Obama supports infantcide? More pro-choice than NARAL??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Obama supports infantcide? More pro-choice than NARAL???

Even Boxer and Kennedy supported this bill. What a nutcase.

http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=26868

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=18647

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opini...ood_image.html
Quote:
At the federal level, legislation was presented called the Born Alive Infants Protection Act (BAIPA) which stated all live-born babies were guaranteed the same constitutional right to equal protection, whether or not they were wanted.

BAIPA sailed through the U.S. Senate by unanimous vote and by an overwhelming majority in the House. President Bush signed the bill into law in 2002.

Stanek wrote that, “in Illinois, the state version of BAIPA repeatedly failed, thanks in large part to then-state Sen. Barack Obama. It only passed in 2005, after Obama left.”

“Obama articulately worried that legislation protecting live aborted babies might infringe on women's rights or abortionists' rights. Obama's clinical discourse, his lack of mercy, shocked me. I was naive back then. Obama voted against the measure, twice. It ultimately failed.”
Quote:
In 2002, as an Illinois legislator, Obama voted against the Induced Infant Liability Act, which would have protected babies that survived late-term abortions. That same year a similar federal law, the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, was signed by President Bush. Only 15 members of the U.S. House opposed it, and it passed the Senate unanimously on a voice vote.

Both the Illinois and the federal bill sought equal treatment for babies who survived premature inducement for the purpose of abortion and wanted babies who were born prematurely and given live-saving medical attention.
Quote:

That bill was the Born Alive Infants Protection Act. During the partial-birth abortion debate, Congress heard testimony about babies that had survived attempted late-term abortions. Nurses testified that these preterm living, breathing babies were being thrown into medical waste bins to die or being "terminated" outside the womb. With the baby now completely separated from the mother, it was impossible to argue that the health or life of the mother was in jeopardy by giving her baby appropriate medical treatment.

The act simply prohibited the killing of a baby born alive. To address the concerns of pro-choice lawmakers, the bill included language that said nothing "shall be construed to affirm, deny, expand or contract any legal status or legal right" of the baby. In other words, the bill wasn't intruding on Roe v. Wade.

Who would oppose a bill that said you couldn't kill a baby who was born? Not Kennedy, Boxer or Hillary Rodham Clinton. Not even the hard-core National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL). Obama, however, is another story. The year after the Born Alive Infants Protection Act became federal law in 2002, identical language was considered in a committee of the Illinois Senate. It was defeated with the committee's chairman, Obama, leading the opposition.

Let's be clear about what Obama did, once in 2003 and twice before that. He effectively voted for infanticide. He voted to allow doctors to deny medically appropriate treatment or, worse yet, actively kill a completely delivered living baby. Infanticide - I wonder if he'll add this to the list of changes in his next victory speech and if the crowd will roar: "Yes, we can." How could someone possibly justify such a vote? In March 2001, Obama was the sole speaker in opposition to the bill on the floor of the Illinois Senate. He said: "We're saying they are persons entitled to the kinds of protections provided to a child, a 9-month child delivered to term. I mean, it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal-protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child." So according to Obama, "they," babies who survive abortions or any other preterm newborns, should be permitted to be killed because giving legal protection to preterm newborns would have the effect of banning all abortions

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:48 PM

Oh man. You will cut and paste anything, won't you?
post #3 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Is that your defense for your candidate's desire for infantcide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp
Oh man. You will cut and paste anything, won't you?

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2...to_barack.html

Links to the 92 General Assembly of IL Voting Record

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Is that your defense for your candidate's desire for infantcide?

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2...to_barack.html

Links to the 92 General Assembly of IL Voting Record
How about my version of your post:

www.republicanjesusfreaks.com

"John McCain found out today, that Jesus Christ was born in the Middle East. Advisers told him just after his morning enema. McCain has now laid out a plan to kill our Savior, in hopes that it will deter attacks on American soil."

It's just GOT to be true!
post #5 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

You really know very little about your candidate, do you?
Google BARACK and BOIPA.

You don't even present a nice straw man anymore. It's sad watching you deteriorate before our very eyes, but that's what happens.

Quote:
How about my version of your post:

www.republicanjesusfreaks.com

"John McCain found out today, that Jesus Christ was born in the Middle East. Advisers told him just after his morning enema. McCain has now laid out a plan to kill our Savior, in hopes that it will deter attacks on American soil."

It's just GOT to be true!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #6 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Google BARACK and BOIPA.

You don't even present a nice straw man anymore. It's sad watching you deteriorate before our very eyes, but that's what happens.
Oh, I can do that, too.

Google MCCAIN and RACIST.

You're just one gigantic bias, aren't you? It's sad, watching you regurgitate blurbs from sites that believe exactly as you do, with no concept of the word "unbiased". But you're the nature of the beast.
post #7 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
Quote:
Oh, I can do that, too.

You're just one gigantic bias, aren't you? It's sad, watching you regurgitate blurbs from sites that believe exactly as you do, with no concept of the word "unbiased". But you're the nature of the beast.
Please for once, try a logical response that is not argumentative.

Thanks
post #8 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:19 AM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

when do you have time to sing?

Quote:
Oh, I can do that, too.

do you do the song writing too?
post #9 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

He was criticized by rival pro-choice candidates in the Democratic primary and by his Republican pro-life opponent in the general election for a series of "present" or "no" votes on late-term abortion and parental notification issues.[11]

From Wiki

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/po...s_defense.html
Chicago Tribune

Quote:
The conservative former diplomat said Obama’s vote against a bill that would have outlawed a form of late-term abortion denied unborn children of their equal rights. Both candidates — one an outspoken conservative and the other a favorite of party liberals — are black.

“I would still be picking cotton if the country’s moral principles had not been shaped by the Declaration of Independence,” Keyes said. He said Obama “has broken and rejected those principles — he has taken the slaveholder’s position.”
AP/MSNBC

This is like shooting fish in a barrel. Do you really deny your candidate supports both PBA and opposed the Infant Protection Act?

His voting record is available for all to see.
Quote:
Oh, I can do that, too.

You're just one gigantic bias, aren't you? It's sad, watching you regurgitate blurbs from sites that believe exactly as you do, with no concept of the word unbiased. But you're the nature of the beast.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #10 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

BTW, if he's such a racist....

why does Condi want to be his running mate?

Quote:
Oh, I can do that, too.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Genetically Blessed

Obama or Reggie Bush?
post #12 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 AM

For one, HookEm, your methods are ridiculous. Your formula is this:

Throw something outrageous out. Let's see... "OBAMA WANTS TO KILL YOUR BABY!!"

Then, when someone points out how ridiculous you've become, you simply say something along the lines of "prove me wrong" or "source?"

It makes it so, that it's no fun to talk about politics with you. You're not really all there, when it comes to these debates. You're trying too hard, to find something that's not there, half the time. And the other half, you're glossing over things, in order to make your point more outrageously.

For one, the first reference you posted, was Wiki. ANYBODY can edit stuff on Wiki. I can go on there, and say something about John McCain wanting to off JC, and if no one contests it, it posts it up there. Being that's the first reference you posted, why would I even consider your other references? You've already shown that you'll believe anything, as long as it seems like something that'll bash whoever is against your man.

So, to answer you, aceman, I don't enjoy responding with arguments. (Although it is fun to fling the same stupid logic HookEm uses, back at him. It's ironic that when I do it, I'm "deteriorating" but when he does it, it's... er... logical?) But why would I waste a logical response on fantastical cut-and-paste posts?
post #13 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
BTW, if he's such a racist....

why does Condi want to be his running mate?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, delete this. Please. I can't take it.

Um... maybe because she doesn't mind the burning crosses as long as she has power?

Power does that to you.
post #14 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Genetically Blessed

Agreed. Not saying I agree with Obama's stance on most things, but Hookem's posts about it are growing very tiresome.
post #15 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Well, do we have a bet or not?

OR are you all talk?

The Illinois House is a fanatical web site?

Fact is, you are in denial.

Pathetic, really.

Prove he voted for the Infant Protection Act.

www.google.com.

I tell you what....

I'll even wager something on it. LEt's go...100 bucks toward the GOP if I win, 100 to the DNC if you win.

Quote:
For one, HookEm, your methods are ridiculous. Your formula is this:

Throw something outrageous out. Let's see... "OBAMA WANTS TO KILL YOUR BABY!!"

Then, when someone points out how ridiculous you've become, you simply say something along the lines of "prove me wrong" or "source?"

It makes it so, that it's no fun to talk about politics with you. You're not really all there, when it comes to these debates. You're trying too hard, to find something that's not there, half the time. And the other half, you're glossing over things, in order to make your point more outrageously.

For one, the first reference you posted, was Wiki. ANYBODY can edit stuff on Wiki. I can go on there, and say something about John McCain wanting to off JC, and if no one contests it, it posts it up there. Being that's the first reference you posted, why would I even consider your other references? You've already shown that you'll believe anything, as long as it seems like something that'll bash whoever is against your man.

So, to answer you, aceman, I don't enjoy responding with arguments. (Although it is fun to fling the same stupid logic HookEm uses, back at him. It's ironic that when I do it, I'm "deteriorating" but when he does it, it's... er... logical?) But why would I waste a logical response on fantastical cut-and-paste posts?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 04-07-2008 at 12:54 AM.
post #16 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Genetically Blessed

Did you mean, "infanticide"?
post #17 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Try the ignore button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Agreed. Not saying I agree with Obama's stance on most things, but Hookem's posts about it are growing very tiresome.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #18 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Did you mean, "infanticide"?

I left an I out. Ready the firing squad, Cap'n.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #19 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Try the ignore button?
I'm just trying to keep track of all the members who are making the school from which I earn my MBA, look like a joke. So far there's Bones, Runninhorn, whoever that douchebag in the sports forum was before he got ran off, the guy who posts an Obama thread every two seconds...
post #20 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Hint: If you dont want to hear about Obama's politics, stay away from the political board.

Just sayin....

Quote:
I'm just trying to keep track of all the members who are making the school from which I earn my MBA, look like a joke. So far there's Bones, Runninhorn, whoever that douchebag in the sports forum was before he got ran off, the guy who posts an Obama thread every two seconds...

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:10 AM

I did the intelligent thing.

Rather than search for cherries to pick, as you have, and continue, to do, I searched "Born Alive Infant Protection Act" (the full name of it), because I wanted to know what was in it. Sometimes, really stupid laws are hidden in these things, that make them catch 22s for someone to vote for.

However, I noticed that no legitimate news sites had anything on it. By "legitimate" I mean "unbiased".

Every site that came up was right-wing operated. Hell, the article that you cited was written by Amanda Carpenter. Here's her bio:

Miss Carpenter has become an integralpart of the Human Events team of committed conservatives reporting the news the left-wing media ignore. She roams Capitol Hill to report breaking news for Human Events, questioning members of Congress about pressing issues. Miss Carpenter has made numerous media appearances that include segments on the BBC, Fox News’ “Hannity & Colmes” and “The Big Story with John Gibson,” and MSNBC’s “Tucker.”

I'm sure there's no slant on that, at ALL.

(on a side note, she's friggin' hot.)

So, after seeing only right-wing sites yelling about the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, with the occasional shout at Obama, I tried the News part of Google.

9 stories. (J.D. Salinger wrote it)

That's it.

And all of them were from far-right conservative websites.

I'm sorry, but you're out of credibility.
post #22 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

So, in all of your research you MUST have found a site refuting my claim, right?

Quote:
I did the intelligent thing.

Rather than search for cherries to pick, as you have, and continue, to do, I searched "Born Alive Infant Protection Act" (the full name of it), because I wanted to know what was in it. Sometimes, really stupid laws are hidden in these things, that make them catch 22s for someone to vote for.

However, I noticed that no legitimate news sites had anything on it. By "legitimate" I mean "unbiased".

Every site that came up was right-wing operated. Hell, the article that you cited was written by Amanda Carpenter. Here's her bio:

Miss Carpenter has become an integralpart of the Human Events team of committed conservatives reporting the news the left-wing media ignore. She roams Capitol Hill to report breaking news for Human Events, questioning members of Congress about pressing issues. Miss Carpenter has made numerous media appearances that include segments on the BBC, Fox News’ “Hannity & Colmes” and “The Big Story with John Gibson,” and MSNBC’s “Tucker.”

I'm sure there's no slant on that, at ALL.

(on a side note, she's friggin' hot.)

So, after seeing only right-wing sites yelling about the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, with the occasional shout at Obama, I tried the News part of Google.

9 stories. (J.D. Salinger wrote it)

That's it.

And all of them were from far-right conservative websites.

I'm sorry, but you're out of credibility.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Hint: If you dont want to hear about Obama's politics, stay away from the political board.

Just sayin....
The political forum is where the action is, lately.
post #24 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Pam Sutherland is the president and CEO of the Illinois Planned Parenthood Council. She says Obama voted "present" at least seven times to provide cover to other abortion-rights supporters on such bills as the "Born Alive Infant Protection Act."

From NPR, another fanatical right wing site.....
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=18348437

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
So, in all of your research you MUST have found a site refuting my claim, right?
There you go again.

See, you KNOW I didn't find any that refute your claim, because the only sites that mention such an obscure act are extremely conservative sites. As I said, the LEGITIMATE sites say nothing about it, whatsoever.

So, in a sense, you're right. But only because you're ignorant enough to only believe what you're told by those that believe what you believe, rather than find out through legitimate sources.

It's sad, really, watching you deteriorate into just one of the sheeple. Believe me, I would much rather just play your game with you, and post some outrageous claim from the far left, about the far right, and send you on a goose chase to prove it wrong, just to show you and those that read the interaction, how funny your posts have become. It gives me no joy to fill you in on how ignorant you are, and how selective your reading is.
post #26 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2369157.shtml

CBS News adequate?

He voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. He supported allowing retired police officers to carry concealed weapons, but opposed allowing people to use banned handguns to defend against intruders in their homes. And the list of sensitive topics goes on.

Quote:
There you go again.

See, you KNOW I didn't find any that refute your claim, because the only sites that mention such an obscure act are extremely conservative sites. As I said, the LEGITIMATE sites say nothing about it, whatsoever.

So, in a sense, you're right. But only because you're ignorant enough to only believe what you're told by those that believe what you believe, rather than find out through legitimate sources.

It's sad, really, watching you deteriorate into just one of the sheeple. Believe me, I would much rather just play your game with you, and post some outrageous claim from the far left, about the far right, and send you on a goose chase to prove it wrong, just to show you and those that read the interaction, how funny your posts have become. It gives me no joy to fill you in on how ignorant you are, and how selective your reading is.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #27 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Out

I'm surprised at everyone just trying to take shots at someone posting information, rather than the information that is posted (especially in THIS thread)!

Has anyone actually read this shit?!?! Obama is as extreme left as it comes. He doesn't base his stances on morals. His thought process ONLY focuses on opposing Conservative thinking, no matter how barbaric it may seem. People, this candidate is exactly what this country DOESN'T need.
post #28 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Lifer

Hookem is a crazy motherfucker?
Hookem sucks his mamma's titty?
Hookem has sex with boys in church?
post #29 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I'm surprised at everyone just trying to take shots at someone posting information, rather than the information that is posted (especially in THIS thread)!

Has anyone actually read this shit?!?! Obama is as extreme left as it comes. He doesn't base his stances on morals. His thought process ONLY focuses on opposing Conservative thinking, no matter how barbaric it may seem. People, this candidate is exactly what this country DOESN'T need.
It's much easier to attack the messenger, especially when there is no defense for what is being posted.
Remember though, it's the "Brother-man Travelin' Rock Show!"
He's just white enough so the honkies will accept him, and just black enough to convince black folks that he was "ghetto" before he was rich.

Truth is, he is the MOST LIBERAL senator in D.C., bar none.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #30 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2369157.shtml

CBS News adequate?

He voted against requiring medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. He supported allowing retired police officers to carry concealed weapons, but opposed allowing people to use banned handguns to defend against intruders in their homes. And the list of sensitive topics goes on.
EXACTLY what I thought.

Number one: "...fetuses who survive..." That doesn't mean, that if the baby's born anyway, they string them up like a black guy on John McCain's lawn. It means, that if the abortion doesn't take, they'll try it again. Now, of course, if you don't believe in abortion, then you had a problem with it, to begin with. But to call it "infanticide" is a stretch, since the word "infant" is in there. I don't care how many articles you read that are anti-abortion, no real scientist will call a fetus an "infant". So, by saying Obama supported infanticide, you are, in fact, a liar.

Number two: You omitted (conveniently, I might add) this: Obama — who joined several other Democrats in voting "present" in 2001 and "no" the next year — argued the legislation was worded in a way that unconstitutionally threatened a woman's right to abortion by defining the fetus as a child.

"It would essentially bar abortions because the equal protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this was a child then this would be an anti-abortion statute," Obama said in the Senate's debate in March 2001.

See? I told you. The way the bill was worded, changed the definition of a fetus, so that it would be more possible to make abortions illegal. And while abortion is a whole different argument, you, sir, are a liar.

OBAMA SUPPORTED IT:

During his 2004 run for U.S. Senate, Obama said he supported similar federal legislation that included language clarifying that the measure did not interfere with abortion rights.

Thanks for posting the link. You shouldn't have.
post #31 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Out

Obama supports infanticide. Obama supports all forms of abortion, including partial birth abortions. Obama needs to be aborted.
post #32 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Obama supports infanticide. Obama supports all forms of abortion, including partial birth abortions. Obama needs to be aborted.
Infanticide? Really? I didn't see ANYTHING that said anything about killing a baby once it's born (infant).

That's as extreme as me saying John McCain hangs people on his lawn (which I don't really believe), because he voted against Martin Luther King Day.
post #33 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
It's much easier to attack the messenger, especially when there is no defense for what is being posted.
Hear Here!!!

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #34 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Hear Here!!!

Stevo
Um... there's a defense.

You should read a little lower down the thread first, before posting.
post #35 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

No, it's an excuse to justify allowing newborns to die at the mighty altar of abortion rights. Your position is indefensible.

Quote:
Um... there's a defense.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #36 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
EXACTLY what I thought.

Number one: "...fetuses who survive..." That doesn't mean, that if the baby's born anyway, they string them up like a black guy on John McCain's lawn. It means, that if the abortion doesn't take, they'll try it again. Now, of course, if you don't believe in abortion, then you had a problem with it, to begin with. But to call it "infanticide" is a stretch, since the word "infant" is in there. I don't care how many articles you read that are anti-abortion, no real scientist will call a fetus an "infant". So, by saying Obama supported infanticide, you are, in fact, a liar.
gpamp, help me out here, I'm confused.

If you try to abort a baby and it survives, why would you need a law to say you can try to abort it again before it is born? Wouldn't that fall under the same realm as the first try? Is there a law that says you can only try an abortion once?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #37 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06

If you try to abort a baby and it survives, why would you need a law to say you can try to abort it again before it is born? Wouldn't that fall under the same realm as the first try? Is there a law that says you can only try an abortion once?

Fetuses who survives=A live baby.
Hence, Obama supports infanticide.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #38 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well yeah, thats what I was thinking, but it seems like gpamp thinks they are talking about it still being in the womb.

Quote:
That doesn't mean, that if the baby's born anyway, they string them up like a black guy on John McCain's lawn. It means, that if the abortion doesn't take, they'll try it again.
Aside from the backhanded shot at McCain, he did say that pretty clearly here.

But gpamp, my original question still stands. Why the need for a law to do the exact same thing twice?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #39 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Out

Quote:
Infanticide? Really? I didn't see ANYTHING that said anything about killing a baby once it's born (infant).

That's as extreme as me saying John McCain hangs people on his lawn (which I don't really believe), because he voted against Martin Luther King Day.
No, because killing a baby is killing a baby, as opposed to voting against making a time of reflection turned into another day to not getting mail and being racist (or killing people of other races, in your case).
post #40 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but that's just most Texas fans. You'll never get away from it.

post #41 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Um... there's a defense.

Doesn't matter how slowly anyone reads your drivel, the content doesn't change, and is still drivel.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #42 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
No, it's an excuse to justify allowing newborns to die at the mighty altar of abortion rights. Your position is indefensible.
So, you're ignoring my argument, entirely? Even though it makes 14,653 times more sense than your flaming posts that come from nowhere?

You don't understand that newborns are not dying because of this, do you? The bill was created for the sole purpose of calling "fetuses" "babies", so that it would be easier to outlaw abortions. NO ONE was, or is, killing newborn babies.

Seriously, I can't believe that you post stuff like this, that is so freakishly outrageous, but when I post a satirical thread about John McCain being a racist, everyone flips the hell out.

You're full of shit, HookEm. No argument from me, or yourself can change that.
post #43 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:

The point is, the bill had no point. It was created (and I'm saying this again) for the sole purpose of sneaking in new wording for "fetus" so that abortion can be, someday, outlawed, using this new word. No one was killing newborn babies. It's not like abortions were failing, and the doctors were just waiting for that 9 months to be up so they could shred that baby when he came out. It's a fantastical idea, that HookEm bought into.

It was the same thing with the Patriot act. They named it "the Patriot act", even though it really had nothing to do with patriotism. But all those who voted against it, citing privacy issues for innocent Americans, could be pointed at by critics, who can say "they voted against the Patriot act!!"
post #44 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
You're an alcoholic and you drive = A drunk driver.
You kill thousands of people per year.

I like your logic.
post #45 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Doesn't matter how slowly anyone reads your drivel, the content doesn't change, and is still drivel.

Stevo
Oh man, you won that argument. Way to sidestep.
post #46 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The point is, the bill had no point. It was created (and I'm saying this again) for the sole purpose of sneaking in new wording for "fetus" so that abortion can be, someday, outlawed, using this new word. No one was killing newborn babies. It's not like abortions were failing, and the doctors were just waiting for that 9 months to be up so they could shred that baby when he came out. It's a fantastical idea, that HookEm bought into.

It was the same thing with the Patriot act. They named it "the Patriot act", even though it really had nothing to do with patriotism. But all those who voted against it, citing privacy issues for innocent Americans, could be pointed at by critics, who can say "they voted against the Patriot act!!"
I don't care about the Patriot Act, nor do I care what their "Agenda" is, I just wanted clarification. You two are arguing because HookEm though they were killing babies that had been born. They aren't, so that should end this. Unless we want to have the old abortion debate again....yawn.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #47 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:34 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Oh man, you won that argument. Way to sidestep.
Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware we were arguing, considering there wasn't anything to argue. He made a post, you made your general attacks on the OP, it was noted by someone else that you had no other response but to attack the first guy, I agreed, then you attacked me, I countered, and then you post this.

We are all aware that Obama is your great hope, but you MUST come up with better arguments than this drivel. Try harder, I'm sure if you really apply yourself, you will find better mud to sling and better defenses to aid your daddy Obama.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #48 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

The BAIPA mandates medical care for aborted babies that survive. Testimony from nurses indicates that those that survived the procedure were left to die, prior to the passing of this act, so I ahve to whole heartedly disagree.

Quote:
I don't care about the Patriot Act, nor do I care what their "Agenda" is, I just wanted clarification. You two are arguing because HookEm though they were killing babies that had been born. They aren't, so that should end this. Unless we want to have the old abortion debate again....yawn.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #49 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
The BAIPA mandates medical care for aborted babies that survive. Testimony from nurses indicates that those that survived the procedure were left to die, prior to the passing of this act, so I ahve to whole heartedly disagree.
Well shit I don't know which one of you is telling the truth. Personally I think either way you are killing a child and that is bullshit.

- Benjamin Franklin

www.blowoutcongress.com
post #50 of 149 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Well shit I don't know which one of you is telling the truth. Personally I think either way you are killing a child and that is bullshit.

http://www.nrlc.org/federal/born_ali.../Baipatext.pdf

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement