"Get me some more white people." - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
"Get me some more white people."

Wonder how well it would be received if one were to sub "Obama" for "McCain", and "white" for "black"........

Quote:
April 08, 2008
Obama advance: 'Get me more white people'



From the account in Carnegie Mellon's paper, the Tartan, of a Michelle Obama event in Pittsburgh:
While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama’s event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama.

The Tartan’s correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, “Get me more white people, we need more white people.” To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, “We’re moving you, sorry. It’s going to look so pretty, though.”

“I didn’t know they would say, ‘We need a white person here,’ ” said attendee and senior psychology major Shayna Watson, who sat in the crowd behind Mrs. Obama. “I understood they would want a show of diversity, but to pick up people and to reseat them, I didn’t know it would be so outright.”

I'm not sure there's any real reason for outrage here; every campaign, at least implicitly, includes race in the staging of events like this -- even a campaign whose supporters chant "race doesn't matter." But they don't usually get caught doing it this explicitly.

And (if you didn't pick it up from the bowling) it does give you a sense of the community Obama's trying to reach in Pennsylvania: whitefolks.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...te_people.html


color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
At least Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton don't hide the fact that it's all about race.
Denny is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 02:59 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,816
Where's the audio?

Or did you just post it because it's negative against Obama, regardless of any credibility?

"From the account...", meaning "some guy/girl says..."

Here's one:

Quote:
McCain admits to being racist.

From the account of a homeless gentleman, urinating in the street:

"I heard John McCain say 'I am a racist'."
Again, Hook, you'll post anything, won't you?
gpamp is offline  
 
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Where's the audio?

Or did you just post it because it's negative against Obama, regardless of any credibility?

"From the account...", meaning "some guy/girl says..."

Here's one:



Again, Hook, you'll post anything, won't you?
If 1/4 of what we hear is true, Obama will be D-O-N-E.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
So the better choice is McClueless? No thanks. I'll be the first to say I am absolutely livid about this year's choices for president, but if the choice is between Obama and a man with some pretty clear early onset Alzheimers symptoms, I'll take Obama. They all support status quo politics, they're all members of CFR, and they all support further anti-gun legislation. There really isn't that big of a choice here, people.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 AM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
So the better choice is McClueless? No thanks. I'll be the first to say I am absolutely livid about this year's choices for president, but if the choice is between Obama and a man with some pretty clear early onset Alzheimers symptoms, I'll take Obama. They all support status quo politics, they're all members of CFR, and they all support further anti-gun legislation. There really isn't that big of a choice here, people.



Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 65
obamas dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Where's the audio?

Or did you just post it because it's negative against Obama, regardless of any credibility?

"From the account...", meaning "some guy/girl says..."

Here's one:



Again, Hook, you'll post anything, won't you?
go suck on the title jerk off
3.8to5.8 is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
I don't have a reason that makes me feel super great about it, but Hrrlery and John McCain just freak me out, and Obama doesn't. John McCain can't even tell the difference between Sunnis and Shia, and when asked about the sub-prime crisis, he said he would have to ask Greenspan about it before he could formulate a plan. Fuck that!

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Points taken, however:

1. It is the job of any good CEO, or in the case our PResident, to surround themselves with knowledgable people. In this case, if Greenspan is McCain's go to guy, what's wrong with that?
2. OBama is more liberal than the Kennedy's and Boxer's of this world. Nuff said.
3. I have serious doubts about Mr and MRs Obama's loyalty to our country, and even more concerning is where those loyalties may lie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
I don't have a reason that makes me feel super great about it, but Hrrlery and John McCain just freak me out, and Obama doesn't. John McCain can't even tell the difference between Sunnis and Shia, and when asked about the sub-prime crisis, he said he would have to ask Greenspan about it before he could formulate a plan. Fuck that!

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
I don't have a reason that makes me feel super great about it, but Hrrlery and John McCain just freak me out, and Obama doesn't. John McCain can't even tell the difference between Sunnis and Shia, and when asked about the sub-prime crisis, he said he would have to ask Greenspan about it before he could formulate a plan. Fuck that!
Ignorance is bliss, you don't feel freaked out about Obama because you know so little about him.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Points taken, however:

1. It is the job of any good CEO, or in the case our PResident, to surround themselves with knowledgable people. In this case, if Greenspan is McCain's go to guy, what's wrong with that?
2. OBama is more liberal than the Kennedy's and Boxer's of this world. Nuff said.
3. I have serious doubts about Mr and MRs Obama's loyalty to our country, and even more concerning is where those loyalties may lie.
1. If the CEO can't process the information in question, what good is he/she?
2. I got nothing on that one
3. I don't believe the wingnuts on this one. Call it gut instinct. Even if he were a Muslim, so what?

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
I feel similarly, but Hillary and Obama freak me out. Personally, I don't care for seeing a difference in a people who care more for fighting one another to a point of annihilation versus coming to an agreement, I say let them figure out who is stronger and then (if need be) knock them back down a notch or two for respect. Sup-prime crisis--- I say fuck'em. If someone were stupid enough to allow a money making business to screw them into a variable rate loan, then die with the others. Only the strong survive, and those that support the weak ( individuals that could support themselves, but don't care to) are simply enablers of the sickest addiction I have ever encountered.
It's a face-value difference, it should only need to be explained to him once. As for the "sub-prime crisis," that speaks to a greedy and excessive FED and lending industry in general. No amount of rational is going to convince me that accepting a larger amount of risk for a smaller profit margin and hoping to make up the difference in volume. Show me that model every time, and my response will always be, "short." That should also be pretty obvious.

EDIT: I'm not a strong supporter of anyone, Obama is just who I'm least scared of right now. I don't want to vote for any of them, but I gotta vote for somebody.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
John McCain can't even tell the difference between Sunnis and Shia, and when asked about the sub-prime crisis, he said he would have to ask Greenspan about it before he could formulate a plan.
I am curious, can you link Obama and Hillary's responses to those questions, because I'm pretty sure neither of them can tell you off-hip what they would do other than consult advisers.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
Even if he were a Muslim, so what?

Then, by religion, it is his job to destroy Americans because we are "infidels".

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
I am curious, can you link Obama and Hillary's responses to those questions, because I'm pretty sure neither of them can tell you off-hip what they would do other than consult advisers.

Stevo
Nope, I can't. I don't want Hillary, BTW. I am really only for Obama right now, because Hillary freaks me out waaaaaay more than anyone else, and we have got to stop her crazy train as soon as possible.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Then, by religion, it is his job to destroy Americans because we are "infidels".

Stevo
That's true if he listens to his CHRISTIAN preacher half as much as the wingnuts say.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
That's the goon in question!

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
If he does by some ungodly act take office:



Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
I feel pretty fucked over by the political process in general this year. I don't want to read that crap, lol.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Wow. peaceful discourse: Go figure!


color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:34 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
I feel pretty fucked over by the political process in general this year. I don't want to read that crap, lol.

Sounds like a sound plan, instead of actually gathering information on the candidate you are standing behind, just vote blindly.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Sounds like a sound plan, instead of actually gathering information on the candidate you are standing behind, just vote blindly.

Stevo
It's just as good as you assuming I haven't gathered information. I don't have to put money in his pocket to find out what he's about. Settle down.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy
 
stinginstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
Nope, I can't. I don't want Hillary, BTW. I am really only for Obama right now, because Hillary freaks me out waaaaaay more than anyone else, and we have got to stop her crazy train as soon as possible.
Obama freaks me out too. He's received contributions from a questionable overseas billionaire and a campaign ally who helped him buy his house was recently sentenced to prison for corruption Oddly not much has been made of that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4204413&page=1


Hillary outright lied about running from gunfire when she visited Bosnia. I could cut her some slack if it really happened somewhere else and she got the two incidents crossed up, but that's not the case. She totally lied about it. For what reason I have no idea. It was dangerous to be visiting that part of the world at that time - no embellishment was needed.
stinginstang is offline  
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
makin' bacon
 
Stevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Longview,TX
Posts: 5,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
It's just as good as you assuming I haven't gathered information. I don't have to put money in his pocket to find out what he's about. Settle down.
You yourself mentioned in this thread you will not be voting for Hillary or McCain because they "creep you out", and you said you will not be reading Obama's books. Maybe I am off track, but it looks like you do not want to hear about Obama's skeletons. I do find it funny though, when someone mentions you gathering information about Obama from his books, you say "I don't want to read that crap".

I try my best to read any information pertaining to our candidates, good or bad.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky


Stevo is offline  
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Fair enough. I guess I'm not voting this year after all.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
Fair enough. I guess I'm not voting this year after all.
Just write Chuck Norris in. You can never go wrong with Chuck.
Denny is offline  
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
So the better choice is McClueless? No thanks. I'll be the first to say I am absolutely livid about this year's choices for president, but if the choice is between Obama and a man with some pretty clear early onset Alzheimers symptoms, I'll take Obama. They all support status quo politics, they're all members of CFR, and they all support further anti-gun legislation. There really isn't that big of a choice here, people.
How about we just assume a scenario where the candidates actually accomplish what they say they will and vote for them based off of that. I will take the guy who is at least claiming to want similar things that I want, instead of the candidates who aspire to all that I despise.

You are right, this isn't a hard choice for conservatives or liberals. There is a very clear difference between the choices on the Dems and Republicans sides.

Shall I ask what top 2 or 3 issues are important to you and see if Obama, Clinton, or McCain agree with your priorities?

Right now my top 3 issues are:

The War on Terror/Security against terrorism.
Moral Issues (Gay marriage/appointment of conservative judges/abortion, etc.)
Illegal Immigration

Assuming McCain, Hillary, and Obama do what they say they will, McCain wins hands down. Tell me how baldy each will fail and I may change, but we can't assume very well how they will fail, can we? I will go this route. I bet if a few more straight ticket Dems would go this route, they would see they are voting for the wrong candidates. Maybe not though, Dem straight ticket voters are not the brightest bunch of people I have ever been around.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
I feel pretty fucked over by the political process in general this year.
That's because you have been.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome