John McCain. Racist. Flip Flopper. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

John McCain. Racist. Flip Flopper.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ccain-apo.html

"Now that I'm running for President, I see that racism is not good for my campaign. Therefore, after 20 years... NOW I'm sorry."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

so a guy admits he's wrong, and you jump on him. awesome!

isn't the point of social change to change the minds of people as a whole?

and for future reference, it would be advised for you to not put into quotations things that weren't said in the article.

post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Recovering Lush

Opposing yet another federal holiday does not = racism.
Was it wise? No. Do I agree with that move? No. But it doesnt make it racism.
Racism = "typical white person" comments, and the Afro-centri c attitudes oh BHO's wife, and all the rhetoric that spewed from the pulpit at the Afro-centric church your proven racist man crush attends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpamp

"Now that I'm running for President, I see that racism is not good for my campaign. Therefore, after 20 years... NOW I'm sorry."

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Opposing yet another federal holiday does not = racism.
I'm puzzled as to how not supporting a new federal holiday is racist...that's a stretch.

post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I'm puzzled as to how not supporting a new federal holiday is racist...that's a stretch.

Yes, but it fits his agenda so what do you expect?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Yes, but it fits his agenda so what do you expect?
His posts used to sound educated and have at least some factual base, but now it just sounds like DaisyDoesDallas has hopped on his keyboard and is spewing out everything she sees and hears on CNN.

post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
His posts used to sound educated and have at least some factual base, but now it just sounds like DaisyDoesDallas has hopped on his keyboard and is spewing out everything she sees and hears on CNN.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:

Do you hang out at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings too, to point out past faults?
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Do you hang out at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings too, to point out past faults?
He needs to do something. His boy Obama is sucking hind tit as we speak.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If Hillary Clinton opposed the bill, and then, yesterday on the anniversary of his death, and in the middle of a huge campaign, started apologizing, every one of you that posted a reply to this thread would call her a racist. You'll all say "how can you predict that?" and "bullshit", but if this had played out that way, this thread would've been started by one of you, with Hillary's name at the beginning.

And SOHC, yes, he admitted he was wrong. But it's been TWENTY years since he opposed the bill. His state was the last state to approve it. TWENTY years... and NOW he's saying he was wrong. Why now? It's too political, and again, if it were Clinton that opposed it, and apologized yesterday, I'm certain that this discussion would be completely reversed.

HookEm? Are you saying I'm on drugs? Can I come to one of your meetings and get sober?
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
and for future reference, it would be advised for you to not put into quotations things that weren't said in the article.
I was quoting the underlying meaning of his speech.
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Lifer

You're stating your interpretation of the underlying meaning of his speech then, not quoting. Qouting only applies to a direct repeating, without adulteration, of someone's spoken or written words.
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
You're stating your interpretation of the underlying meaning of his speech then, not quoting. Qouting only applies to a direct repeating, without adulteration, of someone's spoken or written words.

He will look at this post and have no freaking clue what it means. I cite his first post and the subsequent attempt to defend the improper use of quotes as proof, and the eventual response to this post which will not admit his error. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Recovering Lush

Why do you have such issues with drugs?
"Me thinks thou doth prostest too much."

Just saying.....

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If Hillary Clinton opposed the bill, and then, yesterday on the anniversary of his death, and in the middle of a huge campaign, started apologizing, every one of you that posted a reply to this thread would call her a racist. You'll all say "how can you predict that?" and "bullshit", but if this had played out that way, this thread would've been started by one of you, with Hillary's name at the beginning.

And SOHC, yes, he admitted he was wrong. But it's been TWENTY years since he opposed the bill. His state was the last state to approve it. TWENTY years... and NOW he's saying he was wrong. Why now? It's too political, and again, if it were Clinton that opposed it, and apologized yesterday, I'm certain that this discussion would be completely reversed.

HookEm? Are you saying I'm on drugs? Can I come to one of your meetings and get sober?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Why do you have such issues with drugs?
"Me thinks thou doth prostest too much."

Just saying.....
Ok, so... you're saying I use drugs, because you say I use drugs, and I deny it?

See, this is the logic that makes you & 90 seem like idiots, when you probably aren't. So, if I say, you fell off the wagon, and have been drinking Forty Creek like it's Forty Creek... AND you lost Jesus... and you deny that, or say it's untrue... then it's true?

Moron.
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Recovering Lush

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.
I'm just saying.....

Quote:
Ok, so... you're saying I use drugs, because you say I use drugs, and I deny it?

See, this is the logic that makes you & 90 seem like idiots, when you probably aren't. So, if I say, you fell off the wagon, and have been drinking Forty Creek like it's Forty Creek... AND you lost Jesus... and you deny that, or say it's untrue... then it's true?

Moron.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Baller

Quote:

I'm glad you can interpret that article into your Quote. You seem like a wanna be politician by the way you minipulte something harmless into something so negative.

Dont put it in quotes unless he said it retard.
post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
He will look at this post and have no freaking clue what it means. I cite his first post and the subsequent attempt to defend the improper use of quotes as proof, and the eventual response to this post which will not admit his error. LOL
By using the improper use of the word "quote" I was stating that "he might as well have said ___________". Sometimes breaking the rules is intentional. Like that.

See, NAMBLA Notch is using this post to clear his hardcore Republican mind of the fact that his candidate didn't want to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. Especially with all of his rhetoric about Obama & his wife being racists.
post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Genetically Blessed

Enough with the damned Biblical speak.
post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Recovering Lush

Please provide a quote that supports your 100% unsubstantiated claim.

Quote:
.... the fact that his candidate didn't want to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. .

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Please provide a quote that supports your 100% unsubstantiated claim.
Don't have to. He voted against Martin Luther King Day. Which is a day, set aside, to honor Martin Luther King.

Do you have any quotes where Mrs. Obama says "I'm a racist"?
post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Recovering Lush

Voting against adding yet another federal holiday is not racist.
Attending an Afro-centric church, with a racist minister......
Well, if it isn't racist, you tell me what it is.

Quote:
Don't have to. He voted against Martin Luther King Day. Which is a day, set aside, to honor Martin Luther King.

Do you have any quotes where Mrs. Obama says "I'm a racist"?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Voting against adding yet another federal holiday is not racist.
Attending an Afro-centric church, with a racist minister......
Well, if it isn't racist, you tell me what it is.
How about refusing to honor an African American who led the civil rights movement peacefully. Then, 20 years later, while campaigning for the Presidency, saying "oops." TWENTY YEARS.

He'd be better off in the Klan.
post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Recovering Lush

Did he say "I refuse to honor an African American"?
No.
McCain was a driving force in getting AZ to recognize the holiday, but I doubt you realize that.

Quote:
In Arizona, a bill to recognize a holiday honoring MLK failed in the legislature, so then-Gov. Bruce Babbitt, a Democrat, declared one through executive order.

In January 1987, the first act of Arizona's new governor, Republican Evan Mecham, was to rescind the executive order by his predecessor to create an MLK holiday. Arizona's stance became a national controversy.

McCain backed the decision at the time. But eventually he changed his mind.

In 1990, Arizonans were given an opportunity to vote to observe an MLK holiday. McCain successfully appealed to former President Ronald Reagan to support the holiday. In a letter to voters, Reagan wrote that he hoped Arizonans would "join me in supporting a holiday to commemorate these ideals to which Dr. King dedicated his life."

Mecham, for his part, opposed the holiday, saying, "I guess King did a lot for the colored people, but I don't think he deserves a national holiday."

The 1990 referendum failed.

And as a direct result, the National Football League rescinded its original decision to have Super Bowl XXVII played in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona.

In November 1992, Arizonans voted to re-elect McCain over a challenge from Mecham. They also voted in favor of an MLK holiday.

But it wasn't until 2000 that all 50 states honored the MLK Holiday passed 17 years before.
Quote:
How about refusing to honor an African American who led the civil rights movement peacefully. Then, 20 years later, while campaigning for the Presidency, saying "oops." TWENTY YEARS.

He'd be better off in the Klan.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 11:36 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
McCain was a driving force in getting AZ to recognize the holiday, but I doubt you realize that.
I'd like to hear more about that.

Sidenote: we recognized MLK this year. We let the employees pick the holiday schedule this year. With only one in 18 being afrocentric... we decided to make MLK day an official holiday because most of the Fortune 500 we support recognized it.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Did he say "I refuse to honor an African American"?
No, he just did it.
Quote:
Really?

Because he admitted he wasn't.

He voted against it, and his state was the last state to recognize it.

Driving force, eh?
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Recovering Lush

Typical liberal. When all else fails, lie.

Quote:
No, he just did it.

Really?

Because he admitted he wasn't.

He voted against it, and his state was the last state to recognize it.

Driving force, eh?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Typical liberal. When all else fails, lie.
huh?

Oh. Ok, South Carolina was the last. Arizona was the 2nd to last. I was remembering the Public Enemy song about it, and thinking it was the very last.

Woooo. That totally ruined my point, didn't it. Made it completely null and void. Call me a liar because I was off by one state. Please. It doesn't make you sound like you're grasping at straws at ALL.

So... McCain AND Jesse Helms are racist. Is that truer?
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
By using the improper use of the word "quote" I was stating that "he might as well have said ___________". Sometimes breaking the rules is intentional. Like that.

See, NAMBLA Notch is using this post to clear his hardcore Republican mind of the fact that his candidate didn't want to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. Especially with all of his rhetoric about Obama & his wife being racists.
You could have easily fixed this sick fuck by putting a disclaimer in front of your imaginary quote.

I could care less about whether or not he wanted the MLK holiday or not. On the list of important issues for me, the MLK hloiday issue is right at about #2.3 milllion, it's there, but not very high on the list.

Are you still having the dreams about child molestation or do you think about it all day long sick fuck?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Lifer

With all the problems this country has right now, trying to tie non-support of a national holiday to racism 20 years ago is pretty weak...

You have to admit, the Rev is a racist mf'er... If that was Jerry Falwell or any of those other crazy ass right wing Revs, you would call them out...
post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
I was quoting the underlying meaning of his speech.
LOL, since you obviously know exactly what he's trying to say. I forgot, you're the all knowing GPamp!

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
LOL, since you obviously know exactly what he's trying to say. I forgot, you're the all knowing GPamp!
Psh. Duh.

It's not hard to sum up the actions from 20 years ago, and the actions/speech of today.
post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Recovering Lush

McCain was the driving force behind AZ recognizing the holiday. People that your candidate keeps around him (his wife, his minister) are the driving force that keeps racism alive and well in America.

Quote:
Psh. Duh.

It's not hard to sum up the actions from 20 years ago, and the actions/speech of today.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
McCain was the driving force behind AZ recognizing the holiday. People that your candidate keeps around him (his wife, his minister) are the driving force that keeps racism alive and well in America.
It's almost like you've learned how to argue a point from Sean Hannity, himself.

Way to reach for it!

McCain, obviously, didn't like black people 20 years ago. And didn't think MLK was an important figure. I wonder which year, between then, and now, that he decided he WAS an important figure. Hmm... How about, he never did. He still doesn't think he is. When you say he was the driving force... you're leaving out that it was passed, DESPITE HIS "NAY" VOTE. Another person who opposed the holiday was Ronald Regan. They were in such a minute minority, that there was no way the bill wasn't passing.

So, saying that McCain had something to do with it is quite the overstatement.
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Recovering Lush

Don't let facts get in the way of your lies:

In Arizona, a bill to recognize a holiday honoring MLK failed in the legislature, so then-Gov. Bruce Babbitt, a Democrat, declared one through executive order.

In January 1987, the first act of Arizona's new governor, Republican Evan Mecham, was to rescind the executive order by his predecessor to create an MLK holiday. Arizona's stance became a national controversy.

In 1990, Arizonans were given an opportunity to vote to observe an MLK holiday. McCain successfully appealed to former President Ronald Reagan to support the holiday. In a letter to voters, Reagan wrote that he hoped Arizonans would "join me in supporting a holiday to commemorate these ideals to which Dr. King dedicated his life."

Mecham, for his part, opposed the holiday, saying, "I guess King did a lot for the colored people, but I don't think he deserves a national holiday."

And as a direct result, the National Football League rescinded its original decision to have Super Bowl XXVII played in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona.

In November 1992, Arizonans voted to re-elect McCain over a challenge from Mecham. They also voted in favor of an MLK holiday.

But it wasn't until 2000 that all 50 states honored the MLK Holiday passed 17 years before.

Quote:
It's almost like you've learned how to argue a point from Sean Hannity, himself.

Way to reach for it!

McCain, obviously, didn't like black people 20 years ago. And didn't think MLK was an important figure. I wonder which year, between then, and now, that he decided he WAS an important figure. Hmm... How about, he never did. He still doesn't think he is. When you say he was the driving force... you're leaving out that it was passed, DESPITE HIS "NAY" VOTE. Another person who opposed the holiday was Ronald Regan. They were in such a minute minority, that there was no way the bill wasn't passing.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:

Way to reach for it!

Are you seriously crying about a MLK holiday issue from 20 years ago? Is this what the Obama supporters are going to cling to for their big dirt? I guess with all that is going wrong for Obama lately you people will cling to anything There is plenty more you could bash on McCain for...put some thought into it atleast

It's a good thing for Democrats the Repubs dont have a great candidate as it would be a massacre with the way the dem candidates self implode lol
post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Recovering Lush

Dont be too sure that McCain doesnt win in Reaganesque fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats M Life
Are you seriously crying about a MLK holiday issue from 20 years ago? Is this what the Obama supporters are going to cling to for their big dirt? I guess with all that is going wrong for Obama lately you people will cling to anything There is plenty more you could bash on McCain for...put some thought into it atleast

It's a good thing for Democrats the Repubs dont have a great candidate as it would be a massacre with the way the dem candidates self implode lol

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Dont be too sure that McCain doesnt win in Reaganesque fashion.
I think the table is being set for that very thing. The "silent majority" reared it's head in that election, and no one saw it coming. Folks think it's bad now...Carter left us with double-digit inflation, 11% mortgages, and 20% auto loans! I know, because I was there. Besides the financial debacle he caused, we were also considered cowardice in dealing with the hostages in Iran.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
I think the table is being set for that very thing. The "silent majority" reared it's head in that election, and no one saw it coming. Folks think it's bad now...Carter left us with double-digit inflation, 11% mortgages, and 20% auto loans! I know, because I was there. Besides the financial debacle he caused, we were also considered cowardice in dealing with the hostages in Iran.
Factor in, however, that most people are seeing the economy now, as worse than that. Especially the ones who weren't alive then (they can vote). Most of them think (because it's true) that this economy is the Bush administration's fault. With that, they view it as a Republican problem. I think a lot of people assume that any Republican will just keep the economy going on the downward spiral it's going down, and will vote Democrat just because it's not Republican.

If McCain gets elected, hopefully he won't be a miserable failure like George W. Bush was.
post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Recovering Lush

If W is a failure....

what would that make you?

Quote:
Factor in, however, that most people are seeing the economy now, as worse than that. Especially the ones who weren't alive then (they can vote). Most of them think (because it's true) that this economy is the Bush administration's fault. With that, they view it as a Republican problem. I think a lot of people assume that any Republican will just keep the economy going on the downward spiral it's going down, and will vote Democrat just because it's not Republican.

If McCain gets elected, hopefully he won't be a miserable failure like George W. Bush was.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Don't let your constant derailment stories blur the fact that John McCain voted against Martin Luther King Day. And that he's a racist. An old one.

This was written in 2006:

In the 2000 presidential race, John McCain saw the South Carolina primary as a key contest, following his big win over Bush in New Hampshire. To help boost his standing, McCain shamelessly abandoned his opposition to the Confederate battle flag and agreed with GOP primary voters that the flag was merely about honoring Southern heritage, despite having said the opposite before the primary. Amazingly, after he left the race, McCain switched again, going back to his original position.

Now, of course, McCain is hoping to curry favor in South Carolina again. How far will he goes this time? According to TNR’s Franklin Foer, pretty far.

McCain spokesman Richard Quinn described McCain as a “strong advocate for the Martin Luther King Day” in Arizona. What makes this so stunning? In the 2000 race, McCain took heat for working with Quinn, who once edited the neo-Confederate journal The Southern Partisan.

You may recall that this journal published apologias for slavery and that Quinn once advocated voting for David Duke. During McCain’s contentious primary race with Bush, McCain declined to distance himself from Quinn. He claimed no knowledge of Quinn’s writings. But a lot of time has passed since then. By now, McCain should have taken the opportunity to thumb through Quinn’s work. I’m sure that McCain very badly wants the presidency. Does he really want it this badly?

McCain doesn’t have much of an excuse this time. When confronted with quotes from his campaign aide five years ago, McCain had plausible deniability. Now, not so much.

We’re not just talking about borderline-controversial comments from a South Carolina activist. McCain hired Quinn despite a disturbing record that includes Quinn condemning Martin Luther King, Jr., describing Nelson Mandela as a “terrorist,” and discounting the evils of slavery.

Quinn can believe as he pleases, but how does McCain justify hiring him as a top-level campaign staffer — twice?

It fits in nicely with the realization that McCain denounced Jerry Falwell in 2000 and as “agent of intolerance,” but now wants to smooth things over with the radical TV preacher.

Does he want to win this badly? Apparently so.

It's been happening for YEARS!
post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If W is a failure....

what would that make you?
A guy that didn't vote for the failure?

Which makes you... THE REASON OUR ECONOMY IS IN SHAMBLES!!
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Recovering Lush

No. I understand that the government is not responsible for my financial success or failure. You on the other hand.....

Well, it's obvious you think you are owed something.

Quote:
A guy that didn't vote for the failure?

Which makes you... THE REASON OUR ECONOMY IS IN SHAMBLES!!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Recovering Lush

Source please.

Quote:
Don't let your constant derailment stories blur the fact that John McCain voted against Martin Luther King Day. And that he's a racist. An old one.

This was written in 2006:

In the 2000 presidential race, John McCain saw the South Carolina primary as a key contest, following his big win over Bush in New Hampshire. To help boost his standing, McCain shamelessly abandoned his opposition to the Confederate battle flag and agreed with GOP primary voters that the flag was merely about honoring Southern heritage, despite having said the opposite before the primary. Amazingly, after he left the race, McCain switched again, going back to his original position.

Now, of course, McCain is hoping to curry favor in South Carolina again. How far will he goes this time? According to TNR’s Franklin Foer, pretty far.

McCain spokesman Richard Quinn described McCain as a “strong advocate for the Martin Luther King Day” in Arizona. What makes this so stunning? In the 2000 race, McCain took heat for working with Quinn, who once edited the neo-Confederate journal The Southern Partisan.

You may recall that this journal published apologias for slavery and that Quinn once advocated voting for David Duke. During McCain’s contentious primary race with Bush, McCain declined to distance himself from Quinn. He claimed no knowledge of Quinn’s writings. But a lot of time has passed since then. By now, McCain should have taken the opportunity to thumb through Quinn’s work. I’m sure that McCain very badly wants the presidency. Does he really want it this badly?

McCain doesn’t have much of an excuse this time. When confronted with quotes from his campaign aide five years ago, McCain had plausible deniability. Now, not so much.

We’re not just talking about borderline-controversial comments from a South Carolina activist. McCain hired Quinn despite a disturbing record that includes Quinn condemning Martin Luther King, Jr., describing Nelson Mandela as a “terrorist,” and discounting the evils of slavery.

Quinn can believe as he pleases, but how does McCain justify hiring him as a top-level campaign staffer — twice?

It fits in nicely with the realization that McCain denounced Jerry Falwell in 2000 and as “agent of intolerance,” but now wants to smooth things over with the radical TV preacher.

Does he want to win this badly? Apparently so.

It's been happening for YEARS!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Source please.
Why? You didn't give one.

Which was half of my point.
post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
No. I understand that the government is not responsible for my financial success or failure. You on the other hand.....

Well, it's obvious you think you are owed something.
No, not really. Which is why I referred to it as "The economy" not "my financial success". See, that's the Republican in you. I say "economy" and your first thought is "me, mine, me, mine."
post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Why? You didn't give one.

Which was half of my point.

I always provide a source. You, OTOH, make stuff up and hope no one actually reads what you foam on about. (Eg., the quote you attributed to McCain)

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I always provide a source. You, OTOH, make stuff up and hope no one actually reads what you foam on about. (Eg., the quote you attributed to McCain)
Liar.

Quote:

No source.
post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Recovering Lush

http://mediamatters.org/items/200804030012

source

Waiting for yours, liar.

Quote:
Liar.

No source.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
http://mediamatters.org/items/200804030012

source

Waiting for yours, liar.
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/6276.html

So, what, now do I wait for you to judge my source and say whether or not it's worthy of your demand? Do you even realize yet, what I'm doing?

I'm copying you. All I did was google a bunch of words that would help me find something that would say John McCain is a racist. Then I posted whatever it was. I intentionally left out the source, because you did. That's why it was "half my point."

I was hoping you'd catch on, and ignore me or something. I guess you intrigue yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement