy is not working. So it is my number 1 concern.
I agree, but the change in President, which is the topic, won't have a huge direct influence on it IMO. That is the topic I was trying to discuss.

Quote:
China has been waging an economic war for many years and is kicking America's ass.

Great article, from a British perspective:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

It starts off we a great quote from a business leader from Britian back when Britian was the dominant influence in the world:

"To be born an Englishman is to win the prize in the lottery of life."
- Cecil Rhodes

The same can be said about being born in a America although that is slowly fading fast.
I think the issues of why America is fading as a world leader are long. Poor public education, lack of personal responsibility, dependence upon government to solve problems instead of individuals and businesses, etc. are also major players. We have become fat, lazy and apathetic and if things don't change son, we will be in big trouble in our lifetime, and definitley in our children's.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I put the "war on terror" as vital (I'm not going to number it) and I think there are more terrorist currently in the US and Europe than in Iraq. Hell, all they have to do is walk or drive across the border. What's to keep them out? I call Afghanistan a "forgotten clusterfuck". No glamour there. If we had left the strength of our military in Afghanistan/Pakistan where Al Queda actually was I would have no complaints.
You and the "I hate Bush and the Iraq war" crowd always say they wouldn't be complaining, but I doubt it seriously.

Quote:
"Decent judges" to you are of course judges that render decisions that you agree with..
Nope, just ones that don't think the Constitution is a liveng, breathing document that can be interpreted the way they thgink and their liberal friends think.

What do you think "decent" judges are in the SC?

Quote:
"BTW, what do you think Obama is, liberal, moderate, conservative, or something else?" Something else. I can't think of another way to say that I have no faith what so ever in The Mod Squad. None. Same as our federal government. None. You call him "a left wing liberal of the worst kind." Duely noted. But then anyone that doesn't agree with you is a liberal of the worst kind.
It is not about those who disagree with me, it is those who have not thought out their position. It is the RP people who think his stance of pulling out of Iraq without thought for the consequences is a good thing. The few I have spoken with don't know any of his other stances, like I didn't at first, and are voting for him only because he wants an immediate and unconditional pullout of Iraq and every other country we are in. I have had more than a few puzzled when I mentioned his conservative stances on other issues and they said they didn't know that. I think the AVERAGE liberal and RP type voter is an idiot. There are exceptions, but they are just that, exceptions, not the rule.

It is the people who think government is a good thing when it is given more power and more money (liberals like Obama and Hillary). It is people who think illegal immigration is a race issue, not a safety issue (liberals). It is a person who thinks unfettered abortion is good and the death penalty is bad (liberals like Obama and Hillary). It is people who think the government should control guns (liberals like Hillary and Obama).

It just so happens that people who would vote for people like liberals and RP types tend to be dreamers. I would love it if there were no terrorists trying to kill us just because we are Americans, but that isn't the case. I would love it if taxing the rich was actually good economic policy, but it doesn't work in reality, it just makes people who vote for liberal candidates feel better about their plight in life.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
The economy is an issue right now. If, or more like "when", we get more buildings knocked down, the economy will be secondary...again. Depending on the target and severity. Without safety and protection, why worry about the economy?

I almost consider illegal immigration as important as terroristic acts. The result is the same on our ecenomy. One hits you hard and fast, the other is a constant drain...like the war.
I am convinced that we will have to have a confirmed terror attack by an illegal that has crossed the border before any politician does something about it. I know the Demns will never do it, and apparently the Republicans have their own agenda that makes it impossible to stop it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:46 AM
IA2

Quote:
The issue I see with obama's comment is that it clearly shows that he is just another liberal elitist that is out of touch with blue collar america. These are the kinds of people that refer to middle america as "fly over" states. Hillary has the same issue and apparently realizes it now with her pathetic pandering talk of duck hunting, etc. As the candidates continue to bicker between themselves and continue to shoot off feet I have to admit it is entertaining to watch.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
The issue I see with obama's comment is that it clearly shows that he is just another liberal elitist that is out of touch with blue collar america. These are the kinds of people that refer to middle america as "fly over" states. Hillary has the same issue and apparently realizes it now with her pathetic pandering talk of duck hunting, etc. As the candidates continue to bicker between themselves and continue to shoot off feet I have to admit it is entertaining to watch.
I saw the video of her with a beer and a shot of whiskey in her hand. She looked like she had never done that before in her life. It was priceless!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 10:40 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I saw the video of her with a beer and a shot of whiskey in her hand. She looked like she had never done that before in her life. It was priceless!
I want to see her and Cheney go duck hunting together!

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:

I read the u in duck as an i the first time I read that.....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You and the "I hate Bush and the Iraq war" crowd always say they wouldn't be complaining, but I doubt it seriously.

Nope, just ones that don't think the Constitution is a liveng, breathing document that can be interpreted the way they thgink and their liberal friends think.

It is the RP people who think his stance of pulling out of Iraq without thought for the consequences is a good thing. The few I have spoken with don't know any of his other stances, like I didn't at first, and are voting for him only because he wants an immediate and unconditional pullout of Iraq and every other country we are in. I have had more than a few puzzled when I mentioned his conservative stances on other issues and they said they didn't know that. I think the AVERAGE liberal and RP type voter is an idiot. There are exceptions, but they are just that, exceptions, not the rule.

It just so happens that people who would vote for people like liberals and RP types tend to be dreamers. I would love it if there were no terrorists trying to kill us just because we are Americans, but that isn't the case. I would love it if taxing the rich was actually good economic policy, but it doesn't work in reality, it just makes people who vote for liberal candidates feel better about their plight in life.
As far as what I think about the war on terrorism with Afgan/Pakistan focus versus Iraq focus, I think it would work better for me if I went with what I believe instead of what you think and assume I believe. That's enough of that.

I also consider the consequences of NOT pulling out of Iraq. I also consider what the up side of staying in Iraq is and I don't see one. I don't care if the Sunni's or the Shiite's win their civil war over there. The results will be the same as far as we are concerned. It's not an American threat issue. Iraq never was.

So you drag Ron Paul into this "discussion" so you can say his supporters are "just like liberals" and are idiots. Coming from you that means nada. If you cared about the Constitution and conservatism like you say you do you'd know the difference.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
As far as what I think about the war on terrorism with Afgan/Pakistan focus versus Iraq focus, I think it would work better for me if I went with what I believe instead of what you think and assume I believe. That's enough of that.

I also consider the consequences of NOT pulling out of Iraq. I also consider what the up side of staying in Iraq is and I don't see one. I don't care if the Sunni's or the Shiite's win their civil war over there. The results will be the same as far as we are concerned. It's not an American threat issue. Iraq never was.

So you drag Ron Paul into this "discussion" so you can say his supporters are "just like liberals" and are idiots. Coming from you that means nada. If you cared about the Constitution and conservatism like you say you do you'd know the difference.
I guess opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, some just stink more than others. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I can see Cheney asking Hillary to go out ahead and stir up the ducks so he can shoot them. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If we never went into iraq, we would have the same consequences that came with 9/11 with osama, we went in and kicked out sadaam before he got to us. Its a terrorist war not a sunni vs shiite war, the results wont be the same, its like if you went up to someone who hates you, you kick them in the balls and run away, what do you think they will do, leave it alone? It is an american threat issue, iraq has been an american threat issue since the cold war, and as soon as saddam broke the law we went in and destroyed him just like it should have been done 20yrs ago. We didnt just go in and flex our muscles, if we wanted to do that we would have went to war with korea instead of iraq

Everyone who is talking about how they want the govt to jump in on the economy deal sounds like abunch of socialists, "govt needs to fix this" "govt needs to fix that", the govt doesnt need to do jack s&%^, we go through these same "phases" every 10-20 yrs since industrial revolution, the only thing the govt should help us with/provide us with is safety and leadership. This country was built on NOT having a super govt control everything, now everyone want it to

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128